Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 red cards by a Saints player 16:02 - Jul 24 with 750 viewsgentlekenneth

Following on from the football violence thread, what are the top 3 best straight red cards you’ve seen for a Saints player?

1. Oscar Gobern vs Bournemouth - slipped and volleyed the bloke in the chest. Textbook
2. Prutton vs Arsenal - the tackle on Pires was filthy enough but feeling hard done by he doubled down by trying to get at the lino.
3. Benali vs Norwich - elbowed Ruel Fox’s nose half way across the pitch but still remonstrated with the ref. Absolute lunatic

Not old enough to have seen Benali’s assault on John Fashanu sadly otherwise that would obviously be number 1

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 16:08 - Jul 24 with 744 viewsthis_charming_man

one of the first games I went to was a evening cup game v Aston Villa, saints won but I remember the crowd being stunned when Mark Dennis and a Villa player were sent of. Dennis was hacked down as he ran down the wing, as he got up the Villa player elbowed him on the face, bizzarely both players were sent off.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: What should areasix do with his crystal ball?

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 16:33 - Jul 24 with 722 viewskingslandstand1

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 16:08 - Jul 24 by this_charming_man

one of the first games I went to was a evening cup game v Aston Villa, saints won but I remember the crowd being stunned when Mark Dennis and a Villa player were sent of. Dennis was hacked down as he ran down the wing, as he got up the Villa player elbowed him on the face, bizzarely both players were sent off.

Who says reputations don't go before you ………………..

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 16:38 - Jul 24 with 718 viewsPatfromPoole

1. Benali v John Fashanu. Epic.

2. Ruddock v Notts County was a bit daft. Running 50 yards to go and head butt their player (Craig Short??) wasn’t terribly subtle.

3. Carlton Palmer v Leeds. Mainly as their crowd were desperate for him to be sent off. And we still won, and this was at their place....
Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 16:42 - Jul 24 with 709 viewsthis_charming_man

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 16:38 - Jul 24 by PatfromPoole

1. Benali v John Fashanu. Epic.

2. Ruddock v Notts County was a bit daft. Running 50 yards to go and head butt their player (Craig Short??) wasn’t terribly subtle.

3. Carlton Palmer v Leeds. Mainly as their crowd were desperate for him to be sent off. And we still won, and this was at their place....

I was at the Leeds game. We won 1-0, we never used to win at Leeds so It was a rare treat. Like you say the Leeds fans were giving it loads to Carlton Palmer all game and he got an ironic cheer and standing ovation when he got sent off.

I'd forgotten about that Ruddock incident, was hilarious and crazy looking back, imagine if that had happened now, there would uproar with demands he never play again.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: What should areasix do with his crystal ball?

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 16:43 - Jul 24 with 710 viewsBicester_North

Agree with your first 2, and what about Beniali’s neck high Bruce Lee style attack on Nick Barmby at White Hart Lane?

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 17:04 - Jul 24 with 688 viewsPatfromPoole

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 16:42 - Jul 24 by this_charming_man

I was at the Leeds game. We won 1-0, we never used to win at Leeds so It was a rare treat. Like you say the Leeds fans were giving it loads to Carlton Palmer all game and he got an ironic cheer and standing ovation when he got sent off.

I'd forgotten about that Ruddock incident, was hilarious and crazy looking back, imagine if that had happened now, there would uproar with demands he never play again.

Only time I have ever seen us win at Leeds.
Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 17:18 - Jul 24 with 681 viewsgentlekenneth

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 16:43 - Jul 24 by Bicester_North

Agree with your first 2, and what about Beniali’s neck high Bruce Lee style attack on Nick Barmby at White Hart Lane?

How could I forget that?! Nearly broke the poor sod’s neck! How’s this for some classic early-90s Saints defending...

Another honourable mention for Tahar ending Kieron Dyer’s World Cup dreams

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 18:15 - Jul 24 with 624 viewsBicester_North

2 of the worst, most annoying red cards were in the FA cup QF under Branfoot at Norwich.
MLT let that horrible tw@t Fleck wind him up and kicked him, then Barry Horne did something similar in extra time. The ref let everything go from Norwich. Typical fluke of a late winner against us in extra time as well.

Login to get fewer ads

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 16:35 - Jul 25 with 441 viewsdarthvader

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 17:18 - Jul 24 by gentlekenneth

How could I forget that?! Nearly broke the poor sod’s neck! How’s this for some classic early-90s Saints defending...

Another honourable mention for Tahar ending Kieron Dyer’s World Cup dreams

I was at this game and I was working in London and skived and went to the game and took a mate. He was drinking or on the loo or something went down at 0-1 came back at 4-1 he said "I heard a cheer did they equalise? "
Would've been funny if not so sheite .

Best moment though was Franny taking the little twät out.

keep the faith coyr

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 16:36 - Jul 25 with 439 viewsdarthvader

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 16:35 - Jul 25 by darthvader

I was at this game and I was working in London and skived and went to the game and took a mate. He was drinking or on the loo or something went down at 0-1 came back at 4-1 he said "I heard a cheer did they equalise? "
Would've been funny if not so sheite .

Best moment though was Franny taking the little twät out.

Oh and the next best thing was knowing I was getting paid to watch it

keep the faith coyr

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 17:54 - Jul 25 with 412 viewsBoris_

Ruddock's sending off against Notts County was a classic. Running the length of the pitch to headbut Craig Short, then not even look art the ref, turn around and trot off the pitch clapping the crowd and even throwing his shirt in to the Milton before he went up the tunnel.

What a lad. Imagine if someone did that nowadays...
[Post edited 25 Jul 17:55]

Poll: Claude Puel

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 19:04 - Jul 25 with 373 viewsMushty

Go straight to 2:53

[Post edited 26 Jul 6:28]
Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 01:02 - Jul 27 with 247 viewsBicester_North

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 19:04 - Jul 25 by Mushty

Go straight to 2:53

[Post edited 26 Jul 6:28]

The commentator calls him ‘Tony Riddington’
How shit was that away trip.

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 08:28 - Jul 27 with 180 viewsMushty

Top 3 red cards by a Saints player on 01:02 - Jul 27 by Bicester_North

The commentator calls him ‘Tony Riddington’
How shit was that away trip.

It was, but it was also Branfoot out/Bally in so every cloud.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019