Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Husband 11:06 - Jul 26 with 2226 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

...has signed on a season-long loan from Norwich.

Inevitably will increase speculation about Bola being on his way.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

James Husband on 11:08 - Jul 26 with 2222 viewsLala

Hmmm, any opinions on this one?

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

James Husband on 11:13 - Jul 26 with 2219 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

James Husband on 11:08 - Jul 26 by Lala

Hmmm, any opinions on this one?

On paper it's a very good loan, doubt he's here to warm the bench, so I can see why people might think Bola's will move shortly.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

James Husband on 11:14 - Jul 26 with 2216 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

James Husband on 11:13 - Jul 26 by BringBackTheRedRoom

On paper it's a very good loan, doubt he's here to warm the bench, so I can see why people might think Bola's will move shortly.

I know very little about him, but those that do seem to rate him.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

James Husband on 11:25 - Jul 26 with 2211 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

James Husband on 11:14 - Jul 26 by basilrobbiereborn

I know very little about him, but those that do seem to rate him.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

James Husband on 13:06 - Jul 26 with 2200 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

James Husband on 11:25 - Jul 26 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool have made left-back James Husband their second loan signing of the week.

The 25-year-old makes the move to Bloomfield Road from Premier League side Norwich City and will spend the season with the Seasiders.

It comes after goalkeeper Jak Alnwick became Pool's first loan signing of the summer earlier this week.

Husband has made more than 160 appearances during his career to date for the likes of Doncaster Rovers, Middlesbrough, Fulham and Huddersfield Town.

The defender, who made 35 appearances on loan at Fleetwood Town last season, moved to Norwich for an undisclosed fee in 2017.

He made 21 first-team appearances at Carrow Road.

On joining the club, Husband said: “I’m delighted. It’s been a long pre-season for me and when I heard of the interest from Blackpool, I literally couldn’t wait to get in the car and come over here.

"I had a few conversations with the manager about the ambitions of the new owner and everything like that and the place is starting to look better and better each day.”

The signing of Husband, who becomes Pool's eighth summer signing, will only intensify speculation that first-choice left back Marc Bola is due to leave the club.

It comes amid speculation that Championship duo Middlesbrough and Brentford are tracking his services.

While there has been interest in the 21-year-old, who joined the Seasiders on a free transfer last summer, nothing is thought to be imminent.

“James has good experience at Championship level and is another important piece of the jigsaw for us," manager Simon Grayson said.

"There was a fair bit of interest from clubs looking to sign him and we’re delighted that we’ve been able to bring him to Blackpool.”

Players contracted for next season: Jak Alnwick, Nick Anderton, Marc Bola, Myles Boney (out on loan), Yusifu Ceesay, Nathan Delfouneso, Jamie Devitt, Ryan Edwards, Liam Feeney, Armand Gnanduillet, Callum Guy, Ryan Hardie, Mark Howard, James Husband, Sullay Kaikai, Christoffer Mafoumbi, Michael Nottingham, Harry Pritchard, Rowan Roache, Jay Spearing, Jordan Thompson, Curtis Tilt, Ben Tollitt, Ollie Turton, Matty Virtue, Adi Yussuf

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-secure-

James Husband on 13:09 - Jul 26 with 2198 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

James Husband on 13:06 - Jul 26 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool have made left-back James Husband their second loan signing of the week.

The 25-year-old makes the move to Bloomfield Road from Premier League side Norwich City and will spend the season with the Seasiders.

It comes after goalkeeper Jak Alnwick became Pool's first loan signing of the summer earlier this week.

Husband has made more than 160 appearances during his career to date for the likes of Doncaster Rovers, Middlesbrough, Fulham and Huddersfield Town.

The defender, who made 35 appearances on loan at Fleetwood Town last season, moved to Norwich for an undisclosed fee in 2017.

He made 21 first-team appearances at Carrow Road.

On joining the club, Husband said: “I’m delighted. It’s been a long pre-season for me and when I heard of the interest from Blackpool, I literally couldn’t wait to get in the car and come over here.

"I had a few conversations with the manager about the ambitions of the new owner and everything like that and the place is starting to look better and better each day.”

The signing of Husband, who becomes Pool's eighth summer signing, will only intensify speculation that first-choice left back Marc Bola is due to leave the club.

It comes amid speculation that Championship duo Middlesbrough and Brentford are tracking his services.

While there has been interest in the 21-year-old, who joined the Seasiders on a free transfer last summer, nothing is thought to be imminent.

“James has good experience at Championship level and is another important piece of the jigsaw for us," manager Simon Grayson said.

"There was a fair bit of interest from clubs looking to sign him and we’re delighted that we’ve been able to bring him to Blackpool.”

Players contracted for next season: Jak Alnwick, Nick Anderton, Marc Bola, Myles Boney (out on loan), Yusifu Ceesay, Nathan Delfouneso, Jamie Devitt, Ryan Edwards, Liam Feeney, Armand Gnanduillet, Callum Guy, Ryan Hardie, Mark Howard, James Husband, Sullay Kaikai, Christoffer Mafoumbi, Michael Nottingham, Harry Pritchard, Rowan Roache, Jay Spearing, Jordan Thompson, Curtis Tilt, Ben Tollitt, Ollie Turton, Matty Virtue, Adi Yussuf

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-secure-

James Husband on 13:46 - Jul 26 with 2193 viewsjanegallagher

James Husband on 13:09 - Jul 26 by BringBackTheRedRoom

We’ve got Simon Sadler

James Husband on 19:01 - Jul 26 with 2175 viewsLala

James Husband on 13:46 - Jul 26 by janegallagher

I take it this is a bona fide Grayson signing not a TM one?

Login to get fewer ads

James Husband on 19:51 - Jul 26 with 2173 viewsspell_chekker

James Husband on 19:01 - Jul 26 by Lala

I take it this is a bona fide Grayson signing not a TM one?

TM is long gone.

Husband has a pedigree more than acceptable for a L1 outfit.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

James Husband on 19:54 - Jul 26 with 2170 viewsLala

James Husband on 19:51 - Jul 26 by spell_chekker

TM is long gone.

Husband has a pedigree more than acceptable for a L1 outfit.

Agree 👍

James Husband on 07:01 - Jul 31 with 2146 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

James Husband on 19:54 - Jul 26 by Lala

Agree 👍

Simon Grayson has warned Blackpool fans they might have to wait a few weeks for the best of James Husband.

Despite the absence of Marc Bola, the 25-year-old only started Saturday’s final friendly against Blackburn Rovers from the bench.

The left-back, who recently signed on a season-long from Premier League side Norwich City, did eventually make his debut as a second-half substitute.

But Grayson hinted the new recruit is likely to be short on fitness and Saturday’s season opener against Bristol Rovers could come too soon for him.

“Friday in training was the first bit of football he’s done in all of pre-season in terms of being with a group,” the Pool boss said.

“He’s previously been in a group that’s not done a great deal of work, small numbers, you can probably use the phrase ‘bomb squad’.

“But he’s kept his fitness up really well and he’s only going to get better.

“He’s a real fit lad and I know the lad who has been coaching him while he’s been at Norwich and he was full of praise for him.

“He’s a natural athlete anyway, it’s just going to be about positioning and picking players up but good players — which he is — will pick that sort of thing up very quickly.

“We’ve got a clear week this week so we can get some work into him and we will see the best of James Husband, probably not in the first game of the season, but a few more games in.”

With Grayson expecting to utilise a number of different systems this season, he says Husband’s flexibility made him a perfect addition.

“He wanted to come which is a massive starting point,” he added.

“He’s a player I’ve been aware of in the past and a player that has played at a good level in the Championship and earned a couple of good moves to Middlesbrough and Norwich.

“We just looked at the situation and he can play left of a three and left back as well as left wing back.”

Blackpool are still keen to add to their options at the other end of the pitch, with Blackburn Rovers striker Joe Nuttall thought to be a target.

But Grayson says the club can sign all the number nines they want but it won’t make a difference if the players behind them don’t create chances.

“I think it’s finding the right balance, getting the players in who will be clinical when the chances come along,” he said.

“We’ve improved the squad with Ryan Hardie coming in but you can have Premier League strikers in your team and still not score goals if you don’t create chances for them.

“It’s about playing a system that will allow our creative players to score goals themselves but also create chances for the strikers.

“But then we need to have the strikers in the team that are clinical when chances come their way.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/simon-grayson-pro

James Husband on 07:35 - Jul 31 with 2140 viewsLala

James Husband on 07:01 - Jul 31 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Simon Grayson has warned Blackpool fans they might have to wait a few weeks for the best of James Husband.

Despite the absence of Marc Bola, the 25-year-old only started Saturday’s final friendly against Blackburn Rovers from the bench.

The left-back, who recently signed on a season-long from Premier League side Norwich City, did eventually make his debut as a second-half substitute.

But Grayson hinted the new recruit is likely to be short on fitness and Saturday’s season opener against Bristol Rovers could come too soon for him.

“Friday in training was the first bit of football he’s done in all of pre-season in terms of being with a group,” the Pool boss said.

“He’s previously been in a group that’s not done a great deal of work, small numbers, you can probably use the phrase ‘bomb squad’.

“But he’s kept his fitness up really well and he’s only going to get better.

“He’s a real fit lad and I know the lad who has been coaching him while he’s been at Norwich and he was full of praise for him.

“He’s a natural athlete anyway, it’s just going to be about positioning and picking players up but good players — which he is — will pick that sort of thing up very quickly.

“We’ve got a clear week this week so we can get some work into him and we will see the best of James Husband, probably not in the first game of the season, but a few more games in.”

With Grayson expecting to utilise a number of different systems this season, he says Husband’s flexibility made him a perfect addition.

“He wanted to come which is a massive starting point,” he added.

“He’s a player I’ve been aware of in the past and a player that has played at a good level in the Championship and earned a couple of good moves to Middlesbrough and Norwich.

“We just looked at the situation and he can play left of a three and left back as well as left wing back.”

Blackpool are still keen to add to their options at the other end of the pitch, with Blackburn Rovers striker Joe Nuttall thought to be a target.

But Grayson says the club can sign all the number nines they want but it won’t make a difference if the players behind them don’t create chances.

“I think it’s finding the right balance, getting the players in who will be clinical when the chances come along,” he said.

“We’ve improved the squad with Ryan Hardie coming in but you can have Premier League strikers in your team and still not score goals if you don’t create chances for them.

“It’s about playing a system that will allow our creative players to score goals themselves but also create chances for the strikers.

“But then we need to have the strikers in the team that are clinical when chances come their way.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/simon-grayson-pro

Fair enough 👍

Patience is a virtue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024