Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes thread 10:37 - Aug 1 with 27925 viewsSandyman

Convicts win the toss and bat.
Ashes thread on 11:22 - Aug 1 with 5942 viewsDaleiLama

2-1 …… early breakthrough after an earlier nick down leg side to Bairstow not given.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ashes thread on 11:22 - Aug 1 with 5942 viewsEllDale

Byebye to Warner as the crowd wave sandpaper as he departs! Great start for England.
Ashes thread on 11:25 - Aug 1 with 5938 viewsChaffRAFC

Poor review for a delivery going clearly over the stumps.

Good to see Warner go early.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Ashes thread on 11:38 - Aug 1 with 5910 viewsDaleiLama

Ashes thread on 11:25 - Aug 1 by ChaffRAFC

Poor review for a delivery going clearly over the stumps.

Good to see Warner go early.

17-2.

Hope Dale start as well as this on Saturday!

Ashes thread on 11:39 - Aug 1 with 5910 viewsEllDale

Sandpaper out again as Bancroft’s dismissal heralds the appearance of Smith.
Ashes thread on 11:39 - Aug 1 with 5909 viewsChaffRAFC

Boom, 17-2, off go you Cameron!

Great start

Ashes thread on 11:43 - Aug 1 with 5886 viewsSandyman

Smith walks out to bat to a chorus of "Cry in a minute, you're gonna cry in a minute"
Ashes thread on 14:45 - Aug 1 with 5743 viewsNigeriamark

Ashes thread on 11:43 - Aug 1 by Sandyman

Smith walks out to bat to a chorus of "Cry in a minute, you're gonna cry in a minute"

Aussies 112-7 now but Smith still there. Hopefully will run out of partners. Let's hope Jimmey's injury not too bad
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 14:47]
Login to get fewer ads

Ashes thread on 14:48 - Aug 1 with 5738 viewsSandyDrum

Umpires have been poor so far today, not that I'm complaining!

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Ashes thread on 14:53 - Aug 1 with 5727 viewsChaffRAFC

This is ace

Ashes thread on 14:57 - Aug 1 with 5718 viewsfitzochris

Ashes thread on 14:53 - Aug 1 by ChaffRAFC

This is ace

It certainly is, although the typical English pessimism in me fears the fact we still have to face an Australian attack on this wicket.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ashes thread on 18:37 - Aug 1 with 5544 viewsDaleiLama

..... at chuffing last. Feels like we lost that first day now.

Ashes thread on 18:48 - Aug 1 with 5523 viewsisitme

What a great innings by Smith. I felt England went too defensive to him too early. The loss of Anderson was really telling. It's much more difficult bowling third and fourth spells with an old ball.
Ashes thread on 19:19 - Aug 1 with 5490 viewsEllDale

There should be questions asked as to what sort of rigorous fitness test Anderson was put through.
Ashes thread on 20:11 - Aug 1 with 5427 viewsblackdogblue

Ashes thread on 19:19 - Aug 1 by EllDale

There should be questions asked as to what sort of rigorous fitness test Anderson was put through.

Like the Buckets, was so promising but will prevail in the end

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Ashes thread on 20:15 - Aug 1 with 5418 viewsNigeriamark

Ashes thread on 18:48 - Aug 1 by isitme

What a great innings by Smith. I felt England went too defensive to him too early. The loss of Anderson was really telling. It's much more difficult bowling third and fourth spells with an old ball.

Incredible innings even though Anderson was injured for most of the day. Fair play to the Aussie tail too. Over to us with the Bat tomorrow and let’s hope for a sunny day otherwise not sure we will chase that total down
Ashes thread on 14:49 - Aug 2 with 5229 viewsisitme

Decent start for England. Proper test match cricket, see off the new ball, then cash in when the ball gets softer and the seamers are in their third and fourth spells.
Ashes thread on 16:30 - Aug 2 with 5165 viewsDaley_Lama

Ashes thread on 14:49 - Aug 2 by isitme

Decent start for England. Proper test match cricket, see off the new ball, then cash in when the ball gets softer and the seamers are in their third and fourth spells.

Nice of the umpires to give Aus a new cherry after 60 overs.

Poll: DF in or out

Ashes thread on 16:51 - Aug 2 with 5127 viewsD_Alien

Ashes thread on 16:30 - Aug 2 by Daley_Lama

Nice of the umpires to give Aus a new cherry after 60 overs.

Game changer

The old ball England had yesterday did nothing from 50 overs, Aussies whinge about theirs and get a replacement that's hooping around

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ashes thread on 17:19 - Aug 2 with 5098 viewsisitme

Ashes thread on 16:51 - Aug 2 by D_Alien

Game changer

The old ball England had yesterday did nothing from 50 overs, Aussies whinge about theirs and get a replacement that's hooping around

So much for dead older ball! The Aussies get the ball changed and for all our complaining yesterday we didn't.
Ashes thread on 21:09 - Aug 2 with 5015 viewsSandyman

Ashes thread on 17:19 - Aug 2 by isitme

So much for dead older ball! The Aussies get the ball changed and for all our complaining yesterday we didn't.

Cheating cons got a couple of wickets out of it, getting a swinging ball issued. Has to be said how poor the umpiring has been so far, which is very unusual at this level. But, England, Rory Burns in particular, played some great test cricket today in spite of these shenanigans . Play through tomorrow in the same way, build a substantial lead, and maybe...
Ashes thread on 21:56 - Aug 2 with 4972 viewsNigeriamark

Ashes thread on 21:09 - Aug 2 by Sandyman

Cheating cons got a couple of wickets out of it, getting a swinging ball issued. Has to be said how poor the umpiring has been so far, which is very unusual at this level. But, England, Rory Burns in particular, played some great test cricket today in spite of these shenanigans . Play through tomorrow in the same way, build a substantial lead, and maybe...

Happy with that performance today with the way most of the top 4 have batted recently. Pity Buttler had a low score and I was a bit surprised he went in before Stokes. We need to make the most of this and have a lead of at least 100 as Lyon will be dangerous in the 4th innings

Good win for Lancs too
Ashes thread on 22:18 - Aug 2 with 4948 viewsisitme

Ashes thread on 21:09 - Aug 2 by Sandyman

Unfortunately England have 5 umpires on the elite panel and the Aussies two so we are left with the rest so it will be Dar, Darmasena, Wilson, Gaffney and Erasmus to umpire the series. Not really an inspired list!

I thought Buttler got a good one, so was a bit unfortunate. Really need to get a decent lead. Anderson was supposedly seen doing some jogging/running. If we could bat all day tomorrow even 10 overs from him could be vital. Cummins and Patterson were knackered when they took the new ball. Having only 4 bowlers really takes it toll.
Ashes thread on 22:23 - Aug 2 with 4940 viewsTVOS1907

Ashes thread on 22:18 - Aug 2 by isitme

Unfortunately England have 5 umpires on the elite panel and the Aussies two so we are left with the rest so it will be Dar, Darmasena, Wilson, Gaffney and Erasmus to umpire the series. Not really an inspired list!

I thought Buttler got a good one, so was a bit unfortunate. Really need to get a decent lead. Anderson was supposedly seen doing some jogging/running. If we could bat all day tomorrow even 10 overs from him could be vital. Cummins and Patterson were knackered when they took the new ball. Having only 4 bowlers really takes it toll.

1st test: Aleem Dar (Pakistan) & Joel Wilson (West Indies), 3rd umpire- Chris Gaffaney (New Zealand)
2nd test: Aleem Dar (Pakistan) & Chris Gaffaney (New Zealand), 3rd umpire- Joel Wilson (West Indies)
3rd test: Chris Gaffaney (New Zealand) & Joel Wilson (West Indies), 3rd umpire-Kumar Dharmasena (Sri Lanka)
4th test: Ruchira Palliyagurugue (Sri Lanka) & Marais Erasmus (South Africa), 3rd umpire-Kumar Dharmasena (Sri Lanka)
5th test: Kumar Dharmasena (Sri Lanka) & Marais Erasmus (South Africa), 3rd umpire-Ruchira Palliyaguruge (Sri Lanka)

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Ashes thread on 22:42 - Aug 2 with 4925 viewsdownunder

Ashes thread on 22:23 - Aug 2 by TVOS1907

1st test: Aleem Dar (Pakistan) & Joel Wilson (West Indies), 3rd umpire- Chris Gaffaney (New Zealand)
2nd test: Aleem Dar (Pakistan) & Chris Gaffaney (New Zealand), 3rd umpire- Joel Wilson (West Indies)
3rd test: Chris Gaffaney (New Zealand) & Joel Wilson (West Indies), 3rd umpire-Kumar Dharmasena (Sri Lanka)
4th test: Ruchira Palliyagurugue (Sri Lanka) & Marais Erasmus (South Africa), 3rd umpire-Kumar Dharmasena (Sri Lanka)
5th test: Kumar Dharmasena (Sri Lanka) & Marais Erasmus (South Africa), 3rd umpire-Ruchira Palliyaguruge (Sri Lanka)

You will be all right. Kumar Dharmasena won the world cup for England.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024