Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
looking forward 21:41 - Aug 4 with 1188 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

It's a bit of a novelty for us to start well. What would you think would be a reasonable target for the fist six games ?

What we have is :

Southend (a)
Oxford (h)
Gillingham (a)
Rochdale (a)
Portsmouth (h)

I think all of those look winnable on paper, and apart from Pompey you'd be a bit surprised if any of them do well this season. But life doesn't always follow form.

I'm hoping for more than ten points from them. No expectations though, it's too early.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

looking forward on 21:54 - Aug 4 with 1181 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Kiss of death, but will go for 2 wins 2 draws 1 loss. (DWLWD)

Really don't like the look of Gillingham away midweek.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

looking forward on 21:57 - Aug 4 with 1180 viewsjanegallagher

Yes it is too early but got to say I’m really excited about our team. As I said previously would have loved to have seen a bit more of Nuttall, think he’s going to be class along with KaiKai.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

looking forward on 21:57 - Aug 4 with 1180 viewsspell_chekker

I agree to a point.

Southend, Gillingham, and Rochdale look like winnable away games.

If you're looking at promotion, you've got to back yourself in all home matches, the redoubtable game against Pompey included.

We can take them.

Gung ho, gung ho. Even though sod's law would dictate a loss plus a draw among those fixtures.

Wins all the way for me.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

looking forward on 22:00 - Aug 4 with 1178 viewsjanegallagher

looking forward on 21:57 - Aug 4 by spell_chekker

I agree to a point.

Southend, Gillingham, and Rochdale look like winnable away games.

If you're looking at promotion, you've got to back yourself in all home matches, the redoubtable game against Pompey included.

We can take them.

Gung ho, gung ho. Even though sod's law would dictate a loss plus a draw among those fixtures.

Wins all the way for me.

The only one I would have reservations about would be Portsmouth. Then again.didnt we beat them away last season.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

looking forward on 22:02 - Aug 4 with 1176 viewsspell_chekker

looking forward on 22:00 - Aug 4 by janegallagher

The only one I would have reservations about would be Portsmouth. Then again.didnt we beat them away last season.

Win the preceeding games and we'll steam roller them Jane.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 22:03]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

looking forward on 22:06 - Aug 4 with 1172 viewsjanegallagher

looking forward on 22:02 - Aug 4 by spell_chekker

Win the preceeding games and we'll steam roller them Jane.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 22:03]

Ye think positively 👍😃

We’ve got Simon Sadler

looking forward on 12:10 - Aug 5 with 1147 viewsLala

looking forward on 22:06 - Aug 4 by janegallagher

Ye think positively 👍😃

3 wins a draw and one defeat.

I am, as always, a positive Pete.

I think we have a chance to seize on the momentum of a new era. The team demonstrated confidence on Saturday that’s been lacking for a while, understandably, and the oversized squad means players are fighting for their place which for us is a good thing.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

looking forward on 20:23 - Aug 5 with 1132 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

looking forward on 12:10 - Aug 5 by Lala

3 wins a draw and one defeat.

I am, as always, a positive Pete.

I think we have a chance to seize on the momentum of a new era. The team demonstrated confidence on Saturday that’s been lacking for a while, understandably, and the oversized squad means players are fighting for their place which for us is a good thing.

Never thought that predicting 11 points from the first 6 games would leave me being the miserable glass half empty sod....

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Login to get fewer ads

looking forward on 20:41 - Aug 5 with 1127 viewsLala

looking forward on 20:23 - Aug 5 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Never thought that predicting 11 points from the first 6 games would leave me being the miserable glass half empty sod....

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

looking forward on 20:51 - Aug 5 with 1124 viewsspell_chekker

looking forward on 20:41 - Aug 5 by Lala

If you extrapolate it, 11 points from the first 6 games would be a minimum requirement for automatic.

In the 2018/19 season, second placed Barnsley went up with 91 points from 46 games. An average of as near to 2 points per game as you can get.

looking forward on 21:31 - Aug 5 with 1113 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

looking forward on 20:51 - Aug 5 by spell_chekker

If you extrapolate it, 11 points from the first 6 games would be a minimum requirement for automatic.

In the 2018/19 season, second placed Barnsley went up with 91 points from 46 games. An average of as near to 2 points per game as you can get.

For automatic promotion I always work on the premise that 83/84 may be enough, 87/88 will be.

I would be very happy with 11 or more from those fixtures, I think, not least because I think we will take time to establish a rhythm.

I'd love us to win automatic promotion at home. I've never seen it, and I have a suspicion nobody under age 90 or so will have done either.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

looking forward on 22:22 - Aug 5 with 1104 viewsspell_chekker

looking forward on 21:31 - Aug 5 by basilrobbiereborn

For automatic promotion I always work on the premise that 83/84 may be enough, 87/88 will be.

I would be very happy with 11 or more from those fixtures, I think, not least because I think we will take time to establish a rhythm.

I'd love us to win automatic promotion at home. I've never seen it, and I have a suspicion nobody under age 90 or so will have done either.

Yes, last season the top 5 were well clear of the rest. Any one of the 5 could have gone up automatically had lady luck smiled on them with 5th placed Sunderland finishing on 85 points.

Doncaster were the best of the rest, finishing 6th and a long way back with 73 points.

looking forward on 07:06 - Aug 25 with 1083 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

looking forward on 22:22 - Aug 5 by spell_chekker

Yes, last season the top 5 were well clear of the rest. Any one of the 5 could have gone up automatically had lady luck smiled on them with 5th placed Sunderland finishing on 85 points.

Doncaster were the best of the rest, finishing 6th and a long way back with 73 points.

looking forward on 09:43 - Aug 25 with 1059 viewsspell_chekker

looking forward on 07:06 - Aug 25 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Good bump.

I suppose you'll be hping we lose our next game Red.

looking forward on 09:46 - Aug 25 with 1057 viewsjanegallagher

looking forward on 09:43 - Aug 25 by spell_chekker

Good bump.

I suppose you'll be hping we lose our next game Red.

Feel like I’ve jinxed it with my prediction. Going to change it to

Feel very confident about Saturday going for a Pool win.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024