Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rooney 17:29 - Aug 6 with 304 viewsSonicBoom

What do we think ?
Joined Derby on 100k a week. His wages are being supported by the betting firm 32Red who signed a deal with derby.
Rooney will wear number 32.

I don't know. Good move for him and will help him move into coaching but it makes me feel distinctly uneasy. Firstly because it's a gambling firm. Alcohol and fags are banned but it seems gambling is fine in sport.
It also seems very contrived that the sponsor can dictate the shirt number.
Maybe I'm being old fashioned but it doesn't seem right to me. If Derby can't afford his wages then they shouldn't be signing him for a start.....

Rooney on 17:33 - Aug 6 with 293 viewsChesham_Saint

Agree with you.
Plus I know Terry is a bit thick but Rooney? Isn’t that like Dumb and Dumber - are they really going to make it as managers just because they were quite good players?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Rooney (n/t) on 18:34 - Aug 6 with 254 viewsDellHero

Rooney on 17:33 - Aug 6 by Chesham_Saint

Agree with you.
Plus I know Terry is a bit thick but Rooney? Isn’t that like Dumb and Dumber - are they really going to make it as managers just because they were quite good players?

[Post edited 15 Aug 8:37]

Poll: How much will we spend (net+ve) in the summer window

Rooney on 18:53 - Aug 6 with 225 viewskingslandstand1

The main problem is that a company can sponser a player to the degree that the club benefit by not having to pay his wages which must (should) be against some league rule or other, and no doubt they will have to play him so many times a season or whatever putting pressure on the manager to play someone dictated to by the club/sponsor

From Rooney's point of view, fair play to him as he left these shores too erly and maybe he has now realised that if he wants to get in to management (whether he can manage is another story) but he had to take the opportunity.

But to have the shirt number being the sponsor and it also being a gambling firm is totally wrong, but hey, the dollar dictates all yet again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019