Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand 08:10 - Aug 14 with 153 viewsspell_chekker

In light of everything that's happened since Brexit started and the up and coming general election in the UK, isn't it high time that politicians are answerable to someone for any promises they may break or even any lies they may tell.

It's getting too much now, isn't it?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 08:12 - Aug 14 with 149 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

They are completely unfit for the responsibilities they have, but the circumstances that have caused this are cultural, endemic and have been a long time in the making.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 08:16 - Aug 14 with 145 viewsspell_chekker

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 08:12 - Aug 14 by basilrobbiereborn

They are completely unfit for the responsibilities they have, but the circumstances that have caused this are cultural, endemic and have been a long time in the making.

Maybe some sort of independent regulation?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 08:24 - Aug 14 with 142 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 08:12 - Aug 14 by basilrobbiereborn

The bit that makes me laugh (or cry) has sort of been pointed out by Phillip Hammond Esq, MP today.

After claiming we were run by unelected bureaucrats from Brussels, and we were taking back control, it now seems unelected bureaucrats (Dominic Cummings) are trying to force through a No Deal Brexit.

Newspaper owners, journalists, media commentators, so called special advisers etc take a lot of the blame for me.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 08:27 - Aug 14 with 140 viewsspell_chekker

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 08:24 - Aug 14 by BringBackTheRedRoom

The bit that makes me laugh (or cry) has sort of been pointed out by Phillip Hammond Esq, MP today.

After claiming we were run by unelected bureaucrats from Brussels, and we were taking back control, it now seems unelected bureaucrats (Dominic Cummings) are trying to force through a No Deal Brexit.

Newspaper owners, journalists, media commentators, so called special advisers etc take a lot of the blame for me.

They never seem to be brought to book for the porkies they tell.

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 09:26 - Aug 14 with 129 viewsROTTWEILERS

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 08:27 - Aug 14 by spell_chekker

Never quite understood the 'unelected bureaucrats' line when we've got unelected and hereditary peers sitting in the Lords.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 09:35 - Aug 14 with 128 viewsspudgun

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 08:27 - Aug 14 by spell_chekker

Whether politicians are any worse or more duplicitous now than in the past is a big discussion; are promises being broken more now than in the past? Social media platforms have certainly contributed massively to making it many seem that way as many politicians are skewered by the continuous cataloguing of their own utterings. And Brexit has certainly brought issues sharply into focus for many that may have been apathetic or apolitical in the past, but are now awake to the absurdity of some of our politicians.

One thing that has become apparent to me, bearing in mind that for fifty odd years I had very little interest in politics and my first vote was the 2016 referendum - and then only because I was badgered into doing so - is that many MPs have possibly less grasp of details than many of the general public, yet it doesn`t stop them making definitive sounding proclamations regardless of facts or nuances.

Many fail to learn their brief in detail and fall back on sound bites and obfuscation. And the best at this is the current PM...
Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 09:57 - Aug 14 with 122 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 09:35 - Aug 14 by spudgun

Whether politicians are any worse or more duplicitous now than in the past is a big discussion; are promises being broken more now than in the past? Social media platforms have certainly contributed massively to making it many seem that way as many politicians are skewered by the continuous cataloguing of their own utterings. And Brexit has certainly brought issues sharply into focus for many that may have been apathetic or apolitical in the past, but are now awake to the absurdity of some of our politicians.

One thing that has become apparent to me, bearing in mind that for fifty odd years I had very little interest in politics and my first vote was the 2016 referendum - and then only because I was badgered into doing so - is that many MPs have possibly less grasp of details than many of the general public, yet it doesn`t stop them making definitive sounding proclamations regardless of facts or nuances.

Many fail to learn their brief in detail and fall back on sound bites and obfuscation. And the best at this is the current PM...

Here's another example of how politicians speak with forked tongue. New operator appointed for the west coast rail line. FirstGroup and Trenitalia will run it from December.

Government is keen not for the state to run railways. Trenitalia is the state owned rail company of Italy.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 18:18 - Aug 14 with 109 viewsROTTWEILERS

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 09:57 - Aug 14 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Here's another example of how politicians speak with forked tongue. New operator appointed for the west coast rail line. FirstGroup and Trenitalia will run it from December.

Government is keen not for the state to run railways. Trenitalia is the state owned rail company of Italy.

WTF is a People's PMQs ??

Login to get fewer ads

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 18:50 - Aug 14 with 100 viewsspell_chekker

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 18:18 - Aug 14 by ROTTWEILERS

WTF is a People's PMQs ??

Does that exist Rot?

It's about time some of the politicians have to face the consequences for the whoppers they tell. No?

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 19:02 - Aug 14 with 98 viewsROTTWEILERS

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 18:50 - Aug 14 by spell_chekker

Does that exist Rot?

It's about time some of the politicians have to face the consequences for the whoppers they tell. No?

I've stopped being overly annoyed by it all spell as even that annoyance is harvested and traded like a commodity.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 19:02]

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 19:15 - Aug 15 with 78 viewsLala

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 19:02 - Aug 14 by ROTTWEILERS

I've stopped being overly annoyed by it all spell as even that annoyance is harvested and traded like a commodity.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 19:02]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-49359664

The story and the flow chart at the bottom of the article outline clearly the magnitude of change that could occur shortly in our country, without the masses that are me and you even being consulted, never mind being pro-actively involved.

Yet we seem too politically lethargic to challenge such a public lack of control or influence.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 20:44 - Aug 15 with 69 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Are Politcians Getting Out of Hand on 19:15 - Aug 15 by Lala

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-49359664

The story and the flow chart at the bottom of the article outline clearly the magnitude of change that could occur shortly in our country, without the masses that are me and you even being consulted, never mind being pro-actively involved.

Yet we seem too politically lethargic to challenge such a public lack of control or influence.

You could argue that the reason we are where we are, is because "the people" were asked to vote 3 times between 2015 - 2017.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024