Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Horrible Liverpool fans 18:42 - Aug 17 with 8529 viewsSaintsforeverj

Once again pockets of trouble all around the ground because of taunting Liverpool idiots in the home end. Next to me and my family were 6 of them who cheered the first goal in our faces. They got so much stick that they didn't cheer the second. The usual in your face flairs.

Outside the coaches a young boy was receiving medical treatment due to being hit. They were all goading and taking the p. Even the fans getting on their coach from Dorset. Obvious problems again in Itchen North and other areas of the ground. Horrible fans and can't stand the club.
[Post edited 17 Aug 18:45]
Horrible Liverpool fans on 10:17 - Aug 20 with 858 viewsChesham_Saint

Horrible Liverpool fans on 21:30 - Aug 19 by SaintNick

You are quick here to list incidents, but some of them were erroneous to say the least the train incident seemed to involve a number of man city fans repeatably attacking a couple of alleged Liverpool fans on a tube with other passengers trying to calm them down, yet it is blamed on the Liverpool fans and on this threat Man City fans are praised for supposedly never being involved in incidents.

You bring up my sticking up for Liverpool fans, yes i initially did as the video seemed to be inconclusive, but when other footage came out I condemned it totally, what had wearing red to do with it, if i wore a blue top to a game it wouldnt make me a pompey fan lol.

Luckily enough none of our fane behaved like knobheads in Milan by climbing on the roof of a truck by the canal and rocking it back and forth or throwing all the empty bottles in the canal.

Over the years I have supported Saints we have had our fair share of events, anyone here care to remember what happened at the end of the Charity shield in 1976

Charity Shield? Well as far as I remember after Saints fans coined the Liverpool players as they left the pitch (they actually had to use the Charity Shield as a shield!), there was a huge punch up in the coach park. Of course, it almost goes without saying that the scallies started it.*

Mind you the Final the same year was just as bad.

*Ok, I made that bit up. There's no way of knowing who started the coach park fighting for sure, but then isn't it clear from this thread that we're inherently good and they're just naturally bad?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:03 - Aug 20 with 776 viewsSaintNick

Horrible Liverpool fans on 10:17 - Aug 20 by Chesham_Saint

Charity Shield? Well as far as I remember after Saints fans coined the Liverpool players as they left the pitch (they actually had to use the Charity Shield as a shield!), there was a huge punch up in the coach park. Of course, it almost goes without saying that the scallies started it.*

Mind you the Final the same year was just as bad.

*Ok, I made that bit up. There's no way of knowing who started the coach park fighting for sure, but then isn't it clear from this thread that we're inherently good and they're just naturally bad?

You are right, Liverpool players had to be shielded by the police and even use the charity shield itself to protect them as Saints fans rained down coins, bottles flagpoles and anything else they could get their hands on to throw at them as they tried to head back down the tunnel.

Now given the uproar that is now taking place amongst Saints fans for one random piece of wanton stupidity by a Liverpool fan it is surprising that the scousers back then didn't crucify every Saints fans they could find, burn down the twin towers and demand we be banned from Europe for 10 years

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:14 - Aug 20 with 766 viewsSaintsforeverj

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:03 - Aug 20 by SaintNick

You are right, Liverpool players had to be shielded by the police and even use the charity shield itself to protect them as Saints fans rained down coins, bottles flagpoles and anything else they could get their hands on to throw at them as they tried to head back down the tunnel.

Now given the uproar that is now taking place amongst Saints fans for one random piece of wanton stupidity by a Liverpool fan it is surprising that the scousers back then didn't crucify every Saints fans they could find, burn down the twin towers and demand we be banned from Europe for 10 years

Don't be so ridiculous Nick. You are going back over 40 years to try and prove that it is not just Liverpool fans that cause trouble. I think every club in England in the 80's had a hooligan problems. Thankfully, we have gone along way to stopping this at football nowadays. Apart from Liverpool. Stop sticking up for that horrible club. Nick, there must be a reason why you keep sticking up for that horrible club. I don't see you standing up for Portsmouth or other clubs. It doesn't make sense. You are a Saints fans right?
Liverpool illegally tapped up on of our players - you not annoyed by this?
Liverpool then took a lot of our best players using (more than any other club) using their power and influence - not annoyed by this?
With that in mind, they come down here and upset the fans you are supposed to be representing. A young child, a saints fan hit by a canister and gets hurt. Find me an example of a child being hurt at St Mary's in recent times??? YES it was Liverpool fans who did it. Let's not go back to 1934 to try and find an example to the contrary. I am talking about me and my family going to football now. Liverpool fans only, spoil our day. I have posted the clips of their extreme behaviour. A child has been hurt, they were horrid outside the coaches saturday. Stop being rediculous.
Seems to hit a raw nerve every time a Saints fan points out true facts about how horrible their fans are?
[Post edited 20 Aug 13:18]
Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:16 - Aug 20 with 764 viewsTimSaint

I find it amusing that everyone is referring to "current" examples over the last year or so, but Nick's example is from FORTY THREE years ago !! :-)

TimSaint

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:18 - Aug 20 with 753 viewsallsaint

Didn’t we miss out on Europe anyway as part of the English club ban?

Implemented after Heysel.

The meat’s the same, the gravy’s different

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:20 - Aug 20 with 750 viewsSaintNick

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:14 - Aug 20 by Saintsforeverj

Don't be so ridiculous Nick. You are going back over 40 years to try and prove that it is not just Liverpool fans that cause trouble. I think every club in England in the 80's had a hooligan problems. Thankfully, we have gone along way to stopping this at football nowadays. Apart from Liverpool. Stop sticking up for that horrible club. Nick, there must be a reason why you keep sticking up for that horrible club. I don't see you standing up for Portsmouth or other clubs. It doesn't make sense. You are a Saints fans right?
Liverpool illegally tapped up on of our players - you not annoyed by this?
Liverpool then took a lot of our best players using (more than any other club) using their power and influence - not annoyed by this?
With that in mind, they come down here and upset the fans you are supposed to be representing. A young child, a saints fan hit by a canister and gets hurt. Find me an example of a child being hurt at St Mary's in recent times??? YES it was Liverpool fans who did it. Let's not go back to 1934 to try and find an example to the contrary. I am talking about me and my family going to football now. Liverpool fans only, spoil our day. I have posted the clips of their extreme behaviour. A child has been hurt, they were horrid outside the coaches saturday. Stop being rediculous.
Seems to hit a raw nerve every time a Saints fan points out true facts about how horrible their fans are?
[Post edited 20 Aug 13:18]

I think I have proved that it is not just Liverpool fans that cause trouble, all I have sought to prove here is that Liverpool have been no better or worse than most other clubs, yet you dont want to see that. Im just sticking up for a balanced look at things.

The argument on this thread is not about Liverpool as a football club tapping up our players etc, it is about the fans, but you are trying to turn things in a different direction whenever I bring up some reasoned debate.

I dont represent any fans Saints liverpool or otherwise, I just give my own opinion

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:22 - Aug 20 with 741 viewsSaintsforeverj

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:16 - Aug 20 by TimSaint

I find it amusing that everyone is referring to "current" examples over the last year or so, but Nick's example is from FORTY THREE years ago !! :-)

Exactly, is that all Nick can find, an example from 40 years ago. Current Liverpool fans are horrible and he knows it. I can find 100 clips of Liverpool fans being horrible .......... in last two years. It can't be denied.
Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:24 - Aug 20 with 734 viewsSaintsforeverj

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:20 - Aug 20 by SaintNick

I think I have proved that it is not just Liverpool fans that cause trouble, all I have sought to prove here is that Liverpool have been no better or worse than most other clubs, yet you dont want to see that. Im just sticking up for a balanced look at things.

The argument on this thread is not about Liverpool as a football club tapping up our players etc, it is about the fans, but you are trying to turn things in a different direction whenever I bring up some reasoned debate.

I dont represent any fans Saints liverpool or otherwise, I just give my own opinion

Nick
A CHILD WAS HURT. From LIVERPOOL fans.

So balance that out by telling me the last time a child was hurt at St Mary's by visiting fans????

Coaches were pelted with objects at Anfield.

So balance that out and tell me the other clubs that do that so regularly????? I seeme to remember it happening at West Ham. You said Liverpool are no better or no worse than other clubs?? Pelting coaches with objects never occurs at Saints. So your statement is not true is it???? We are "other clubs" and we don't pelt coaches with objects, neither do other teams in the Champions League. The argument here is that your stamenets are untrue. Other clubs DO NOT do this!!!!
[Post edited 20 Aug 13:29]
Login to get fewer ads

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:29 - Aug 20 with 723 viewsSaintNick

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:22 - Aug 20 by Saintsforeverj

Exactly, is that all Nick can find, an example from 40 years ago. Current Liverpool fans are horrible and he knows it. I can find 100 clips of Liverpool fans being horrible .......... in last two years. It can't be denied.

On Saturday I spoke to plenty of people who went to the 1976 Charity Shield and are current Saints fans.

Perhaps we can have the 100 clips of Liverpool fans on a daily basis, one a day and perhaps with a different theme every day

Tomorrow - Liverpool fan being horrible to his Mum
Wednesday - Liverpool fan tipping some boiling water on an ants hill
Thursday - Liverpool fan being rude to an ice cream seller.
Friday - Liverpool fan looking at a man at the bus stop in a funny way

The series is endless and will be fun if we keep it lighthearted

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:33 - Aug 20 with 715 viewsSaintsforeverj

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:29 - Aug 20 by SaintNick

On Saturday I spoke to plenty of people who went to the 1976 Charity Shield and are current Saints fans.

Perhaps we can have the 100 clips of Liverpool fans on a daily basis, one a day and perhaps with a different theme every day

Tomorrow - Liverpool fan being horrible to his Mum
Wednesday - Liverpool fan tipping some boiling water on an ants hill
Thursday - Liverpool fan being rude to an ice cream seller.
Friday - Liverpool fan looking at a man at the bus stop in a funny way

The series is endless and will be fun if we keep it lighthearted

"Liverpool have been no better or worse than most other clubs"

Liverpool fans have on a number of occassions within the last 2 years pelted coaches with objects.

Prove to me that Man city, Chelsea, whatever did this too.
Give me examples of Saints fans within the last 2 years throwing objects, pelting coaches with objects, whatever and balance the argument then???
[Post edited 20 Aug 13:38]
Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:45 - Aug 20 with 700 views1teeminants

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:16 - Aug 20 by TimSaint

I think Nick maybe looking for hits on this site. Just a thought .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:52 - Aug 20 with 688 viewskingolaf

Seriously Nick, f*ck right off.

I’ve got a few Everton supporting mates (you know them too), and they can’t stand those ‘murdering red b*stards’.

All you do is defend them. I’m sure if Adolph Hitler was a scouser you’d say the holocaust didn’t happen.

You’re totally myopic when it comes to Liverpool FC. They are vermin and their club has no class.
Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:53 - Aug 20 with 687 viewsSaintNick

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:33 - Aug 20 by Saintsforeverj

"Liverpool have been no better or worse than most other clubs"

Liverpool fans have on a number of occassions within the last 2 years pelted coaches with objects.

Prove to me that Man city, Chelsea, whatever did this too.
Give me examples of Saints fans within the last 2 years throwing objects, pelting coaches with objects, whatever and balance the argument then???
[Post edited 20 Aug 13:38]

You are getting a bit obsessed now, the number of occasions was actually one single incident, I don't care whether Chelsea or Man City fans have pelted coaches or thrown objects, truth is you can google missile throwing and find that just about every club has had a fan convicted, even Bournemouth.

Horrible Liverpool fans on 14:09 - Aug 20 with 667 viewsitoldyouso

Targeting children though...really classy, of course when Liverpool do it its bantz> I was arguing with a scouser who i had thought was alright today but went right off on one, I did point out there are more than 1 clubs in Liverpool and the problem seems to be with the red side...after being accused of being anti scouser blah blah blah

They really do have a sense of entitlement dont they, and how many are actually scousers?

Loves saints hates the fascist FLA

Horrible Liverpool fans on 14:21 - Aug 20 with 652 viewsSaintsforeverj

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:53 - Aug 20 by SaintNick

You are getting a bit obsessed now, the number of occasions was actually one single incident, I don't care whether Chelsea or Man City fans have pelted coaches or thrown objects, truth is you can google missile throwing and find that just about every club has had a fan convicted, even Bournemouth.

Ok, well I can see that you are stubborn and unsupportive of your own team and fans. You are talking rubbish and sticking up for a horrible club with fans who hurt children and women. Despite the fact that they have not done any favours to SFC. That is your choice to continue with that stance, supporting their fans and not seeing the view of Saints fans who have to put up with their behaviour in the boxes, in the stands, outside the coaches. Go and support that evil club if you enjoy being so supportive of their horrible fans. Good for you.

Horrible Liverpool fans on 14:46 - Aug 20 with 634 viewsChesham_Saint

This seems toll be getting way too sanctimonious.

I understand Nick being defensive of scousers as he has family from there and he's getting pelters for standing up for them.

On balance I think many fans agree that by today's standards there are a massive amount of cvnts in the Liverpool fan base and as a club generally they give off a huge whiff of both self pity and self righteousness. All this to the point where amongst English fans at least, Liverpool have displaced Man U as the team people dislike.

Also as a dyed in the wool southerner, I find it hard to have the piss taken by reedy voiced phlegm spuming northern tvvats.

That said there are quite a few other clubs whose fans are often out of order. Take West Ham. They really gave the Man U coach a good going over on its last trip to Upton Park and had numerous brawls with other teams since the moved to the London Stadium.

Other teams with cvntish fans who I would be very cautious of taking my kids near include Cardiff, Wolves Leeds and Millwall. In short, Liverpool fans are not unique, they just doubly irritate because of the whole package that comes with them.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Horrible Liverpool fans on 14:55 - Aug 20 with 622 viewsSaintNick

Horrible Liverpool fans on 14:46 - Aug 20 by Chesham_Saint

This seems toll be getting way too sanctimonious.

I understand Nick being defensive of scousers as he has family from there and he's getting pelters for standing up for them.

On balance I think many fans agree that by today's standards there are a massive amount of cvnts in the Liverpool fan base and as a club generally they give off a huge whiff of both self pity and self righteousness. All this to the point where amongst English fans at least, Liverpool have displaced Man U as the team people dislike.

Also as a dyed in the wool southerner, I find it hard to have the piss taken by reedy voiced phlegm spuming northern tvvats.

That said there are quite a few other clubs whose fans are often out of order. Take West Ham. They really gave the Man U coach a good going over on its last trip to Upton Park and had numerous brawls with other teams since the moved to the London Stadium.

Other teams with cvntish fans who I would be very cautious of taking my kids near include Cardiff, Wolves Leeds and Millwall. In short, Liverpool fans are not unique, they just doubly irritate because of the whole package that comes with them.

Thank you for a balanced and reasoned resume of my stance.

At no time have i stuck up for any fan Liverpool or otherwise that has misbehaved, all I have said is that bad behaviour is not exclusive to them.

Liverpool's fanbase has grown a lot recently and in any fanbase there is a percentage of idiots (for want of a better word) so the bigger a teams fanbase the bigger its number of idiots

Horrible Liverpool fans on 15:04 - Aug 20 with 611 viewsBlue

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:10 - Aug 19 by SaintNick

I havent stuck up for those causing trouble, I have been quite clear on this thread that I am not defending any Liverpool fan who celebrated in the home ends or any of them who threw stuff etc. I have said on many occasions that they or indeed any away fans should keep quiet in the home areas that is the unwritten rule.

Plenty of away fans have got in the home sections other than Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea & Spurs are most prominent, Arsenan & City less so.

The reason that huddersfield fans and the rest of the League (including ourselves when we go away) dont do it is because they don't need to. Huddersfield in their two visits had a reduced allocation and even that was not sold out, if you follow them you wont have a problem getting a ticket and that goes for the majority of the clubs that come to SMS, Liverpool fans in our section were there because they couldnt get a ticket from their own club and had to sit in the home section through necessity.

I think you are getting a little carried away here, I cant tell you whether we booed the national anthem in a cup final or not.

With regard to the Champions League coach attack, this happened once when a bottle was thrown at the Man City coach, not hundreds of bottles but one maybe a couple more,

If you look on social media and you tube etc you will know that Liverpool fans have turned out before Champions League games on the streets to welcome their own team in a big display of support, did we do it when we where in Europe ? No we didn't but I truly wish we did, I dont care who which club does it it is a spectacular way of showing support for your team, one small incident is being blown out of proportion.

You say Liverpool fans always throw flares, I didnt see one thrown on Saturday, one was held aloft but not thrown, a big difference and we have had incidences of flares in our support over the past few years as well.

Im not sticking up for Liverpool fans who used anti social behaviour one bit here, but I am saying lets us be accurate in what we are saying otherwise it will just be seen as making things up

On Saturday I didn't think see many Liverpool fans in home sections, the only notable incident was the one in the Itchen corner, of all the people I spoke to who were at the game not one of them said they had a problem with Liverpool fans in the ground.

I take it you either used the clubs own text line to report the Liverpool fans next to you or contacted the stewards to have them thrown out.

The allegations about women and children being attacked outside the ground seems to have little substance, in these days of mobile phones with cameras any incident in anything is usually videoed, but there is a distinct lack of video evidence of violent Liverpool fans at the moment.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction of some so the truth is known.

In trying to be a little unbiased here and asking a few questions im sure I will be accused of sticking up for Liverpool fans, im not

"With regard to the Champions League coach attack, this happened once when a bottle was thrown at the Man City coach, not hundreds of bottles but one maybe a couple more"

Losing respoect for you Nick. That statement is complete and utter b0ll0cks and you know it. City's coach was hit by hundreds of missiles, there is footage taken from the minibus carrying the players kit/equipment etc. and in that the guy in front comments 'Worst city in the world', as multiple objects are hitting even that vehicle.

Defend them as much as you want, but at least stop with your fkn lies.

Still stood in the Kippax

Horrible Liverpool fans on 15:08 - Aug 20 with 607 viewsBlue

Horrible Liverpool fans on 15:19 - Aug 19 by Saintsforeverj

another one

This is the one I was referring to in my last reply.

Horrible Liverpool fans on 15:10 - Aug 20 with 603 viewsSaintsforeverj

Horrible Liverpool fans on 15:04 - Aug 20 by Blue

"With regard to the Champions League coach attack, this happened once when a bottle was thrown at the Man City coach, not hundreds of bottles but one maybe a couple more"

Losing respoect for you Nick. That statement is complete and utter b0ll0cks and you know it. City's coach was hit by hundreds of missiles, there is footage taken from the minibus carrying the players kit/equipment etc. and in that the guy in front comments 'Worst city in the world', as multiple objects are hitting even that vehicle.

Defend them as much as you want, but at least stop with your fkn lies.

This.
And please post clips of other fans doing this. I have mentioned West ham. Well, they are almost as bad. Liverpool are one of a few clubs with violent fans who are in your face idiots, yes a long with a select few other clubs. Not all of them but Liverpool have more than most. Prove otherwise Nick. Show me the clips of Saints fans pelting coaches or Manchester City fans or Bournemouth fans - Post the clips the balance the argument. Prove it and I will come on here and say oh yes look Bournemouth fans do it too.
Show me the last time away fans hurt a kid at St Mary's. Prove it and again, I will come on here and say oh yeah Spurs fans do it too.
[Post edited 20 Aug 15:13]
Horrible Liverpool fans on 15:10 - Aug 20 with 602 viewsBlue

Horrible Liverpool fans on 16:06 - Aug 19 by SaintNick

You are right there are more than one missile, I counted about 5, mainly plastic drinks bottles by the look of it, but that doesn't make it right and I would not want us to welcome a team bus by throwing things at it.

However they were not waiting for the manchester city bus, they were waiting for the liverpool team bus and yes I would like to see our supporters show the passion they showed to welcome that to the ground, the only time i have seen it here was when saints did their open top bus tour of the city in 1976.

Im not sure what the last clip is, it isnt the Newcastle supporters club because it has waitress service and table numbers so it is corporate hospitality somewhere there is nothing on the walls to give a clue where it is, but no one seems bothered in the clip, women and kids are clapping along, so not sure what your point is on this one

They were waiting for BOTH buses.

Flyers had been handed out for TWO WEEKS prior to the game, urging everybody to get there to welcome the City bus first.

Don't know much about this, do you Nick?

Horrible Liverpool fans on 16:11 - Aug 20 with 553 viewsSaintNick

Horrible Liverpool fans on 15:10 - Aug 20 by Blue

They were waiting for BOTH buses.

Flyers had been handed out for TWO WEEKS prior to the game, urging everybody to get there to welcome the City bus first.

Don't know much about this, do you Nick?

Do you know I dont really care, no one was hurt on the coach, i put it in perspective, a few idiots throw a few things at the coach, for the so called hundreds of missiles thrown at it there was little damage done

You are right I dont know much about it and for good reason and i certainly dont spend my time on other teams websites running down other teams either, I have better things to do.

In my years of following football I have seen plenty of violence, I dont condone it but I dont adopt a holier than thou attitude about it either, Saints have had their fair share of hooligans over the years, so have Manchester city and most other clubs

Horrible Liverpool fans on 16:21 - Aug 20 with 547 viewsSaintsforeverj

Horrible Liverpool fans on 16:11 - Aug 20 by SaintNick

Do you know I dont really care, no one was hurt on the coach, i put it in perspective, a few idiots throw a few things at the coach, for the so called hundreds of missiles thrown at it there was little damage done

You are right I dont know much about it and for good reason and i certainly dont spend my time on other teams websites running down other teams either, I have better things to do.

In my years of following football I have seen plenty of violence, I dont condone it but I dont adopt a holier than thou attitude about it either, Saints have had their fair share of hooligans over the years, so have Manchester city and most other clubs

But a child WAS hurt Saturday from the same fans who were throwing the missiles at the coach. Nobody is saying that other clubs don't have their violent fans too, just that Liverpool are one of the worst culprits. Denying this Nick and equating Liverpool to Saints, Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield, Norwich is utter lies. Liverpool have far more trouble at games then any of the the clubs mentioned. Norwich fans, for example sake, will come to St Mary's and I bet they don't throw canisters, get in the home end and hurt a child. I would put my house on it.

And for that matter, I don't remember, any trouble, when we played Chelsea, West Ham, Manchester United, Man City or Spurs last year either and they are clubs who I would also say have a selection of horrible fans. What does that make Liverpool, whose fans did get in the home end and did throw a canister??
[Post edited 20 Aug 16:28]

Horrible Liverpool fans on 17:03 - Aug 20 with 507 viewsSaintsforeverj

Liverpool fans hurting children again

Horrible Liverpool fans on 17:05 - Aug 20 with 504 viewsSaintsforeverj

5 years ago at St Mary's. Some things never change. Always trouble when we play them.
[Post edited 20 Aug 17:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019