Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suspensions for fans 22:13 - Aug 19 with 878 viewsPatfromPoole

What was this I saw on SaintsWeb over the weekend about suspensions for fans if they commit certain offences?

Was that genuine or a complete wind-up?

Suspensions for fans on 22:17 - Aug 19 with 865 viewsthis_charming_man

Genuine. It’s the new fans charter to go along with the reporting hotline

Anything from ejection to 6 match ban

The list of crimes and punshiment is at the bottom of this article

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-08-16/st-marys-stadium-southampton-suppo

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: What should areasix do with his crystal ball?

Suspensions for fans on 22:18 - Aug 19 with 862 viewsSaintsforeverj

It is true. There is a system in place and planned consequences for certain actions. It is on the saints website somewhere.

Suspensions for fans on 22:33 - Aug 19 with 831 viewsPatfromPoole

Ah yes. There you are.

“Being drunk inside the stadium” is a bit subjective, yes? I could be in a spot of bother there....

Suspensions for fans on 22:40 - Aug 19 with 823 viewsPatfromPoole

Do any other clubs have this sort of tosh?
Suspensions for fans on 22:51 - Aug 19 with 817 viewskingslandstand1

Suspensions for fans on 22:17 - Aug 19 by this_charming_man

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-08-16/st-marys-stadium-southampton-suppo

"Foul and abusive language" - best wait for the posty to start putting a few envelopes through the door!!
[Post edited 19 Aug 22:52]

Suspensions for fans on 22:58 - Aug 19 with 804 viewsPatfromPoole

So what’s the situation if you go to the super duper FANZONE before the game and drink 8 pints of Kingfisher? Thereby making you quite well-refreshed for the game.

Surely a bit of contributory negligence on the part of the club? A 3-match ban would be a bit harsh there.
Suspensions for fans on 23:04 - Aug 19 with 793 viewsSaintNick

Suspensions for fans on 22:40 - Aug 19 by PatfromPoole

Do any other clubs have this sort of tosh?

All clubs have these regulations, most just choose to keep the consequences quiet.

In fairness the penalties seem very lenient, fighting and physical assault for instance is a mere 3 match ban, these are the suggested minimums but it is setting down the penalties, the football ombudsman website is full of complaints from fans who have been banned indefinitely for fairly minor offences

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Suspensions for fans on 23:05 - Aug 19 with 793 viewskingslandstand1

Suspensions for fans on 22:17 - Aug 19 by this_charming_man

"We would also like to remind supporters that the club does allow visitors/fans of opposing teams to sit within our hospitality areas (including executive boxes), and that this is common practice and permitted across the Premier League. However, all guests are expected to be considerate and respectful, and any behaviour deemed inappropriate should still be reported using the text reporting number and not challenged in person."

Isn't that what several on here were moaning that the Scousers were doing on Saturday?
Login to get fewer ads

Suspensions for fans on 01:47 - Aug 20 with 730 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Suspensions for fans on 22:33 - Aug 19 by PatfromPoole

Ah yes. There you are.

“Being drunk inside the stadium” is a bit subjective, yes? I could be in a spot of bother there....

Bloody hell you've gotta be pissed to put up with our defenders being " caught in possession " resulting in giving away goals AGAIN like on Sat, which has been a demise our ours for the past 3 years now - also seeing our forwards hit the terraces when presented with an "open goal"
[Post edited 20 Aug 1:49]

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Suspensions for fans on 19:13 - Aug 20 with 479 viewsthis_charming_man

Suspensions for fans on 23:04 - Aug 19 by SaintNick

All clubs have these regulations, most just choose to keep the consequences quiet.

In fairness the penalties seem very lenient, fighting and physical assault for instance is a mere 3 match ban, these are the suggested minimums but it is setting down the penalties, the football ombudsman website is full of complaints from fans who have been banned indefinitely for fairly minor offences

that's in addition to any action the police may take though, If anyone is fighting inside the ground they'll get a prison sentence, a 3 match ban from the club will be the least of their worries.

Obviously things like racism shouldn’t go ignored, but that's not really an issue at st Marys. It's the bans for swearing and drinking that are the issue. You'll have Judy and Seb tapping away at their phones if anyone appears to have one too many, or shouts f*ck off too loudly. Having seem a mate of mine reported for shouting "break his legs" we have some fans only too happy to report their own for minor things.
[Post edited 20 Aug 20:57]

Suspensions for fans on 19:29 - Aug 20 with 466 viewsOccasional_Showers

I dont think I could cope with a 6 match ban.
Suspensions for fans on 22:53 - Aug 20 with 379 viewsSaintNick

Suspensions for fans on 19:13 - Aug 20 by this_charming_man

that's in addition to any action the police may take though, If anyone is fighting inside the ground they'll get a prison sentence, a 3 match ban from the club will be the least of their worries.

Obviously things like racism shouldn’t go ignored, but that's not really an issue at st Marys. It's the bans for swearing and drinking that are the issue. You'll have Judy and Seb tapping away at their phones if anyone appears to have one too many, or shouts f*ck off too loudly. Having seem a mate of mine reported for shouting "break his legs" we have some fans only too happy to report their own for minor things.

You are right, thats why the charter is not really worth the paper its written on.

Lets hope some sanity prevails with a few serial moaners about claiming people have sworn or shown too much passion

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Suspensions for fans on 23:02 - Aug 20 with 366 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Suspensions for fans on 19:13 - Aug 20 by this_charming_man

Really, who was that?? (re: break his legs)

That's a favourite of mine to shout, for no reason other than it's a release and I want to shout.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Suspensions for fans on 23:12 - Aug 20 with 348 viewsMytchettSaint

Suspensions for fans on 23:02 - Aug 20 by Gennaro_Contaldo

That's a favourite of mine to shout, for no reason other than it's a release and I want to shout.

I shouted that at the dell once about Gary Neville, he heard it and looked straight at me. He never grassed me up though... no snitches charter back then.

I'm not ageing well if I'm honest.

Suspensions for fans on 23:18 - Aug 20 with 330 viewsthis_charming_man

Suspensions for fans on 23:02 - Aug 20 by Gennaro_Contaldo

You have a PM.

Suspensions for fans on 23:26 - Aug 20 with 325 viewshedgeend61

Our brother got thrown of the Dell out for throwing a snowball which hit Mark Hughes after about 10 minutes.

The moral to this story is, if you're intending to do this, do it in the last few minutes of the match as the punishment of ejection seems quite lenient really.
Especially if it was an a hand grenade
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019