Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Victorious Festival 09:11 - Aug 22 with 1436 viewsPatfromPoole

Morning.

Any other Uglies going this weekend?

Victorious Festival on 11:56 - Aug 22 with 1132 viewsTripleNiemi

Sadly not going this year which is a first in a while. Being honest I was not overly fussed on the line up although i still want to catch 'Doves' in action as never seen them live so am gutted not seeing them. Who you looking forward to Pat?

Just procured tickets for The Professionals at the Anvil, Bournemouth in October. Less than £20 per ticket and a small venue. Should be good (especially if they throw in a few Sex Pistols tunes)

Victorious Festival on 11:56 - Aug 22 with 1130 viewsSaintNick

I refuse to give my money to their economy so it is a conscientious thing

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Victorious Festival on 12:01 - Aug 22 with 1122 viewsChopChop

The other half has just seen cheap Sunday tickets on her mongbook so will probably go for New Order.

I'd ruin her... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Poll: Does Hatchback enjoy having a barney on here?

Victorious Festival on 12:04 - Aug 22 with 1115 viewsitoldyouso

I am going, get complementary through work one day so the wife is seeing the specials, daughter wants to see Lewis Capaldi the next day oh joy

Loves saints hates the fascist FLA

Victorious Festival on 12:09 - Aug 22 with 1110 viewsPatfromPoole

Victorious Festival on 12:04 - Aug 22 by itoldyouso

I am going, get complementary through work one day so the wife is seeing the specials, daughter wants to see Lewis Capaldi the next day oh joy

Lewis Capaldi will be the most-watched act of the weekend. He is obscenely popular at the moment. Was a bit nuts on the organisers’ part to put him on the smaller Castle Stage. Can see that being a big crush.
Victorious Festival on 12:16 - Aug 22 with 1101 viewsPatfromPoole

Victorious Festival on 11:56 - Aug 22 by TripleNiemi

Sadly not going this year which is a first in a while. Being honest I was not overly fussed on the line up although i still want to catch 'Doves' in action as never seen them live so am gutted not seeing them. Who you looking forward to Pat?

Just procured tickets for The Professionals at the Anvil, Bournemouth in October. Less than £20 per ticket and a small venue. Should be good (especially if they throw in a few Sex Pistols tunes)

Spoke to a guy at Camp Bestival who really liked The Professionals.

I have seen The Subways in The Anvil. Cosy little venue. Gigs are in downstairs bar, a bit like Lennon’s on Onslow Road in Southampton (where I have also seen The Subways; cue a joke from Nick about them being better playing underground....).
Victorious Festival on 12:18 - Aug 22 with 1099 viewsPatfromPoole

Victorious Festival on 11:56 - Aug 22 by TripleNiemi

Sorry sir, to answer your other point....

I am also disappointed with the line-up, but am particularly looking forward to seeing The Hives, and also quite happy to see The Specials, Doves, Razorlight, Tim Burgess and Ash.
Victorious Festival on 16:22 - Aug 22 with 1020 viewsVagina_Dentata

Victorious Festival on 12:16 - Aug 22 by PatfromPoole

Spoke to a guy at Camp Bestival who really liked The Professionals.

I have seen The Subways in The Anvil. Cosy little venue. Gigs are in downstairs bar, a bit like Lennon’s on Onslow Road in Southampton (where I have also seen The Subways; cue a joke from Nick about them being better playing underground....).

I spent about 6 years continuously in Lennons. Loved that place. Gutted when it closed down.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Login to get fewer ads

Victorious Festival on 17:06 - Aug 22 with 1000 viewsNumber_58

Victorious Festival on 16:22 - Aug 22 by Vagina_Dentata

I spent about 6 years continuously in Lennons. Loved that place. Gutted when it closed down.

After 6 years couldn't you claim squatters' rights?

Victorious Festival on 01:26 - Aug 25 with 790 viewsitoldyouso

The Hives were excellent, Specials really good too....terry hall looks a bit ill though

Victorious Festival on 09:36 - Aug 25 with 679 viewsPatfromPoole

Victorious Festival on 01:26 - Aug 25 by itoldyouso

The Hives were excellent, Specials really good too....terry hall looks a bit ill though

The Hives were bloody ace.

How come The Specials didn’t play “Ghost Town”?

Thought they were in the perfect place to play it.....
[Post edited 25 Aug 9:37]

Victorious Festival on 11:46 - Aug 25 with 621 viewsitoldyouso

Well they did play do the dog.....really pleased I saw the Hive, not quite the cramps but pretty damn near , heard people complaining about Lewis Capaldis language, thats the last thing about him I'd complain about, its pop music if you are worried about what the kiddies are going to hear dont bring them

Victorious Festival on 11:50 - Aug 25 with 613 viewsOccasional_Showers

No, im currently on my luxury holiday enjoying a few chilled coronas in the sun.

Victorious Festival on 12:15 - Aug 25 with 603 viewsTripleNiemi

Gents - what were Doves like (assuming you caught them) ?
Victorious Festival on 13:12 - Aug 25 with 563 viewsPatfromPoole

Victorious Festival on 12:15 - Aug 25 by TripleNiemi

I saw Doves and they were very good indeed. Big crowd for them on Friday.
[Post edited 25 Aug 13:13]
Victorious Festival on 00:03 - Aug 27 with 392 viewsTimSaint

Victorious Festival on 12:09 - Aug 22 by PatfromPoole

Lewis Capaldi will be the most-watched act of the weekend. He is obscenely popular at the moment. Was a bit nuts on the organisers’ part to put him on the smaller Castle Stage. Can see that being a big crush.

What was he like - assuming your saw him Pat ?

Last month I was at a festival in the Czech Republic where he performing. He did a few popular songs, but didn't have enough material to fill his hour slot. He therefore came on late, left early, got the audience to sing Happy Birthday to the drummer, exercised by jogging round the stage and wasted more time talking utter bollox to an audience that couldn't understand his accent and constant swearing. Quite good voice, but a bit of a cvnt !!

TimSaint

Victorious Festival on 00:17 - Aug 27 with 387 viewsthis_charming_man

I see a few people slated new order, but on further questioning it turned out it was because they only knew one of their songs

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: What should areasix do with his crystal ball?

Victorious Festival on 06:19 - Aug 27 with 366 viewsChopChop

Victorious Festival on 00:17 - Aug 27 by this_charming_man

I see a few people slated new order, but on further questioning it turned out it was because they only knew one of their songs

They also did Atmosphere as an encore.
Superb set list but I am a fan tbf.

I'd ruin her... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Poll: Does Hatchback enjoy having a barney on here?

Victorious Festival on 10:55 - Aug 27 with 304 viewsSaintNick

Victorious Festival on 12:15 - Aug 25 by TripleNiemi

I saw them when they were supported by Wings

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Victorious Festival on 11:19 - Aug 27 with 293 viewsTimSaint

Victorious Festival on 06:19 - Aug 27 by ChopChop

They also did Atmosphere as an encore.
Superb set list but I am a fan tbf.

I 'regret: not going

TimSaint

Victorious Festival on 12:49 - Aug 27 with 286 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Victorious Festival on 09:36 - Aug 25 by PatfromPoole

The Hives were bloody ace.

How come The Specials didn’t play “Ghost Town”?

Thought they were in the perfect place to play it.....
[Post edited 25 Aug 9:37]

I am trying to think of any events in Soton that might prevent a national league match being played?

I can't think of many big events in Soton. Is the boat show still going?

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Victorious Festival on 13:02 - Aug 27 with 274 viewsNumber_58

Victorious Festival on 12:49 - Aug 27 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I am trying to think of any events in Soton that might prevent a national league match being played?

Ah, I wondered why you lot didn't play at the weekend. It's a bit tinpot, if you ask me. Did nobody tell the local council that you haven't had a big crowd since the 1950s?
Victorious Festival on 13:11 - Aug 27 with 268 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Victorious Festival on 13:02 - Aug 27 by Number_58

Ah, I wondered why you lot didn't play at the weekend. It's a bit tinpot, if you ask me. Did nobody tell the local council that you haven't had a big crowd since the 1950s?

We had some big crowds in the seventies, and of course the 84 game which was the last sizeable crowd on the south coast. A game where our rivals actually beat us at home.

Rumour has it that the crowd was quite a bit bigger than stated due to tax purposes, but of course we haven't got any proof of it.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Victorious Festival on 13:27 - Aug 27 with 260 viewsericofarabia

Victorious Festival on 12:49 - Aug 27 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The Boat Show is on next month, expecting to beat last years 110,000 visitors. Instead of cancelling any football matches that week, we are Hosting an England Interntional Match instead!!
The Cruise Terminals handle about 1.7 million passengers a year, and the Airport nearly 2 million passengers a year. How is your airport and cruise trade going?
Southampton FC play host to about 540,000 people each year, plus about 60000 more for a few one off gigs there each year.

We get by somehow.
Victorious Festival on 13:31 - Aug 27 with 256 viewsNumber_58

Victorious Festival on 13:11 - Aug 27 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

We had some big crowds in the seventies, and of course the 84 game which was the last sizeable crowd on the south coast. A game where our rivals actually beat us at home.

Rumour has it that the crowd was quite a bit bigger than stated due to tax purposes, but of course we haven't got any proof of it.

Yes, and another rumour has it that your next home fixture is in doubt as it clashes with a dominoes match at the George & Dragon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019