Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GCSE results 13:26 - Aug 22 with 559 viewsWinchesterExile

When did GCSE results day become a thing? It never used to be. You got your results and went about your business like any other day. Now it’s on the news with pictures of anxious geeks in a huddle and hovering psychotic mothers barely able to breath until Melissa/Charlie/Abigail get their 9 A* results.

F-uck me no wonder we’re breeding a bunch of snowflakes who couldn’t change a light bulb. Future mongy Saints fans no doubt.

GCSE results on 13:36 - Aug 22 with 550 viewsBazza

Couldn't agree more. Ridiculous that the pass marks are so low so virtually no snowflakes get traumatised by experiencing failure.
Also TV reports always go on about the results being a fraction of a % higher or lower than last year, all nonsense when the grade boundaries are reset each year by the exam boards and therefore do not necessarily reflect improvements in learning or teaching methods.

GCSE results on 15:31 - Aug 22 with 489 viewssolent_toffee

Same with prom. Throwing bouquets at your kids, spending a fortune on their suit/dress/limousine/helicopter etc and then throwing it all on social media because they have stayed in school until they are 16.

It’s not aphucking achievement, it’s the bloody law.
GCSE results on 19:20 - Aug 22 with 422 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

GCSE results on 15:31 - Aug 22 by solent_toffee

Same with prom. Throwing bouquets at your kids, spending a fortune on their suit/dress/limousine/helicopter etc and then throwing it all on social media because they have stayed in school until they are 16.

It’s not aphucking achievement, it’s the bloody law.

The whole prom charade annoys me more than anything else - utterly tedious!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

GCSE results on 22:33 - Aug 22 with 369 viewsHeisenberg

GCSE results on 19:20 - Aug 22 by Gennaro_Contaldo

The whole prom charade annoys me more than anything else - utterly tedious!

Maybe give it a miss next year ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

GCSE results on 22:56 - Aug 22 with 360 viewsbloke

Doesn't the fact you wet your knickers over GCSE results make you a snowflake too?

GCSE results on 08:28 - Aug 23 with 286 viewsOccasional_Showers

Will they have made them easy enough for another record breaking year?
GCSE results on 08:51 - Aug 23 with 279 viewsWinchesterExile

GCSE results on 22:56 - Aug 22 by bloke

Doesn't the fact you wet your knickers over GCSE results make you a snowflake too?

No. It makes me an insightful commentator on social trends.

GCSE results on 09:15 - Aug 23 with 266 viewsUlsterBaz

My lad got his yesterday. He did alright (just as expected really) then I took him to 7Bone for a burger. Seemed a nice way to draw a line under it. It’s all the gushing Facebook posts that do my nut in. I’m soooooo proud bla bla fecking bla. Cringeworthy.
Login to get fewer ads

GCSE results on 10:39 - Aug 23 with 247 viewsericofarabia

GCSE results on 09:15 - Aug 23 by UlsterBaz

My lad got his yesterday. He did alright (just as expected really) then I took him to 7Bone for a burger. Seemed a nice way to draw a line under it. It’s all the gushing Facebook posts that do my nut in. I’m soooooo proud bla bla fecking bla. Cringeworthy.

A Cheeky Nando's for The A Levels ?
GCSE results on 16:55 - Aug 23 with 181 viewsUlsterBaz

GCSE results on 10:39 - Aug 23 by ericofarabia

A Cheeky Nando's for The A Levels ?

Haha, we’ll see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019