Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The state of Southampton 06:46 - Sep 11 with 1141 viewsOccasional_Showers

The Hoglands- turned into Tesco (or is it a Costa), The Royal Oak knocked down and turned into flats, The plume of feathers now a Buddhist temple, the King Alfred shut, in the Angel asked for a pint of best only to asked “er what’s that”, tramps covering all nations everywhere, being asked if I want to buy aftershave from a carrier bag next to bargate, graffiti all over the parks buildings, st Marys Street looking even shitter than it did 20 years ago.

The state of Southampton on 07:23 - Sep 11 with 1101 viewssaint22

Brexit and boris will make it so much better

The state of Southampton on 07:39 - Sep 11 with 1090 viewsChesham_Saint

22: rapidly turning into the king of the non sequitur...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

The state of Southampton on 08:07 - Sep 11 with 1059 viewssaint22

The state of Southampton on 07:39 - Sep 11 by Chesham_Saint

22: rapidly turning into the king of the non sequitur...

You might have to break that down for this forum

The state of Southampton on 08:12 - Sep 11 with 1051 viewssaintwizzler

It’s not just Southampton pal. Every town and city tbf

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.

The state of Southampton on 08:18 - Sep 11 with 1041 viewsRon11

The state of Southampton on 07:23 - Sep 11 by saint22

Brexit and boris will make it so much better

Whereas Blair and Labour caused it.
The state of Southampton on 12:27 - Sep 11 with 916 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The state of Southampton on 08:12 - Sep 11 by saintwizzler

It’s not just Southampton pal. Every town and city tbf

Very true. "Drinkers" pubs are no longer really a thing. The demographic who would use them has changed. You no longer have people living and working locally who go and get p*ssed up after work, people work further away and those that live around those sort of traditional pub areas aren't necessarily massive pub go-ers.

Plus, it's f**king expensive!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

The state of Southampton on 12:46 - Sep 11 with 894 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

The state of Southampton on 12:27 - Sep 11 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Very true. "Drinkers" pubs are no longer really a thing. The demographic who would use them has changed. You no longer have people living and working locally who go and get p*ssed up after work, people work further away and those that live around those sort of traditional pub areas aren't necessarily massive pub go-ers.

The taxes have hit the pubs hard. The government prefer to see people buying beer from the supermarket and staying in and watching the TV.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

The state of Southampton on 16:40 - Sep 11 with 829 viewsOccasional_Showers

We went into the Kingsland Tavern and I’m going to struggle to put into words quite how horrific that was. The “locals” sat at the bar made me feel physically sick.
Login to get fewer ads

The state of Southampton on 16:45 - Sep 11 with 819 viewsNumber_58

The state of Southampton on 16:40 - Sep 11 by Occasional_Showers

We went into the Kingsland Tavern and I’m going to struggle to put into words quite how horrific that was. The “locals” sat at the bar made me feel physically sick.

You sure you hadn't wandered in to the Plume of Feather opposite by mistake?
The state of Southampton on 10:08 - Sep 12 with 652 viewsDorsetIan

The state of Southampton on 16:40 - Sep 11 by Occasional_Showers

Oh you poor thing.

I've said it before, a snowflake like you would be so much happier staying indoors. In the almost words of Don MacLean, this world was never meant for one as sensitive as you.

Also I think a name change is in order. All this is 'oh what an immoral, disgusting world' stuff is SO Ignatius J Reilly. So goodbye Katie, hello Ignatius.
The state of Southampton on 17:08 - Sep 12 with 575 viewskingslandstand1

The state of Southampton on 12:46 - Sep 11 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The taxes have hit the pubs hard. The government prefer to see people buying beer from the supermarket and staying in and watching the TV.

Also you can't have more than 1.5 pints and be able to drive home ......................

Not that I'm condoning drinking and driving
The state of Southampton on 17:12 - Sep 12 with 571 viewskernow

The state of Southampton on 17:08 - Sep 12 by kingslandstand1

Also you can't have more than 1.5 pints and be able to drive home ......................

Not that I'm condoning drinking and driving

Just remember. If you do intend to drink and drive, don't forget your car.
The state of Southampton on 17:16 - Sep 12 with 567 viewsdirk_doone

The state of Southampton on 17:12 - Sep 12 by kernow

Just remember. If you do intend to drink and drive, don't forget your car.

"The incident is reminiscent of a case in which a man was reunited with his vehicle two years after parking up and going on a drinking binge in Munich, only to forget where he’d parked. He reported it missing and eventually police found the vehicle 4km away from where the man thought he’d parked it.

It had 40,000 euros in cash in the boot, along with 50,000 euros worth of tools.

Earlier this year a man from Scotland lost his car after attending a Stone Roses gig in Manchester. He reportedly searched for the vehicle for 5 days before giving up."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/man-forgets-park-car-finds-20-ye
[Post edited 12 Sep 19:29]

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

The state of Southampton on 20:31 - Sep 12 with 458 viewssolent_toffee

I think it’s down to three things. Firstly there aren’t enough jobs in town and those that are aren’t massively well paid, I know there’s exceptions and all that, but there’s not many big companies, paying big salaries. There’s plenty of retail jobs, but they don’t pay that well. Which brings me onto the price, it’s 4.50-5 quid a pint, it’s far too expensive. And last, younger people just don’t drink as much as the generations before, the drinking culture has gone and they spend their money on other things.
The state of Southampton on 21:53 - Sep 12 with 406 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The state of Southampton on 20:31 - Sep 12 by solent_toffee

I think it’s down to three things. Firstly there aren’t enough jobs in town and those that are aren’t massively well paid, I know there’s exceptions and all that, but there’s not many big companies, paying big salaries. There’s plenty of retail jobs, but they don’t pay that well. Which brings me onto the price, it’s 4.50-5 quid a pint, it’s far too expensive. And last, younger people just don’t drink as much as the generations before, the drinking culture has gone and they spend their money on other things.

This is also true. All the 20-somethings in my org are into fitness and water. Utter loonies. I keep saying, but there will 100% be a huge midlife crisis with this lot in 15-20 years, and we need to open shops that'll satisfy whatever it is the want to crisis about, probably petrol sniffing.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

The state of Southampton on 08:52 - Sep 13 with 249 viewssolent_toffee

The state of Southampton on 21:53 - Sep 12 by Gennaro_Contaldo

This is also true. All the 20-somethings in my org are into fitness and water. Utter loonies. I keep saying, but there will 100% be a huge midlife crisis with this lot in 15-20 years, and we need to open shops that'll satisfy whatever it is the want to crisis about, probably petrol sniffing.

It’s already started, have you seen how many male grooming shops there are in Southampton, every time a pub closes they seem to open one. There must be about five around East Street alone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019