Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand 08:15 - Sep 20 with 1040 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/50900/hasenhutl-hints-at

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 08:25 - Sep 20 with 1010 viewsthis_charming_man

Maybe I’m missing something but I don’t see any hint of a rift at all. He said when a team is winning it’s difficult for a player to come back in and we have a few options at left back. No suggestion of a rift whatsoever

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Would you rather

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 08:45 - Sep 20 with 985 viewsPatfromPoole

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 08:25 - Sep 20 by this_charming_man

Maybe I’m missing something but I don’t see any hint of a rift at all. He said when a team is winning it’s difficult for a player to come back in and we have a few options at left back. No suggestion of a rift whatsoever

Would have to agree.

But if Bertrand is left out of the side again tonight (when they have a tricky right-winger in Harry Wilson) one will have to wonder....
Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 09:08 - Sep 20 with 954 viewsSaintNick

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 08:25 - Sep 20 by this_charming_man

With due respect you are removed from the everyday rumour mill of the city, not what is written on message boards, but that leaks which out of the dressing room .

If it was merely a question of Bertrand being injured and a winning team then a couple of points.

1. Why did Hasenhuttl make the point before the Brighton game of saying that Bertrand would not have been picked anyway, Bertrand was injured and not available, perhaps it was said to boost Danso, but it would have upset Bertrand, if there wasn't a rift before that then clearly there could be after.

2. If there was no rift then why was Hasenhuttl asked the question about Bertrand about talking to the player about not being picked, someone in the press knew something and was targeting the manager on the subject.

3. Why did Hasenhuttl not speak to Bertrand about being dropped or even about saying he was being dropped even if he wasn't injured, he is famous for 1-1 with players and communicating his reasoning, the fact that four weeks after his original statement about dropping the player he hasn't spoken to him is the real hint that there is a problem.

4. if you read the Daily Echo article on the subject they say "As of yet Hasenhuttl has not had to have the difficult chat with Bertrand as to why he is being overlooked." How would they know to ask this question, clearly they know there is a rift they have brought it out in the open and asked the question.

5. We actually have no other proven options at left back, yes we could swap either Valery or Cedric but at Sheffield we did not do that and they are right sided players, we employed Djenepo as a wing back a position he struggled to get to grips with,(not totally his fault, he had no one talking him through the game on what was his first start in the Premier League)

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 09:41 - Sep 20 with 918 viewsthis_charming_man

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 09:08 - Sep 20 by SaintNick

With due respect you are removed from the everyday rumour mill of the city, not what is written on message boards, but that leaks which out of the dressing room .

If it was merely a question of Bertrand being injured and a winning team then a couple of points.

1. Why did Hasenhuttl make the point before the Brighton game of saying that Bertrand would not have been picked anyway, Bertrand was injured and not available, perhaps it was said to boost Danso, but it would have upset Bertrand, if there wasn't a rift before that then clearly there could be after.

2. If there was no rift then why was Hasenhuttl asked the question about Bertrand about talking to the player about not being picked, someone in the press knew something and was targeting the manager on the subject.

3. Why did Hasenhuttl not speak to Bertrand about being dropped or even about saying he was being dropped even if he wasn't injured, he is famous for 1-1 with players and communicating his reasoning, the fact that four weeks after his original statement about dropping the player he hasn't spoken to him is the real hint that there is a problem.

4. if you read the Daily Echo article on the subject they say "As of yet Hasenhuttl has not had to have the difficult chat with Bertrand as to why he is being overlooked." How would they know to ask this question, clearly they know there is a rift they have brought it out in the open and asked the question.

5. We actually have no other proven options at left back, yes we could swap either Valery or Cedric but at Sheffield we did not do that and they are right sided players, we employed Djenepo as a wing back a position he struggled to get to grips with,(not totally his fault, he had no one talking him through the game on what was his first start in the Premier League)

All good points although a lot of it speculation but putting them all together there might be something in it. I’m sure I read somewhere that Hasenhuttl told Bertrand Danso was starting ahead of him and Brighton and he accepted the decision though?

There have been plenty of rumours flying around for a couple of years Bertrand wants a move plus the manager makes no secret of wanting young players so perhaps his time here is coming to an end.

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 09:48 - Sep 20 with 909 viewssaints__fan__73

RH's issue with Bertrand started last year. After RB was injured he was training for the 1st team for more than 3 weeks before RH finally put him back into the starting lineup which was odd then as he was our only senior RB on the books.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 09:57 - Sep 20 with 893 viewsPatfromPoole

All of which makes the decision to sell Targett strange, regardless of the decent price we got for him.

Not a big fan of having right-footed players playing at left-back.
Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 10:00 - Sep 20 with 885 viewsthis_charming_man

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 09:57 - Sep 20 by PatfromPoole

All of which makes the decision to sell Targett strange, regardless of the decent price we got for him.

Not a big fan of having right-footed players playing at left-back.

If I remember rightly in summer one of them was going to be going I guess we got a good offer for targett and didn’t get one for Bertrand although there were a few links.

Also seems strange vokins can’t get a game as part of the reason to offload one of them was to give him more chances
[Post edited 20 Sep 10:02]

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 11:11 - Sep 20 with 799 viewsSonicBoom

You would imagine that Bertrand is one of our highest earners. He's definitely one of our more experienced players and has good quality.
If Bertrand hasn't got the hump I'd be amazed. I would if the manager started a youngster in my position. A youngster that hadnt completed 90 minutes in the PL and is being played in a position he's never played before.
Add to that Djenepo was terrible until he was moved back to his usual position.
Login to get fewer ads

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 15:44 - Sep 20 with 650 viewsareasix

Don't forget Bertrand is still smarting after losing his England place and is not likely to get it back soon so all in all his head is not in a good position at present. Ralph I am told likes to confront issues head on , one to one so I am surprised he is letting this feaster.

He was after defensive targets before the shut down of transfers , Taverner from Rangers was one and some guy from Genk but both did not materialise.
Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 15:45 - Sep 20 with 649 viewsthis_charming_man

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 15:44 - Sep 20 by areasix

Don't forget Bertrand is still smarting after losing his England place and is not likely to get it back soon so all in all his head is not in a good position at present. Ralph I am told likes to confront issues head on , one to one so I am surprised he is letting this feaster.

He was after defensive targets before the shut down of transfers , Taverner from Rangers was one and some guy from Genk but both did not materialise.

But 100% of what you get told never happens

The Genk Guy was Mahele who I also revealed we tried to sign in jan but depended on Cedric leaving permenantly

Behind as usual
[Post edited 20 Sep 15:47]

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 16:03 - Sep 20 with 636 viewsRipleys_revenge

Without being in the know, I strongly suspect there isn't so much as a rift with Bertrand but more Ralph making it very clear to Bertrand that he needs to play with absolute commitment or he isn't getting in the team any time soon.

Let's be honest we've all seen a few displays from Bertrand which have raised a few questions about how much he's really putting in. If fans can see that, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine Ralph having much the same reaction.

I think we saw it a fair bit last season with Targett being preferred in a number of games, before Bertrand got himself back in the team. Now Targett's been sold it's not hard to imagine Bertrand letting his intensity drop a little. Clearly Ralph isn't going to let that happen. I say absolutely fair play to him, think he's managing it in exactly the right way.

Anyone would want a fit and committed Bertrand in the team, he's clearly one of our best players. If it means dropping him for a couple of games to make it clear to him that he doesn't automatically walk into this team then good for Ralph and, I think, good for Saints too. Team spirit has to come first. I think the difference between Bertrand and someone like Lemina is that Bertrand isn't a complete c@nt (unlike Mario) so it's not a drastic situation.

Personally I'm well on board with how Ralph manages this team, I think he's made a series of excellent decisions on man management - I think it really brings out the extra fight in the team which I think will have a big impact on our season over the long run. Although that being said I still cannot fathom how on earth Jack Stephens continues to feature in matchday squads!
Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 20:46 - Sep 20 with 528 viewsRipleys_revenge

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 16:03 - Sep 20 by Ripleys_revenge

Without being in the know, I strongly suspect there isn't so much as a rift with Bertrand but more Ralph making it very clear to Bertrand that he needs to play with absolute commitment or he isn't getting in the team any time soon.

Let's be honest we've all seen a few displays from Bertrand which have raised a few questions about how much he's really putting in. If fans can see that, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine Ralph having much the same reaction.

I think we saw it a fair bit last season with Targett being preferred in a number of games, before Bertrand got himself back in the team. Now Targett's been sold it's not hard to imagine Bertrand letting his intensity drop a little. Clearly Ralph isn't going to let that happen. I say absolutely fair play to him, think he's managing it in exactly the right way.

Anyone would want a fit and committed Bertrand in the team, he's clearly one of our best players. If it means dropping him for a couple of games to make it clear to him that he doesn't automatically walk into this team then good for Ralph and, I think, good for Saints too. Team spirit has to come first. I think the difference between Bertrand and someone like Lemina is that Bertrand isn't a complete c@nt (unlike Mario) so it's not a drastic situation.

Personally I'm well on board with how Ralph manages this team, I think he's made a series of excellent decisions on man management - I think it really brings out the extra fight in the team which I think will have a big impact on our season over the long run. Although that being said I still cannot fathom how on earth Jack Stephens continues to feature in matchday squads!

I take it all back! Get Bertrand on now, any of our three cbs to come off they all look absolutely horrible tonight
Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 20:49 - Sep 20 with 517 viewssaint22

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 20:46 - Sep 20 by Ripleys_revenge

I take it all back! Get Bertrand on now, any of our three cbs to come off they all look absolutely horrible tonight

None of them seem to know where to play it’s a shambles
Ralph seems to spend all his time on attacking and pressing and screw defending

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 20:53 - Sep 20 with 499 views10i

Unfortunately Ralph tends to overthink things sometimes. He talks about the changes being a big strength and how we would surprise our opponents - somehow he seems to ignore that this never worked toll now. No goal in the first half at all, most goals scored needed a change in the initial tactics. So he gets his changes und surprises wrong a lot, it seems, yet he keeps playing players out of position - which only surprises our own team and the players...
Bertrand is our best LB by a mile, Danso is not FB at all.
If a manager trusts his own players to be good enough, he doesn't have to change too much and worry too much about the opponent, especially when you play none of the top 6...
Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 20:56 - Sep 20 with 488 viewsBicester_North

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 20:46 - Sep 20 by Ripleys_revenge

Not just the defence, Hojbjerg and Ward-Prowse have been weak, Romeu decent high up but not great defending. This wrong footed full back shit is a mystery.

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 21:57 - Sep 20 with 457 viewssaint22

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 20:56 - Sep 20 by Bicester_North

Not just the defence, Hojbjerg and Ward-Prowse have been weak, Romeu decent high up but not great defending. This wrong footed full back shit is a mystery.

It starts at the back and we alway look weak as we knew all summer and nothing was done about it and now we pay
The second half was way better boufal looking class and Adams looks good
But Jesus can we play a whole game like that not just a half

Hasenhutl Hints At Rift With Ryan Bertrand on 08:47 - Sep 21 with 325 viewsthis_charming_man

Well whatever the rift is let’s hope they fix it as we need Bertrand to play

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019