Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph Knows Best 09:46 - Sep 21 with 718 viewsRon11

On this showing, apparently not.
I've lost count of the times we've seen a totally bizarre line up that flies in the face of what any logical person / manager would put on the pitch up against a side that are there for the taking but are at least set up using the best players available.
With Bertrand on the bench, Valery not even on the bench, Danso and Soares completely out of position, it was no surprise to see Bournemouth two up at half time. Why oh why does he do this?
Everybody else in the stadium would have started with Bertrand on the left and Soares on the right
with Danso (or Yoshida) and Bednarek. The fumbling Vestergaard should without doubt be benched.
The second half performance was transformed, even though Ward Prowse blazed the ball over from goal scoring positions at least three times. Not once, but three or more. Do they implement shooting practice??
If they had started with the right players in the right positions in the first half, we would be three points better off this morning.
It just seems to be 'I'll do it my way' from Ralph. Well sorry pal, it's wearing a bit thin.

Ralph Knows Best on 10:10 - Sep 21 with 684 viewsSonicBoom

100% this.
Everyone starts messages saying I love Ralph, or in Ralph we trust, but actually he's making frankly bizarre selections and our defence looks just as symbolic as it did when he arrived.

Ralph Knows Best on 10:11 - Sep 21 with 683 viewsthis_charming_man

If I have one criticism of Hassenhuttl i think he tried to be too clever sometimes. Good teams have solid defences, play a right back at right back a left back at left back FFS. Mess about with the attack but the defence needs to be solid, organised and stable. Messing about with the defence only leads to one thing

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Would you rather

Ralph Knows Best on 10:14 - Sep 21 with 682 viewsDorsetIan

Yes, very frustrating. Although odd because the decisions that Ralph has made in terms of buying/keeping and selling/loaning players have been pretty much in line with what most fans would think, so he is not off the wall in that respect.

I suspect that maybe his big pluses are motivation, and player management and development. And maybe tactics just aren’t his strength. The fella that went to Bayern went as a tactical analyst I think so maybe he relied on him a lot.

For what it’s worth i thought Vesterguard was OK. He was involved a lot in the build up play and didn’t do too much wrong.

Boufal different class and I would watch him all day long but there’s still something that feels a bit frustrating about him - like he’s not 100% involved in the game mentally. Maybe because he’s so skilled that everything is easier for him than other players, so he doesn’t look like he’s having to try.

Ralph Knows Best on 10:23 - Sep 21 with 665 viewsSonicBoom

Excellent piece in the echo that sums it up. Quite outspoken for them!

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17917717.verdict-final-word-southamptons-3-1-d
Ralph Knows Best on 10:36 - Sep 21 with 642 viewsA1079

Ralph Knows Best on 10:10 - Sep 21 by SonicBoom

100% this.
Everyone starts messages saying I love Ralph, or in Ralph we trust, but actually he's making frankly bizarre selections and our defence looks just as symbolic as it did when he arrived.

I have read your posts a few times on Ralph and I agree with you on this. RH is an improvement on our previous 3 managers but he does do some bizarre things and at times he is trying to be too clever with a squad of players who either not capable of it or simply not ready. In Ralph I have some faith, but in Ralph I trust - not yet! He needs to learn to do the simple things sometimes - like the players.

But, above all, why are we so awful in front of goal? How much easier and less stressful would our games be and less pressure on the defence would there be, if our strikers could take even 50% of their chances?

Ralph Knows Best on 11:13 - Sep 21 with 603 viewsRipleys_revenge

Yes bizarre lineup. The Bertrand thing is very odd - if it is a case of Ralph trying to make the point to him that he can't assume that he'll just walk into the team, then it backfired spectacularly last night.

Rather than act as a motivator for him, I think now Bertrand can be more assured of his spot than ever after the complete 1st half / 2nd half transformation we saw yesterday.

Complete horror show that game, I suspect its brought on more problems for Ralph than he might have realised.

Ralph Knows Best on 11:57 - Sep 21 with 571 views1teeminants

Couldn’t agree more mate spot on and why take Redmond off when we need to score ffs ? just bloody weird decisions.Boufal and Romeu played well that’s about it .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Ralph Knows Best on 12:03 - Sep 21 with 562 views1teeminants

Ralph Knows Best on 11:13 - Sep 21 by Ripleys_revenge

Yes bizarre lineup. The Bertrand thing is very odd - if it is a case of Ralph trying to make the point to him that he can't assume that he'll just walk into the team, then it backfired spectacularly last night.

Rather than act as a motivator for him, I think now Bertrand can be more assured of his spot than ever after the complete 1st half / 2nd half transformation we saw yesterday.

Complete horror show that game, I suspect its brought on more problems for Ralph than he might have realised.

I’m only guessing but Bertrand has been here a long time and he’s one of the older guys ,perhaps he just doesn’t fit in with Ralph’s plans ie Young, hungry players. Maybe Bertrand wants out .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph Knows Best on 13:58 - Sep 21 with 441 viewsRon11

Ralph Knows Best on 12:03 - Sep 21 by 1teeminants

I’m only guessing but Bertrand has been here a long time and he’s one of the older guys ,perhaps he just doesn’t fit in with Ralph’s plans ie Young, hungry players. Maybe Bertrand wants out .

Well he certainly changed things when he came on last night.
So Ralph was wrong.
Looks like an ego trip that isn't going to go anywhere but down
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019