Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO BRR 16:03 - Sep 21 with 316 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

We have a vacancy on the FSA National Council for a representative from our EFL League 1 and 2 Network, and voting is now open.

There are four candidates standing for the vacancy — Manny Dominguez, Peter Leatham, Mark Porter and Robert Whittaker - their election statements can be found at this link.

Voting is open now at this link, and will close at 5pm on Tuesday 17th September.

In order to be eligible to vote, you must be a representative of an affiliated organisation of the FSA whose club plays in League One or Two. Definitions of what constitutes an affiliate can be found below, and by casting your vote you agree that your organisation fulfils these criteria.

You may vote for only one individual. The result of the ballot is subject to ratification at the meeting of the EFL League 1 and 2 Network on 19th September.

Definition of affiliate member

These will be a supporters’ group or Trust who fulfil a number of key criteria of basic sound governance and democratic principles. These requirements are:

- The organisation must have a written constitution

- Their membership must be open to all supporters of the relevant football club at an affordable fee

- The operation of the organisation must be independent of the football club (unless that organisation is a Trust that is the direct owner of its football club)

- The organisation must have a democratic structure and decision-making process, based on one member, one vote

- The majority of the organisation’s governing committee must be elected by the membership, either at a general meeting or by postal or online ballot

- The organisation must publish either audited or certified annual accounts or at least ones approved by its membership at an AGM

- The organisation must keep track of its membership, holding basic details of each current member

- The organisation must adopt a diversity policy (a template can be supplied)

I've heard that this is you and you were elected, if so many congratulations.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/assets/Downloads/Misc/FSA-EFL-Noms-Sept-2019-Alphabetical.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/efl-league-1-and-2-network-elections

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

FAO BRR on 16:32 - Sep 21 with 309 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

BBTRR

It is, and thank you very much.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

FAO BRR on 16:50 - Sep 21 with 298 viewsLala

FAO BRR on 16:32 - Sep 21 by basilrobbiereborn

BBTRR

It is, and thank you very much.

Well done Robbie

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

FAO BRR on 08:44 - Sep 22 with 265 viewsspudgun

FAO BRR on 16:50 - Sep 21 by Lala

Well done Robbie

Yep, congratulations; this should be right up your strasse.

Challenging and interesting work, which is important too...
FAO BRR on 08:45 - Sep 22 with 263 viewsROTTWEILERS

FAO BRR on 08:44 - Sep 22 by spudgun

Yep, congratulations; this should be right up your strasse.

Challenging and interesting work, which is important too...

Yep, well done Robbie.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

FAO BRR on 18:44 - Sep 22 with 253 viewsspell_chekker

FAO BRR on 08:45 - Sep 22 by ROTTWEILERS

Yep, well done Robbie.

Some of the best news I've heard for a long time.

Congrats on your deserved appointment.

This shouldn't pass under the radar.

Any published work / activity will be followed on this board and appreciated / criticised.

All's good.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

FAO BRR on 20:38 - Sep 22 with 246 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

FAO BRR on 18:44 - Sep 22 by spell_chekker

Any published work / activity will be followed on this board and appreciated / criticised.

All's good.

Yeah, I be really interested on your thoughts once you've got your feet under the table and a handle on the role.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

FAO BRR on 22:24 - Sep 22 with 235 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

FAO BRR on 18:44 - Sep 22 by spell_chekker

All's good.

Thanks chekks, BBTRR.

I am the junior member of our contingent on the Council - Christine and Tony Wilkinson are already on there. I think we are the only club with three representatives, which is something to be proud of, and of course Christine won the Jacqui Oatley Award this year, which is a prestigious thing indeed.

It's early days for me, but a good time to be going in as there is such a lot going on :

- EFL internal review (financial sustainability)

- DCMS review (Bury and matters arising)

- developing proposals for regulatory reform

- fighting off proposals for European Competition Reform

- preparing for a new CEO at the EFL

to name but five things that are bubbling away at the moment. Should be interesting and challenging to get involved with some or all of that.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 22:39]

FAO BRR on 06:43 - Sep 23 with 215 viewsROTTWEILERS

FAO BRR on 22:24 - Sep 22 by basilrobbiereborn

Thanks chekks, BBTRR.

I am the junior member of our contingent on the Council - Christine and Tony Wilkinson are already on there. I think we are the only club with three representatives, which is something to be proud of, and of course Christine won the Jacqui Oatley Award this year, which is a prestigious thing indeed.

It's early days for me, but a good time to be going in as there is such a lot going on :

- EFL internal review (financial sustainability)

- DCMS review (Bury and matters arising)

- developing proposals for regulatory reform

- fighting off proposals for European Competition Reform

- preparing for a new CEO at the EFL

to name but five things that are bubbling away at the moment. Should be interesting and challenging to get involved with some or all of that.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 22:39]

Nice one Robbie.

The consultation stage of EFL's Governance Review is drawing to a close - has there been ANY contact with fans/fans' groups that you are aware of?

Link:
https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/governance-review/
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 6:45]

Login to get fewer ads

FAO BRR on 11:25 - Sep 23 with 197 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

FAO BRR on 06:43 - Sep 23 by ROTTWEILERS

Nice one Robbie.

The consultation stage of EFL's Governance Review is drawing to a close - has there been ANY contact with fans/fans' groups that you are aware of?

Link:
https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/governance-review/
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 6:45]

I know that they have been talking to the FSA, and we (BST) wrote to Debbie Jevans setting out our views. Other than that, I couldn't really say.

FAO BRR on 12:03 - Sep 23 with 188 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

FAO BRR on 11:25 - Sep 23 by basilrobbiereborn

I know that they have been talking to the FSA, and we (BST) wrote to Debbie Jevans setting out our views. Other than that, I couldn't really say.

"The Board of Directors of the English Football League (EFL) has decided to commission a thorough and robust review of the EFL’s governance systems and structures, in order to identify and implement any improvements that are required to ensure that the EFL is governed effectively and efficiently, in accordance with best practice, and to the satisfaction of all of its stakeholders, in particular the Member Clubs."

Might be my distrust of the EFL but this feels like a circling of the wagons exercise.

FAO BRR on 13:43 - Sep 23 with 177 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

FAO BRR on 12:03 - Sep 23 by BringBackTheRedRoom

"The Board of Directors of the English Football League (EFL) has decided to commission a thorough and robust review of the EFL’s governance systems and structures, in order to identify and implement any improvements that are required to ensure that the EFL is governed effectively and efficiently, in accordance with best practice, and to the satisfaction of all of its stakeholders, in particular the Member Clubs."

Might be my distrust of the EFL but this feels like a circling of the wagons exercise.

"in particular the Member Clubs." is the bit that worries me. Merely talking to the group that causes many of the problems is one of the reasons why they are perceived to be out of touch....

FAO BRR on 13:53 - Sep 23 with 174 viewsROTTWEILERS

FAO BRR on 13:43 - Sep 23 by basilrobbiereborn

"in particular the Member Clubs." is the bit that worries me. Merely talking to the group that causes many of the problems is one of the reasons why they are perceived to be out of touch....

Agreed. I don't know why the EFL don't face more direct legal challenges. They are clearly winging it. For example, we have a very strong case against them for the damages caused through not enforcing the ODT.

Combined hits to their reputation and pocket are more likely to elicit change imho. Unfortunately our politicians are somewhat preoccupied with other things to look seriously at football governance at this present time.

FAO BRR on 14:02 - Sep 23 with 169 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

FAO BRR on 13:53 - Sep 23 by ROTTWEILERS

Agreed. I don't know why the EFL don't face more direct legal challenges. They are clearly winging it. For example, we have a very strong case against them for the damages caused through not enforcing the ODT.

Combined hits to their reputation and pocket are more likely to elicit change imho. Unfortunately our politicians are somewhat preoccupied with other things to look seriously at football governance at this present time.

"our politicians are somewhat preoccupied with other things to look seriously at football governance"

Up until recently I would have completely agreed with that. However, I think we are beginning to see movement. The EFL review is mainly about being seen to be doing something, and a tacit acceptance that something has to change somewhere.

I think the DCMS review - and the mere fact of it - may end up being more significant. I think there is growing awareness in the places where where we need it, and it is up to the main supporter groups to capitalise in whatever way possible. They (the DCMS) are looking at the right area, because I feel that the Bury/Bolton issues have some way to run as yet.

I've written an article about Bolton/Bury which I hope Jane will be able to find room for in the next edition of the fanzine.

FAO BRR on 14:06 - Sep 23 with 168 viewsROTTWEILERS

FAO BRR on 14:02 - Sep 23 by basilrobbiereborn

"our politicians are somewhat preoccupied with other things to look seriously at football governance"

Up until recently I would have completely agreed with that. However, I think we are beginning to see movement. The EFL review is mainly about being seen to be doing something, and a tacit acceptance that something has to change somewhere.

I think the DCMS review - and the mere fact of it - may end up being more significant. I think there is growing awareness in the places where where we need it, and it is up to the main supporter groups to capitalise in whatever way possible. They (the DCMS) are looking at the right area, because I feel that the Bury/Bolton issues have some way to run as yet.

I've written an article about Bolton/Bury which I hope Jane will be able to find room for in the next edition of the fanzine.

Cool beans - I will have to buy a copy.

FAO BRR on 18:13 - Sep 23 with 147 viewsspell_chekker

FAO BRR on 14:06 - Sep 23 by ROTTWEILERS

Cool beans - I will have to buy a copy.

Do you prefer them to baked beans!!

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

FAO BRR on 18:25 - Sep 23 with 139 viewsspudgun

FAO BRR on 18:13 - Sep 23 by spell_chekker

Do you prefer them to baked beans!!

Looks like the natives have just heard the news.

I assume you may have to be a little more circumspect now on social media; not on here of course, as you are amongst friends...
FAO BRR on 18:45 - Sep 23 with 132 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

FAO BRR on 18:25 - Sep 23 by spudgun

Looks like the natives have just heard the news.

I assume you may have to be a little more circumspect now on social media; not on here of course, as you are amongst friends...

I''m not sure about being circumspect. In order to do the job properly you need to listen to other opinions apart from your own. And test those opinions in debate.

I'm getting some stick on AVFTT, but when it is the likes of Archie Knox, who has a reasoned argument to offer that is fine. The trick is to ignore those who offer nothing.

The interesting thing about this is the balance - between trying to help a couple of clubs in perilous circumstances, and balancing that against the interests of the other 46 clubs who make up L1 and L2. Those interests do not and will not always co-incide. This is one of the reasons why these two cases have quite so much distance to go before they are fully resolved, certainly through to the 2020/21 season for Bury, and perhaps a year or two more for Bolton until the true nature of their financial viability is known.

FAO BRR on 18:58 - Sep 23 with 124 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

FAO BRR on 18:45 - Sep 23 by basilrobbiereborn

I''m not sure about being circumspect. In order to do the job properly you need to listen to other opinions apart from your own. And test those opinions in debate.

I'm getting some stick on AVFTT, but when it is the likes of Archie Knox, who has a reasoned argument to offer that is fine. The trick is to ignore those who offer nothing.

The interesting thing about this is the balance - between trying to help a couple of clubs in perilous circumstances, and balancing that against the interests of the other 46 clubs who make up L1 and L2. Those interests do not and will not always co-incide. This is one of the reasons why these two cases have quite so much distance to go before they are fully resolved, certainly through to the 2020/21 season for Bury, and perhaps a year or two more for Bolton until the true nature of their financial viability is known.

If some people would put in as much effort actually supporting the clubs and BST efforts, instead of just throwing around insults and unfounded nasty accusations.......

I'm not against criticism, but I do wish they would base it in fact and be able to offer alternatives.

(I'm still sticking to my self imposed AVFTT ban)

FAO BRR on 19:03 - Sep 23 with 117 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

FAO BRR on 18:58 - Sep 23 by BringBackTheRedRoom

If some people would put in as much effort actually supporting the clubs and BST efforts, instead of just throwing around insults and unfounded nasty accusations.......

I'm not against criticism, but I do wish they would base it in fact and be able to offer alternatives.

(I'm still sticking to my self imposed AVFTT ban)

BBTRR

I'm not posting as much myself, there seems little point, a lot of the time.

It seems that telling a lot of lies about BST is the new sport for some. It must be awful to feel so threatened by an organisation that exists to help all of us.

FAO BRR on 19:20 - Sep 23 with 115 viewsROTTWEILERS

FAO BRR on 19:03 - Sep 23 by basilrobbiereborn

BBTRR

I'm not posting as much myself, there seems little point, a lot of the time.

It seems that telling a lot of lies about BST is the new sport for some. It must be awful to feel so threatened by an organisation that exists to help all of us.

Many folk struggling to readjust to their new roles. Oh well.

FAO BRR on 19:32 - Sep 23 with 107 viewsLala

FAO BRR on 19:20 - Sep 23 by ROTTWEILERS

Many folk struggling to readjust to their new roles. Oh well.

Rotty

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

FAO BRR on 19:34 - Sep 23 with 105 viewsspudgun

FAO BRR on 19:32 - Sep 23 by Lala

Rotty

I wonder whether nuance will ever be en vogue on AVFTT?
FAO BRR on 19:42 - Sep 23 with 104 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

FAO BRR on 19:34 - Sep 23 by spudgun

I wonder whether nuance will ever be en vogue on AVFTT?

I would say re-writing history would be next, but I'd already spotted that on "Coming Home" day.

FAO BRR on 21:39 - Sep 23 with 92 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

FAO BRR on 19:42 - Sep 23 by BringBackTheRedRoom

I would say re-writing history would be next, but I'd already spotted that on "Coming Home" day.

I'll write a book about all this one day. It'll be. best seller.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024