Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury Football Club 11:35 - Oct 16 with 640 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury Football Club has been given a 14-day reprieve after a winding-up petition brought by HM Revenue & Customs was adjourned in the High Court.

The Shakers, twice winners of the FA Cup, were expelled from the English Football League in August as a result of their financial problems.

Plans for a phoenix club have been ongoing and, should it be formed, it must apply to the Football Association for entry into the English non-league pyramid next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50069246

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Bury Football Club on 13:58 - Oct 16 with 625 viewsROTTWEILERS

Bury fans seem a bit relaxed about all of this, no?

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Bury Football Club on 15:34 - Oct 16 with 618 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Bury Football Club on 13:58 - Oct 16 by ROTTWEILERS

Bury fans seem a bit relaxed about all of this, no?

I very much doubt they are relaxed Rott.

What I think they might be is :

a) relatively short of resources (human or otherwise)

b) not sure of what constitutes good advice

c) still reluctant to give up on reinstatement (unlikely now, probably)

d) a bit short of sympathetic allies

e) as a a result of all the above, probably a bit unsure of where to prioritise their effort.

I could be wildly wrong, but not every supporters group has a Christine Seddon.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Bury Football Club on 16:30 - Oct 16 with 613 viewsspell_chekker

Bury Football Club on 15:34 - Oct 16 by basilrobbiereborn

I very much doubt they are relaxed Rott.

What I think they might be is :

a) relatively short of resources (human or otherwise)

b) not sure of what constitutes good advice

c) still reluctant to give up on reinstatement (unlikely now, probably)

d) a bit short of sympathetic allies

e) as a a result of all the above, probably a bit unsure of where to prioritise their effort.

I could be wildly wrong, but not every supporters group has a Christine Seddon.

If I were them, I'd be looking to re-start from zero, thus getting rid of debt and the owner.

Then, as regards their stadium, they'd have to put their hands together and pray for an influential and sympathetic council.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Bury Football Club on 16:43 - Oct 16 with 611 viewsROTTWEILERS

Bury Football Club on 16:30 - Oct 16 by spell_chekker

If I were them, I'd be looking to re-start from zero, thus getting rid of debt and the owner.

Then, as regards their stadium, they'd have to put their hands together and pray for an influential and sympathetic council.

That's true Robert. but they have a local MP who is a fantastic advocate for the club and is mustard compared to ours. So they aren't without decent advocacy.

That's one approach spell. They appear a bit like rabbits in the headlights to me.

Our protests were many and varied. Some maybe crossed a line but at least we were relentlessly proactive.

Bury Football Club on 17:01 - Oct 16 with 606 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Bury Football Club on 16:43 - Oct 16 by ROTTWEILERS

That's true Robert. but they have a local MP who is a fantastic advocate for the club and is mustard compared to ours. So they aren't without decent advocacy.

That's one approach spell. They appear a bit like rabbits in the headlights to me.

Our protests were many and varied. Some maybe crossed a line but at least we were relentlessly proactive.

Rott

I certainly agree about the "relentlessly proactive" bit.

On their MP, he is industrious on their behalf. But the fact that he does not understand the regulatory environment he is dabbling in has been a double-edged sword for them. Pursuing re-instatement was always going to be a high risk strategy for them and he was one of the most energetic in driving them down that route. I fear it has been misconceived and misplaced effort, in the end, even if he is to be applauded for trying.

Bury Football Club on 17:16 - Oct 16 with 603 viewsROTTWEILERS

Bury Football Club on 17:01 - Oct 16 by basilrobbiereborn

Rott

I certainly agree about the "relentlessly proactive" bit.

On their MP, he is industrious on their behalf. But the fact that he does not understand the regulatory environment he is dabbling in has been a double-edged sword for them. Pursuing re-instatement was always going to be a high risk strategy for them and he was one of the most energetic in driving them down that route. I fear it has been misconceived and misplaced effort, in the end, even if he is to be applauded for trying.

He's been ploughing a bit of a lone furrow imo. He's learning on the hoof and can't be blamed for not knowing football governance inside out.

This was the work that BST were doing in the background on behalf of our MPs. You and I know that our Trust were spoon-feeding Maynard and Marsden like little chicks in the nest waiting for the next worm. So where are the equivalent people who care about Bury?

On reflection, you are right - not every group has a Christine. But we had a Christine, a Tim, an Andy... a Robbie. and a Raggy even 😉

You could add another 50 names to that list

Bury Football Club on 17:25 - Oct 16 with 596 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Bury Football Club on 17:16 - Oct 16 by ROTTWEILERS

He's been ploughing a bit of a lone furrow imo. He's learning on the hoof and can't be blamed for not knowing football governance inside out.

This was the work that BST were doing in the background on behalf of our MPs. You and I know that our Trust were spoon-feeding Maynard and Marsden like little chicks in the nest waiting for the next worm. So where are the equivalent people who care about Bury?

On reflection, you are right - not every group has a Christine. But we had a Christine, a Tim, an Andy... a Robbie. and a Raggy even 😉

You could add another 50 names to that list

Rott, agree with "lone furrow" too. You are churning them out today.

It's not my place to speak for BST. But you are right that a tremendous amount of effort went into every helpful bit of publicity we got, every helpful intervention from someone who would be listened to, etc etc. I've no idea how many people are trying to perform that role for Bury ; I'm proud of the fact that our Trust have been at the front of the queue of people trying to help them
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 9:30]

Bury Football Club on 07:39 - Oct 17 with 575 viewsspell_chekker

Bury Football Club on 17:25 - Oct 16 by basilrobbiereborn

Rott, agree with "lone furrow" too. You are churning them out today.

It's not my place to speak for BST. But you are right that a tremendous amount of effort went into every helpful bit of publicity we got, every helpful intervention from someone who would be listened to, etc etc. I've no idea how many people are trying to perform that role for Bury ; I'm proud of the fact that our Trust have been at the front of the queue of people trying to help them
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 9:30]

One team will get a bye in round 1 of the FA cup because of Bury's absence.

Here's a BBC article about it -

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50076272

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Login to get fewer ads

Bury Football Club on 09:34 - Oct 17 with 561 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury Football Club on 07:39 - Oct 17 by spell_chekker

One team will get a bye in round 1 of the FA cup because of Bury's absence.

Here's a BBC article about it -

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50076272

Securing the ground, then forming a "Phoenix Club" without any involvement from the present owner Dale, seems like their only and best solution at the moment.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Bury Football Club on 11:29 - Oct 17 with 554 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Bury Football Club on 09:34 - Oct 17 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Securing the ground, then forming a "Phoenix Club" without any involvement from the present owner Dale, seems like their only and best solution at the moment.

BBTRR

I do believe that that is precisely the advice they are getting from senior folk within the fans' community. I hope they heed it.

Bury Football Club on 14:18 - Oct 17 with 538 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury Football Club on 11:29 - Oct 17 by basilrobbiereborn

BBTRR

I do believe that that is precisely the advice they are getting from senior folk within the fans' community. I hope they heed it.

The one worry I would have for them is how do they maintain and run a Football League stadium with little or no revenue as they climb back up the Football Pyramid ladder?

I wonder if Jane can shed light on this, seeing she's worked in lower league football?

Bury Football Club on 14:26 - Oct 17 with 536 viewsROTTWEILERS

Bury Football Club on 14:18 - Oct 17 by BringBackTheRedRoom

The one worry I would have for them is how do they maintain and run a Football League stadium with little or no revenue as they climb back up the Football Pyramid ladder?

I wonder if Jane can shed light on this, seeing she's worked in lower league football?

Does the ground have ACV status?

Bury Football Club on 17:06 - Oct 17 with 527 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Bury Football Club on 14:26 - Oct 17 by ROTTWEILERS

Does the ground have ACV status?

Good question, I don't think so. Havien't they flogged off all the car parking spaces etc.?

Bury Football Club on 18:28 - Oct 17 with 520 viewsspell_chekker

Bury Football Club on 17:06 - Oct 17 by basilrobbiereborn

Good question, I don't think so. Havien't they flogged off all the car parking spaces etc.?

Why do they bury Bury Fc and its fans at a depth of 20 feet in stead of the usual 6???

Because deep down, They're ok.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024