Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE BREXIT THREAD 18:41 - Oct 17 with 300 viewsspell_chekker

In 2 weeks today at midnight the deed will be done. Perhaps.

Will Boris stick to his principles, as he promised, and fall on his sword if his deal isn't accepted?

Will JC, and that's not the son of god, get his way and have a second general election.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

THE BREXIT THREAD on 18:51 - Oct 17 with 291 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I may be wildly wrong - and probably will be. But the way I can see it going is :

1) there is a possibility that there won't be a vote on Saturday if the PM is certain he will lose

2) As thing stand, I think he will fall short

3) if he does, I think he will express superficial regret and then

4) send the extension letter with as much obvious reluctance as he can muster

5) point out to Parliament that as things stand, the situation will be just the same on 31 January and

6) therefore make the case for an immediate election and challenge the opposition parties to vote it down

7) if he gets his way, campaign on the basis that he leads the only Party committed to getting this done, all the others are trying to frustrate the will of the People and that if you want it over you should vote for his slate of pro-Brexit candidates.

Just a theory.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 19:05]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

THE BREXIT THREAD on 18:51 - Oct 17 with 291 viewsspudgun

Don`t wish to be pedantic, spell but...

1.Boris hasn`t got any principles (or scruples, morals or arguably true political convictions).

2. Don`t remember him promising to "fall on his sword" if the deal isn`t accepted. Happy to be proved wrong, of course.

3. I think JC wants a second referendum , doesn't he? But with Corbyn you can never be sure what he wants from one week to the next!

Just listening to a little Farage on the radio whilst washing up - he`s not a happy bunny.

Every cloud, eh...
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 18:52]
THE BREXIT THREAD on 18:59 - Oct 17 with 281 viewsspell_chekker

THE BREXIT THREAD on 18:51 - Oct 17 by spudgun

Don`t wish to be pedantic, spell but...

1.Boris hasn`t got any principles (or scruples, morals or arguably true political convictions).

2. Don`t remember him promising to "fall on his sword" if the deal isn`t accepted. Happy to be proved wrong, of course.

3. I think JC wants a second referendum , doesn't he? But with Corbyn you can never be sure what he wants from one week to the next!

Just listening to a little Farage on the radio whilst washing up - he`s not a happy bunny.

Every cloud, eh...
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 18:52]

Nowadays I'm not a big political reference, not by a long chalk.

But I was under the impression that Boris became PM after saying that he would negotiate a deal.

I may be wrong, who knows, there's been so much rhetoric that the waters are muddied.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024