Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
December election 20:31 - Oct 29 with 1592 viewsLala

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/oct/29/brexi

Christmas election it is then.

Interesting times.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

December election on 21:18 - Oct 29 with 915 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Gets my vote

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

December election on 21:21 - Oct 29 with 913 viewsLala

December election on 21:18 - Oct 29 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Gets my vote

😆

I’m actually in Dublin that day. A postal vote will have to do, once I’ve decided who to vote for 🤔

December election on 18:47 - Oct 31 with 901 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 21:21 - Oct 29 by Lala

😆

I’m actually in Dublin that day. A postal vote will have to do, once I’ve decided who to vote for 🤔

Let the chaos begin....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50252285

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

December election on 18:58 - Oct 31 with 898 viewsLala

December election on 18:47 - Oct 31 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Let the chaos begin....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50252285

6 weeks of this 🙄

December election on 19:43 - Oct 31 with 891 viewsROTTWEILERS

December election on 18:58 - Oct 31 by Lala

6 weeks of this 🙄

Should be fun. Bye Bye Jeremy, hello a decent Labour leader. Nice vid Red

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

December election on 20:45 - Oct 31 with 882 viewsImperial

December election on 19:43 - Oct 31 by ROTTWEILERS

Should be fun. Bye Bye Jeremy, hello a decent Labour leader. Nice vid Red

We live in hope Rotts
December election on 22:40 - Oct 31 with 876 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 20:45 - Oct 31 by Imperial

We live in hope Rotts

Try not to vote for a party now, vote for the candidate who I think would be best or the sitting MP or Councillor on their voting record. Sadly my MP is useless, so they wont be getting my vote. (They'll still walk it tho).

December election on 15:06 - Nov 1 with 868 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 22:40 - Oct 31 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Try not to vote for a party now, vote for the candidate who I think would be best or the sitting MP or Councillor on their voting record. Sadly my MP is useless, so they wont be getting my vote. (They'll still walk it tho).

Javid criticises columnist over Muslim voter comments

Home Secretary Sajid Javid criticises a Spectator columnist after he suggested planning elections for a time when Muslims can't vote.

In an article headlined, "If you do one thing this election, stop your kids voting", Rod Liddle wrote: "My own choice of election date would be a day when universities are closed and Muslims are forbidden to do anything on pain of hell, or something.

"There must be at least one day like that in the Muslim calendar, surely? That would deliver at least 40 seats to the Tories, I reckon."

Mr Javid, who is of Muslim heritage, tweets that Mr Liddle's comments are "not funny and not acceptable"

Responding to the criticism, Mr Liddle says his words had been taken "out of context".

Writing on the Spectator website, he says: "There was no hate speech or Islamophobia whatsoever in my piece.

"They were very obviously ludicrous suggestions, satirical in manner, about how to reduce the Labour vote by targeting groups which traditionally vote Labour and occasioned by the wrangling over whether the election should be on December 9 or 12 and the reasons for that wrangling."

Did he have a pop at our fans during the NAPM campaign?? Or am I thinking of another nut job?

Login to get fewer ads

December election on 15:12 - Nov 1 with 866 viewsLala

December election on 15:06 - Nov 1 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Home Secretary Sajid Javid criticises a Spectator columnist after he suggested planning elections for a time when Muslims can't vote.

In an article headlined, "If you do one thing this election, stop your kids voting", Rod Liddle wrote: "My own choice of election date would be a day when universities are closed and Muslims are forbidden to do anything on pain of hell, or something.

"There must be at least one day like that in the Muslim calendar, surely? That would deliver at least 40 seats to the Tories, I reckon."

Mr Javid, who is of Muslim heritage, tweets that Mr Liddle's comments are "not funny and not acceptable"

Responding to the criticism, Mr Liddle says his words had been taken "out of context".

Writing on the Spectator website, he says: "There was no hate speech or Islamophobia whatsoever in my piece.

"They were very obviously ludicrous suggestions, satirical in manner, about how to reduce the Labour vote by targeting groups which traditionally vote Labour and occasioned by the wrangling over whether the election should be on December 9 or 12 and the reasons for that wrangling."

Did he have a pop at our fans during the NAPM campaign?? Or am I thinking of another nut job?

It’s a little bit near to the knuckle isn’t it

I’ve lost sight of what’s acceptable and what you can sue for these days!!

December election on 15:51 - Nov 1 with 860 viewsspudgun

December election on 15:12 - Nov 1 by Lala

It’s a little bit near to the knuckle isn’t it

I’ve lost sight of what’s acceptable and what you can sue for these days!!

Used to read Rod Liddle in the Sunday Times and found him mildly amusing in a Jeremy Clarkson sort of way, even though he couldn`t write a piece without shoehorning in Millwall FC.

A pal gave me a book of his (`Selfish whinging monkeys` or something) which I read bits of. I don`t remember being overly concerned by it at the time.

However, one of the unseen consequences of the last three and a half years, is that some hitherto unremarkable public figures have come into sharp focus when scrutinised under the harsh spotlight of Brexit, and the normalisation of social mores which many would have found repugnant a few years ago has allowed their unpalatable side to come noticeably to the fore.

Rod Liddle is one of them; I now find him unreadable...
December election on 15:56 - Nov 1 with 856 viewsROTTWEILERS

December election on 15:06 - Nov 1 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

December election on 21:37 - Nov 1 with 843 viewsjanegallagher

December election on 15:56 - Nov 1 by ROTTWEILERS

Just made me laugh on gogglebox. They were watching the news when general election announced. Guy said, I’m absolutely dreading it, what if labour gets in or the Lib Dems or the Conservatives.

Think that’s what the whole country is thinking. 😃

We’ve got Simon Sadler

December election on 21:45 - Nov 1 with 840 viewsLala

December election on 21:37 - Nov 1 by janegallagher

Just made me laugh on gogglebox. They were watching the news when general election announced. Guy said, I’m absolutely dreading it, what if labour gets in or the Lib Dems or the Conservatives.

Think that’s what the whole country is thinking. 😃

December election on 22:00 - Nov 4 with 812 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 21:45 - Nov 1 by Lala

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50294569

December election on 00:30 - Nov 5 with 804 viewsspell_chekker

December election on 22:00 - Nov 4 by BringBackTheRedRoom

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50294569

You've just got to hope that things like Russian involvement aren't true.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

December election on 07:47 - Nov 5 with 790 viewsspudgun

December election on 00:30 - Nov 5 by spell_chekker

You've just got to hope that things like Russian involvement aren't true.

Heard a toady government minister obfuscating on this subject yesterday morning; this government is very worrying - as inept as it is disingenuous.

Further good news today that the government`s election manifesto pledge of £2billion to create 200,000 new `starter homes`, for those wishing to get on the first rung of the housing market, has resulted in exactly none being built. None whatsoever.

It is a truly sad indictment of our current political predicament that this shower of witless f***wits are still well ahead in the polls as we approach the end of a decade of political ineptitude and gross mismanagement probably unrivalled in my lifetime.

Hey ho...
December election on 07:56 - Nov 5 with 784 viewsspell_chekker

December election on 07:47 - Nov 5 by spudgun

Heard a toady government minister obfuscating on this subject yesterday morning; this government is very worrying - as inept as it is disingenuous.

Further good news today that the government`s election manifesto pledge of £2billion to create 200,000 new `starter homes`, for those wishing to get on the first rung of the housing market, has resulted in exactly none being built. None whatsoever.

It is a truly sad indictment of our current political predicament that this shower of witless f***wits are still well ahead in the polls as we approach the end of a decade of political ineptitude and gross mismanagement probably unrivalled in my lifetime.

Hey ho...

You've got to be worried about the long term future of the UK.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

December election on 08:01 - Nov 5 with 782 viewsspudgun

December election on 07:56 - Nov 5 by spell_chekker

You've got to be worried about the long term future of the UK.

Yep, the long term future of the world generally, spell...
December election on 08:13 - Nov 5 with 781 viewsspell_chekker

December election on 08:01 - Nov 5 by spudgun

Yep, the long term future of the world generally, spell...

Politically for sure. There seems to be a few strange world leaders at the moment. It's precarious.

What is less certain are the impact of environmental issues. They haven't started to hit home yet. Will they ever do so in a big way?

December election on 08:18 - Nov 5 with 778 viewsspell_chekker

December election on 08:13 - Nov 5 by spell_chekker

Politically for sure. There seems to be a few strange world leaders at the moment. It's precarious.

What is less certain are the impact of environmental issues. They haven't started to hit home yet. Will they ever do so in a big way?

The world in 100 years:

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-16536598

December election on 08:32 - Nov 5 with 776 viewsspudgun

December election on 08:13 - Nov 5 by spell_chekker

Did my little bit yesterday for the planet yesterday, and slept soundly as a result.

Bought some organic muesli and bananas at the vegan` not for profit` workers cooperative shop in Lancaster and had lunch at the adjoining `Whaletail Café`.

Felt a little out of place not having dreadlocks or face piercings and felt slightly self-conscious that my Superdry T shirt gave me away somewhat. Will order an ` Anarchy - Smash the system` one for my next visit to blend in more...
December election on 09:17 - Nov 5 with 767 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 08:32 - Nov 5 by spudgun

Did my little bit yesterday for the planet yesterday, and slept soundly as a result.

Bought some organic muesli and bananas at the vegan` not for profit` workers cooperative shop in Lancaster and had lunch at the adjoining `Whaletail Café`.

Felt a little out of place not having dreadlocks or face piercings and felt slightly self-conscious that my Superdry T shirt gave me away somewhat. Will order an ` Anarchy - Smash the system` one for my next visit to blend in more...

About a week ago there was a leak of some internal polling that was done by the Tories which showed that the max number of seats they could win was 295. So seeing how far off the mark polls have been this decade I doubt that will be the result.

There was an article over the weekend that said it expected the difference in the cost of the spending plans of both main parties would be about 1% of GDP. Can't find the sodding thing now.

Edit....

Found this article with the soundbites, still can't find the original article though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50283719
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 9:35]

December election on 11:38 - Nov 5 with 755 viewsspell_chekker

December election on 09:17 - Nov 5 by BringBackTheRedRoom

About a week ago there was a leak of some internal polling that was done by the Tories which showed that the max number of seats they could win was 295. So seeing how far off the mark polls have been this decade I doubt that will be the result.

There was an article over the weekend that said it expected the difference in the cost of the spending plans of both main parties would be about 1% of GDP. Can't find the sodding thing now.

Edit....

Found this article with the soundbites, still can't find the original article though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50283719
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 9:35]

I find hippies to be a pretentious bunch Spud.

I prefer the old style 60s hippy to the mordern style ones who started appearing in the 90s..

December election on 12:38 - Nov 6 with 743 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 11:38 - Nov 5 by spell_chekker

I find hippies to be a pretentious bunch Spud.

I prefer the old style 60s hippy to the mordern style ones who started appearing in the 90s..

What a way to start an election campaign.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-50302173

December election on 19:19 - Nov 6 with 726 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 12:38 - Nov 6 by BringBackTheRedRoom

What a way to start an election campaign.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-50302173

And it's only day 1.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024