Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Room 101. 19:07 - Nov 26 with 1476 viewsbwildered

Apart from the football related Chairboys, MK Dons, Tractorboys and Shrimpers , what would you like to be committed to room 101 ?
Non footie related accepted .

Will start with canned laughter on TV shows, loud laughter and whooping sounds like the entire audience rolling about in the isles .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Room 101. on 20:02 - Nov 26 with 1172 viewsnoah4x4

Bradley Walsh saying "interesting" on Cash Trapped. He said it 13 times today. Bring back the Chase! Much more intelligent questions and more "interesting" format.

Also bring back Tenable. Is its replacement The Switch TV's most boring quiz show?

,....and whilst on the subject, adverts for walk in baths and lifting chairs. I am not in that audience just yet....
Room 101. on 20:29 - Nov 26 with 1163 viewsGOSBTS

Crystal Palace
Room 101. on 22:15 - Nov 26 with 1151 viewsLeadbelly

Politicians

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Room 101. on 22:22 - Nov 26 with 1150 viewsgerry_us

Room 101. on 20:02 - Nov 26 by noah4x4

Bradley Walsh saying "interesting" on Cash Trapped. He said it 13 times today. Bring back the Chase! Much more intelligent questions and more "interesting" format.

Also bring back Tenable. Is its replacement The Switch TV's most boring quiz show?

,....and whilst on the subject, adverts for walk in baths and lifting chairs. I am not in that audience just yet....

How about a stair lift then?
Room 101. on 03:03 - Nov 27 with 1137 viewspwrightsknees

Sports interviewers who ask "what does it mean to you...………………………….?
Room 101. on 21:17 - Nov 27 with 1090 viewsnoah4x4

Room 101. on 22:22 - Nov 26 by gerry_us

How about a stair lift then?

Good idea Gerry to the top of the South Stand please.

Was interesting to see Cheltenham FC stadium steps, same height, width and depth as JCS, but they have managed to install satisfactory hand rails.

......and OK, here, I am a geek, but I tested the local Vodafone 4G signal. It was an awesome 87 Mbps! I can’t get above 55 Mbps in Colchester when connected to my home router and 25 Mbps outdoors. At the JCS I often struggle to connect at any reasonable speed as local 4G is so poor. The Whaddon Road Jonny Rocks floodlights host multiple communications transmitters. The same could be done at the Community Stadium for the benefit of its community. Wonder if any carrier has ever enquired?

P.s Today, Bradley Walsh said “Interesting” five times in under six minutes before I changed channel. The only game strategy on Cash Trapped is block the fastest on button knowledgable opponent. It’s obvious after one round that most players have he/she sussed, so how is each such block “interesting”. Bring back the Chase and the Vixen. But Cash Trap Bradley in Room 101.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 21:27]
Room 101. on 21:24 - Nov 27 with 1082 viewsdurham_exile

Room 101. on 21:17 - Nov 27 by noah4x4

Good idea Gerry to the top of the South Stand please.

Was interesting to see Cheltenham FC stadium steps, same height, width and depth as JCS, but they have managed to install satisfactory hand rails.

......and OK, here, I am a geek, but I tested the local Vodafone 4G signal. It was an awesome 87 Mbps! I can’t get above 55 Mbps in Colchester when connected to my home router and 25 Mbps outdoors. At the JCS I often struggle to connect at any reasonable speed as local 4G is so poor. The Whaddon Road Jonny Rocks floodlights host multiple communications transmitters. The same could be done at the Community Stadium for the benefit of its community. Wonder if any carrier has ever enquired?

P.s Today, Bradley Walsh said “Interesting” five times in under six minutes before I changed channel. The only game strategy on Cash Trapped is block the fastest on button knowledgable opponent. It’s obvious after one round that most players have he/she sussed, so how is each such block “interesting”. Bring back the Chase and the Vixen. But Cash Trap Bradley in Room 101.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 21:27]

Noah you're a real party animal!

UTU's

Durham_exile

Room 101. on 21:29 - Nov 27 with 1081 viewsnoah4x4

Room 101. on 21:24 - Nov 27 by durham_exile

Noah you're a real party animal!

UTU's

Never been called boring, just lacking the ability to sit silent in a corner with fingers on lips......and another thing....a chicken fillet in a bun at Jonny Rocks gave me the shi5s.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 21:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Room 101. on 21:41 - Nov 27 with 1071 viewsdurham_exile

Room 101. on 21:29 - Nov 27 by noah4x4

Never been called boring, just lacking the ability to sit silent in a corner with fingers on lips......and another thing....a chicken fillet in a bun at Jonny Rocks gave me the shi5s.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 21:31]

Noah sorry to hear about the chicken.

The best Pie that I have tasted at a football match was the Steak and Potato pie at Rochdale.

The worst was the pie at Fleetwood.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Room 101. on 22:08 - Nov 27 with 1067 viewsnoah4x4

Oldham always did good pies.

I now refuse to buy anything at JCS. Greene King IPA is ghastly and nobody will fool me with “guest” real ales that are all sourced from the same shi5 brewery.

I also won’t pay £3.50 for a pie on a debit/credit card or loan Cowling money on a pre-paid card when every other football club I visit will accept my cash. Recently, it took me half an hour to find a important payment on a historic debit card statement because it was drowned under hundreds of cashless transactions. Biggest mistake, paying for £2.40 bus tickets by cashless. Pages of them!

So can “cashless football grounds” and Greene King dishwater be dumped in Room 101?
Room 101. on 22:12 - Nov 27 with 1064 viewsdurham_exile

Room 101. on 22:08 - Nov 27 by noah4x4

Oldham always did good pies.

I now refuse to buy anything at JCS. Greene King IPA is ghastly and nobody will fool me with “guest” real ales that are all sourced from the same shi5 brewery.

I also won’t pay £3.50 for a pie on a debit/credit card or loan Cowling money on a pre-paid card when every other football club I visit will accept my cash. Recently, it took me half an hour to find a important payment on a historic debit card statement because it was drowned under hundreds of cashless transactions. Biggest mistake, paying for £2.40 bus tickets by cashless. Pages of them!

So can “cashless football grounds” and Greene King dishwater be dumped in Room 101?

The trend for cashless is only likely to grow.

Early days but more clubs will follow suit.
UTU's

Durham_exile

Room 101. on 07:55 - Nov 28 with 1044 viewswessex_exile

Room 101. on 22:12 - Nov 27 by durham_exile

The trend for cashless is only likely to grow.

Early days but more clubs will follow suit.
UTU's

Maybe not in our lifetime, but I expect cash itself will one day be consigned to Room 101.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Room 101. on 09:32 - Nov 28 with 1041 viewsburnsieespana

Reality TV shows such as X factor and Come Dancing.
Room 101. on 10:37 - Nov 28 with 1036 viewsnoah4x4

Little Mix into Room 101.

Yet again more manufactured tripe music after the distinct early promise of Elton John and Lionel Ritchie. Can’t see any U’s fans I know attending.
Room 101. on 13:02 - Nov 28 with 1032 viewsMoor_Pinot

Room 101. on 10:37 - Nov 28 by noah4x4

Little Mix into Room 101.

Yet again more manufactured tripe music after the distinct early promise of Elton John and Lionel Ritchie. Can’t see any U’s fans I know attending.

Agree - any reality TV rubbish..... in fact quite a lot of current television programmes fit room 101.

Yep, fabricated talentless music groups and most rappers.

The production team of 'Later with Jools Holland' for wrecking a good format.

That new presenter on Springwatch who can't do it . Indeed just give Springwatch to Packham at ten pm and put the others on after 5 for the children.

Ipswich Town fc

Ipswich itself

Yes, Whalers, Politicians, all liars.

People like Tess Daly who gush and slaver over other people in false, patronising ways. Ugh.

French hunting laws

Those responsible for allowing the plastic in the sea problem to exacerbate

Ipswich Town supporters who live in Colchester

Poor quality real ales as opposed to those working hard in micros to make a better and cheaper product.

Diesel fumes.

Room 101 really is essential for to create a better world!

Moor Pinot

Room 101. on 14:12 - Nov 28 with 1026 viewsnoah4x4

Please send Smart Meters to Room 101

For two years I have been driven mad by emails and texts from my supplier wanting to fit a "free" Smart (gas) Meter having willingly selected a 'Smart Meter Tariff. I agree, a fitter arrives and tells me my existing meter needs a £500 adapter and that the distributor company won't pay for one and my gas supplier don't have any. Six months later the bombardment starts again and I get advised they now have a "new Mk II Smart Meter" that "resolves the problem". I agree, so, another fitter arrives, same problem. Recently, I gave consent for a third time. Same result, still no solution. If it is going to cost an additional £500 to convert meters on relatively modern houses (built 2002) how can Smart Meters ever be cost effective? Suggest more be instead invested in nuclear energy and offshore wind.
Room 101. on 14:24 - Nov 28 with 1022 viewswessex_exile

Room 101. on 14:12 - Nov 28 by noah4x4

Please send Smart Meters to Room 101

For two years I have been driven mad by emails and texts from my supplier wanting to fit a "free" Smart (gas) Meter having willingly selected a 'Smart Meter Tariff. I agree, a fitter arrives and tells me my existing meter needs a £500 adapter and that the distributor company won't pay for one and my gas supplier don't have any. Six months later the bombardment starts again and I get advised they now have a "new Mk II Smart Meter" that "resolves the problem". I agree, so, another fitter arrives, same problem. Recently, I gave consent for a third time. Same result, still no solution. If it is going to cost an additional £500 to convert meters on relatively modern houses (built 2002) how can Smart Meters ever be cost effective? Suggest more be instead invested in nuclear energy and offshore wind.

My smartmeter's been on the fritz for about 6 months now. Tried getting it resolved with British Gas, who really didn't have anything useful to add (they even suggested turning it off and leaving it in the meter box outside, because somehow that would teach the smartmeter who to talk to when transmitting!). Anyway, 6 months, and it would appear society hasn't broken down and I appear to somehow be coping without one - make space Room 101, smartmeter coming through...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Room 101. on 00:28 - Nov 29 with 991 viewsnoah4x4

Plastic 'Bags for life' to Room 101.

It was predictable that whilst we would see a massive reduction in (5p) single use bags there would be a rise in 'bags for life' that contain 5x as much plastic and get discarded a third as often. Time to do the maths.....?

Time for a return to paper bags from sustainable sources?

But that begs the question, how many EXTRA Col Utd programs end up in the trash bin since they became free? Many more people now take them, read them before the match, then litter the terraces. If we once again charged £3 only those that truly want them would purchase. The current route is a waste of paper resource and a waste of energy/ increase in manufacturing emissions by printing more than the true demand.
Room 101. on 17:39 - Dec 3 with 922 viewsbwildered

Celebrities who keep reminding us which PL club they support .

Room 101. on 14:05 - Dec 8 with 891 viewsMoor_Pinot

People who start every sentence or response with 'so' & or say 'can I get' instead of 'please may I have'.
America is taking over even the common language of many countries. French people say 'donc' before anything else too.

Room 101 please.

Moor Pinot

Room 101. on 19:44 - Dec 8 with 880 viewsnoah4x4

Room 101. on 14:05 - Dec 8 by Moor_Pinot

People who start every sentence or response with 'so' & or say 'can I get' instead of 'please may I have'.
America is taking over even the common language of many countries. French people say 'donc' before anything else too.

Room 101 please.

....in the UK, I hate it when kids start every sentence with ".....Like....". I just don't understand how it's become part of teenage vocabulary. Is it something to do with Social Media and "liking" a comment?

The Usual seems to have resisted "likes". Long may that continue.
Room 101. on 20:15 - Dec 8 with 878 viewsLeadbelly

Room 101. on 19:44 - Dec 8 by noah4x4

....in the UK, I hate it when kids start every sentence with ".....Like....". I just don't understand how it's become part of teenage vocabulary. Is it something to do with Social Media and "liking" a comment?

The Usual seems to have resisted "likes". Long may that continue.

Starting a sentence or response with “so”is very irritating. “May I have?” replaced by “Can I get?” or “I’ll take” equally so and the liberal scattering of “like” is lazy and probably reflects a limited vocabulary. I’m also increasingly annoyed by the omission of “to” and “the”, for instance “can we go Disneyland?” or “I’m going park” as if Disneyland or park had become adjectives.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Room 101. on 22:31 - Dec 8 with 863 viewsburnsieespana

It is Watts app/social media talk.
One word which annoys me is 'literally' used randomly in conversations!
Room 101. on 06:28 - Dec 9 with 851 viewsbwildered

Apart from people who do not know you eg appointments, those call you by your surname only rather than your Christian or nickname.

Room 101. on 15:07 - Dec 13 with 781 viewsbwildered

Pump hoarders .
Those who park by pump at service station then spend time walking up and down isles food shopping effectively putting pump out of order, while muggings here having to move lanes just to fill up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024