Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farnborough 22:25 - Dec 1 with 2361 viewsSaintNick

I always thought it was a nice town in Hampshire, turns out it is a bit of s****ole

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Farnborough on 22:28 - Dec 1 with 1092 viewsthis_charming_man

Really? It’s always been a sh1thole

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Would you rather

Farnborough on 22:28 - Dec 1 with 1092 viewsSaintNick

Farnborough on 22:28 - Dec 1 by this_charming_man

Really? It’s always been a sh1thole

I had never actually been there aside from going through it on the train until recently

Farnborough on 22:29 - Dec 1 with 1092 viewsBicester_North

North Hampshire is a strange place. Some beautiful areas but some absolute holes full of shady mockney types. Aldershot is a horrific night out.

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

Farnborough on 22:35 - Dec 1 with 1066 viewsOccasional_Showers

I'd also add Basingstoke to the list.

Poll: Greta Thunberg? Your view

Farnborough on 22:42 - Dec 1 with 1050 viewskingslandstand1

Farnborough on 22:29 - Dec 1 by Bicester_North

North Hampshire is a strange place. Some beautiful areas but some absolute holes full of shady mockney types. Aldershot is a horrific night out.

My first reaction on seeing the thread heading was to add Aldershot to the list but you beat me to it, but for your Aldershot I'll also add Fleet
Farnborough on 22:45 - Dec 1 with 1044 viewsSaintNick

Farnborough on 22:42 - Dec 1 by kingslandstand1

My first reaction on seeing the thread heading was to add Aldershot to the list but you beat me to it, but for your Aldershot I'll also add Fleet

Is Fleet Fc's firm called the Service Crew

Farnborough on 23:20 - Dec 1 with 1009 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Farnborough on 22:29 - Dec 1 by Bicester_North

It's because North Hampshire is a mix of commuting and an overspill.

Basingstoke has a bad reputation, but having lived there for 3 years, it's not as bad as people think - it has a LOT of stuff for families.

Farnborough is a f**king hole, as are Yateley, Aldershot and Camberley. Terrible little towns full of inbred morons who have only ever lived in those exact areas. Throw in the 'county lines' rubbish and it's been a recipe for disaster.

Fleet is a commuting hub to London and is as expensive as Winchester, if not more so. Mainly for the commuting links, but also for the schools and countryside.
There are some decent places to eat, but most of the pubs sadly attract the Farnborough/Aldershot/Yateley types because it's the better town.
But if you don't want to go out to pubs (I don't anymore), Fleet is a great place to bring up a family.

As a side note, Farnborough however, does have some very good private schools where a lot of the kids from Fleet go.
[Post edited 1 Dec 23:23]

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Farnborough on 23:32 - Dec 1 with 1000 viewsBicester_North

Farnborough on 23:20 - Dec 1 by Gennaro_Contaldo

It's because North Hampshire is a mix of commuting and an overspill.

Basingstoke has a bad reputation, but having lived there for 3 years, it's not as bad as people think - it has a LOT of stuff for families.

Farnborough is a f**king hole, as are Yateley, Aldershot and Camberley. Terrible little towns full of inbred morons who have only ever lived in those exact areas. Throw in the 'county lines' rubbish and it's been a recipe for disaster.

Fleet is a commuting hub to London and is as expensive as Winchester, if not more so. Mainly for the commuting links, but also for the schools and countryside.
There are some decent places to eat, but most of the pubs sadly attract the Farnborough/Aldershot/Yateley types because it's the better town.
But if you don't want to go out to pubs (I don't anymore), Fleet is a great place to bring up a family.

As a side note, Farnborough however, does have some very good private schools where a lot of the kids from Fleet go.
[Post edited 1 Dec 23:23]

The Lakeside darts used to be a bit of fun for a day out in a retro 1980’s way but I see that’s been moved to London now.

Login to get fewer ads

Farnborough on 23:34 - Dec 1 with 993 viewsthis_charming_man

Farnborough on 23:32 - Dec 1 by Bicester_North

The Lakeside darts used to be a bit of fun for a day out in a retro 1980’s way but I see that’s been moved to London now.

Know many saints in Bicester pal?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Would you rather

Farnborough on 23:39 - Dec 1 with 990 viewsBicester_North

Farnborough on 23:34 - Dec 1 by this_charming_man

Know many saints in Bicester pal?

Yes, I’m a founding member of the CRC, Cotswold Rail Cutters. If anyone thinks they can jog through here on a half marathon like they own the place they’ll be dealt with sunny.

Farnborough on 08:24 - Dec 2 with 847 views1teeminants

I was born in Aldershot and lived in Farnborough when I was a baby FFS So I don’t remember anything About it and can’t comment. My dad was in The Army and we were always on the move because he was posted all over the place.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Farnborough on 09:17 - Dec 2 with 811 viewsericofarabia

I used to love going to the airshows when i was a kid back in the late 60's early 70's. Even though it has always basically been a trade show, the general public were much better catered for, and the flying displays always had stuff like Lightnings, Vulcans, Phantoms and the prototype Concorde, which coupled with it being before elf and safety existed, gave you a close view and your whole body shook to the core as they roared by on full afterburners .... magic stuff. Apart from that only passed through on the train to Waterloo.

Farnborough on 10:06 - Dec 2 with 786 viewsGasGiant

Farnborough was home to the National Gas Turbine Establishment in the days when we had world leading technology industries. NGTE developed and tested jet engines, which helped ensure we had a world leading defence industry. Now it is gone and the site is some kind of "Business Park" for Price Comparison companies and Call Centres, The former RAE is now just an airport for Celebrity private planes, and we buy jets from the USA. So that's progress. And you have to go down to Farnham to find a decent pub, but the whole town supports Pompey for some reason I've never figured out.

Farnborough on 10:51 - Dec 2 with 763 viewsMytchettSaint

Farnborough is a positively lovely area compared to the part of West London I moved away from.
Aldershot though is an absolute hole.
I’m in Surrey Heath just over the Hampshire border. Camberley is chav central. I’d take Farnborough over that any day.
[Post edited 2 Dec 10:51]

I'm not ageing well if I'm honest.

Farnborough on 12:00 - Dec 2 with 728 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Farnborough on 10:06 - Dec 2 by GasGiant

Farnborough was home to the National Gas Turbine Establishment in the days when we had world leading technology industries. NGTE developed and tested jet engines, which helped ensure we had a world leading defence industry. Now it is gone and the site is some kind of "Business Park" for Price Comparison companies and Call Centres, The former RAE is now just an airport for Celebrity private planes, and we buy jets from the USA. So that's progress. And you have to go down to Farnham to find a decent pub, but the whole town supports Pompey for some reason I've never figured out.

You're talking about Pyestock I believe, that's where the Gas Turbine place was. It's now a new build estate of 1500 houses called "Hartland Village".

There are plenty of decent pubs in Fleet. Some more overpriced than others, but plenty of choice

Farnborough on 14:48 - Dec 2 with 644 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Top 10 worst towns in Hampshire: grouped together in urban areas for ease

Frimley
Aldershot
Farnborough
Camberley
Bordon

Southampton
Eastleigh
Totton

Gosport
Lee on Solent

Basingstoke escapes the list because the shopping is quite good.
[Post edited 2 Dec 14:49]

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Farnborough on 15:28 - Dec 2 with 613 viewsNumber_58

Farnborough on 14:48 - Dec 2 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Frimley
Aldershot
Farnborough
Camberley
Bordon

Southampton
Eastleigh
Totton

Gosport
Lee on Solent

Even a deluded Skate like you would surely include Waterlooville in that list? An utter dump.
Farnborough on 15:43 - Dec 2 with 603 viewssolent_toffee

Frimley
Aldershot
Farnborough
Camberley
Bordon

Southampton
Eastleigh
Totton

Gosport
Lee on Solent

Frimley is in Surrey surely?
Farnborough on 15:46 - Dec 2 with 598 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Farnborough on 15:28 - Dec 2 by Number_58

Even a deluded Skate like you would surely include Waterlooville in that list? An utter dump.

Waterlooville has got some rather nice houses in the vicinity of the shopping centre. The centre isn't that old and lacks character, but doesn't mean it gets in the top 10 worst places in Hampshire.

Farnborough on 15:46 - Dec 2 with 601 viewsBuggalugs

Farnborough on 15:43 - Dec 2 by solent_toffee

Frimley is in Surrey surely?

Yes, so is Camberley.

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

Farnborough on 15:52 - Dec 2 with 591 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Frimley
Aldershot
Farnborough
Camberley
Bordon

Southampton
Eastleigh
Totton

Gosport
Lee on Solent

Two of your towns are in Surrey.

Plus you've forgotten Andover which is a weird place. Bordon I'll give you - should be nearer the top, a very weird, backwards little place.

Farnborough on 15:53 - Dec 2 with 585 viewsdirk_doone

Farnborough on 15:46 - Dec 2 by Buggalugs

Yes, so is Camberley.

You have to bear in mind the fact that the person who posted that list is not very bright and doesn't live in this country so knows very little about its geography.
[Post edited 2 Dec 15:54]

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Farnborough on 15:55 - Dec 2 with 576 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Farnborough on 15:52 - Dec 2 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Two of your towns are in Surrey.

Plus you've forgotten Andover which is a weird place. Bordon I'll give you - should be nearer the top, a very weird, backwards little place.

Correct, but they are so close, they almost count. Andover will be a shoe-in for any vacated places, and possibly Tadley

Farnborough on 16:04 - Dec 2 with 557 viewsBuggalugs

Farnborough on 15:55 - Dec 2 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Correct, but they are so close, they almost count. Andover will be a shoe-in for any vacated places, and possibly Tadley

….and you wonder why people don't take you seriously.

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

Farnborough on 16:06 - Dec 2 with 552 viewsBicester_North

Farnborough on 15:55 - Dec 2 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

It’s shoo-in

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019