Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hampshire's greatest footballers 14:53 - Dec 20 with 22785 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Updated full list. Some very good players here. Of course Portsmouth gets the lions' share, but Southampton is a good second. I imagine that there is little dispute in this list, if we are basing it on facts and not bias.

1- 10 Top Draw
Portsmouth : Von Donop : Hampshire’s first ever superstar
Soton : Ted Drake : Good scoring rate, right time, right place
Portsmouth : Reg Flewin : One of only 6 captains to win post war back to back championships
Portsmouth : Peter Harris : Probably the highest ever scoring winger in England. Champion
Alton: Jimmy Dickinson : Mr consistency for club and country. Champion
Aldershot: Johnny Berry : In terms of trophies, tops the list. Champion
Portsmouth : Ray Crawford : Scored the goals to give Ipswich the Championship
Farnham : Peter Storey : Probably Hampshire’s hardest footballer, champion and serial winner
Greater Portsmouth : Bobby Tambling : In Chelsea’s greatest ever team. Impressive scoring rate
Portsmouth : Alex Chamberlain : Only player to win Europe’s highest accolade

10 — 20 : Excellent Players
New Alresford : Sir Christopher Rawlinson
Botley : Don Roper
Soton : Tom Parker
Greater Portsmouth : George Lilycrop
Portsmouth : Johnny Gordon
Winchester : Terry Paine
Soton : Martin Chivers
Portsmouth : Steve Foster
Soton : Darren Anderton
Winchester : Wayne Bridge

20 — 30 : Very good players
New Forest : Frank Jefferis
Soton : Peter Sillett
Aldershot : Bruce Rioch
Soton : Nick Holmes
New Forest : Kevin Reeves
Soton : Graham Roberts
Bournemouth : Paul Rideout
Greater Portsmouth : Kevin Pressman
New Forest : Jamie Redknapp
Basingstoke : Tom Cleverley

30 — 40 : Solid players
Farnborough : John Mortimore
Portsmouth : Phil Gunter
Portsmouth : Malcolm Waldron
Portsmouth : Bobby Stokes
Soton : Francis Benali
Romsey : Nigel Spackman
Portsmouth : Daryl Powell
Portsmouth Joel Ward
Portsmouth : James Ward Prowse
Portsmouth : Mason Mount

40 — 50 : Dependable players
Greater Portsmouth : Albert Mundy
Soton : John Sillett
Hartley Wintney : Archie turner
Portsmouth : David Jones
Winchester : Steve Guppy
Portsmouth : Steve Claridge
Basingstoke : Kit Symons
New Forest : Sam Vokes
Greater Portsmouth : Matt Ritchie
Petersfield : Calum Chambers

Final Tally :
Ports 21
Soton 9
NF 4, Winch 3, Aldershot 2, Basingstoke 2
Alton, Farnham, Botley, New Alresford, Farnborough, Bournemouth, Romsey, Petersfield, Hartley Wintney

[Post edited 20 Dec 2019 15:48]

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:02 - Mar 5 with 1532 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:00 - Mar 5 by this_charming_man

Oh I get it, the whole "Greater Portsmouth" thing was a joke was it

Why don't you just admit you didn't check the site properly

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:03 - Mar 5 with 1528 viewsthis_charming_man

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:02 - Mar 5 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Why don't you just admit you didn't check the site properly

I googles "Greater Portsmouth" the first link which I posted is to the Greater Portsmouth Chamber of Commerce in the US, which is the only mention of it. Not really sure what you're struggling with.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:04 - Mar 5 with 1526 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

This is almost as good as the Brian Howard comment

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:05 - Mar 5 with 1525 viewsthis_charming_man

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:04 - Mar 5 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

This is almost as good as the Brian Howard comment

Nothing tops having a list of Hampshire players where a good 10% of them aren't from Hampshire, mongboard classic that one

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:06 - Mar 5 with 1522 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

We are talking about the South Hampshire wikipage

South Hampshire in the UK

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:09 - Mar 5 with 1514 viewsthis_charming_man

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:06 - Mar 5 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

We are talking about the South Hampshire wikipage

South Hampshire in the UK

So you're not even talking about the page I linked. All over the place mate, going to be another bad day for you I can see. Luckily I'm busy in 5 mins for most of the day whilst you can spend yet another day on your rivals website talking about urban conurbations, fake places and players from the wrong county. Have fun hun x

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:11 - Mar 5 with 1508 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:09 - Mar 5 by this_charming_man

So you're not even talking about the page I linked. All over the place mate, going to be another bad day for you I can see. Luckily I'm busy in 5 mins for most of the day whilst you can spend yet another day on your rivals website talking about urban conurbations, fake places and players from the wrong county. Have fun hun x

Luckily for you, you've decided to clear off in 5 mins, because you couldn't work out the website in question was from the good ole US of A

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:12 - Mar 5 with 1506 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Brian Howard

Login to get fewer ads

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:15 - Mar 5 with 1503 viewsthis_charming_man

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:11 - Mar 5 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Luckily for you, you've decided to clear off in 5 mins, because you couldn't work out the website in question was from the good ole US of A

eh? I said it was the US in my first post and then in the second provided the address dopey, a USA address.

As I said in my link the only Greater Portsmouth mentioned are right there, in the US, not mention of Greater Portsmouth UK.

Not having a good week on here are you. HAve you seriously just mugged yourself off again because you didn't read my opening two posts properly?

[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 13:16]

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:19 - Mar 5 with 1493 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:15 - Mar 5 by this_charming_man

eh? I said it was the US in my first post and then in the second provided the address dopey, a USA address.

As I said in my link the only Greater Portsmouth mentioned are right there, in the US, not mention of Greater Portsmouth UK.

Not having a good week on here are you. HAve you seriously just mugged yourself off again because you didn't read my opening two posts properly?

[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 13:16]

You post edited your first message when you had spotted your mistake, but it was too late

Then you tried to cover it up with an address

Come on moosh, you're better than this

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:24 - Mar 5 with 1489 viewsthis_charming_man

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:19 - Mar 5 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

You post edited your first message when you had spotted your mistake, but it was too late

Then you tried to cover it up with an address

Come on moosh, you're better than this

Abosolute bollox, I edited not because it was a mistake, I changed a couple of words. If you check the times I edited it within seconds, hardly time to make another post and also check the website again. The other post with the address was 4 minutes after my edit, no cover up needed.

What part of "there is a Greater Portsmouth buts unfortunately for you it's in the US not Hampshire" are you struggling with? I even put the USA address of the place in the next post because I had no idea what you were on about! I always said it was in the US. Why the f*ck would post a link to Greater Portsmouth in Hampshire UK when there isn't one?

Stop making things up, you're embarrassing yourself.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 13:28]

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:30 - Mar 5 with 1474 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:24 - Mar 5 by this_charming_man

Abosolute bollox, I edited not because it was a mistake, I changed a couple of words. If you check the times I edited it within seconds, hardly time to make another post and also check the website again. The other post with the address was 4 minutes after my edit, no cover up needed.

What part of "there is a Greater Portsmouth buts unfortunately for you it's in the US not Hampshire" are you struggling with? I even put the USA address of the place in the next post because I had no idea what you were on about! I always said it was in the US. Why the f*ck would post a link to Greater Portsmouth in Hampshire UK when there isn't one?

Stop making things up, you're embarrassing yourself.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 13:28]

When do you ever edit your spelling mistakes? you're the worst speller on this site, and you just leave the mistakes there for all to read

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:34 - Mar 5 with 1470 viewsthis_charming_man

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:30 - Mar 5 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

When do you ever edit your spelling mistakes? you're the worst speller on this site, and you just leave the mistakes there for all to read

It’s quite tragic you’ve had to resort to making things up to cover over your greater Portsmouth embarrassment

Anyway got work to do, adios
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 13:34]

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:36 - Mar 5 with 1466 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:34 - Mar 5 by this_charming_man

It’s quite tragic you’ve had to resort to making things up to cover over your greater Portsmouth embarrassment

Anyway got work to do, adios
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 13:34]

Nobody is talking about the USA, and you know it

" I was editing my spelling mistakes" a first on this site in 5 years for TCM

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 21:57 - Mar 5 with 1412 viewsButty101

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 12:41 - Mar 5 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Probably because you never answer mine. Type in Portsmouth and Metropolitan and nothing comes up.

Type in Greater Portsmouth, and it comes up ; unlike these sites below which I have given you before, a job site, a political site, a travel site and a house buying site, all of which mention the term ‘Greater Portsmouth’. Why don’t these sites come up?

https://uk.linkedin.com/jobs/popular-jobs-greater-portsmouth-area
https://www.triphobo.com/places/widley-england-united-kingdom
https://fineandcountrydrayton.wordpress.com/page/2/
http://vote-2012.proboards.com/thread/8327/future-local-government-hampshire
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 12:45]

As you are posting more random links rather than answer the question,let me help you dumbo.
The reason that Wiki page comes up when searching for greater Portsmouth is because the page mentions Greater London and Portsmouth...

Ps type in lesser spotted Portsmouth in LinkedIn and see what you get... im suprised there’s no players from lesser spotted Portsmouth in your list

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 22:20 - Mar 5 with 1404 viewsdirk_doone

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 21:57 - Mar 5 by Butty101

As you are posting more random links rather than answer the question,let me help you dumbo.
The reason that Wiki page comes up when searching for greater Portsmouth is because the page mentions Greater London and Portsmouth...

Ps type in lesser spotted Portsmouth in LinkedIn and see what you get... im suprised there’s no players from lesser spotted Portsmouth in your list

Or type in Wurzel Portsmouth in Google and you'll get more results.

So, it turns out that 130 and his hero, John Petersfield Football Club Westwood, are just a pair of Worzel Gummidge tribute acts from the rural backwaters of Hampshire.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2020 9:36]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 11:17 - Mar 6 with 1338 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 21:57 - Mar 5 by Butty101

“The reason that Wiki page comes up when searching for greater Portsmouth is because the page mentions Greater London and Portsmouth...”

Yes, but all the websites above specifically mention ‘Greater Portsmouth’ and sometimes more than once, but don’t come up anywhere near the top searches.

Why is that? And yet the wiki page ; which mentions ‘ Greater London’ and also 'Portsmouth' comes up right near the top?

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 12:44 - Mar 6 with 1316 viewsButty101

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 11:17 - Mar 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

“The reason that Wiki page comes up when searching for greater Portsmouth is because the page mentions Greater London and Portsmouth...”

Yes, but all the websites above specifically mention ‘Greater Portsmouth’ and sometimes more than once, but don’t come up anywhere near the top searches.

Why is that? And yet the wiki page ; which mentions ‘ Greater London’ and also 'Portsmouth' comes up right near the top?

You are thicker than i initially thought... And that is saying something.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 13:09 - Mar 6 with 1302 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Hampshire's greatest footballers on 12:44 - Mar 6 by Butty101

You are thicker than i initially thought... And that is saying something.

No response there then?

Why is it that the South Hampshire wiki-page appears ABOVE another wiki-page?, namely

'Greater Portsmouth Regional Airport' - Wikipedia

So, now you have lost the argument with Wikipedia being such a popular site.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 11:30]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024