Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More racism 21:46 - Dec 22 with 8129 viewssaint22

Disgusting at spurs today
Pfa calling for a government investigation
Good luck getting Boris to look into that!
More racism on 22:09 - Dec 22 with 3012 viewsthis_charming_man

I’m not sure what good a government investigation would do. It’s not like there are load racists chants at every game by big sections of the crowd. It’s one or two individuals in crowds of 50-60,000. It comes down to the stewards being vigilant, the fans self policing, tighten sentencing and people won’t like it but stop giving it all so much publicity.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 22:10]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

More racism on 22:21 - Dec 22 with 2972 viewsRon11

More racism on 22:09 - Dec 22 by this_charming_man

I’m not sure what good a government investigation would do. It’s not like there are load racists chants at every game by big sections of the crowd. It’s one or two individuals in crowds of 50-60,000. It comes down to the stewards being vigilant, the fans self policing, tighten sentencing and people won’t like it but stop giving it all so much publicity.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 22:10]

Two women murdered in cold blood outside their house in Sussex is item number four on the BBC news at ten, but the headline news is a couple of tw*ts making monkey noises at a football match.
The world's gone nuts.
More racism on 22:41 - Dec 22 with 2970 viewsDorsetIan

It’s zero tolerance at long last. And about time too.

It wasn’t on the news because of the chanting. It was newsworthy because it was the first time the protocol was used in the Prem.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

More racism on 22:42 - Dec 22 with 2970 viewsthis_charming_man

More racism on 22:21 - Dec 22 by Ron11

Two women murdered in cold blood outside their house in Sussex is item number four on the BBC news at ten, but the headline news is a couple of tw*ts making monkey noises at a football match.
The world's gone nuts.

People won’t like it because it’s fashionable to be outraged by racism to prove you’re a nice person. The reality is though that it’s impossible to stop one or two individuals in crowds of 60,000 saying or doing something stupid after a few beers in the heat of of the moment. One person in a crowd of 60,000 doesn’t mean the country has a racist issue. Of course that person should be appropriately dealt with but really does it need all the publicity? What would a government investigation achieve?

More racism on 22:45 - Dec 22 with 2966 viewsthis_charming_man

More racism on 22:41 - Dec 22 by DorsetIan

It’s zero tolerance at long last. And about time too.

It wasn’t on the news because of the chanting. It was newsworthy because it was the first time the protocol was used in the Prem.

What zero tolerance? They made an announcement over the PA system, hardly ground breaking stuff.

More racism on 22:48 - Dec 22 with 2963 viewsSaintsforeverj

More racism on 22:42 - Dec 22 by this_charming_man

People won’t like it because it’s fashionable to be outraged by racism to prove you’re a nice person. The reality is though that it’s impossible to stop one or two individuals in crowds of 60,000 saying or doing something stupid after a few beers in the heat of of the moment. One person in a crowd of 60,000 doesn’t mean the country has a racist issue. Of course that person should be appropriately dealt with but really does it need all the publicity? What would a government investigation achieve?

I also think that the more they keep producing these campaigns with signs and flags, the more the idiots enjoy fighting against it being told what they can and can't say. The more we have multicoloured flags, arm bands for homophobia, the more some homophobic people enjoy being homophobic. It's attention isn't it. Like a naughty child. The more you say you cant do it, the more they do it.

Would it just not be better, to slap a 10 year sentence on anyone being racist or whatever if they really want to stop it. That would stop them. A few flags and campaigns won't stop these people. It will keep happening - that's the point. And I have my doubts as to whether they are actually racist or whatever, they just love the attention and fanfare that arises because of it and / or they are doing it to wind up the opposition player knowing it will send them into a frenzy - it's power.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 22:55]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

More racism on 22:53 - Dec 22 with 2945 viewsthis_charming_man

More racism on 22:48 - Dec 22 by Saintsforeverj

I also think that the more they keep producing these campaigns with signs and flags, the more the idiots enjoy fighting against it being told what they can and can't say. The more we have multicoloured flags, arm bands for homophobia, the more some homophobic people enjoy being homophobic. It's attention isn't it. Like a naughty child. The more you say you cant do it, the more they do it.

Would it just not be better, to slap a 10 year sentence on anyone being racist or whatever if they really want to stop it. That would stop them. A few flags and campaigns won't stop these people. It will keep happening - that's the point. And I have my doubts as to whether they are actually racist or whatever, they just love the attention and fanfare that arises because of it and / or they are doing it to wind up the opposition player knowing it will send them into a frenzy - it's power.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 22:55]

Completely agree. I’m pretty sure if such a big deal hadn’t been made about the 2 second monkey gesture at the Etihad a few weeks ago today’s wouldn’t have happened. I expect the fella who did had a few beers, remembered that and thought he’d be funny.

I’m always amazed in such a vile racist country there are thousands of black sportsmen, musicians, actors, etc who are all millionaires.

More racism on 22:57 - Dec 22 with 2935 viewsKennington

More racism on 22:42 - Dec 22 by this_charming_man

I’ve never felt the need to do monkey chants even after a few beers. Those people are absolute vermin and have no place in British society. It’s encouraging to see that footballers aren’t tolerating it anymore.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Login to get fewer ads

More racism on 23:04 - Dec 22 with 2930 viewsSaintsforeverj

More racism on 22:57 - Dec 22 by Kennington

I’ve never felt the need to do monkey chants even after a few beers. Those people are absolute vermin and have no place in British society. It’s encouraging to see that footballers aren’t tolerating it anymore.

They shouldn't do it, no. But, the person is probably more immature and stupid, looking for attention rather than racist. My point is explained above.

It is also just as bad to call someone four eyes, making rings around your eyes is it? Is it wrong to call a goal keeper you fat basta..d as that is offensive to fat people.

Main point is that if you want to stop it, slap a heavy sentence on it instead of campaigns that immature people love to fight against.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 23:06]

More racism on 23:06 - Dec 22 with 2927 viewsthis_charming_man

More racism on 22:57 - Dec 22 by Kennington

Congratulations on being one of the 59,999 At any match that wouldn’t either.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 23:09]

More racism on 23:20 - Dec 22 with 2859 viewsPatfromPoole

In the 1990’s, many an opposing fan used to sing “Where’s your caravan?” at Terry Hurlock.

Would that be headline-making stuff in this day and age?

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

More racism on 23:35 - Dec 22 with 2830 viewsSaintsforeverj

More racism on 23:20 - Dec 22 by PatfromPoole

In the 1990’s, many an opposing fan used to sing “Where’s your caravan?” at Terry Hurlock.

Would that be headline-making stuff in this day and age?

I remember a large section of Saints fans chanting to Rafa Benitez "You fat Spanish waiter" - Racist and offensive to fat people. Should that sort of chant result in an investigation? We have to distinguish between a joke, banter, wind up merchants and the real racist thugs.

[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 23:37]

More racism on 23:48 - Dec 22 with 2798 viewsDorsetIan

Every attempt by the authorities to tackle racism greeted with derision.

Every discussion of the subject dissolving into whataboutery.

Anyone would think that people didn’t want this stopped.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

More racism on 00:04 - Dec 23 with 2771 viewsSaintsforeverj

More racism on 23:48 - Dec 22 by DorsetIan

Or maybe there needs to be some intelligence here Ian. If we were told to never sing shoot the pompey scum ever again, I bet most of the ground would sing it in defiance. Waving flags won't stop someone being racist - in fact, the campaigns seem to have started it all up again. Precisely the result we didn't want. When all the players were wearing multi coloured bands to stop homophobia, it had the opposite effect - probably a bit if a laugh and dome attention for a few idiots. But I bet a heavy sentence would make people think twice,not a few flags and attention. The authorities attempt to deal with the issue isn't working, that's why it's treated with derision.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 0:06]

More racism on 00:11 - Dec 23 with 2743 viewsPatfromPoole

I personally dislike the way that football is being portrayed as a magnet for all that is wrong with society, just because of a few numbskulls.

Put 60,000 Momentum supporters or 60,000 Brexit campaigners on a march and see if you hear any less racism than there was at Tottenham today. I very much doubt it.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

More racism on 00:15 - Dec 23 with 2739 viewsSaintsforeverj

More racism on 00:11 - Dec 23 by PatfromPoole

I personally dislike the way that football is being portrayed as a magnet for all that is wrong with society, just because of a few numbskulls.

Put 60,000 Momentum supporters or 60,000 Brexit campaigners on a march and see if you hear any less racism than there was at Tottenham today. I very much doubt it.

I agree. In a huge crowd, we are talking about 2 or 3 individuals. Difficult to ensure that every single fan is behaving. There will always be a few idiots. The more fuss they make, the more it seems to happen.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 0:16]

More racism on 00:16 - Dec 23 with 2736 viewsthis_charming_man

What is there to tackle? There no national front marches anymore, no large parts of football stadiums chanting “n*gger” or throwing bananas like there were 30 years ago. You’re talking about 2 individuals in a crowd of 120,000 people if you combine the Man City and spurs games where there have been incidents. 0.00001% of the people at those games made a racist gesture or noise. I absolutely agree that anyone caught doing this should be hit with the toughest possible sentences but really doea 0.0001% of the match going population deserves all the attention it gets? Anyone would think there were BNP rally’s at every game the way it’s being reported

More racism on 00:18 - Dec 23 with 2714 viewsRon11

And "stormzy' says Britain is '100% racist' and you can 'suck my dick'.
That'll really calm it down.
Validating 'whataboutery'. Plenty of white people in this country paying out money to buy his shite masquerading as music and making him a millionaire, but we're 100% racist.
Fu king idiot.
More racism on 02:40 - Dec 23 with 2650 viewssledger

Two pi**ed up fans say something stupid to a player at a football match and everyone spits there dummy out nobody died for fu**a sake
More racism on 04:20 - Dec 23 with 2609 viewsMarcus_y

More racism on 02:40 - Dec 23 by sledger

Two pi**ed up fans say something stupid to a player at a football match and everyone spits there dummy out nobody died for fu**a sake

Yeah but Ian needs to show everyone how he is more diverse and tolerant than the rest of us with his show of faux outrage.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

More racism on 05:23 - Dec 23 with 2573 viewsdirk_doone

My first thought was, Spurs are losing 2-0 and now they're down to 10 men so a couple of their fans are trying to get the match abandoned.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

More racism on 07:34 - Dec 23 with 2460 viewsRednWight

If a player on the pitch can hear it then people near the idiot shouting must hear it
So they should report him , or better still tell him to shut up

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

More racism on 07:42 - Dec 23 with 2445 viewsVagina_Dentata

I don’t think people like this_Turkish_man, sledger or marcus_y are racist. You are, however, passive towards it and your rhetoric certainly enables it. No one, be they racist or a so called pc warrior, feigns outrage for effect. It doesn’t matter that it was only one or two people and no one died.

I do agree with Pat regards why football is always the target. Pissed up fans at ladies day or the rugby barely get a mention or are played for laughs. I suppose as the ‘National sport’, football represents the tribalism at play in a British society currently. Us and them from both sides.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

More racism on 07:54 - Dec 23 with 2403 viewssolent_toffee

More racism on 00:18 - Dec 23 by Ron11

And "stormzy' says Britain is '100% racist' and you can 'suck my dick'.
That'll really calm it down.
Validating 'whataboutery'. Plenty of white people in this country paying out money to buy his shite masquerading as music and making him a millionaire, but we're 100% racist.
Fu king idiot.

Stormzy didn’t say Britain was 100% racist. He was asked a question, is there racism in Britain today and he answered 100%.
More racism on 08:06 - Dec 23 with 2372 viewsthis_charming_man

More racism on 07:54 - Dec 23 by solent_toffee

Stormzy didn’t say Britain was 100% racist. He was asked a question, is there racism in Britain today and he answered 100%.

Yes there is by a very small section of society and it’s not just white people who are racist either.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024