Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More racism 21:46 - Dec 22 with 8128 viewssaint22

Disgusting at spurs today
Pfa calling for a government investigation
Good luck getting Boris to look into that!
More racism on 08:12 - Dec 23 with 960 viewssaint22

More racism on 22:53 - Dec 22 by this_charming_man

Completely agree. I’m pretty sure if such a big deal hadn’t been made about the 2 second monkey gesture at the Etihad a few weeks ago today’s wouldn’t have happened. I expect the fella who did had a few beers, remembered that and thought he’d be funny.

I’m always amazed in such a vile racist country there are thousands of black sportsmen, musicians, actors, etc who are all millionaires.

What’s that last paragraph meant to mean exactly?
I think your type are part of the problem here making light of a vile problem
More racism on 08:14 - Dec 23 with 952 viewsthis_charming_man

More racism on 08:12 - Dec 23 by saint22

What’s that last paragraph meant to mean exactly?
I think your type are part of the problem here making light of a vile problem

It’s quite obvious isn’t it pal?

I’m not making light of a vile problem, simply pointing out that however much people might wish for utopia there will always be the odd c8nt in any group of thousands of people. You’re part of the problem actually, every time there is a report of an incident you’re all over out desperate to shoe how offended you are by it.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 8:15]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

More racism on 08:23 - Dec 23 with 941 viewsHeisenberg

More racism on 08:06 - Dec 23 by this_charming_man

Yes there is by a very small section of society and it’s not just white people who are racist either.

A very small section of society is racist ? How do you know ? Unless you have experienced it you don't know. Oh and you can add our glorious peoples prime minister to that exclusive club. Piccaninnies with water melon smiles wasn't it ?

Racism is rife is this country. The sneering bile spouted out by far right thugs is thank goodness a tiny minority. But sadly lots of people still hold onto views that are based on ignorance and fear that stem from this countries empire past. Things are improving but when the apologists on here looking to make excuses or say it's only one or two pissed up fans are also part of the problem.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

More racism on 08:32 - Dec 23 with 924 viewsthis_charming_man

More racism on 08:23 - Dec 23 by Heisenberg

A very small section of society is racist ? How do you know ? Unless you have experienced it you don't know. Oh and you can add our glorious peoples prime minister to that exclusive club. Piccaninnies with water melon smiles wasn't it ?

Racism is rife is this country. The sneering bile spouted out by far right thugs is thank goodness a tiny minority. But sadly lots of people still hold onto views that are based on ignorance and fear that stem from this countries empire past. Things are improving but when the apologists on here looking to make excuses or say it's only one or two pissed up fans are also part of the problem.

So I can’t know anything about racism because I’ve never experienced it but you can because you’ve seen a few things said by a couple of far right groups on the telly and you’ve made a lot of assumptions about people’s views that you dont know, okay then.

More racism on 08:34 - Dec 23 with 922 viewsPatfromPoole

I strongly feel that the UK is one of the least racist countries in Europe. We are light years away from where this country was in the 1980’s.

I don’t feel that saying it’s one or two drunk numbskulls means you are part of the problem. Education doesn’t magically work overnight with some people sadly.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

More racism on 08:39 - Dec 23 with 916 viewssaint22

More racism on 08:14 - Dec 23 by this_charming_man

It’s quite obvious isn’t it pal?

I’m not making light of a vile problem, simply pointing out that however much people might wish for utopia there will always be the odd c8nt in any group of thousands of people. You’re part of the problem actually, every time there is a report of an incident you’re all over out desperate to shoe how offended you are by it.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 8:15]

No pal, its not utopia wanting people to refrain from singling people out due to their race or skin colour
There will always be idiots who get drunk and call people names, these days more than ever in this country, but it needn't be related to their skin colour
The fact you try to justify it as 'its a minority" means you are part of the problem

Look at our new leader and the hate he feeds
More racism on 08:43 - Dec 23 with 911 viewsDorsetIan

More racism on 08:34 - Dec 23 by PatfromPoole

I strongly feel that the UK is one of the least racist countries in Europe. We are light years away from where this country was in the 1980’s.

I don’t feel that saying it’s one or two drunk numbskulls means you are part of the problem. Education doesn’t magically work overnight with some people sadly.

This is being driven by the players. They have decided that they are no longer going to put up with ‚one or two drunk numbskulls‘ (I.e. zero tolerance) and the football authorities are finally agreeing with them and trying to do something about it.

I really don’t see what the problem is with this.

And it’s always the same people on hear complaining about anything to do with diversity. Its a bit weird and obsessive.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

More racism on 08:44 - Dec 23 with 910 viewsHeisenberg

More racism on 08:32 - Dec 23 by this_charming_man

So I can’t know anything about racism because I’ve never experienced it but you can because you’ve seen a few things said by a couple of far right groups on the telly and you’ve made a lot of assumptions about people’s views that you dont know, okay then.

Your comment about black millionaires says it all. Every time there is a racist incident you are the first on here to start making excuses for it or belittle it.

Agree with Pats comments below though. We are better than a lot of other countries but there is still a long way to go.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Login to get fewer ads

More racism on 09:03 - Dec 23 with 899 viewsthis_charming_man

More racism on 08:44 - Dec 23 by Heisenberg

Your comment about black millionaires says it all. Every time there is a racist incident you are the first on here to start making excuses for it or belittle it.

Agree with Pats comments below though. We are better than a lot of other countries but there is still a long way to go.

If this country was racist then how would there be so many millionaire and famous black people that are hero worshiped by millions?

why, what does it say?
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 9:06]

More racism on 09:05 - Dec 23 with 898 viewsthis_charming_man

More racism on 08:39 - Dec 23 by saint22

No pal, its not utopia wanting people to refrain from singling people out due to their race or skin colour
There will always be idiots who get drunk and call people names, these days more than ever in this country, but it needn't be related to their skin colour
The fact you try to justify it as 'its a minority" means you are part of the problem

Look at our new leader and the hate he feeds

Not trying to justify it, just pointing a few facts and a bit of reality. It's funny how when presented with some facts people get all angry and say that those that do it try and justify it.

More racism on 09:24 - Dec 23 with 876 viewsDorsetIan

More racism on 09:05 - Dec 23 by this_charming_man

Not trying to justify it, just pointing a few facts and a bit of reality. It's funny how when presented with some facts people get all angry and say that those that do it try and justify it.

Maybe you‘ve got no insight, but you are pretty obsessed by all things ‚diversity‘.

Why not let the anti-racists get on with it instead of trying to belittle their efforts all the time?

More racism on 09:30 - Dec 23 with 869 viewsthis_charming_man

More racism on 09:24 - Dec 23 by DorsetIan

Maybe you‘ve got no insight, but you are pretty obsessed by all things ‚diversity‘.

Why not let the anti-racists get on with it instead of trying to belittle their efforts all the time?

If things are as bad as you and your like make out the current approach isn't working. Afterall we've got all the ones like yourself, 22 and Hesingberg absolutely desperate to tell us every time there is an incident anywhere how racist this country is. Perhaps it's time for a new approach?

More racism on 09:38 - Dec 23 with 862 viewsVagina_Dentata

The problem is they constantly come up against people like you: people who are desperate to feign ignorance of racism and bigotry; people who are desperate to show their distain by regularly posting about jam rags and tranny flags on multiple forums; people who are desperate to display their ignorance through whataboutery; people who don’t understand that whilst our country is better than most in Europe, that means there can still be a problem; people who reduce racism down to “sticks and stones may break my bones” as if it’s a playground insult; people who enable the racism of others by passing it off as a non-issue.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 9:39]

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

More racism on 09:39 - Dec 23 with 857 viewsthis_charming_man

More racism on 09:38 - Dec 23 by Vagina_Dentata

The problem is they constantly come up against people like you: people who are desperate to feign ignorance of racism and bigotry; people who are desperate to show their distain by regularly posting about jam rags and tranny flags on multiple forums; people who are desperate to display their ignorance through whataboutery; people who don’t understand that whilst our country is better than most in Europe, that means there can still be a problem; people who reduce racism down to “sticks and stones may break my bones” as if it’s a playground insult; people who enable the racism of others by passing it off as a non-issue.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 9:39]

Pipe down Percy.

More racism on 09:42 - Dec 23 with 852 viewsVagina_Dentata

No riposte. I thought as much.

More racism on 09:44 - Dec 23 with 843 viewsthis_charming_man

More racism on 09:42 - Dec 23 by Vagina_Dentata

No riposte. I thought as much.

I never said there wasn't a problem, so that renders the rest of your post pointless. Nice attempt at strawman though.

More racism on 09:49 - Dec 23 with 830 viewsVagina_Dentata

More racism on 09:44 - Dec 23 by this_charming_man

I never said there wasn't a problem, so that renders the rest of your post pointless. Nice attempt at strawman though.

The post was made entirely of quotes from you.

Although I missed off how can there be racism when we have black millionaires - which was a particularly simple take, even for you.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 9:53]

More racism on 10:09 - Dec 23 with 802 viewsMarcus_y

More racism on 08:23 - Dec 23 by Heisenberg

Instead of listen to bullshit politicians and racist action groups that pretend to be anti racist, why not ask a black person or person of mixed race......such as myself.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

More racism on 10:14 - Dec 23 with 794 viewsSonicBoom

Gotta say I am with TCM on this one. I don't see that anything he said isn't common sense.
There is far less racism at football now than there ever has been. Fact.
TCM also said that any racism is totally unacceptable so he's clearly not condoned it or made apologies for it.

I'd say that football isn't racist. Some people that go to football are racist. Those people are racist all day every day but they feel like they can let it out at football.

What the hell can a football club do if some retard turns up, pays his money then makes monkey noises at a player? you can't stop them before they've done it.

If you abandon the game then footballs dead. Who is going to buy a ticket when it is only going to take one person to do something stupid for the entire game to be called off?

You cannot stop people shouting stuff. All football can do is everything in their power to identify who it was and this must be aided by the fans.
The real issue is one for society and government to educate the retards so they are not racist before they ever buy a ticket. Football cannot solve societies ills.
More racism (n/t) on 10:18 - Dec 23 with 780 viewsthis_charming_man

More racism on 09:49 - Dec 23 by Vagina_Dentata

The post was made entirely of quotes from you.

Although I missed off how can there be racism when we have black millionaires - which was a particularly simple take, even for you.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 9:53]

You also managed to not include the ones where I said it was an issue, that those arrested should be dealt with, Funny that.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 10:21]

More racism on 10:24 - Dec 23 with 749 viewsDorsetIan

More racism on 09:30 - Dec 23 by this_charming_man

If things are as bad as you and your like make out the current approach isn't working. Afterall we've got all the ones like yourself, 22 and Hesingberg absolutely desperate to tell us every time there is an incident anywhere how racist this country is. Perhaps it's time for a new approach?

EUFA are implementing a 'new approach' to combat racism from supporters. Here it is:

How Uefa's racism protocol works
1. Stop the match and instruct stadium authorities to read out an announcement, calling on spectators to stop;2. If this announcement does not work, make another announcement, suspend the match and send the players to the dressing rooms for a specific period;3. After consultation, abandon the match if the discriminatory behaviour still does not cease or breaks out again.

Pretty balanced really isn't. Yesterday they didn't have to abandon the match, so it looks likes steps 1 & 2 worked.

What 'new approach' would you have preferred they adopted. This?:

'Come on Rudiger, there are 60,000 in this stadium and you're complaining about 2 idiots! Get some perspective you snowflake, you must agree that on balance there is almost no racism in this stadium. Actually Rudiger, you are the racist because you're drawing attention to race when you should just be colour blind. You're sent off...'

More racism on 10:31 - Dec 23 with 735 viewsthis_charming_man

More racism on 10:14 - Dec 23 by SonicBoom

Gotta say I am with TCM on this one. I don't see that anything he said isn't common sense.
There is far less racism at football now than there ever has been. Fact.
TCM also said that any racism is totally unacceptable so he's clearly not condoned it or made apologies for it.

I'd say that football isn't racist. Some people that go to football are racist. Those people are racist all day every day but they feel like they can let it out at football.

What the hell can a football club do if some retard turns up, pays his money then makes monkey noises at a player? you can't stop them before they've done it.

If you abandon the game then footballs dead. Who is going to buy a ticket when it is only going to take one person to do something stupid for the entire game to be called off?

You cannot stop people shouting stuff. All football can do is everything in their power to identify who it was and this must be aided by the fans.
The real issue is one for society and government to educate the retards so they are not racist before they ever buy a ticket. Football cannot solve societies ills.

The trouble is that if you don't show how angry and disgusting it all is then people say your condoning it. Like you and other say, in a crowd of 60,000 people what can a club do to stop one person being a knob? What they can do though is to make sure once someone has been convicted make sure they are dealt with properly.

I genuinely don't think the current blaze of publicity any incident is given helps. every time something happens its all over the news, pundits giving their view, calls for mass investigations. IF there were sections of crowds chanting racist songs or making monkey noises then that is different, but there isn't, youre talking about one or two individuals in a crowds of 50,000 people or more. It should come down to zero tolerance by the clubs and authorities and fans being self policing.

More racism on 10:33 - Dec 23 with 732 viewsDorsetIan

More racism on 09:44 - Dec 23 by this_charming_man

You agree that there's a problem but you think its importance is overblown.

You offer no solutions of your own but mock those who try to do something about it.

Thanks for your help TCM in the historic fight against racism. Good to have you onboard.

More racism on 10:37 - Dec 23 with 729 viewsthis_charming_man

More racism on 10:24 - Dec 23 by DorsetIan

EUFA are implementing a 'new approach' to combat racism from supporters. Here it is:

How Uefa's racism protocol works
1. Stop the match and instruct stadium authorities to read out an announcement, calling on spectators to stop;2. If this announcement does not work, make another announcement, suspend the match and send the players to the dressing rooms for a specific period;3. After consultation, abandon the match if the discriminatory behaviour still does not cease or breaks out again.

Pretty balanced really isn't. Yesterday they didn't have to abandon the match, so it looks likes steps 1 & 2 worked.

What 'new approach' would you have preferred they adopted. This?:

'Come on Rudiger, there are 60,000 in this stadium and you're complaining about 2 idiots! Get some perspective you snowflake, you must agree that on balance there is almost no racism in this stadium. Actually Rudiger, you are the racist because you're drawing attention to race when you should just be colour blind. You're sent off...'

Unfortunately the ridiculous second half of your post ruins any sensible points you may be trying to make.

The UEFA approach would work for large sections of the crowd chanting racism, but it will only work if they then follow it up by identifying and banning those responsible and if the teams actually walk off, the England team didn't recently when subject to racism so it kinds of makes the process impotent.

But of course in England we are not talking about large groups of fans, we are talking about individuals making a gesture or noise and I've already made my view on how to deal with it several times on this thread. Stop giving it so much publicity, identify the person either by stewards and policing being vigilant or fans self policing and deal with them in the appropriate manner, not hard is it.

More racism on 10:49 - Dec 23 with 719 viewsSonicBoom

More racism on 10:37 - Dec 23 by this_charming_man

Unfortunately the ridiculous second half of your post ruins any sensible points you may be trying to make.

The UEFA approach would work for large sections of the crowd chanting racism, but it will only work if they then follow it up by identifying and banning those responsible and if the teams actually walk off, the England team didn't recently when subject to racism so it kinds of makes the process impotent.

But of course in England we are not talking about large groups of fans, we are talking about individuals making a gesture or noise and I've already made my view on how to deal with it several times on this thread. Stop giving it so much publicity, identify the person either by stewards and policing being vigilant or fans self policing and deal with them in the appropriate manner, not hard is it.

I think it is pretty hard. The culprit is usually some middle aged white moron who has had a few so unless you are of a certain mindset then pointing him out to the stewards could be intimidating. Particularly if they don't get banned and are there again the following week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024