Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A gamechanger - the EU must get real. 08:12 - Jan 3 with 1715 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

The EU - up till the December UK election ....... "Let's face it - with the considerable help of our MP's in our own parliament " the EU have Just pushed the UK around - treating us like Shit and humiliating us on every occasion they could -- BUT In just weeks the EU will lose 10% of its income, 12% of its population, and 13% of its total GDP ......

YES, FOLKS with 26 other countries SUPPOSE to be contributing — THE UK PAYS 13% OF THE WHOLE OF THE EU BILLS, with the unelected bureaucrat increasing the EU's budget YET AGAIN !!!!!!!! - NOW because Britain is leaving ... it's time for them to be realistic about a trade deal!

EU insiders convinced themselves that former Commons Speaker, John Bercow, and his allies would see off Boris Johnson’s premiership, take control of Parliament and push through a second referendum, perhaps aided by the Labour Party. Soon, they said, the Brexit nightmare would be over.

Well, we know how that worked out. They had not taken into account the most immovable obstacle of all: the will of the British people.

So now the EU finds itself in an unprecedented situation, facing a newly elected Prime Minister with a whopping majority and a popular mandate to get the whole business done and dusted as quickly and ruthlessly as possible.

I wonder why they have been resisting - the UK leaving?

[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 9:22]

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 10:20 - Jan 3 with 1657 viewssaint68

I'm sure the Germans will pick up the slack.

If they dont then it will all start to unravel, and obviously the German economy is quite dependent on it's trade with the uk, so it's in Germany's interest more than any other to negotiate a smooth and fair trade deal going forward.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 10:50 - Jan 3 with 1642 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 10:20 - Jan 3 by saint68

I'm sure the Germans will pick up the slack.

If they dont then it will all start to unravel, and obviously the German economy is quite dependent on it's trade with the uk, so it's in Germany's interest more than any other to negotiate a smooth and fair trade deal going forward.

Another good point 68 - The attitude of the EU negotiators will now HAVE to change -- I and nobody else wishes to leave without a deal -- but thank god it's there to use -- against the EU DICTATORS - We now have the upper hand! they must now start REAL negotiations with real proper negotiators - and not the weak-willed/spinless no-hopers - that have supposedly been fighting our corner up until now ....... or we could just walk away - and they don't receive any money? which incidentally they can't afford to do! because their budget needs to be covered? .................... they now have to ask the other countries to fill the shortfall - good luck with that one!

Think if the MP's had carried out " What the parties said that they will carry out and grant " The will of the people " How many BILLIONS would we have saved?

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 13:41 - Jan 4 with 1557 viewsDeargDoom

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 10:50 - Jan 3 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Another good point 68 - The attitude of the EU negotiators will now HAVE to change -- I and nobody else wishes to leave without a deal -- but thank god it's there to use -- against the EU DICTATORS - We now have the upper hand! they must now start REAL negotiations with real proper negotiators - and not the weak-willed/spinless no-hopers - that have supposedly been fighting our corner up until now ....... or we could just walk away - and they don't receive any money? which incidentally they can't afford to do! because their budget needs to be covered? .................... they now have to ask the other countries to fill the shortfall - good luck with that one!

Think if the MP's had carried out " What the parties said that they will carry out and grant " The will of the people " How many BILLIONS would we have saved?

Contibutions to the EU budget are based on population of each member state. UK actually contributed 11.88% in 2018, while Germany contributed 20.78% and France 15.58%. EU have not pushed the UK around in any way shape or form. Most of the rest of your post is utter bollocks, but you know that don't you. Fed on the lies of Farage, Rees-Mogg, Johnson and Cummings.
A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 16:50 - Jan 4 with 1492 viewsBazza

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 13:41 - Jan 4 by DeargDoom

Contibutions to the EU budget are based on population of each member state. UK actually contributed 11.88% in 2018, while Germany contributed 20.78% and France 15.58%. EU have not pushed the UK around in any way shape or form. Most of the rest of your post is utter bollocks, but you know that don't you. Fed on the lies of Farage, Rees-Mogg, Johnson and Cummings.

Doom, you are wrong about about the UK being pushed around by the rest of the EU. Germany/France block voting has frequently out-voted the UK.
In any case the UK have to put up with the numerous eastern countries (who are net recipients of EU funding) generally supporting their Ger/Fra paymasters.

As far as lying concerned, you'd be hard pushed to find Farage and Rees-Mogg lying no matter what you think of them.
A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 09:27 - Jan 5 with 1364 viewssaint68

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 13:41 - Jan 4 by DeargDoom

France seems to be getting a pretty bad deal if your calculations are correct, the uk and France have a population that is virtually identical (within one million) and yet they're paying nearly 3.5% more...

The rest of your post is more unsubstantiated ranting and character assassination.

The fact remains that Germany will be the nation burdened with picking up the slack, and therefore it will need to have a frictionless and tariff free association with the uk, if not it will be the catalyst for a complete collapse of the EU and Euro currency.

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 09:31 - Jan 5 with 1361 viewsJaySaint

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 09:27 - Jan 5 by saint68

France seems to be getting a pretty bad deal if your calculations are correct, the uk and France have a population that is virtually identical (within one million) and yet they're paying nearly 3.5% more...

The rest of your post is more unsubstantiated ranting and character assassination.

The fact remains that Germany will be the nation burdened with picking up the slack, and therefore it will need to have a frictionless and tariff free association with the uk, if not it will be the catalyst for a complete collapse of the EU and Euro currency.

France is screwed. They have MASSIVE problems heading their way in the coming years!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 09:43 - Jan 5 with 1352 viewssaint68

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 09:31 - Jan 5 by JaySaint

France is screwed. They have MASSIVE problems heading their way in the coming years!

The last year has seen countless strikes,riots and civil disobedience right across France, the only incident that calmed the situation (ironically) was the burning of the Notre Dam Cathedral, suspicious as it was.

Macron's not at all popular and Marine Le Pen's party are picking up new voters all the time, couple that with regular attacks on it's citizens from religious maniacs, it's not in great shape at all.

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 10:06 - Jan 5 with 1330 viewsgrumpy

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 09:27 - Jan 5 by saint68

'the catalyst for a complete collapse of the EU'
This in no way will be advantageous to the UK.
The UK that will be struggling to keep its self together(Scotland and Ireland) and is so terrified of upsetting the US because it will be so desperate to do a trade deal with.
Login to get fewer ads

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 10:18 - Jan 5 with 1318 viewssaint68

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 10:06 - Jan 5 by grumpy

'the catalyst for a complete collapse of the EU'
This in no way will be advantageous to the UK.
The UK that will be struggling to keep its self together(Scotland and Ireland) and is so terrified of upsetting the US because it will be so desperate to do a trade deal with.

The problem started in Brussels and they chose to ignore the UK and dismiss Cameron's attempts at changing some policies that would have left the uk firmly in the EU.

So what if Scotland wants independence, I'd give it to them tomorrow, and if they do get another referendum it will no doubt be the same as the last one...they huff and puff about being independent and when given the choice the Scottish people remember where the financial support comes from...and surprise surprise they vote to remain.

The EU is a mess and will slowly unravel, trying to remain in such a ridiculous union was doomed to fail, England will prosper and I'm English and proud, not a soppy europhile living in cloud cuckoo land.

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 12:17 - Jan 5 with 1284 viewsgrumpy

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 10:18 - Jan 5 by saint68

The problem started in Brussels and they chose to ignore the UK and dismiss Cameron's attempts at changing some policies that would have left the uk firmly in the EU.

So what if Scotland wants independence, I'd give it to them tomorrow, and if they do get another referendum it will no doubt be the same as the last one...they huff and puff about being independent and when given the choice the Scottish people remember where the financial support comes from...and surprise surprise they vote to remain.

The EU is a mess and will slowly unravel, trying to remain in such a ridiculous union was doomed to fail, England will prosper and I'm English and proud, not a soppy europhile living in cloud cuckoo land.

I agree with the first paragraph.
Given another referendum the Scots will get independence.
The Union we should care about is our own.
The EU would be better with us in it.
A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 12:28 - Jan 5 with 1278 views1885_SFC

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 12:17 - Jan 5 by grumpy

I agree with the first paragraph.
Given another referendum the Scots will get independence.
The Union we should care about is our own.
The EU would be better with us in it.

According to all the recent large scale polls - 51% of Scots would vote remain & 49% would vote for independence. That's excluding all the "don't knows". Although it's a close run thing - don't assume the Scots would vote Leave. The gobshíte Sturgeon would have us all believe otherwise of course....

Old School is Cool

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 17:26 - Jan 5 with 1214 viewsgrumpy

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 12:28 - Jan 5 by 1885_SFC

According to all the recent large scale polls - 51% of Scots would vote remain & 49% would vote for independence. That's excluding all the "don't knows". Although it's a close run thing - don't assume the Scots would vote Leave. The gobshíte Sturgeon would have us all believe otherwise of course....

I suggest that the"don't knows" could well be influenced by the government going to war in the middle east.
A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 17:27 - Jan 5 with 1211 viewsJaySaint

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 17:26 - Jan 5 by grumpy

I suggest that the"don't knows" could well be influenced by the government going to war in the middle east.

LOL, going to war

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 17:28 - Jan 5 with 1203 viewsgrumpy

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 17:27 - Jan 5 by JaySaint

LOL, going to war

I don't find it funny.
Remember how the first world war started?
A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 17:34 - Jan 5 with 1197 viewsJaySaint

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 17:28 - Jan 5 by grumpy

I don't find it funny.
Remember how the first world war started?

we are not going to war..
All the rhetoric is for public consumption.

anyway, we (the UK) have not done anything have we?!

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 17:41 - Jan 5 with 1186 viewsgrumpy

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 17:34 - Jan 5 by JaySaint

we are not going to war..
All the rhetoric is for public consumption.

anyway, we (the UK) have not done anything have we?!

'All the rhetoric is for public consumption'
Are you serious?
We haven't done anything,no but what are we going to do?
Can you see Boris condemning Trump?
In the middle east we are seen as the US lap dog.
Hence the burning of the union jack alongside the stars and stripes.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 17:44]
A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 17:46 - Jan 5 with 1175 viewsJaySaint

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 17:41 - Jan 5 by grumpy

'All the rhetoric is for public consumption'
Are you serious?
We haven't done anything,no but what are we going to do?
Can you see Boris condemning Trump?
In the middle east we are seen as the US lap dog.
Hence the burning of the union jack alongside the stars and stripes.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 17:44]

Yes, there will not be war.

Iran may strike another Saudi oil field or their terrorist friends may lob more rockets into israel. or more car bombs going off in some hell-hole town out there

none of it is new.

This talk of all out war is utterly laughable. Do you really think Iran (or any other nation on earth) is going to duff it out with the USA?

in his last 12 months of office, Obama dropped over 25,000 bombs onto ME countries. Weirdly, the world hardly batted an eye lid..
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 17:50]

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 17:48 - Jan 5 with 1169 viewsgrumpy

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 17:46 - Jan 5 by JaySaint

Yes, there will not be war.

Iran may strike another Saudi oil field or their terrorist friends may lob more rockets into israel. or more car bombs going off in some hell-hole town out there

none of it is new.

This talk of all out war is utterly laughable. Do you really think Iran (or any other nation on earth) is going to duff it out with the USA?

in his last 12 months of office, Obama dropped over 25,000 bombs onto ME countries. Weirdly, the world hardly batted an eye lid..
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 17:50]

Its not just Iran tho is it?
A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 17:40 - Jan 23 with 978 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 10:18 - Jan 5 by saint68

I totally agree 68 - If the pompous self-centered none elected EU bureaucrats in Brussells had given Cameron minute concessions - the majority of the UK! would have voted to remain! Thank god they were so arrogant! ................ so WHO will be covering our considerable contributions? Germany is officially IN RECESSION - France seems to be heading to same way - Greece has been bailed out 3 times - which they CANNOT payback! Italy & Spain have high unemployment - and the eastern European countries rely on EU for handouts ................ we will be far better off out and we can now sprint ahead and the UK be A fantastic economic & financially success - and look after and care for everyone in the UK - view and look on as the E.U. falls apart and disintegrates - a failed EU manufactured for failed politicians to earn vast amounts of money coupled with a MASSIVE pension that just like the Euro will never ever work successfully - and Yes we PAY !!!! IT would have a chance IF all the economies of the various countries were roughly equal.

A gamechanger - the EU must get real. on 18:05 - Jan 23 with 943 viewsOccasional_Showers

I was reading a brilliant piece by Rupert Lowe this week. Basically he said do a trade with the USA and start importing more American goods. The EU will then come under enormous pressure to get a free trade deal done by EU businesses that are losing trade.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 18:07]

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024