Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Efl Trophy 09:40 - Jan 9 with 1825 viewsdingdangblue

Noticed it was the 3rd round of knockout stage last night. City U23's went out away at Scunthorpe. Only Leicester U23's remain in the competition out of the Premier League Academies. One thing I did notice was a certain Jacob Bedeau in the Scunthorpe team. Signed on a free transfer from Aston Villa. He was the bury defender bought a couple of years ago, age 17 for a reported fee of £900,000 plus add ons.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Efl Trophy on 10:10 - Jan 9 with 1770 viewselectricblue

Is he related to Tony Bedeau!!!!!!!!!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Efl Trophy on 10:15 - Jan 9 with 1763 viewsdingdangblue

Efl Trophy on 10:10 - Jan 9 by electricblue

Is he related to Tony Bedeau!!!!!!!!!

I did wonder that, probably around the right age to be his son? Didn't he once turn down a move to Dale from Torquay - rumours that his wife didn't want to move North?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Efl Trophy on 10:58 - Jan 9 with 1706 viewsboromat

Efl Trophy on 10:15 - Jan 9 by dingdangblue

I did wonder that, probably around the right age to be his son? Didn't he once turn down a move to Dale from Torquay - rumours that his wife didn't want to move North?

I seem to remember something along those lines

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Efl Trophy on 11:19 - Jan 9 with 1667 viewsAtThePeake

Bury were, for a spell, very good at getting big fees for semi-promising young players based on 2/3 first-team appearances. Obviously not enough, but they did make some money back through this on players like Bedeau, Obi and Foulds.

I do think sometimes, as someone else on other threads has pointed out (442 maybe?) we are guilty of playing our young players too much - to the point where their value actually decreases.

Tangled up in blue.

Efl Trophy on 11:53 - Jan 9 with 1620 viewsdingdangblue

Efl Trophy on 11:19 - Jan 9 by AtThePeake

Bury were, for a spell, very good at getting big fees for semi-promising young players based on 2/3 first-team appearances. Obviously not enough, but they did make some money back through this on players like Bedeau, Obi and Foulds.

I do think sometimes, as someone else on other threads has pointed out (442 maybe?) we are guilty of playing our young players too much - to the point where their value actually decreases.

That definitely can't apply to Matheson though - he's been generally excellent and in the 2 high profile games we've had he's been a star. As 442 mentioned - this January window maybe the time to capitalise on this.

Efl Trophy on 12:17 - Jan 9 with 1573 views1907

Efl Trophy on 11:53 - Jan 9 by dingdangblue

That definitely can't apply to Matheson though - he's been generally excellent and in the 2 high profile games we've had he's been a star. As 442 mentioned - this January window maybe the time to capitalise on this.

Agreed. Especially now that McLaughlin is finally back! (Please stay fit)
Efl Trophy on 13:24 - Jan 9 with 1492 viewsDalenet

But where is his head. He is fairly grounded and wanted to ensure he could keep going to school each day when he signed his pro contract. Would another club let him do that...I doubt it. Time will tell
Efl Trophy on 13:38 - Jan 9 with 1471 viewsAtThePeake

Not yet - but we haven't sold him yet. Agree that this window may be the time to capitalise because if we hang onto him for another 12 months, then it might apply to him.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Efl Trophy on 14:47 - Jan 9 with 1407 viewsD_Alien

There was a general consensus that Matheson needed a rest

I posted before the Newcastle game that i hoped he got a chance to play in that one due to his terrific performance at OT, and that's how it worked out, but in league fixtures he was showing distinct signs of burn out. I agree with the general point about overplaying our youngsters, but needs must with our limited squad and recent injuries

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024