Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans wanted for working party 20:08 - Jan 12 with 3742 viewsDale_Trust

We need some fans to form a working party to help look at ticketing for home matches. More details are on the link as are details about how to get involved but just to clarify, this is looking at the technical side of things eg bar code entry, print at home tickets etc rather than cost. Very important that we get a cross section of supporters with non season ticket holders especially needed.

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/01/ticketing-working-party/
Fans wanted for working party on 20:56 - Jan 12 with 3612 viewsrochdaleriddler

maybe get some fans of other clubs where this has happened for years

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Fans wanted for working party on 21:10 - Jan 12 with 3573 viewsTappers

Online buying tickets is way forward. Season tickets can be in card form but will be expensive installling machines to gain entry.
Fans wanted for working party on 21:23 - Jan 12 with 3537 viewschalky_ncfc

Notts changed from 23 tickets in a book to being a credit card type entry years ago,you hand it over at the turnstile and it gets scanned,once set up I can't imagine it being very expensive to run afterwards

Edit

A couple of years ago I forgot my season ticket and went to the ticket office to see what could be done,after proving who I was (drivers licence) they gave me a paper tkt to get in and the game was taken off electronically from my card so it has its advantages
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 21:38]

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Fans wanted for working party on 21:26 - Jan 12 with 3531 viewsTappers

At Anfield you insert card like cash machine then the turnstile allows you in if valid.
Fans wanted for working party on 21:40 - Jan 12 with 3475 views49thseason

Fans wanted for working party on 21:26 - Jan 12 by Tappers

At Anfield you insert card like cash machine then the turnstile allows you in if valid.

These systems are becoming more commonplace not just because of the improved access and ticketing but also because of the information they provide about who buys tickets , where they live, how far they travel, what time people turn up, age, gender etc.
The information gathered can then be used to help improve the customer experience by enabling special offers, unique experiences etc to be offered to a targeted group. Apparently Aston Villa have partnered with Barclaycard to offer a season ticket and payment card combined which I guess can also be used at the coffee kiosks and bars inside the ground and parking outside the arena.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 21:40]
Fans wanted for working party on 21:48 - Jan 12 with 3456 viewsTappers

At Anfield if you cant make game they can sell on your seat and regund that game. Also that electronic entry is for paper tickets with hologram.
Fans wanted for working party on 13:22 - Jan 13 with 3075 viewswatford_dale

Fans wanted for working party on 21:48 - Jan 12 by Tappers

At Anfield if you cant make game they can sell on your seat and regund that game. Also that electronic entry is for paper tickets with hologram.

I did a season at Watford and they had unmanned electronic bar code access via a credit card type season ticket. Entrance is a lot quicker and smoother. The adoption of a paperless ticketing system will reduce costs of the ticket, staffing costs for the turnstiles and for games that sit outside of the season ticket such as FA cup the club can credit your ticket with the entrance to whichever stand you have bought. Booking fees should also disappear as this is performed centrally and £1.50 charge cannot be justified for crediting a fans account for a ticket.

A disadvantage could be perceived as to prove your seat number in high attendance matches but that's a first world problem of the highest order.
Fans wanted for working party on 16:14 - Jan 13 with 2959 viewsJames1980

What would the likely cost of introducing a card based entry be? Is it something the club should be investing in?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Fans wanted for working party on 17:03 - Jan 13 with 2919 viewsKoober1974

Looking at it from a Facility managers point of view the turnstyles will need to be equipped with scanners and linked to a main computer which I would assume will be in the main office. Its a good idea that would cut down on printing and paper.
Fans wanted for working party on 17:34 - Jan 13 with 2876 viewsSaxonDale

Not sure if it's used this way at other grounds but Villa (who usually have their finger on the pulse with this sort of thing) have been using barcode entry for 10 years or so and there's quite a few good schemes run through it. One which would be worth trialling here is entry into the ground gives the holder 'points' which then lead to discounts in the club shop. These points are staggered between 2-3 meaning the earlier you get into the ground the more points you receive. I'm sure helps to generate a bit more atmosphere and get more money spent inside the ground.
Fans wanted for working party on 06:04 - Jan 16 with 2635 viewsDale_Trust

Morning
We've had two volunteers so far for this group but could do with others so that a broad range of opinions are included. If you fancy it, please drop us an email to info@daletrust.co.uk.

The changes that are being looked at will impact on every supporter, and all parties are keen to make this work with supporter input before any decisions are made.

Please get involved, especially if you are a non season ticket holder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024