Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laurence Fox on QT... 09:34 - Jan 17 with 2116 viewsgeezershoong1

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Laurence Fox on QT... on 09:43 - Jan 17 with 1609 viewsDorsetIan

Yeh, really worth listening to. A wealthy white man holding his head in his hands and complaining that racism is boring.

I can come on here for that.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Laurence Fox on QT... on 09:55 - Jan 17 with 1593 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

That was brilliant - I love how he doesn't tolerate the crap.

"Let me rewind, ANY woman, regardless of policies"

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Laurence Fox on QT... on 10:07 - Jan 17 with 1572 viewsA1079

He came across as someone who does not have his head in the clouds and does not believe in preaching to people. I loved his reaction to Sharma Chakrabarti (probably spelt that wrong). Her default position to claim racism or anti-woman if anyone dares to try and have a different view. One of the biggest reasons for not having issues properly aired or resolved, is the fear that people have of speaking how they feel in case they are labelled or vilified.
Laurence Fox on QT... on 10:21 - Jan 17 with 1558 viewsgeezershoong1

Laurence Fox on QT... on 09:43 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

Yeh, really worth listening to. A wealthy white man holding his head in his hands and complaining that racism is boring.

Curse him for being born white... evil, evil man.

How much is a sub to 'Identity Politics Monthly'..?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 10:24]

Laurence Fox on QT... on 10:44 - Jan 17 with 1530 viewsDorsetIan

Laurence Fox on QT... on 10:21 - Jan 17 by geezershoong1

Curse him for being born white... evil, evil man.

How much is a sub to 'Identity Politics Monthly'..?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 10:24]

His crime is not to be born white.

It's to be a white man talking about racism so dismissively.

But you don't get it either.

Laurence Fox on QT... on 10:46 - Jan 17 with 1526 viewsMarcus_y

Laurence Fox on QT... on 10:44 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

His crime is not to be born white.

It's to be a white man talking about racism so dismissively.

But you don't get it either.

No mate, it is you who does not get it. Racism is an over played card and that is a fact!

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Laurence Fox on QT... on 10:51 - Jan 17 with 1516 viewsDorsetIan

Laurence Fox on QT... on 10:46 - Jan 17 by Marcus_y

No mate, it is you who does not get it. Racism is an over played card and that is a fact!

Maybe it is an overplayed card. That's a different debate.

A wealthy white man who dismisses a legitimate claim of racism as 'boring' is a simply an ignorant t!t in my book.

Laurence Fox on QT... on 10:54 - Jan 17 with 1515 viewsMarcus_y

Laurence Fox on QT... on 10:51 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

Maybe it is an overplayed card. That's a different debate.

A wealthy white man who dismisses a legitimate claim of racism as 'boring' is a simply an ignorant t!t in my book.

Why? Just because he is rich and white? Isn't' that racist?

Login to get fewer ads

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:06 - Jan 17 with 1504 viewsDorsetIan

Laurence Fox on QT... on 10:54 - Jan 17 by Marcus_y

Why? Just because he is rich and white? Isn't' that racist?

No...

As a wealthy white man (not to mention one who was born into a famous, wealthy family), I am guessing that he has no direct experience of the sort of racism that people of colour experience.

For that reason alone he should be a bit less arrogant and dismissive when talking about it.

It's like an able bodied person dismissing the complaints of a disabled person as a boring.

Or a rich person dismissing the complaints of a poor person as boring.

It shows a complete lack of humility.

You don't have to agree with me Marcus, but do you at least follow the argument? (It's a chance for you to see another point of view - something I know that you think we all must do.)

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:08 - Jan 17 with 1501 viewsMarcus_y

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:06 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

No...

As a wealthy white man (not to mention one who was born into a famous, wealthy family), I am guessing that he has no direct experience of the sort of racism that people of colour experience.

For that reason alone he should be a bit less arrogant and dismissive when talking about it.

It's like an able bodied person dismissing the complaints of a disabled person as a boring.

You don't have to agree with me Marcus, but do you at least follow the argument? (It's a chance for you to see another point of view - something I know that you think we all must do.)

Mate you are a crack up. The rubbish you spout an then tell others to respect differing views when you are by far the worst at accepting another persons view. Hilarious stuff.

I am guessing. Yes, you are. Guessing You are only calling him out based on his skin colour and wealth. Racist.

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:08 - Jan 17 with 1502 viewssfc1971

I've witnessed a damn sight more racist behavior aimed towards white British, Irish and other Europeans from ethnics particularly Asians than I have the other way around, but these days it seems that's acceptable.
The race card is abused by far too many.

Poll: Have we reached our peak as a 6th - 10th placed club?

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:13 - Jan 17 with 1497 viewsDorsetIan

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:08 - Jan 17 by Marcus_y

Mate you are a crack up. The rubbish you spout an then tell others to respect differing views when you are by far the worst at accepting another persons view. Hilarious stuff.

I am guessing. Yes, you are. Guessing You are only calling him out based on his skin colour and wealth. Racist.

Let me just get this right - I'm trying hard to understand you, I'm trying Rico, I'm really trying - you think Lawrence Fox has directly experienced the same sort of racism that people of colour experience.

I was 'guessing' that he hadn't.

You think he has, or might have? Have I understood you correctly?

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:15 - Jan 17 with 1495 viewsMarcus_y

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:13 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

Let me just get this right - I'm trying hard to understand you, I'm trying Rico, I'm really trying - you think Lawrence Fox has directly experienced the same sort of racism that people of colour experience.

I was 'guessing' that he hadn't.

You think he has, or might have? Have I understood you correctly?

You agreed with what he said about racism be I g over played, boring. But then you berate him. Why?

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:16 - Jan 17 with 1492 viewsBuggalugs

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:06 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

No...

What a load of hypocritical bollox.

By your own logic, labelling him as a "wealthy white man" is both discriminatory and racist.

Get a life ffs.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:29 - Jan 17 with 1481 viewsDorsetIan

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:16 - Jan 17 by Buggalugs

What a load of hypocritical bollox.

By your own logic, labelling him as a "wealthy white man" is both discriminatory and racist.

Get a life ffs.

Lawrence Fox is a wealthy white man.

Raheem Sterling is a wealthy black man.

Neither sentence is racist.

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:33 - Jan 17 with 1477 viewsSaintsforeverj

Laurence Fox on QT... on 09:43 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

It's quite simple Ian. The nasty 0.01% of the UK that is racist, sexist whatever (those who beat up people for the colour of their skin / gender or make their life hell) should be locked up. But that does not mean we should all be forced to say that we think the next Labour leader should be a women. That women in the clip above was almost suggesting that it's not ok to think that the best person for the job of Labour leader is KS because he is a man. But that's the problem with Labour, they are sexist and racist the other way you see.

I don't care whether the leader is a man, women, black or whatever but if I think the white man happens to be the best person for the job, I shouldn't have to put up with some whining women saying how dare you suggest that a man should be leader - how sexist.

And as for some of the panel saying that Megan M has experienced racism (this is where this debate has come from), well Princess Diana was white and experienced much worse treatment from the press. What label would you like to put on that, considering she was white? This is the point - it's not about racism!!!!

It's more to do with Megan professing to be an environmentalist vegan feminist who then gets in a private jet for a holiday and eats steak. That's the reason for giving the hypocrite a hard time - nothing to do with the colour of her skin.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 11:38]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:43 - Jan 17 with 1466 viewsgeezershoong1

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:33 - Jan 17 by Saintsforeverj

It's quite simple Ian. The nasty 0.01% of the UK that is racist, sexist whatever (those who beat up people for the colour of their skin / gender or make their life hell) should be locked up. But that does not mean we should all be forced to say that we think the next Labour leader should be a women. That women in the clip above was almost suggesting that it's not ok to think that the best person for the job of Labour leader is KS because he is a man. But that's the problem with Labour, they are sexist and racist the other way you see.

I don't care whether the leader is a man, women, black or whatever but if I think the white man happens to be the best person for the job, I shouldn't have to put up with some whining women saying how dare you suggest that a man should be leader - how sexist.

And as for some of the panel saying that Megan M has experienced racism (this is where this debate has come from), well Princess Diana was white and experienced much worse treatment from the press. What label would you like to put on that, considering she was white? This is the point - it's not about racism!!!!

It's more to do with Megan professing to be an environmentalist vegan feminist who then gets in a private jet for a holiday and eats steak. That's the reason for giving the hypocrite a hard time - nothing to do with the colour of her skin.

Just as an aside, the Momentum movement was balloted on who the next Labour leader should be last night. The candidates were...

Rebecca Long-Bailey

They're not learning, are they..?

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:45 - Jan 17 with 1460 viewsgeezershoong1

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:29 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

Lawrence Fox is a wealthy white man.

Raheem Sterling is a wealthy black man.

Neither sentence is racist.

I'll take a punt and assume your a white man, if I invented a pill that you could take before you went to bed so you woke up black in the morning, would that make your life a bit more bearable..?

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:48 - Jan 17 with 1457 viewsSaintsforeverj

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:43 - Jan 17 by geezershoong1

Just as an aside, the Momentum movement was balloted on who the next Labour leader should be last night. The candidates were...

Rebecca Long-Bailey

They're not learning, are they..?

The longer the Labour party keep being racist and sexist to white men (working class or otherwise), the more votes that will be going to Boris. This crusade saying what an evil, racist, sexist, homophobic country we are is not getting them anywhere!

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:52 - Jan 17 with 1452 viewsDorsetIan

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:33 - Jan 17 by Saintsforeverj

I hear what you are saying. I know that people object that the race, sex, gender, whatever card is overplayed. I can see that it can be.

But I also hear over and over and over again, that it is not about the colour of someone's skin. And then people taking great offence when it is suggested that it might be, or hold their heads and say it's boring.

I can't stand Priti Patel. I think she is a complete moron who has absolutely no talent. I don't believe, I'm racist.

I also know that lots of people think that Diane Abbot is a complete moron who has absolutely no talent, but I believe that the extent of the abuse against Abbott can only be explained by racism.

The issue is complicated. People's motives for disliking someone are complicated. But racism can and often is a part of it. So we need to be humble and accept that, listen to the arguments as to why something might be racist, and not just shake our heads and complain about how 'boring' it all is.

Laurence Fox on QT... on 12:07 - Jan 17 with 1437 viewsSaintsforeverj

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:52 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

I hear what you are saying. I know that people object that the race, sex, gender, whatever card is overplayed. I can see that it can be.

But I also hear over and over and over again, that it is not about the colour of someone's skin. And then people taking great offence when it is suggested that it might be, or hold their heads and say it's boring.

I can't stand Priti Patel. I think she is a complete moron who has absolutely no talent. I don't believe, I'm racist.

I also know that lots of people think that Diane Abbot is a complete moron who has absolutely no talent, but I believe that the extent of the abuse against Abbott can only be explained by racism.

The issue is complicated. People's motives for disliking someone are complicated. But racism can and often is a part of it. So we need to be humble and accept that, listen to the arguments as to why something might be racist, and not just shake our heads and complain about how 'boring' it all is.

Again I don't agree that the Dianne Abbot situation is racist. Jeremy Corbyn got just as much abuse and he is white and male. Abbott's critism is based on:

- Saying she hates private schools but sent her own children to one
- Saying that black mothers are better than white mothers.
- Getting her sums wrong.
- Being a wet, hypocritical Labour member.

Again, nothing to do with her colour. I think Corbyn is just as much of a moron as Abbott. A view expressed by many. So how can it be about colour when Corbyn is white?

Laurence Fox on QT... on 12:16 - Jan 17 with 1426 viewsDorsetIan

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:45 - Jan 17 by geezershoong1

I'll take a punt and assume your a white man, if I invented a pill that you could take before you went to bed so you woke up black in the morning, would that make your life a bit more bearable..?

Is this like a self-hatred type reference - the sort of thing that Basel used to bang on about before he went rogue?

Assuming anyone who isn't a racist must hate the fact that they are white?

Laurence Fox on QT... on 12:52 - Jan 17 with 1396 viewsMarcus_y

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:52 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

You are utterly mental. It's ok for you to think Patel is a moron but people who say it about Abbott are racist. You are out of your box mate. Get help.

Laurence Fox on QT... on 12:55 - Jan 17 with 1387 viewsgeezershoong1

Laurence Fox on QT... on 12:16 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

Is this like a self-hatred type reference - the sort of thing that Basel used to bang on about before he went rogue?

Assuming anyone who isn't a racist must hate the fact that they are white?

Much like the party itself, you're not learning.

The potential leader candidates bang on about 'how the message was wrong, not the policies...'

It was BOTH. Labour need to rid themselves of these Momentum Marxist parasites or civil war and a split in the party will result.

Laurence Fox on QT... on 13:06 - Jan 17 with 1372 viewsgeezershoong1

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:48 - Jan 17 by Saintsforeverj

The longer the Labour party keep being racist and sexist to white men (working class or otherwise), the more votes that will be going to Boris. This crusade saying what an evil, racist, sexist, homophobic country we are is not getting them anywhere!

Yeh, Northerners love being told by a snot nosed Momentum Activist who's never been north of Watford that 'you live in a dump, you're surrounded by white racist biggots and you're stupid if you want Brexit...'.

If Labour's election strategy team were horses, they'd be glue by now...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024