Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool fans... 09:46 - Jan 17 with 2955 viewsSonicBoom

Yeah I know we all hate Liverpool. The bin dipping victims and all that crap. But what's your thoughts on this?
Liverpool fans planning one of their coach welcomes for the United game.

Personally I think it's great that in these days of snowflake fans sitting in respectful silence, there are still fan groups prepared to ramp up the atmosphere of the game. I'm not saying smash the windows or anything like that.
But imagine playing Pompey and giving their bus this welcome into the city.
Some fans around Europe rightly get condemned for much of their behaviour, but there are some places that still retain a real atmosphere and I for one am glad to see fans here doing the same. I never understand why fans of other clubs belittle the efforts of other supporters like Palace or in this case the scousers when many of us still want some sort of atmosphere at games.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7897123/Bring-pints-pyros-fla
Liverpool fans... on 10:11 - Jan 17 with 2082 viewskingslandstand1

Big scrap waiting to happen. Obviously they say they intend to make it hostile and not violent and don't do damage but what are they going to say?

Nothing wrong with atmosphere and you should be able to guarantee that for this game, but I'm guessing the coach company are already getting the repair bill

Have to say though, it'll be one of those "I was there" moments for them. Let's just hope it doesn't faze Ole and his boys too much, although I was hoping it would be us that breaks that record for them in a couple of weeks

Still, should keep the custody sergeant occupied for a while
Liverpool fans... on 10:13 - Jan 17 with 2081 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I'm sure a bit of smoke and loads of goons filming it on their mobiles will make it very intimating.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Liverpool fans... on 10:23 - Jan 17 with 2069 viewsericofarabia

Bunch of phone toting plastic wanchors. They should be down the pub getting steamed up like proper footie fans!!
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 16:11]
Liverpool fans... on 10:26 - Jan 17 with 2061 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I'm sure it'll really disturb their card playing on the coach and they'll need the full 2 hours in the changing afterwards to "calm down"

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Liverpool fans... on 11:01 - Jan 17 with 2031 viewskingslandstand1

Liverpool fans... on 10:23 - Jan 17 by ericofarabia

Bunch of phone toting plastic wanchors. They should be down the pub getting steamed up like proper footie fans!!
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 16:11]

Liverpool fans... on 11:12 - Jan 17 with 2023 viewsSaintsforeverj

Any club that has a load of plastic glory hunters, thinking they are clever choosing a great team from random when they live in Cornwall, Dorset, Hampshire, Beijing etc, is on my list of "hated" clubs. I might as well go and buy a Barcelona shirt, walk around the south as if to say "Aren't I clever to be wearing the shirt of such a good team, look at me". But I would never do that as it's not real, I don't know anything about them and would never get to watch them. Far rather be loyal to my home team.I would rather talk to a loyal Pompey fan than a plastic Liverpool fan, arrogantly talking about how good "their" team is. A proper scouser who can't help being born there, I could probably just about tolerate trying to speak to them but with a translator handy.

And Liverpool, well I have said before that they are the only club (except for a few exceptions) that come to St Mary's and get in the home end, celebrate in your face, throw flairs, throw cannisters, create a scene as if we are at war, cause fights in the Kingsland north, where the boxes are, and add that to illegally tapping up VD and probably other Saints players, I just can't stand the club. And when you see the clips of them throwing objects at opposition coaches as they arrive at Anfield, it all makes sense as to why they are such idiots when they come to St Mary's.

When they win the league, we will have to put up with weeks and months of seeing Klopp's teeth everywhere and plastic fans celebrating all over the place. I bet they have never been to Anfield in their life.

And they are probably the only club in the world to display a Jeremy Corbyn flag amongst the home support. Of course, their fans from Windsor were looking in disgust!

Man City won over 100 points at St Mary's, they were not in the home end jumping up all over the place, there was nothing kicking off in the Kingsland North and a kid didn't get an object thrown at them. They were all shaking our hands, congratulating us on staying up.

As for the point in question, yes create an atmosphere but don't throw objects at kids, don't jump on top of buildings, don't have your celebrations in the home end and don't throw objects at a team's bus. Something about Liverpool and their fans (Man U too) that leaves non Liverpool fans hating them.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Liverpool fans... on 12:06 - Jan 17 with 1994 viewskingslandstand1

Liverpool fans... on 11:12 - Jan 17 by Saintsforeverj

Any club that has a load of plastic glory hunters, thinking they are clever choosing a great team from random when they live in Cornwall, Dorset, Hampshire, Beijing etc, is on my list of "hated" clubs. I might as well go and buy a Barcelona shirt, walk around the south as if to say "Aren't I clever to be wearing the shirt of such a good team, look at me". But I would never do that as it's not real, I don't know anything about them and would never get to watch them. Far rather be loyal to my home team.I would rather talk to a loyal Pompey fan than a plastic Liverpool fan, arrogantly talking about how good "their" team is. A proper scouser who can't help being born there, I could probably just about tolerate trying to speak to them but with a translator handy.

And Liverpool, well I have said before that they are the only club (except for a few exceptions) that come to St Mary's and get in the home end, celebrate in your face, throw flairs, throw cannisters, create a scene as if we are at war, cause fights in the Kingsland north, where the boxes are, and add that to illegally tapping up VD and probably other Saints players, I just can't stand the club. And when you see the clips of them throwing objects at opposition coaches as they arrive at Anfield, it all makes sense as to why they are such idiots when they come to St Mary's.

When they win the league, we will have to put up with weeks and months of seeing Klopp's teeth everywhere and plastic fans celebrating all over the place. I bet they have never been to Anfield in their life.

And they are probably the only club in the world to display a Jeremy Corbyn flag amongst the home support. Of course, their fans from Windsor were looking in disgust!

Man City won over 100 points at St Mary's, they were not in the home end jumping up all over the place, there was nothing kicking off in the Kingsland North and a kid didn't get an object thrown at them. They were all shaking our hands, congratulating us on staying up.

As for the point in question, yes create an atmosphere but don't throw objects at kids, don't jump on top of buildings, don't have your celebrations in the home end and don't throw objects at a team's bus. Something about Liverpool and their fans (Man U too) that leaves non Liverpool fans hating them.

Liverpool fans... on 12:48 - Jan 17 with 1956 viewsBlue

Absolutely brilliant stuff from the Liverpool fans.

What could possibly go wrong welcoming a coach into Klanfield........?

Still stood in the Kippax

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool fans... on 13:18 - Jan 17 with 1924 viewsSaintNick

I watched a documentary recently and one of the people being interviewed said that in England there are some well supported clubs, but only two are religions and they are Liverpool and Manchester United

It is easy to slag off their global fanbase and to be honest it does them no favours as the Liverpool/ Utd fans who have never been to see their team play will be amongst the worst on social media telling the world how great their teams are and how bad the rest are and how poor their support is etc,

But truthfully both Liverpool & United are light years ahead of the rest of us and the rest of the big six even can only dream of having their type of support.

The team bus welcome is organised by Liverpool based supporters groups, not some bloke in slough, but it goes wrong due to the fella fro Slough having a few drinks and thinking it will make him a hero to throw a bottle and of course every club has it's own element home based or not who will do this.

Personally I would love our fans to have this level of support, have this passion for the club, have 3,000 at every away game, a full ground every week rather than 3,000 disappearing at the first sign of a glitch.

This is not another Liverpool love in from me, I hate Man Utd but I have to admire a lot of their supporters for their loyalty and passion and support and I give them that respect.

Ironically enough I suspect that most of those Saints fans who slag off Liverpool and Man Utd have never been to Anfield or Old Trafford either and cant see that irony.

We have a great core fanbase, I hope that it will grow, but a section of it always has to have someone to have a go at, whether it's another club or sadly their own club.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Liverpool fans... on 13:36 - Jan 17 with 1892 views1teeminants

Liverpool fans... on 11:12 - Jan 17 by Saintsforeverj

Superb post agree with all you’ve said. I Can’t stand them they are everywhere arrogant plastic twa@ts . Half of my wife’s relations in Bath are Liverpool fans despite never visiting Anfield . it is obviously because they are successful but I can’t stand hangers on that support teams just because they are sucessful. Why the hell should we admire a club like has torn our club apart over the years ffs .
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 13:48]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Liverpool fans... on 13:41 - Jan 17 with 1883 viewsSaintsforeverj

Liverpool fans... on 13:18 - Jan 17 by SaintNick

I watched a documentary recently and one of the people being interviewed said that in England there are some well supported clubs, but only two are religions and they are Liverpool and Manchester United

It is easy to slag off their global fanbase and to be honest it does them no favours as the Liverpool/ Utd fans who have never been to see their team play will be amongst the worst on social media telling the world how great their teams are and how bad the rest are and how poor their support is etc,

But truthfully both Liverpool & United are light years ahead of the rest of us and the rest of the big six even can only dream of having their type of support.

The team bus welcome is organised by Liverpool based supporters groups, not some bloke in slough, but it goes wrong due to the fella fro Slough having a few drinks and thinking it will make him a hero to throw a bottle and of course every club has it's own element home based or not who will do this.

Personally I would love our fans to have this level of support, have this passion for the club, have 3,000 at every away game, a full ground every week rather than 3,000 disappearing at the first sign of a glitch.

This is not another Liverpool love in from me, I hate Man Utd but I have to admire a lot of their supporters for their loyalty and passion and support and I give them that respect.

Ironically enough I suspect that most of those Saints fans who slag off Liverpool and Man Utd have never been to Anfield or Old Trafford either and cant see that irony.

We have a great core fanbase, I hope that it will grow, but a section of it always has to have someone to have a go at, whether it's another club or sadly their own club.

"Personally I would love our fans to have this level of support, have this passion for the club, have 3,000 at every away game, a full ground every week rather than 3,000 disappearing at the first sign of a glitch"

If Southampton FC were top of the PL and won something every year for a number of years, we would get near to this level of support wouldn't we. All of the tourists would appear. We would also be just as passionate if the team was as successful. The Southampton fans are just as passionate and loyal but have a lot less success. You watch the passion from the Saints fans if we get to a cup final. It would be just as strong but we probably wouldn't throw missiles at coaches. If Liverpool / Man U struggled near the bottom for 10 years or even went down, you watch all the Liverpool / Man U shirts start to disappear as they go and buy the shirt of the team who is top of the PL. In fact, I see very few Man U shirts out and about nowadays.

"Ironically enough I suspect that most of those Saints fans who slag off Liverpool and Man Utd have never been to Anfield or Old Trafford either and cant see that irony."

I have been to Anfield 3 times to watch Saints and Old Trafford 4 times. I have probably been to those grounds more times than those wearing Liverpool and Man U shirts in the south - there is the irony. I have been to the ground of the shirt they are wearing, more times than them and I don't even support them.

And having a go at other teams so what? I love the Saints but particularly hate Liverpool, Man U and Portsmouth for the reasons mentioned above. So what? I am a Saints fan and don't like big teams stealing our players (especially illegally) and then celebrating their success in our faces (in the home end) after their illegal acts. That's ok not to like that isn't it?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 13:42]

Liverpool fans... on 13:57 - Jan 17 with 1852 viewsSaintNick

Liverpool fans... on 13:41 - Jan 17 by Saintsforeverj

"Personally I would love our fans to have this level of support, have this passion for the club, have 3,000 at every away game, a full ground every week rather than 3,000 disappearing at the first sign of a glitch"

If Southampton FC were top of the PL and won something every year for a number of years, we would get near to this level of support wouldn't we. All of the tourists would appear. We would also be just as passionate if the team was as successful. The Southampton fans are just as passionate and loyal but have a lot less success. You watch the passion from the Saints fans if we get to a cup final. It would be just as strong but we probably wouldn't throw missiles at coaches. If Liverpool / Man U struggled near the bottom for 10 years or even went down, you watch all the Liverpool / Man U shirts start to disappear as they go and buy the shirt of the team who is top of the PL. In fact, I see very few Man U shirts out and about nowadays.

"Ironically enough I suspect that most of those Saints fans who slag off Liverpool and Man Utd have never been to Anfield or Old Trafford either and cant see that irony."

I have been to Anfield 3 times to watch Saints and Old Trafford 4 times. I have probably been to those grounds more times than those wearing Liverpool and Man U shirts in the south - there is the irony. I have been to the ground of the shirt they are wearing, more times than them and I don't even support them.

And having a go at other teams so what? I love the Saints but particularly hate Liverpool, Man U and Portsmouth for the reasons mentioned above. So what? I am a Saints fan and don't like big teams stealing our players (especially illegally) and then celebrating their success in our faces (in the home end) after their illegal acts. That's ok not to like that isn't it?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 13:42]

1, The last time we looked like winning something ie when we got to the FA cup semi final we sent 8,000 tickets back and when we went to Anfield and won in the League cup semi final we sent 2,000 back, Discuss.

2.You have been to Anfield to see Saints 3 times and Man Utd 4 times, assuming that you are not 18 and t the beginning of your Saints supporting career then this is not something to boast of, I have been to Anfield to see Saints 8 times since we returned to the Premier League alone, a similar number of times to Old Trafford and I won't bore you with the overall total.

I could introduce you to Man Utd and Liverpool fans with similar number of visits to St Mary's, you miss the point about being a football fan and if you tar every Liverpool/Man Utd fan with the same brush because of the odd local fan in the home sections being a knob then you are a little bigotted. You dont get it with other clubs because they dont have the same levels of support. I hate Man Utd but I can't slag off their passion and claim we are as passionate. I hate away fans in home sections acting like knobs too, but it is a small minority

"Big teams stealing our players" do you think that they stole them or do you not think money talks, none of the players they "stole" left in a sack after having a hood thrown over their head and bundled into the back of a car ! This is the Premier League every club does the same, look how many Celtic players we "stole" I wasn't happy with the way they signed some of our players, but the truth is we do the same as do every club, players are tapped up long before the official bid goes in. Every one of those players could have said no to them

Football is now rotten to the core, I have no problem with Saints fans slagging off other teams and their fans for the right reasons, but don't slag them off for having a passion in them that you haven't got yourself

Liverpool fans... on 14:03 - Jan 17 with 1841 viewsSaintsforeverj

Liverpool fans... on 13:57 - Jan 17 by SaintNick

1, The last time we looked like winning something ie when we got to the FA cup semi final we sent 8,000 tickets back and when we went to Anfield and won in the League cup semi final we sent 2,000 back, Discuss.

2.You have been to Anfield to see Saints 3 times and Man Utd 4 times, assuming that you are not 18 and t the beginning of your Saints supporting career then this is not something to boast of, I have been to Anfield to see Saints 8 times since we returned to the Premier League alone, a similar number of times to Old Trafford and I won't bore you with the overall total.

I could introduce you to Man Utd and Liverpool fans with similar number of visits to St Mary's, you miss the point about being a football fan and if you tar every Liverpool/Man Utd fan with the same brush because of the odd local fan in the home sections being a knob then you are a little bigotted. You dont get it with other clubs because they dont have the same levels of support. I hate Man Utd but I can't slag off their passion and claim we are as passionate. I hate away fans in home sections acting like knobs too, but it is a small minority

"Big teams stealing our players" do you think that they stole them or do you not think money talks, none of the players they "stole" left in a sack after having a hood thrown over their head and bundled into the back of a car ! This is the Premier League every club does the same, look how many Celtic players we "stole" I wasn't happy with the way they signed some of our players, but the truth is we do the same as do every club, players are tapped up long before the official bid goes in. Every one of those players could have said no to them

Football is now rotten to the core, I have no problem with Saints fans slagging off other teams and their fans for the right reasons, but don't slag them off for having a passion in them that you haven't got yourself

I agree that that it's not all Liverpool fans and Man U fans, so I am not tarring them all with the same brush. Those who are born and bred in that area, I have no problem with. I am slagging off Liverpool for illegally tapping up VD for a start. Do you not feel like slagging them off for doing that? Other clubs do it but Liverpool were caught so i'm slagging them off for it. Is that a valid reason? As a passionate Saints fan, can I be annoyed by that?

I am certainly not boasting. I am saying that isn't ironic that I have visited the grounds more than some of the plastics claiming to support that team. My point is, they are not proper fans are they. We are proper fans, supporting Saints and putting up with what we put up with.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 14:06]

Liverpool fans... on 14:14 - Jan 17 with 1821 viewsSaintNick

Liverpool fans... on 14:03 - Jan 17 by Saintsforeverj

I agree that that it's not all Liverpool fans and Man U fans, so I am not tarring them all with the same brush. Those who are born and bred in that area, I have no problem with. I am slagging off Liverpool for illegally tapping up VD for a start. Do you not feel like slagging them off for doing that? Other clubs do it but Liverpool were caught so i'm slagging them off for it. Is that a valid reason? As a passionate Saints fan, can I be annoyed by that?

I am certainly not boasting. I am saying that isn't ironic that I have visited the grounds more than some of the plastics claiming to support that team. My point is, they are not proper fans are they. We are proper fans, supporting Saints and putting up with what we put up with.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 14:06]

I put plenty of stuff on here about the VVD transfer and none of it was complimentary to LFC or VVD, i was annoyed for a while but I have got over it, there are a lot more things to worry about in life.

The plastic liverpool fans who don't go to games are not wortha **** they are hated by both liverpool based fans and also those who do travel the breadth of the country to see their team and then get slagged off as plastic,

We are proper fans and have a lot to put up with, but then again so have Liverpool over the years, some fair and some not and if you want an example of bad owners google Gillette & Hicks who owned Liverpool and took them within hours of liquidation, so it is not just the rest of the clubs who have their issues.

I would prefer to see Saints fans losing this obsession with slagging off other clubs (Pompey accepted) and putting all their energy into supporting their own team , in two weeks time I will be at Anfield and asked why we slag them all off yet we have not sold the full allocation, I won't have much of an answer

Liverpool fans... on 14:18 - Jan 17 with 1817 viewsSaintsforeverj

Liverpool fans... on 14:14 - Jan 17 by SaintNick

I put plenty of stuff on here about the VVD transfer and none of it was complimentary to LFC or VVD, i was annoyed for a while but I have got over it, there are a lot more things to worry about in life.

The plastic liverpool fans who don't go to games are not wortha **** they are hated by both liverpool based fans and also those who do travel the breadth of the country to see their team and then get slagged off as plastic,

We are proper fans and have a lot to put up with, but then again so have Liverpool over the years, some fair and some not and if you want an example of bad owners google Gillette & Hicks who owned Liverpool and took them within hours of liquidation, so it is not just the rest of the clubs who have their issues.

I would prefer to see Saints fans losing this obsession with slagging off other clubs (Pompey accepted) and putting all their energy into supporting their own team , in two weeks time I will be at Anfield and asked why we slag them all off yet we have not sold the full allocation, I won't have much of an answer

We have sold the allocation that SFC took. It sold out in a few days.Your answer would be to tell them that we would have sold more tickets if SFC had taken more tickets! I too will be at Anfield, desperate for a Saints win. I would absolutely love to beat them as I am sure you would right?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 14:19]

Liverpool fans... on 14:34 - Jan 17 with 1797 viewsBuggalugs

Probably a little short notice for tomorrow, so let's try and organise a pint and pyro welcoming committee for our crunch mid-table clash with Burnley next month.

Come on scummers, who's up for it?

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Liverpool fans... on 15:07 - Jan 17 with 1763 viewsthis_charming_man

Man United and Liverpools fans at home are no better than anyone elses. I've been to both loads of times over the last 25 years and the atmosphere is at best average. I know we aren't a big game for them so hard for them to get excited for the visit of Southampton but even in cup games, like our semi final a couple of years back when they needed a goal I thought the Liverpool fans were poor.

Away from home Man United fans are brilliant, although Liverpools fans aren't much better than any other big club.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Liverpool fans... on 15:43 - Jan 17 with 1735 viewskingslandstand1

Liverpool fans... on 13:36 - Jan 17 by 1teeminants

Superb post agree with all you’ve said. I Can’t stand them they are everywhere arrogant plastic twa@ts . Half of my wife’s relations in Bath are Liverpool fans despite never visiting Anfield . it is obviously because they are successful but I can’t stand hangers on that support teams just because they are sucessful. Why the hell should we admire a club like has torn our club apart over the years ffs .
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 13:48]

That must really pi55 off Bath City who have just had their manager on Talksport as they are in desperate need to improve their ground and facilities to progress up the ladder. They are doing well in their league with a near promotion last season and in line for it this season and promote themselves as a genuine family club who can produce players and get a few ex league and loanees in where required. So they also are a successful club in their own minds when you consider the success of their egg chaser neighbours

Also we got Jason Dodd from them!
Liverpool fans... on 15:51 - Jan 17 with 1725 viewssolent_toffee

You had me at we all hate Liverpool.

The look at us, look at us, aren’t we great is sickening. Any other club and the police would be all over it and fans would be getting arrested left right and centre.

But it’s Liverpool who invented passion in football so they get a pass.

If Everton planned something similar in a few weeks for the derby, the very same police force would have a full on Operation Klopp and clamp down on it.
Liverpool fans... on 16:12 - Jan 17 with 1699 views1teeminants

Liverpool fans... on 15:43 - Jan 17 by kingslandstand1

That must really pi55 off Bath City who have just had their manager on Talksport as they are in desperate need to improve their ground and facilities to progress up the ladder. They are doing well in their league with a near promotion last season and in line for it this season and promote themselves as a genuine family club who can produce players and get a few ex league and loanees in where required. So they also are a successful club in their own minds when you consider the success of their egg chaser neighbours

Also we got Jason Dodd from them!

They used to go and watch Bath City years ago but now they just sit around on a Saturday in their scouse shirts with their Bath accents ffs .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Liverpool fans... on 16:55 - Jan 17 with 1664 viewskingslandstand1

Liverpool fans... on 16:12 - Jan 17 by 1teeminants

They used to go and watch Bath City years ago but now they just sit around on a Saturday in their scouse shirts with their Bath accents ffs .

Beautiful city though, really like visiting the place although I understand Twerton is not the most salubrious of areas in the place ………..
Liverpool fans... on 20:41 - Jan 17 with 1580 viewsBlue

Liverpool fans... on 15:51 - Jan 17 by solent_toffee

You had me at we all hate Liverpool.

The look at us, look at us, aren’t we great is sickening. Any other club and the police would be all over it and fans would be getting arrested left right and centre.

But it’s Liverpool who invented passion in football so they get a pass.

If Everton planned something similar in a few weeks for the derby, the very same police force would have a full on Operation Klopp and clamp down on it.

Despite all the video footage from when these utter c*nts attacked our coach and the minibus accompanying it, not one single f*cking arrest was ever made.

The merseyside old bill even let liverpool fans stand on top of their parked vans, AND tweeted out the revised coach route City's team bus was taking, an hour or so before it's arrival, to ensure all the vermin knew where to be.

Scummy club, scummy supporters.

Still stood in the Kippax

Liverpool fans... on 20:52 - Jan 17 with 1568 viewsTripleNiemi

Hopefully it will all kick off and then following a thorough investigation by the authorities and PL, the Scouse coonts get docked 30 points and lose the league as a result......

Well, we can dream but know full well the victim card will get played.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Liverpool fans... on 22:06 - Jan 17 with 1540 viewscocklebreath

If our ticket office allowed we might have 3k at every away game, as the owner of this site you need to get answers

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Liverpool fans... on 22:10 - Jan 17 with 1540 viewscocklebreath

BTW Liverpool is full of c&nts, they aren’t special they are just tiny headed goofy teethed cilla black, Ken Dodd squeaky voiced thieves

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024