Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market 13:41 - Feb 4 with 2889 viewsNotLoyal

Made a whole lot of cash with his dealings and authorising transfers. From around 2007 via agents or his own volition he certainly made many positive moves. Without concentrating on his numerous bad moves it is without doubt the reason why the yanks kept him in situ. Jenkins huge profits selling on players most certainly turned their heads as well and is the main reason why they bought in to the club.
Ashley Williams most certainly started the golden times and Bodde as well.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 13:47 - Feb 4 with 2357 viewsJacket

Not much to disagree with there to be fair. But when I read a book, I like reading the end as well as the start.
Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 15:56 - Feb 4 with 2212 viewsmagicdaps10

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 13:47 - Feb 4 by Jacket

Not much to disagree with there to be fair. But when I read a book, I like reading the end as well as the start.

Superb way of putting it....... The end normally defines the character.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 16:10 - Feb 4 with 2192 viewsTimTtam

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 15:56 - Feb 4 by magicdaps10

Superb way of putting it....... The end normally defines the character.

Well...technically the end was Huw not answering his phone...

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 16:11 - Feb 4 with 2190 viewsPozuelosSideys

Not wanting to rewrite history here as Jenkins had his moments, but why is he is being given all the credit for the positive early day signings? The likes of Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup etc were all very sucessful managers with us and they had a big input in who we identified and signed. Hell, even Flynn brought in Trundle and Robinson as he knew them personally.

Is it a coincidence that we stagnated a bit when we brought in "coaches" who didnt have as much input on inbound transfers? Sousa, Guidolin to an extent, Clement, Carvahal never really appeared to have a great input into transfers and that showed on the pitch. Well, Monk did but ya know..

Jenkins did have a decent eye for a good selling price, but left to his own devices when bringing players in was an obvious, big downfall. He needed handholding from those around him.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 16:37 - Feb 4 with 2139 viewsDarran

Fuçk him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 16:53 - Feb 4 with 2115 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Jenkins personifies the quote
"it takes 20 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to ruin one, if you think about that you'll do things differently"

Unfortunately for Huw he got greedy and his reputation is ruined.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 17:04 - Feb 4 with 2096 viewsNWSwans

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 16:53 - Feb 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

Jenkins personifies the quote
"it takes 20 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to ruin one, if you think about that you'll do things differently"

Unfortunately for Huw he got greedy and his reputation is ruined.

And good on him, he gave us some great times, and he got rich, he secured the futures of himself and probably the the countless generations to come in his family. We would all do it. He owed us nothing.

As Darran so eloquently put it, fúck him, its the past, yes he did the football club no favours at the end. I prefer to think of that golden era of Swansea City, and move on.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 17:04]
Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 17:22 - Feb 4 with 2060 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 17:04 - Feb 4 by NWSwans

And good on him, he gave us some great times, and he got rich, he secured the futures of himself and probably the the countless generations to come in his family. We would all do it. He owed us nothing.

As Darran so eloquently put it, fúck him, its the past, yes he did the football club no favours at the end. I prefer to think of that golden era of Swansea City, and move on.

He was already richer than most of us mind. He didn’t need to fuçk the club over to get rich. It was pure greed and he wasn’t the only one.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 17:22 - Feb 4 with 2061 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 17:04 - Feb 4 by NWSwans

He could have done all of your first paragraph and still been held in high regard.

It would seem that there are still plenty of people out there who can't understand that it's not what they did, it's the way that they did it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 17:30 - Feb 4 with 2037 viewsNWSwans

Sadly, its a business and successful businessmen don't usually play nice.
He showed his true colours by fúcking over the fans and the club.

He knew exactly what was coming with the Americans and chose himself, He'd do it again, every time he'd make the same decision. We all would
Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 17:37 - Feb 4 with 2002 viewsmagicdaps10

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 17:30 - Feb 4 by NWSwans

He knew exactly what was coming with the Americans and chose himself, He'd do it again, every time he'd make the same decision. We all would

Jenkins got lucky, no way was/is he a businessman!!

I beg to differ on the fact that we would all do it, many would be greedy like Jenkins but there are still plenty of decent people who would be happy with what they already have.

I don't live by greed...... Happiness is a far better feeling in my book.

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 17:42 - Feb 4 with 1993 views34dfgdf54

Agree with OP, but wasn’t Reeves here when we signed Willians and Bodde? The problems with transfers started when Jenkins thought he could be negotiating the deals as well as being Dof. The transfers when Jenkins was solely in charge were pretty much a disaster.

He fancied a piece of the pie Tutumlu was eating and went solo.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 17:43]
Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 18:19 - Feb 4 with 1933 viewspencoedjack

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 17:37 - Feb 4 by magicdaps10

Jenkins got lucky, no way was/is he a businessman!!

I beg to differ on the fact that we would all do it, many would be greedy like Jenkins but there are still plenty of decent people who would be happy with what they already have.

I don't live by greed...... Happiness is a far better feeling in my book.

I’m with you on this ......

If I had become a millionaire running a football club I loved no way for additional millions would I sell to a US hedge fund.

It’s plain & simple greed & not giving a fuk about the mess that he obviously knew would be coming our way.
Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 18:28 - Feb 4 with 1916 viewsJacket

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 18:19 - Feb 4 by pencoedjack

If I had become a millionaire running a football club I loved no way for additional millions would I sell to a US hedge fund.

It’s plain & simple greed & not giving a fuk about the mess that he obviously knew would be coming our way.

His arrogance would have blinded him to the possibility of a mess. He was still going to be involved, his brilliance would stave off any mess.
Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 18:55 - Feb 4 with 1874 viewsNortbankboy

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 16:11 - Feb 4 by PozuelosSideys

Not wanting to rewrite history here as Jenkins had his moments, but why is he is being given all the credit for the positive early day signings? The likes of Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup etc were all very sucessful managers with us and they had a big input in who we identified and signed. Hell, even Flynn brought in Trundle and Robinson as he knew them personally.

Is it a coincidence that we stagnated a bit when we brought in "coaches" who didnt have as much input on inbound transfers? Sousa, Guidolin to an extent, Clement, Carvahal never really appeared to have a great input into transfers and that showed on the pitch. Well, Monk did but ya know..

Jenkins did have a decent eye for a good selling price, but left to his own devices when bringing players in was an obvious, big downfall. He needed handholding from those around him.

I think he and the board got the credit for the early signings was because they picked and employed the likes of Flynn martinez,Rodgers and laudrup..
Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 19:07 - Feb 4 with 1847 viewsOldjack

to bloody tight to get Joe in when we needed him most. Michu being the bargain of the decade though

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 19:11 - Feb 4 with 1838 viewsNeath_Jack

The rule of thumb hasn't changed on here, it is as follows:

Player A signs and turns out to be an excellent signing = Definitely the manager that is flavour of the month signing.

Player B signs and turns out to be a right old Clucas = Definitely Jenkins signing.

F*cking headers, the lot of you.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 19:43 - Feb 4 with 1794 viewsCatullus

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 18:19 - Feb 4 by pencoedjack

I'm there too. We needed Walker not an Oyston!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 19:52 - Feb 4 with 1784 viewsswan65split

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 17:30 - Feb 4 by NWSwans

No we wouldn't, some live life with principles

he not only hurt the Club. and fans but Swansea and the surrounding area.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 19:54]
Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 21:56 - Feb 4 with 1689 viewsNotLoyal

It has been hard for quite a few to see the original thread.
his successes were many, OK failures too but Bony, Gylfi, the Laudrup agent working with him, Michu, JDG, Chico, Canas, Hernandez etc. After that Montero, don't forget J.Scotland, Dobbie, Sinclair ( OK Rodgers influenced it) as well as Borini. Fabianski was a master stroke, ki for a year, JJS another piece of excellent business. Fernandez possibly the best centre half in decades, he brought in dyer, Routledge, Lita who I thought was very decent, Flynnwwas probably el behind trundle but it had to be authorised, Neil Taylor was a stroke of genius, getting Leon back too, the JVZ link with Bodde, fair play. Taking control of the transfers when Sousa was not interested, yes we all know what he did in the end but that wasn't the point. No doubt a thread on his fck ups balances it, but regardless for a dour boring, uncommunicative, later to become insincere and selfish he was behind many good things. And many others I've missed.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 22:13 - Feb 4 with 1670 viewsKilkennyjack

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 19:07 - Feb 4 by Oldjack

to bloody tight to get Joe in when we needed him most. Michu being the bargain of the decade though

But within 4 weeks we spent more than that on ..... Borja.

You could not make it up.

Beware of the Risen People

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 22:31 - Feb 4 with 1650 viewsmagicdaps10

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 22:13 - Feb 4 by Kilkennyjack

But within 4 weeks we spent more than that on ..... Borja.

You could not make it up.

After we had sold Ayew and Williams for 30m plus just a few days before.

We didn't sign Allen because the club didn't want to sign him until we got money in first, bit tight right!?

What was it again, you couldn't make it up you say...... You don't need to make it up, they were the facts and the truth.

Sale was to take us to the next level..... The next level was get the money in first, cost us on Allen and that attitude cost us big style when we haggled for a month on the Siggy fee.

Hang your head in shame.

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 17:59 - Feb 6 with 1394 viewsNortbankboy

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 22:31 - Feb 4 by magicdaps10

After we had sold Ayew and Williams for 30m plus just a few days before.

We didn't sign Allen because the club didn't want to sign him until we got money in first, bit tight right!?

What was it again, you couldn't make it up you say...... You don't need to make it up, they were the facts and the truth.

Sale was to take us to the next level..... The next level was get the money in first, cost us on Allen and that attitude cost us big style when we haggled for a month on the Siggy fee.

Hang your head in shame.

It's a shame you were not chairman.
I'm sure you are not tight and would have put money upfront for allen.

We could bought Allen for £12 mill but the sticking point was his wages.
I like Allen but I don't think he is worth £12 mill.
But football is all about opinions.
Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 18:58 - Feb 6 with 1351 viewsOldjack

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 17:59 - Feb 6 by Nortbankboy

His price went up after wonderful displays in the Euro's ,well worth the asking price

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 07:55 - Feb 7 with 1250 viewsmagicdaps10

Huw Jenkins successes in the transfer market on 17:59 - Feb 6 by Nortbankboy

You are missing the point and missing it spectacularly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024