Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wide open... 07:43 - Feb 6 with 1052 viewsstmichael

I am gutted because we genuinely look like a side chasing the UEFA League places and capable of reaching cup finals.
Brilliant with the ball and a goal scorer too.
BUT......
We are back to needing 3 goals to have a chance of a result.
Let’s be honest we didn’t replace Fonte let alone VVD..
Criminal neglect and its been obvious for 2 years now...

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Wide open... on 07:49 - Feb 6 with 1040 viewsdirk_doone

The back five of McCarthy, Cedric, Stephens, Bednarek and Bertrand, was beginning to look very good and even the top teams were finding it very hard to score against. Unfortunately, it only took an injury to one of them to badly mess things up

I have no doubt that if McCarthy and Cedric had been in the team for the first FA Cup match v Spurs, we'd have won it 1-0, like we did the league game.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Wide open... on 08:11 - Feb 6 with 1014 viewssaint22

Wide open... on 07:49 - Feb 6 by dirk_doone

The back five of McCarthy, Cedric, Stephens, Bednarek and Bertrand, was beginning to look very good and even the top teams were finding it very hard to score against. Unfortunately, it only took an injury to one of them to badly mess things up

I have no doubt that if McCarthy and Cedric had been in the team for the first FA Cup match v Spurs, we'd have won it 1-0, like we did the league game.

But we let Cedric leave because we have so much strength in depth it’s astonishing
Wide open... on 09:43 - Feb 6 with 949 viewsDorsetIan

That back 5 of McCarthy-Cedric-Bednarek-Stephens-Bertrand played for the full 90 mins against Wolves and still conceded 3 second half goals.

I don't think it's about the line up. Wolves, Liverpool and Spurs all have exceptionally powerful attacking line ups which, when they click, very few defences in the world will be able to resist. We press hard, it is not surprising that we tire towards the end of a game and gaps open up.

If Walker-Peters can drop into the right back slot and JWP is not out for too long then that core team that has been getting the results against other very good teams can continue pretty much as it was (especially now Armstrong is back).

We will miss Bednarek in the Burnley game, but otherwise I am not worried. This team will continue to play well, and if Redmond, Boufal and Adams start to achieve what they should in terms of goal scoring, we could still do very well.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Wide open... on 09:53 - Feb 6 with 933 viewsthis_charming_man

Wide open... on 07:49 - Feb 6 by dirk_doone

Cedric is the new Cafu, yes?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Wide open... on 09:53 - Feb 6 with 931 viewssaint22

Wide open... on 09:43 - Feb 6 by DorsetIan

That back 5 of McCarthy-Cedric-Bednarek-Stephens-Bertrand played for the full 90 mins against Wolves and still conceded 3 second half goals.

I don't think it's about the line up. Wolves, Liverpool and Spurs all have exceptionally powerful attacking line ups which, when they click, very few defences in the world will be able to resist. We press hard, it is not surprising that we tire towards the end of a game and gaps open up.

If Walker-Peters can drop into the right back slot and JWP is not out for too long then that core team that has been getting the results against other very good teams can continue pretty much as it was (especially now Armstrong is back).

We will miss Bednarek in the Burnley game, but otherwise I am not worried. This team will continue to play well, and if Redmond, Boufal and Adams start to achieve what they should in terms of goal scoring, we could still do very well.

As much as he is a liability on the deck Vestergaard against Burnley and their lump it forward style may work ok
If Ings Long And Redmond play like last night we should avenge that poor opening day defeat
Wide open... on 10:41 - Feb 6 with 887 viewsTimSaint

Wide open... on 09:53 - Feb 6 by saint22

As much as he is a liability on the deck Vestergaard against Burnley and their lump it forward style may work ok
If Ings Long And Redmond play like last night we should avenge that poor opening day defeat

Rewind to the Burnley away game last August, check the defender at fault for 2 of their 3 goals and then perhaps retract your statement ?

TimSaint

Wide open... on 11:41 - Feb 6 with 846 viewsDorsetIan

Wide open... on 10:41 - Feb 6 by TimSaint

Rewind to the Burnley away game last August, check the defender at fault for 2 of their 3 goals and then perhaps retract your statement ?

Vestergaard is a man of mystery.

It's a mystery why a man of 6ft 6 doesn't dominate the box with his head.

It's a mystery why Leicester apparently wanted to buy him.

Wide open... on 12:08 - Feb 6 with 832 views1885_SFC

They were saying on the radio yesterday before the Spurs game that Angus Gunn has a save ratio of 55% - the lowest in the Premier League of any goalkeeper that's played 5 or more games this season. For a game that Ralph wanted to win - I'm surprised he picked him.

If it aint broke don't fix it etc etc.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Wide open... on 12:30 - Feb 6 with 811 viewsfranniesTache

Still raging about last night, i've seen a lot of our fans talking about how proud they were of the side, or how the better team lost, but personally i think that's utter b*llocks.

As good as we looked going forward, and as dubious as the penalty was, the simple fact is Son was stood in yards of space because we didn't defend properly.

In recent weeks we've looked better because we've defended from the front, but our defence is so easily exposed we're still shipping goals.

The club need to invest in a decent center back, and a proper full back in the summer or we're just going to have the same problems we have now, and ultimately lose Ralph in the process
Wide open... on 12:34 - Feb 6 with 805 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Wide open... on 12:30 - Feb 6 by franniesTache

Still raging about last night, i've seen a lot of our fans talking about how proud they were of the side, or how the better team lost, but personally i think that's utter b*llocks.

As good as we looked going forward, and as dubious as the penalty was, the simple fact is Son was stood in yards of space because we didn't defend properly.

In recent weeks we've looked better because we've defended from the front, but our defence is so easily exposed we're still shipping goals.

The club need to invest in a decent center back, and a proper full back in the summer or we're just going to have the same problems we have now, and ultimately lose Ralph in the process

Yes absolutely, but the morning after, I feel that Spurs had to cheat to win.

Saints should've scored more (as always), they should have been positionally better in defence (as often the case), but if the club had those perfect players, they'd have been sold by now.

I'm coming round to the fact that Ralph is doing an incredible job, despite not seemingly being backed with transfers (incoming) and that his team did enough to come away with something had it not been for Spurs' cheating.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Wide open... on 13:29 - Feb 6 with 758 viewsthis_charming_man

Wide open... on 12:30 - Feb 6 by franniesTache

I said several times during our good run that it changes nothing in terms of the quality of our squad, we've still got a lot of players, especially in defence not good enough and we are the reason why we have been struggling in the first place. The likes of Stephens has been playing to his absolute maxiumum of late, but it doesn't mean he's now a great defender, he's an average one playing well.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Wide open... on 14:44 - Feb 6 with 713 viewsDorsetIan

Wide open... on 13:29 - Feb 6 by this_charming_man

I said several times during our good run that it changes nothing in terms of the quality of our squad, we've still got a lot of players, especially in defence not good enough and we are the reason why we have been struggling in the first place. The likes of Stephens has been playing to his absolute maxiumum of late, but it doesn't mean he's now a great defender, he's an average one playing well.

I had a good look at the highlights. 2nd (Moura) goal, Vestergaard all over the place but Moura had already left Hodjberj standing.

Third goal. Completely unforced error by Redmond to give the ball during an attack and then again Spurs left our midfield standing before a good cross from Ali.

Neither goal any fault of Stephens and like to think that neither goal would have been scored had Bednarek been playing on the left side of central defence.

So, tired legs in midfield and defenders out of position because of JWPs injury.

I think we are now in a position where our starting 11 is a good team but where the quality dips very quickly when that changes.

Wide open... on 18:11 - Feb 6 with 593 viewssaint22

Wide open... on 10:41 - Feb 6 by TimSaint

True but I was hoping he might have learned since then
He did win a few headers last night when he came on
As long as he doesn’t try to play football maybe he will get us to the seasons end
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024