Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Chancellor 23:04 - Feb 13 with 2710 viewsSaintNick

Rishi Sunak was born in Southampton and is from Portswood

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

New Chancellor on 23:16 - Feb 13 with 1607 viewsthis_charming_man

So we need a 130 inspired how many Southampton born, raised and saints supporters have made it onto the cabinet v Portsmouth born and raised?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

New Chancellor on 23:22 - Feb 13 with 1604 viewsPatfromPoole

This Tory Government is already drunk on power.

If Labour gets its act together, we could be in for an interesting few years after all. I think Nandy is their most credible candidate; if they go for Long-Bailey they have no chance, and Cummings can do what he likes for the next 10 years.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

New Chancellor on 23:25 - Feb 13 with 1600 viewsthis_charming_man

New Chancellor on 23:22 - Feb 13 by PatfromPoole

If Labour gets its act together, we could be in for an interesting few years after all. I think Nandy is their most credible candidate; if they go for Long-Bailey they have no chance, and Cummings can do what he likes for the next 10 years.

Your first sentence summed up the problem

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

New Chancellor on 23:34 - Feb 13 with 1588 viewsPatfromPoole

Rebecca has had her say.....

New Chancellor on 23:35 - Feb 13 with 1583 viewsgrumpy

New Chancellor on 23:25 - Feb 13 by this_charming_man

Your first sentence summed up the problem

Nandy would be my choice.
New Chancellor on 00:46 - Feb 14 with 1555 viewsDorsetIan

I agree about Nandy (although she could tone down the exasperated earnestness) but Starmer seems the clear leader.

Have a worry he might be too wooden, too ‚corporate‘, too boring. The safe but uninspiring choice.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

New Chancellor on 06:10 - Feb 14 with 1515 viewsOccasional_Showers

New Chancellor on 23:22 - Feb 13 by PatfromPoole

Completely disagree about public perception. What the public wants is Boris getting on with the job and he has once again shown he isn't afraid to rock the boat and get rid of people who stand in the way. As to Dominic Cummings he is a legend. A top bloke that takes no prisoners. Just what the country needs and just what the people want.

As to Labour it really doesn't matter who they choose because working class people dont trust any of them. Working class people are patriotic and Labour as an entire party hate patriotism. Theres no easy way back for Labour for years to come because the whole party is anti British and that will not change.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 6:14]

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

New Chancellor on 06:11 - Feb 14 with 1514 viewsBuggalugs

Used to live on the same street as me, FACT.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Login to get fewer ads

New Chancellor on 07:08 - Feb 14 with 1490 viewsPatfromPoole

New Chancellor on 00:46 - Feb 14 by DorsetIan

I agree about Nandy (although she could tone down the exasperated earnestness) but Starmer seems the clear leader.

Have a worry he might be too wooden, too ‚corporate‘, too boring. The safe but uninspiring choice.

Starmer should be consigned to the scrapheap for his role in Labour’s Brexit “strategy” at the last Election.

I agree with a lot of what Nandy says about taking the word “Empire” out of the MBE / OBE awards. It’s a totally outdated terminology.

Don’t think Nandy has enough support from the unions though. So she seems to me to by 3rd in a 3-horse race, with Thornberry surely the next to drop out.

New Chancellor on 07:26 - Feb 14 with 1468 viewsOccasional_Showers

New Chancellor on 07:08 - Feb 14 by PatfromPoole

Starmer should be consigned to the scrapheap for his role in Labour’s Brexit “strategy” at the last Election.

I agree with a lot of what Nandy says about taking the word “Empire” out of the MBE / OBE awards. It’s a totally outdated terminology.

Don’t think Nandy has enough support from the unions though. So she seems to me to by 3rd in a 3-horse race, with Thornberry surely the next to drop out.

Labour being unpatriotic again. That'll add to the hatred working class people have of those that have taken over their party.

Working class people are rightly proud of our empire that was.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 7:27]

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

New Chancellor on 07:56 - Feb 14 with 1428 viewsHeisenberg

2 months in. Questions about Boris free holiday which he didn't pay for and was 'facilitated' for him. HS2 will spiral out of control and will go way over the 100 hundred billion the clown has personally taken charge of. And he's lost his Chancellor and now has yet more enemies on the back benches. And he sacks a very competent Northern Ireland Minister who all sides of the divide were praising. And Brexit negotiations to start to add the chaos. It's hilarious.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

New Chancellor on 09:05 - Feb 14 with 1364 viewsRon11

New Chancellor on 07:56 - Feb 14 by Heisenberg

2 months in. Questions about Boris free holiday which he didn't pay for and was 'facilitated' for him. HS2 will spiral out of control and will go way over the 100 hundred billion the clown has personally taken charge of. And he's lost his Chancellor and now has yet more enemies on the back benches. And he sacks a very competent Northern Ireland Minister who all sides of the divide were praising. And Brexit negotiations to start to add the chaos. It's hilarious.

And if Labour had won, Jeremy would be doing what?
First off- fling the front door wide open for uncontrolled and unlimited immigration.
No thanks
New Chancellor on 09:17 - Feb 14 with 1355 viewsSaintNick

This was a post merely to point out that our new chancellor was a son of this city not start a political war, just to pre warn you 130 will up the stakes with James Callaghan 1970's prime minister and also claim that Abraham Lincoln once reviewed the fleet at Spithead

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

New Chancellor on 09:40 - Feb 14 with 1330 views1885_SFC

One of his childhood heroes was Southampton football player Matt Le Tissier.

"One of my prized possessions is an 18th birthday card signed by the entire Saints team, but Matt in the middle there, which I've still got," Mr Sunak told the BBC in an October 2019 interview.

"In terms of cultural upbringing, I'd be at the temple at the weekend - I'm a Hindu - but I'd also be at the Saints game as well on a Saturday - you do everything, you do both."

Old School is Cool

New Chancellor on 10:08 - Feb 14 with 1300 viewsDorsetIan

New Chancellor on 07:26 - Feb 14 by Occasional_Showers

Labour being unpatriotic again. That'll add to the hatred working class people have of those that have taken over their party.

Working class people are rightly proud of our empire that was.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 7:27]

These days, most sensible British people view the Empire ambiguously, taking a more balanced historical view than the knee-jerk jingoism you would automatically espouse.

The demographics are also against you. The Empire was over by 1980, so noone under 40 has any experience of it. Moreover, it was winding up since the end of the second world war, so no one under 75 was even born when it was thriving.

Linking any part of British identity to it now is an anachronism that only those living in the past would think important.

Now that we are free of the shackles of the EU, we need to be reaching out to the world as a modern 21st century nation. Harking back to Empire isn't go to do us any favours.

New Chancellor on 10:21 - Feb 14 with 1291 viewsPatfromPoole

New Chancellor on 09:40 - Feb 14 by 1885_SFC

One of his childhood heroes was Southampton football player Matt Le Tissier.

"One of my prized possessions is an 18th birthday card signed by the entire Saints team, but Matt in the middle there, which I've still got," Mr Sunak told the BBC in an October 2019 interview.

"In terms of cultural upbringing, I'd be at the temple at the weekend - I'm a Hindu - but I'd also be at the Saints game as well on a Saturday - you do everything, you do both."

Oh God, can he prove this?

This has all the potential to be up there with Blair’s “love” for Newcastle, and Cameron’s “support” of Aston Villa etc etc....

New Chancellor on 10:22 - Feb 14 with 1285 viewsRon11

New Chancellor on 10:08 - Feb 14 by DorsetIan

These days, most sensible British people view the Empire ambiguously, taking a more balanced historical view than the knee-jerk jingoism you would automatically espouse.

The demographics are also against you. The Empire was over by 1980, so noone under 40 has any experience of it. Moreover, it was winding up since the end of the second world war, so no one under 75 was even born when it was thriving.

Linking any part of British identity to it now is an anachronism that only those living in the past would think important.

Now that we are free of the shackles of the EU, we need to be reaching out to the world as a modern 21st century nation. Harking back to Empire isn't go to do us any favours.

I lived and worked in Nigeria for five years.
I still recall the comment to me from one of the Nigerian guys there I worked with - 'this country stopped moving forward in 1962'.
When I asked what he meant, he said 'that's when the British left'.
New Chancellor on 10:38 - Feb 14 with 1266 viewsDorsetIan

New Chancellor on 10:22 - Feb 14 by Ron11

I lived and worked in Nigeria for five years.
I still recall the comment to me from one of the Nigerian guys there I worked with - 'this country stopped moving forward in 1962'.
When I asked what he meant, he said 'that's when the British left'.

When was that? Nigeria now 27th in the world in terms of GDP, ahead of Argentina(28), Norway(29), UEA(30) etc...

Not the only measure by any means, but seems far from a basket case, no?

New Chancellor on 10:57 - Feb 14 with 1243 viewsJaySaint

New Chancellor on 10:38 - Feb 14 by DorsetIan

When was that? Nigeria now 27th in the world in terms of GDP, ahead of Argentina(28), Norway(29), UEA(30) etc...

Not the only measure by any means, but seems far from a basket case, no?

Have you ever been to Nigeria?
I have. It was (probably still is) an effing hellhole!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

New Chancellor on 11:03 - Feb 14 with 1234 viewsDorsetIan

New Chancellor on 10:57 - Feb 14 by JaySaint

Have you ever been to Nigeria?
I have. It was (probably still is) an effing hellhole!

No, never been.
This is Lonely Planet's take

"Nigeria is a pulsating powerhouse: as the most populous nation on the continent — nearly every fifth African is Nigerian — it dominates the region. Recently, though, the boom has shown a few signs of bust: the economy has been hit by the drop in crude oil prices. But Lagos, the main city, is resurgent: with burgeoning tech industries, posh restaurants and clubs, and an exploding arts scene, this megacity is the face of modern Africa."

New Chancellor on 11:07 - Feb 14 with 1228 viewsJaySaint

New Chancellor on 11:03 - Feb 14 by DorsetIan

No, never been.
This is Lonely Planet's take

"Nigeria is a pulsating powerhouse: as the most populous nation on the continent — nearly every fifth African is Nigerian — it dominates the region. Recently, though, the boom has shown a few signs of bust: the economy has been hit by the drop in crude oil prices. But Lagos, the main city, is resurgent: with burgeoning tech industries, posh restaurants and clubs, and an exploding arts scene, this megacity is the face of modern Africa."

Ah ok. Never been

I have remember seeing a dead body in the harbour by a dock (Lagos) and not one fuk given by anyone.

still, if Lonely Planet say it is a magnificent place........

New Chancellor on 11:10 - Feb 14 with 1224 viewsDorsetIan

New Chancellor on 11:07 - Feb 14 by JaySaint

Ah ok. Never been

I have remember seeing a dead body in the harbour by a dock (Lagos) and not one fuk given by anyone.

When were you there?

New Chancellor on 11:10 - Feb 14 with 1219 viewsJaySaint

New Chancellor on 11:10 - Feb 14 by DorsetIan

When were you there?

New Chancellor on 11:16 - Feb 14 with 1203 viewsDorsetIan

New Chancellor on 11:10 - Feb 14 by JaySaint

Fair enough. It's not on my bucket list.

New Chancellor on 12:05 - Feb 14 with 1175 viewskernow

New Chancellor on 11:07 - Feb 14 by JaySaint

Ah ok. Never been

Show any interest and it's assumed you're a relative and therefore liable for any costs of recovery and removal. Nature is left to take it's course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024