Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caroline flack ... 17:42 - Feb 15 with 5053 viewsdarthvader

hsa been found dead in her flat ...
Bloody hell terrible news

keep the faith coyr

Caroline flack ... on 18:03 - Feb 15 with 2861 viewsJaySaint

stunning lady, who clearly had relationship issues.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Caroline flack ... on 18:25 - Feb 15 with 2828 viewsUlsterBaz

It is terrible, only 40 years old. That said, and I’m genuinely not trolling here, if it had been a bloke up for assaulting his girlfriend who then subsequently died I’m not sure there’d be the same outpouring of grief on social media.
Caroline flack ... on 18:31 - Feb 15 with 2815 viewskingslandstand1

Caroline flack ... on 18:25 - Feb 15 by UlsterBaz

It is terrible, only 40 years old. That said, and I’m genuinely not trolling here, if it had been a bloke up for assaulting his girlfriend who then subsequently died I’m not sure there’d be the same outpouring of grief on social media.

I can see where you're coming from and probably correct, but this was def murder by the tabloids despite what she may or may not have done
Caroline flack ... on 19:02 - Feb 15 with 2772 viewsUlsterBaz

Caroline flack ... on 18:31 - Feb 15 by kingslandstand1

I can see where you're coming from and probably correct, but this was def murder by the tabloids despite what she may or may not have done

Confirmed by her lawyer that she took her own life. Poor girl.
Caroline flack ... on 19:17 - Feb 15 with 2756 viewsHeisenberg

Caroline flack ... on 18:31 - Feb 15 by kingslandstand1

Absloutely. The press have been relentless tearing into a person with clear mental health issues. They are absolute scum.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Caroline flack ... on 20:07 - Feb 15 with 2695 viewsdarthvader

Cant believe it she was so young and with a good tv career . The way she has been hounded is absolutly disgusting. We all make stupid mistakes in our lives . Its just so sad she thought that she had no way out .

keep the faith coyr

Caroline flack ... on 22:26 - Feb 15 with 2571 viewsOccasional_Showers

Such a terrible shame that she thought there was no other way out. She needed help, not the CPS pursuing a case her boyfriend didn’t want brought against her.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Caroline flack ... on 22:37 - Feb 15 with 2573 viewsthis_charming_man

Caroline flack ... on 22:26 - Feb 15 by Occasional_Showers

Such a terrible shame that she thought there was no other way out. She needed help, not the CPS pursuing a case her boyfriend didn’t want brought against her.

Agreed. I believe she had a few demons too, but by all accounts a great girl, good fun to be around. Ridiculous the cps decided to carry on with the case despite her boyfriend not wanting too.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Login to get fewer ads

Caroline flack ... on 23:24 - Feb 15 with 2535 views1885_SFC

Caroline flack ... on 22:37 - Feb 15 by this_charming_man

Agreed. I believe she had a few demons too, but by all accounts a great girl, good fun to be around. Ridiculous the cps decided to carry on with the case despite her boyfriend not wanting too.

Tis the law nowadays TCM. It's not up to her boyfriend whether or not the CPS go ahead and prosecute. It would appear that, at some point, Burton has made a statement to the police – that makes him a witness to proceedings. Once he is a witness, the CPS and police have powers to summons him to court and if he fails to attend, arrange for him to be arrested.

Old School is Cool

Caroline flack ... on 00:17 - Feb 16 with 2513 viewsDorsetIan

Caroline flack ... on 23:24 - Feb 15 by 1885_SFC

Tis the law nowadays TCM. It's not up to her boyfriend whether or not the CPS go ahead and prosecute. It would appear that, at some point, Burton has made a statement to the police – that makes him a witness to proceedings. Once he is a witness, the CPS and police have powers to summons him to court and if he fails to attend, arrange for him to be arrested.

You’re right it’s not up to the victim whether they prosecute but the CPS have to conclude that it is ‘in the public interest’ to prosecute someone, not just that they are likely to be guilty.

I wonder how many other prosecutions against women assaulting men in a domestic context their are each year?

Does seem she was being made an example of.

Tragic business. Reminds me of when David Kelly killed himself - holds a mirror up to the state of things.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Caroline flack ... on 07:56 - Feb 16 with 2415 viewssaint22

Caroline flack ... on 19:17 - Feb 15 by Heisenberg

Absloutely. The press have been relentless tearing into a person with clear mental health issues. They are absolute scum.

As long as people read the mail the sun the star aspect the scum will exist
And this nation is full of those people
Caroline flack ... on 08:12 - Feb 16 with 2378 viewsMarcus_y

Caroline flack ... on 07:56 - Feb 16 by saint22

It goes alot deeper than just people reading tabloids.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Caroline flack ... on 08:19 - Feb 16 with 2386 viewsHeisenberg

Indeed. Social media plays a huge part. Why people spend their lives on Facebook or Twitter is beyond me. The gutter press does need to be held accountable for what it prints though. It's corporate bullying that destroys people's lives.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Caroline flack ... on 08:41 - Feb 16 with 2341 viewsMarcus_y

Caroline flack ... on 08:19 - Feb 16 by Heisenberg

Indeed. Social media plays a huge part. Why people spend their lives on Facebook or Twitter is beyond me. The gutter press does need to be held accountable for what it prints though. It's corporate bullying that destroys people's lives.

All forms of bullying play their part. People should have the presence of mind to think before they speak as u never know if the person your are speaking to is on the edge.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 8:56]

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Caroline flack ... on 08:52 - Feb 16 with 2340 viewsJaySaint

Ironic seeing various personalities on twitter (from both left and the right) posting their 'thoughts and prayers' along with telling us the disgust of trolls that lead to such tragic events.......

right before (or after if you can be bothered to have a quick look) their own latest 'pile in' on someone they don't like.....

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Caroline flack ... on 09:24 - Feb 16 with 2291 viewskentsouthampton

Caroline flack ... on 22:26 - Feb 15 by Occasional_Showers

The sun printing this really helped as well.

Caroline flack ... on 11:01 - Feb 16 with 2231 viewskingslandstand1

Caroline flack ... on 07:56 - Feb 16 by saint22

What paper do you read?
Caroline flack ... on 13:46 - Feb 16 with 2150 viewsSadoldgit

Caroline flack ... on 22:37 - Feb 15 by this_charming_man

The CPS take domestic violence very seriously as they should. It doesn’t matter what gender you are and whether you are an attractive TV celebrity, if you hit someone over the head when they are sleeping and freak them out so much that they phone 999 and claim that their girlfriend is trying to murder them, there are consequences. It is not the fault of the CPS that she has taken her own life.
Caroline flack ... on 13:55 - Feb 16 with 2138 views1885_SFC

Caroline flack ... on 13:46 - Feb 16 by Sadoldgit

The CPS take domestic violence very seriously as they should. It doesn’t matter what gender you are and whether you are an attractive TV celebrity, if you hit someone over the head when they are sleeping and freak them out so much that they phone 999 and claim that their girlfriend is trying to murder them, there are consequences. It is not the fault of the CPS that she has taken her own life.

Well said.

Old School is Cool

Caroline flack ... on 15:33 - Feb 16 with 2076 viewsSadoldgit

Perhaps the person who down voted my post ought to read the police record of what happened when they arrested her.
Caroline flack ... on 20:59 - Feb 16 with 1950 viewsDorsetIan

Caroline flack ... on 15:33 - Feb 16 by Sadoldgit

Perhaps the person who down voted my post ought to read the police record of what happened when they arrested her.

Two problems for the CPS. 1. They both disputed the CPS version of events. 2.He didn’t support the prosecution, so what evidence were the CPS going to adduce about what happened?

Also, judge harsh to impose a bail condition keeping them apart for his protection, when he was not complaining.

Apparently only 10% of reports of domestic abuse lead to a prosecution. Questions to answer certainly why this was one of them.

The other high profile person recently involved in a domestic fracas ended up in No.10 rather than the dock.

Caroline flack ... on 22:38 - Feb 16 with 1893 viewsSadoldgit

The police supply theCPS with evidence. Apparently this included her boyfriends transcript of his 999 call and what was said when the police turned up at the flat. According the police Flack repeatedly called her boyfriend an “asshole” and said the he had “ruined her life.” She turned a table over and had to be physically restrained by the police. Both her and her boyfriend were covered in blood when they answered the door and both had injuries. The bed in the flat was heavily bloodstained. He said in his 999 call that she was trying to kill him. It is not unusual in violent domestic matters to keep both parties apart as part of the bail conditions. It is not unusual in domestic violence cases for one or both parties to play down what happened which is why there are so many repeat offences. The couple are kept apart to protect the victim. If the situation did not play out the way the police said it did to the CPS then that would have come out in court. It is not down to the CPS to determine whether the accused is fit enough to go to trial. If there are issues it is down to the defence to take the issue up with the court.

I used to work for the CPS so know a bit about how these things work.
Caroline flack ... on 22:53 - Feb 16 with 1884 viewsSadoldgit

I should have added that it doesn’t matter if the victim does not support the prosecution. If the CPS believe that they have enough evidence for a conviction and feel that it is in the public interest to prosecute, they will take the case to court.

If it had been the other way around and he was charged with assaulting her, I wonder if we would be having this conversation?

As I said earlier, domestic violence cases are taken very seriously.
Caroline flack ... on 23:05 - Feb 16 with 1874 viewsDorsetIan

Caroline flack ... on 22:38 - Feb 16 by Sadoldgit

The police supply theCPS with evidence. Apparently this included her boyfriends transcript of his 999 call and what was said when the police turned up at the flat. According the police Flack repeatedly called her boyfriend an “asshole” and said the he had “ruined her life.” She turned a table over and had to be physically restrained by the police. Both her and her boyfriend were covered in blood when they answered the door and both had injuries. The bed in the flat was heavily bloodstained. He said in his 999 call that she was trying to kill him. It is not unusual in violent domestic matters to keep both parties apart as part of the bail conditions. It is not unusual in domestic violence cases for one or both parties to play down what happened which is why there are so many repeat offences. The couple are kept apart to protect the victim. If the situation did not play out the way the police said it did to the CPS then that would have come out in court. It is not down to the CPS to determine whether the accused is fit enough to go to trial. If there are issues it is down to the defence to take the issue up with the court.

I used to work for the CPS so know a bit about how these things work.

I do hear what you’re saying and usually domestic violence cases are pretty grubby, and there’s a real danger that the woman (who is normally the victim) has been coerced into ‘not pressing charges’ and of being intimidated by the man if not kept apart during bail.

But is that really compatible with what was happening in this case?

A minority of domestic violence cases are women against men. I would really like to know how many of those prosecutions are done against the man’s wishes?

I am not saying the CPS are to blame for her death, I just think there are some questions to be answered.

And it’s starting to feel a bit An Inspector Calls to me. CPS, judge, newspapers, social media, ITV - no one individually to blame but...

Caroline flack ... on 08:41 - Feb 17 with 1781 viewskentsouthampton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024