Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skates 21:58 - Feb 18 with 3905 viewsPatfromPoole

Ridiculously fortunate tonight. I just hope it cocks up their League form.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Skates on 22:42 - Feb 18 with 1919 views1teeminants

IT's a mickey mouse trophy which they don't care about so it doesn't matter.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Skates on 23:05 - Feb 18 with 1885 viewskingslandstand1

Skates on 22:42 - Feb 18 by 1teeminants

IT's a mickey mouse trophy which they don't care about so it doesn't matter.

Well it was .................
Skates on 00:12 - Feb 19 with 1847 viewsDENZY

It was a worthless tin of paint when we won it, but now they get to the final and they are falling over themselves to get a ticket

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

Skates on 05:41 - Feb 19 with 1787 viewsPatfromPoole

Skates on 00:12 - Feb 19 by DENZY

It was a worthless tin of paint when we won it, but now they get to the final and they are falling over themselves to get a ticket

I see there will be a clash of their 300,000 fans taking over London Town for the final in the same weekend that we are at Watford.

Skates on 05:46 - Feb 19 with 1784 viewsPatfromPoole

Attendance was officially 14,735. But looked a lot less on the TV.

Didn’t we have 30,000 for an equivalent game against MK Dons in the season we won the comp?

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2020/february/match-report-for-portsmouth-vs

Skates on 06:07 - Feb 19 with 1766 viewsWints76

My Pompey mates have boycotted it (as loads of them said they would) and have remained true to their word.

And yes, we got 30,000 on the same night Pompey got about 16,000 for a home Premier League match
Skates on 07:17 - Feb 19 with 1726 viewsPatfromPoole

Skates on 06:07 - Feb 19 by Wints76

My Pompey mates have boycotted it (as loads of them said they would) and have remained true to their word.

And yes, we got 30,000 on the same night Pompey got about 16,000 for a home Premier League match

I see they could be playing Newport in the final.

I can’t think of anybody who might get just a little bit carried away at that prospect....

Skates on 07:26 - Feb 19 with 1719 viewsWints76

Skates on 07:17 - Feb 19 by PatfromPoole

I can’t think of anybody who might get just a little bit carried away at that prospect....

I daresay there could be photographic evidence as well
Login to get fewer ads

Skates on 07:28 - Feb 19 with 1718 viewsthis_charming_man

Great that’s all we need. New record for updates and photos incoming

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Skates on 08:07 - Feb 19 with 1678 viewsIngskneeslide

I await Nick’s article praising their magnificent support last night with interest.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 8:09]
Skates on 08:24 - Feb 19 with 1654 viewssolent_toffee

I bet they end up going to the final though.

Fair play to them, with all the crap that goes on in football with VAR, Klopp, the big 4, sorry big 5, no wait big 6 etc, it’s good (for the neutral) to see someone actually getting some enjoyment out of the game.

I understand why you wouldn’t though.
Skates on 08:26 - Feb 19 with 1650 viewsthis_charming_man

Skates on 08:07 - Feb 19 by Ingskneeslide

I await Nick’s article praising their magnificent support last night with interest.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 8:09]

If only we were more like them..........

Skates on 08:27 - Feb 19 with 1645 viewsWints76

Skates on 08:24 - Feb 19 by solent_toffee

I bet they end up going to the final though.

Fair play to them, with all the crap that goes on in football with VAR, Klopp, the big 4, sorry big 5, no wait big 6 etc, it’s good (for the neutral) to see someone actually getting some enjoyment out of the game.

I understand why you wouldn’t though.

Didn't last season, though I believe there is some leeway being discussed this season and he is letting his son go if someone else takes him. He says allowing U23 teams in is the first step to allowing them know to the lower leagues. I admire his stance
Skates on 09:20 - Feb 19 with 1602 viewskingslandstand1

Hey, nothing wrong with Newport, I'll have a son in law and his dad at Wembley to see that clash of the titans!!! (assuming the taffs can beat the mighty Mancs from Salford tonight. They're going to that one as well travelling from Soton this afternoon - well it also ties in with seeing a sick relative )
Skates on 09:22 - Feb 19 with 1595 viewskingslandstand1

Skates on 08:26 - Feb 19 by this_charming_man

Why, do you want to have 6 fingers on one hand?
Skates on 11:22 - Feb 19 with 1519 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

"Ridiculously fortunate tonight. I just hope it cocks up their League form. "

Is that correct?

55 : 45 Possession
16 : 8 Shots
6 : 1 Shots on Target
3 : 2 Corners

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Skates on 11:23 - Feb 19 with 1517 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Skates on 08:26 - Feb 19 by this_charming_man

This isn't a dig, but I honestly feel that if your fans made more noise, you would have had more success over the years.

Skates on 11:29 - Feb 19 with 1513 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Skates on 07:28 - Feb 19 by this_charming_man

Great that’s all we need. New record for updates and photos incoming

We have already tied the most Trophy final appearances for a south coast side, we already have the maximum final trophy attendance, now we just need to get the max final attendance, outright for one set of fans.

Skates on 11:36 - Feb 19 with 1503 viewsthis_charming_man

Skates on 11:29 - Feb 19 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

We have already tied the most Trophy final appearances for a south coast side, we already have the maximum final trophy attendance, now we just need to get the max final attendance, outright for one set of fans.

I was actually on about a mutual aquantence Pat, Wints and I have who is a Newport country fans who spends his life updating facebook and posting pictures of himself and his crew whenever he leaves the house, nothing to do with your lot im afraid.

Skates on 11:42 - Feb 19 with 1480 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Skates on 11:36 - Feb 19 by this_charming_man

I was actually on about a mutual aquantence Pat, Wints and I have who is a Newport country fans who spends his life updating facebook and posting pictures of himself and his crew whenever he leaves the house, nothing to do with your lot im afraid.

44,000 at Wembley wasn't it?

Skates on 11:49 - Feb 19 with 1474 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Skates on 00:12 - Feb 19 by DENZY

We just didn't want anyone one-upmanship from your fans as it was the only competition that you had won that we hadn't.

Your fans went on and on about the number of your fans at Wembley, so I can only guess the clammer is to beat that total.

Skates on 12:37 - Feb 19 with 1451 viewsDENZY

Skates on 11:42 - Feb 19 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

44,000 at Wembley wasn't it?

51000 I think, as we had practically every seat in club Wembley. We were also declined more tickets when we asked for them due to segregation issues.

But have a great day out at the worthless paint pot/baby wipe trophy

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

Skates on 14:35 - Feb 19 with 1356 viewsButty101

Skates on 11:29 - Feb 19 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Well done on beating Exeter Reserves. Exeter took the gamer so seriously that they made 10 changes from Saturday and had 4 players in the starting line up that had never played for the first team before. Pompey on the other hand played their first team and still struggled.

What was the real attendance 10k, it looked empty on the goals highlights.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Skates on 15:18 - Feb 19 with 1319 viewskingslandstand1

Skates on 11:23 - Feb 19 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

This isn't a dig, but I honestly feel that if your fans made more noise, you would have had more success over the years.

So your success is based on a couple of relegations and failed promotion attempts?
Skates on 16:32 - Feb 19 with 1269 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

In all seriousness, if fans of a club hardly ever see a trophy winning season, they will often turn up in big numbers near the later stages no matter what the competition just in case they can't get a ticket for the final, or so they can say that they were there on the journey.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024