Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM to Blackpool? 11:29 - Feb 19 with 17833 viewsDareToCalvin

He’s come out of nowhere this morning and is now second favourite at 2/1 to become the next Blackpool manager according to Skybet. Thoughts? I’d be sad to see him go but it wouldn’t be a disaster.
BBM to Blackpool? on 12:16 - Feb 19 with 7191 viewssweetcorn

Rather see him not go..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:17 - Feb 19 with 7168 viewsTVOS1907

Probably a rumour peddled by the same person who said we wanted Ian Evatt.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:20 - Feb 19 with 7166 viewsJames1980

Rochdale Rumours

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:23 - Feb 19 with 7152 viewsrafc1984

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:20 - Feb 19 by James1980

Rochdale Rumours

In to 7/4
BBM to Blackpool? on 12:26 - Feb 19 with 7136 viewsIOMDale

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:23 - Feb 19 by rafc1984

In to 7/4

These rumours are often self-perpetuating as people will tend to lump on money before the odds worsen just in case the rumours are true.

Don't forget that Evatt was something like 1/2 for our job at one point.

UTDNFS

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:31 - Feb 19 with 7100 viewsrafc1984

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:26 - Feb 19 by IOMDale

These rumours are often self-perpetuating as people will tend to lump on money before the odds worsen just in case the rumours are true.

Don't forget that Evatt was something like 1/2 for our job at one point.

It isn't a rumour, its fact 7/4 on sky bet.
I'm well aware of betting markets thanks, and I've not forgotten about ian evert being 1/2 nailed on favourite.
BBM to Blackpool? on 12:35 - Feb 19 with 7076 viewsIOMDale

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:31 - Feb 19 by rafc1984

I'm well aware of betting markets thanks, and I've not forgotten about ian evert being 1/2 nailed on favourite.

Wasn't questioning the odds, more that BBM is linked with the job, which definitely is a rumour.

UTDNFS

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:38 - Feb 19 with 7008 viewsD_Alien

Surely his comment (regarding Hendo, and i paraphrase) about "being settled but tempted by a lot more money" won't prove to be cryptic?

Having said that, he'd be able to gaze out over the Irish Sea

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:39 - Feb 19 with 7028 viewskiwidale

Got a feeling that this may be true and good luck to him should he accept It will give him a better chance to extol his football philosophy at a bigger club and a chance for us to reset with a manager with a more pragmatic approach without ditching completely playing from the back.

This is not the time for bickering.

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:43 - Feb 19 with 7001 viewskiwidale

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:38 - Feb 19 by D_Alien

Surely his comment (regarding Hendo, and i paraphrase) about "being settled but tempted by a lot more money" won't prove to be cryptic?

Well spotted D_A you could very well be on the money.

This is not the time for bickering.

BBM to Blackpool? on 13:11 - Feb 19 with 6894 viewsSaxonDale

I'd see it as a real blow if we were to lose BBM. Yes, he's made mistakes this season but considering how new he is to the role I think he's done a decent enough job. He's clearly highly rated in the game- as has been seen by our developing ties with Sheff Utd. He's nowhere near a great manager yet but I think there's enough about him to suggest he could be very successful here in the next few years. With respect to Blackpool I'd be expecting a higher jump from him in 12 months or so.
BBM to Blackpool? on 13:20 - Feb 19 with 6852 viewsJames1980

Could this be Blackpool leaking information to spread disensention in our ranks?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM to Blackpool? on 13:23 - Feb 19 with 6835 viewselectricblue

Should BBM leave to become the next Blackpool manager ( which i cant see happening) would the Dale job be offered to Gary Bowyer!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

BBM to Blackpool? on 13:26 - Feb 19 with 6808 viewsKenBoon

BBM to Blackpool? on 13:20 - Feb 19 by James1980

Could this be Blackpool leaking information to spread disensention in our ranks?

No.

Some bloke I know who pretends to know everything about Blackpool FC says there's nowt in it. His words, not mine.
BBM to Blackpool? on 13:31 - Feb 19 with 6793 viewsZac_B

A few years back, I heard (from someone who gave me half a story rather than a full one!) that Chris Beech taking over as manager was a done deal.

I popped on to Sky Bet to put £50 on at 2/1. The odds immediately changed to 1/4 based on my bet.

And I lost as he was only appointed caretaker manager.
BBM to Blackpool? on 13:41 - Feb 19 with 6743 viewsAtThePeake

BBM to Blackpool? on 13:23 - Feb 19 by electricblue

Should BBM leave to become the next Blackpool manager ( which i cant see happening) would the Dale job be offered to Gary Bowyer!

I hope not.

Tangled up in blue.

BBM to Blackpool? on 14:00 - Feb 19 with 6667 viewsChaffRAFC

BBM to Blackpool? on 13:41 - Feb 19 by AtThePeake

I hope not.

Retweet

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

BBM to Blackpool? on 15:22 - Feb 19 with 6408 viewsShun

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:38 - Feb 19 by D_Alien

What did he say about Henderson?

He’s jumped to the favourite now on SkyBet.
BBM to Blackpool? on 15:26 - Feb 19 with 6403 viewsrochedale

BBM to Blackpool? on 15:22 - Feb 19 by Shun

He’s not listed as an option on William Hill.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

BBM to Blackpool? on 15:49 - Feb 19 with 6264 viewsD_Alien

BBM to Blackpool? on 15:22 - Feb 19 by Shun

In response to a direct question from the forum, i can only paraphrase but BBM said Hendo was looking to sign a new contract with Dale and that talks would be taking place within the next few weeks. He qualified this along the lines of "but there's always the possibility that he'd be interested if a much more lucrative contract was on offer elsewhere"

Nothing particularly revelatory in any of that

[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 15:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBM to Blackpool? on 15:56 - Feb 19 with 6248 viewsscarrow

BBM to Blackpool? on 15:49 - Feb 19 by D_Alien

In response to a direct question from the forum, i can only paraphrase but BBM said Hendo was looking to sign a new contract with Dale and that talks would be taking place within the next few weeks. He qualified this along the lines of "but there's always the possibility that he'd be interested if a much more lucrative contract was on offer elsewhere"

Nothing particularly revelatory in any of that

[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 15:52]

You'd have expected talks to have happened already. I wonder whether length of contract might be more of an issue.

Poll: Final position

BBM to Blackpool? on 18:00 - Feb 19 with 5907 viewsDaleyBrent

Praying this doesn’t happen.
BBM to Blackpool? on 18:10 - Feb 19 with 5839 viewsblackdogblue

BBM to Blackpool? on 15:56 - Feb 19 by scarrow

You'd have expected talks to have happened already. I wonder whether length of contract might be more of an issue.

Do I have an opinion on BBM going Blackpool?

Truth be told no.. not that I don’t like him, not that I do either. The tactics he plays are boring to watch week in week out, yes he has no budget & turned things around last season to keep us up.

He does a job but I ain’t part of BBM’s Barmy Army nor will I be singing e I e I o up the... in the distant future

A change of manager could be a good or bad thing & links to Sheffield Utd is a bit tenuous???

If I was a gambling man which I’m not, I would have a sneaky £10 on Kim Jung Hill, he’s about as popular as a pork ... (can’t use that line anymore due to anti semitism)... Bolton screaming Hill out 😂

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

BBM to Blackpool? on 18:59 - Feb 19 with 5694 viewsThacks_Rabbits

BBM to Blackpool? on 18:10 - Feb 19 by blackdogblue

Do I have an opinion on BBM going Blackpool?

Truth be told no.. not that I don’t like him, not that I do either. The tactics he plays are boring to watch week in week out, yes he has no budget & turned things around last season to keep us up.

He does a job but I ain’t part of BBM’s Barmy Army nor will I be singing e I e I o up the... in the distant future

A change of manager could be a good or bad thing & links to Sheffield Utd is a bit tenuous???

If I was a gambling man which I’m not, I would have a sneaky £10 on Kim Jung Hill, he’s about as popular as a pork ... (can’t use that line anymore due to anti semitism)... Bolton screaming Hill out 😂

Similar views to you black dog. BBM is basically doing the job the likes of vic halom, Eddie gray, Danny Bergara, terry Dolan et el did in keeping us going and avoiding going down.

Dolan pushed us up the table a bit and was the start of a level of ambition, Sutton came in and we should have made the play offs at least.

I like bbm but he is nothing spectacular, if Blackpool pay us 100k compensation then he can go.

Would like to see Tony Ellis given a go if bbm does leave.

Think it’s very unlikely tbh, if you ring up and ask for 100 quid on big Sam they would give you a silly price like 5/2, the market size is so small and high risk it’s never worth a bet!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

BBM to Blackpool? on 21:24 - Feb 19 with 5313 viewsboromat

I'd be gutted if BBM left after such a short tenure. Also not sure who at the club could step up to the role at the moment. Tony Ellis is the obvious but he does so well in his current role that is also a secure position. Would he really want it? I'm not sure.

Bringing people in from other clubs is normally either expensive or a huge risk.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024