Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Priti Patel 08:36 - Feb 23 with 4595 viewssaint22

Nasty piece of work and proving further Boris is clueless

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/22/home-office-immigration-head-qu
Priti Patel on 08:47 - Feb 23 with 2443 viewsButty101

You have a lot in common with her.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Priti Patel on 08:51 - Feb 23 with 2437 viewsHeisenberg

Priti Patel on 08:47 - Feb 23 by Butty101

You have a lot in common with her.

Nah. 22 might be an idiot but he's pretty harmless. Priti Patel is a nasty bit of work presiding over a complete disaster at the Home Office.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Priti Patel on 09:18 - Feb 23 with 2394 viewsOccasional_Showers

I like her. She is doing what Dominic Cummings is doing and that is to put civil servants in their place. Their job is to do as they are told to do, and with the people choosing to elect a landslide Conservative government this government has the mandate to steam roller through its policies.

The fact the left hate her and this people’s government means she and they are doing a very good job.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Priti Patel on 09:19 - Feb 23 with 2400 viewsMarcus_y

Is it not racist to criticise a politician of colour? I mean, come on, each time anyone calls out Abbott we are called racists. Hypocrisy yet again.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Priti Patel on 09:24 - Feb 23 with 2380 viewsOccasional_Showers

“He’s indicated to our reps that it was mainly because they had had major run-ins. It was clear that [Patel] had come in and was trying to do things that they [Home Office officials] just weren’t comfortable with and [Thomson] sort of said ‘I’m off then’.”

So there we have it. An elected minister of a government that won a landslide victory tells a civil servant what she wants doing and the civil servant has the audacity to try to defy her. These pen pushers need to make a choice - do as you are told or clear off. It really is as simple as that.

Priti Patel on 09:27 - Feb 23 with 2383 viewssaint22

Priti Patel on 08:51 - Feb 23 by Heisenberg

Nah. 22 might be an idiot but he's pretty harmless. Priti Patel is a nasty bit of work presiding over a complete disaster at the Home Office.

Thank you Heisenberg
This really goes to show what a self serving bunch have just been elected
It’s astonishing that swathes of the country thought that choosing Boris would mean a better future
Already he is is blowing 110bn on a pointless rail system
In 4 years this country will be in an even worse state
Priti Patel on 09:31 - Feb 23 with 2363 viewsOccasional_Showers

Priti Patel on 09:27 - Feb 23 by saint22

Thank you Heisenberg
This really goes to show what a self serving bunch have just been elected
It’s astonishing that swathes of the country thought that choosing Boris would mean a better future
Already he is is blowing 110bn on a pointless rail system
In 4 years this country will be in an even worse state

5 more years of it too.

Boo hoo.

Priti Patel on 09:33 - Feb 23 with 2365 viewskernow

Priti Patel on 09:19 - Feb 23 by Marcus_y

Is it not racist to criticise a politician of colour? I mean, come on, each time anyone calls out Abbott we are called racists. Hypocrisy yet again.

No mention of racism. Have I missed something ?
Login to get fewer ads

Priti Patel on 09:41 - Feb 23 with 2351 viewsMarcus_y

Priti Patel on 09:33 - Feb 23 by kernow

No mention of racism. Have I missed something ?

Yes, you have missed something and likely deliberately. How many times have people been called racist for having a pop at Abbott on here? And you know it, don't come on with the old act. Double standards from the loony left as ever.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Priti Patel on 09:44 - Feb 23 with 2341 viewsOccasional_Showers

“Patel claimed that eight million “economically inactive” British adults could be given the skills to do jobs in sectors where there were shortages as a result of the new points-based system.”

That’s just what the people want to see. Get the fat lazy slobs off their arses working in cabbage fields.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 9:50]

Priti Patel on 09:46 - Feb 23 with 2341 viewskernow

Priti Patel on 09:41 - Feb 23 by Marcus_y

Yes, you have missed something and likely deliberately. How many times have people been called racist for having a pop at Abbott on here? And you know it, don't come on with the old act. Double standards from the loony left as ever.

Loony left ?
Priti Patel on 09:54 - Feb 23 with 2303 viewsDorsetIan

It’s funny how people could say anything they liked about Abbott without it being possible that racism could be involved.

And yet with Patel criticism is immediately identified as racism.

Priti Patel is clearly very limited intellectually. This, to me, is clear from the way she only EVER talks in soundbites, and the mistakes she constantly makes.

I think people are now beginning to realise this. Even The Times - not a ‘leftie’ publication - has been gunning for her this week, describing her as ‘completely out of her depth’.

She has political capital because she supported Boris throughout. Also, she’s useful at the moment because she will do and say anything, so she’s a good stooge to push through this new immigration policy.

But her days are numbered. And I am happy to sit back, watch the ongoing car crash, and wait for the inevitable day.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Priti Patel on 09:57 - Feb 23 with 2293 viewsstmichael

Nah she’s doing ok.
We have a centre right government and they are doing what centre right governments do.
If Labour had been centre left they would probably be in power now.
As soon as you go too far one way or the other it’s curtains...

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Priti Patel on 10:02 - Feb 23 with 2282 viewsOccasional_Showers

The only people who don’t like her are people who would never vote Conservative anyway....

Nothing to see here.

Priti Patel on 10:22 - Feb 23 with 2263 viewsDorsetIan

Priti Patel on 10:02 - Feb 23 by Occasional_Showers

The only people who don’t like her are people who would never vote Conservative anyway....

Nothing to see here.

Like The Times you mean?...

What you will never understand Ignatius is that most people don’t think like you do.

Most people are able to think beyond petty personal prejudice and childish partisan bigotry.

Priti Patel on 10:23 - Feb 23 with 2255 viewsOccasional_Showers

Priti Patel on 10:22 - Feb 23 by DorsetIan

Like The Times you mean?...

What you will never understand Ignatius is that most people don’t think like you do.

Most people are able to think beyond petty personal prejudice and childish partisan bigotry.

Most working class people think exactly as I do. They despise Labour.

Priti Patel on 10:30 - Feb 23 with 2250 viewsDorsetIan

Priti Patel on 10:23 - Feb 23 by Occasional_Showers

Most working class people think exactly as I do. They despise Labour.

I’m not talking about your political persuasion, I’m talking about your adolescent mindset.

Enjoy your commemorative 50p.

Priti Patel on 10:38 - Feb 23 with 2236 viewskentsouthampton

Priti Patel on 09:18 - Feb 23 by Occasional_Showers

I like her. She is doing what Dominic Cummings is doing and that is to put civil servants in their place. Their job is to do as they are told to do, and with the people choosing to elect a landslide Conservative government this government has the mandate to steam roller through its policies.

The fact the left hate her and this people’s government means she and they are doing a very good job.

Doing such a good job MI5 are limiting what they tell her because they don't trust her.
Priti Patel on 10:52 - Feb 23 with 2219 viewsOccasional_Showers

Priti Patel on 10:38 - Feb 23 by kentsouthampton

Doing such a good job MI5 are limiting what they tell her because they don't trust her.

Would you ever vote Conservative?

Priti Patel on 10:56 - Feb 23 with 2218 viewskingslandstand1

Quite sha66able though
Priti Patel on 11:16 - Feb 23 with 2198 viewsKennington

What are the particular issues with her? Seems like she’s just doing what she was elected to do.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Priti Patel on 11:36 - Feb 23 with 2185 viewsDorsetIan

Priti Patel on 11:16 - Feb 23 by Kennington

What are the particular issues with her? Seems like she’s just doing what she was elected to do.

Big picture, you’re right, she is restricting immigration and appearing tough on crime, which is what she was elected to do.

The worry is the detail. The Home Office is massive, covering so many different areas, all of them hugely important and most of the decisions about them under the radar in terms of publicity.

But she is making them and she is simply not up to it in terms of her intellect.

It’s like putting someone who barely passed GCSE Physics in charge of a nuclear power station.

Priti Patel on 12:47 - Feb 23 with 2143 viewsChesham_Saint

Priti Patel on 11:36 - Feb 23 by DorsetIan

Big picture, you’re right, she is restricting immigration and appearing tough on crime, which is what she was elected to do.

The worry is the detail. The Home Office is massive, covering so many different areas, all of them hugely important and most of the decisions about them under the radar in terms of publicity.

But she is making them and she is simply not up to it in terms of her intellect.

It’s like putting someone who barely passed GCSE Physics in charge of a nuclear power station.

Patel may well be poor, but it is still early days. I take comfort form the fact that no matter how bad she turns out to be, there's no way she could be worse than Abbott who, let's be honest, is utterly clueless (and I'd say that about her whatever her political party).

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Priti Patel on 16:56 - Feb 23 with 2068 viewsDorsetIan

Priti Patel on 12:47 - Feb 23 by Chesham_Saint

Patel may well be poor, but it is still early days. I take comfort form the fact that no matter how bad she turns out to be, there's no way she could be worse than Abbott who, let's be honest, is utterly clueless (and I'd say that about her whatever her political party).

Small comfort Chesham, even if it were true.

If Abbott is dimmer than Patel (and I don’t think any politician is, Abbott included) then you have set the bar at ground level there.

It’s early days indeed, and thankfully those days are numbered.

I can’t imagine how she gets on with Cummings. Whatever else he is, he is not a sufferer of fools. He must despise her, and she must live in fear of encounters with him.

Priti Patel on 17:32 - Feb 23 with 2022 viewskentsouthampton

Priti Patel on 16:56 - Feb 23 by DorsetIan

Small comfort Chesham, even if it were true.

If Abbott is dimmer than Patel (and I don’t think any politician is, Abbott included) then you have set the bar at ground level there.

It’s early days indeed, and thankfully those days are numbered.

I can’t imagine how she gets on with Cummings. Whatever else he is, he is not a sufferer of fools. He must despise her, and she must live in fear of encounters with him.

She's a useful idiot,they'll use her to front up everything unpopular that they want to implement then get rid.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 17:33]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024