Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will it stop Liverpool? 15:11 - Feb 25 with 5257 viewsdirk_doone

Harvard University epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch is predicting the coronavirus "will ultimately not be containable" and, within a year, will infect somewhere between 40 and 70 percent of the world's population.

If he is right, it's certainly possible that all major sporting events will be cancelled although matches could still possibly be played in empty stadiums, which is what they are going to do in Italy.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 15:46 - Feb 25 with 2834 viewsPatfromPoole

Must admit, I am beginning to worry about the Euros this summer, for which I have tickets for every England game (assuming we win the Group in June, which is looking a bit dicey given the growing injury list.....)

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 17:04 - Feb 25 with 2791 viewsdirk_doone

Will it stop Liverpool? on 15:46 - Feb 25 by PatfromPoole

Must admit, I am beginning to worry about the Euros this summer, for which I have tickets for every England game (assuming we win the Group in June, which is looking a bit dicey given the growing injury list.....)

It's reached 40 countries so far and it now looks likely to spread to every corner of the earth. It will only require one country to fail to contain it for it to spread rapidly to millions of people. Then any event where crowds could gather would be cancelled. The next couple of weeks are critical because the window to prevent such a pandemic will soon close.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51631954
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 18:24]

Will it stop Liverpool? on 19:38 - Feb 25 with 2723 viewswashington_saint

I think some perspective is required here instead of the mass hysteria in the media, etc.

Here's some stats for you:

14,000 deaths and 250,000 hospitalized.......that is just the US for the winter 19/20 to date for regular flu.
Will it stop Liverpool? on 19:44 - Feb 25 with 2716 viewsHeisenberg

Will it stop Liverpool? on 19:38 - Feb 25 by washington_saint

I think some perspective is required here instead of the mass hysteria in the media, etc.

14,000 deaths and 250,000 hospitalized.......that is just the US for the winter 19/20 to date for regular flu.

The issue isn't about the number of deaths. This virus is a new strand that no one yet understands how contagious it is, how treatable it is and if it mutates whether existing medicines can respond to it. It's of extreme concern.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 21:37 - Feb 25 with 2628 viewsdirk_doone

Will it stop Liverpool? on 19:38 - Feb 25 by washington_saint

Like me, you are obviously not a trained epidemiologist.

Laymen may refer to 'regular flu' but there are in fact more than 300 flu viruses, which have evolved throughout the history of mankind, responsible for those deaths. The epidemiologists at both Harvard and Yale are talking about just one new one, COVID-19, which they say may result in a pandemic. So, divide your numbers by 300 and you will have some perspective.

So far, I'd say there has been little in the way of 'mass hysteria" from the UK media. They have been remarkably sanguine about it all. I guess it must be different over there in the US.

The cancellation of sporting events is merely a statement of fact as it's already post eventum and discussions as to whether more events will be cancelled are already under way.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/25/world/europe/coronavirus-soccer.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-51668572
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 3:52]

Will it stop Liverpool? on 23:16 - Feb 25 with 2526 viewsthis_charming_man

Pardon my ignorance but isn’t it just another version of a cold?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 23:26 - Feb 25 with 2517 viewsdirk_doone

Will it stop Liverpool? on 23:16 - Feb 25 by this_charming_man

Pardon my ignorance but isn’t it just another version of a cold?

No. Colds are another set of viruses, which can also cause respiratory illnesses. There are just 200 of them and they are far less dangerous than the 300 flu viruses.

[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 6:34]

Will it stop Liverpool? on 06:43 - Feb 26 with 2395 viewsMarcus_y

Coronavirus was caused by the launch of 5G in Wuhan. Read up on it and you will see the symptoms are exactly what people were warning of hen 5G was launched. Respiratory, fever. 5G tinkers with the construction of Oxygen molecule and thus creates issues with breathing.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Login to get fewer ads

Will it stop Liverpool? on 06:50 - Feb 26 with 2386 viewsKennington

Will it stop Liverpool? on 21:37 - Feb 25 by dirk_doone

Like me, you are obviously not a trained epidemiologist.

Laymen may refer to 'regular flu' but there are in fact more than 300 flu viruses, which have evolved throughout the history of mankind, responsible for those deaths. The epidemiologists at both Harvard and Yale are talking about just one new one, COVID-19, which they say may result in a pandemic. So, divide your numbers by 300 and you will have some perspective.

So far, I'd say there has been little in the way of 'mass hysteria" from the UK media. They have been remarkably sanguine about it all. I guess it must be different over there in the US.

The cancellation of sporting events is merely a statement of fact as it's already post eventum and discussions as to whether more events will be cancelled are already under way.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/25/world/europe/coronavirus-soccer.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-51668572
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 3:52]

I’ve studied public health to masters level, and I’d say you’re spot on. I’m particularly worried from a completely selfish perspective that the London Marathon will be cancelled in April. April feels a long time away for London not to have more cases.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 14:52 - Feb 26 with 2307 viewsdirk_doone

A Six Nations rugby international in Dublin postponed now:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51641149

Will it stop Liverpool? on 15:03 - Feb 26 with 2298 viewsWaylander

Will it stop Liverpool? on 06:43 - Feb 26 by Marcus_y

Coronavirus was caused by the launch of 5G in Wuhan. Read up on it and you will see the symptoms are exactly what people were warning of hen 5G was launched. Respiratory, fever. 5G tinkers with the construction of Oxygen molecule and thus creates issues with breathing.

"5G tinkers with the construction of the oxygen molecule"

Utter nonsense.
Will it stop Liverpool? on 19:00 - Feb 26 with 2248 viewsdarthvader

Ironically im currently suffering from the worst flu ive had in a long old time ive been to work today but i wish i hadnt , i worked in the fresh air and alone so no chance of spreding it ,( before i get shouted at ). Though had to come home early.

In bed now . Im hopeing to be over it soon but its getting worse .

Im not fishing for " u ok huns " or shït like that i know this aint freakbook .

However if anyone has any advice as to how i would know the difference between corona and flu symptoms id appreciate it . As atm from what ive heard it pretty much the same .

The only difference is the shortness of breath or dificulty breathing i dont have that thankfully .

Lets just say a bit of tummy trouble is also a bit of a complication .

I havent been travelling around the globe or come into contact with anyone who has .

I did go to the circus last week though . A few eastern europeans performing but i never touched any of them .

Any advice by our resident medical experts id appreciate it cheers

keep the faith coyr

Will it stop Liverpool? on 19:31 - Feb 26 with 2214 viewsTheMoog

Will it stop Liverpool? on 19:00 - Feb 26 by darthvader

Ironically im currently suffering from the worst flu ive had in a long old time ive been to work today but i wish i hadnt , i worked in the fresh air and alone so no chance of spreding it ,( before i get shouted at ). Though had to come home early.

However if anyone has any advice as to how i would know the difference between corona and flu symptoms id appreciate it . As atm from what ive heard it pretty much the same .

The only difference is the shortness of breath or dificulty breathing i dont have that thankfully .

I havent been travelling around the globe or come into contact with anyone who has .

I did go to the circus last week though . A few eastern europeans performing but i never touched any of them .

Doesn't seem like you have either.

Standby to standby

Will it stop Liverpool? on 19:52 - Feb 26 with 2202 viewsHeisenberg

Will it stop Liverpool? on 19:00 - Feb 26 by darthvader

There wasn’t a clown from the Far East at the circus was there ?

Hope you feel better. I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Will it stop Liverpool? on 20:03 - Feb 26 with 2184 viewsOccasional_Showers

It only kills 1% of those who contract it. No worse than influenza.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 21:14 - Feb 26 with 2143 viewsOccasional_Showers

Will it stop Liverpool? on 17:04 - Feb 25 by dirk_doone

It's reached 40 countries so far and it now looks likely to spread to every corner of the earth. It will only require one country to fail to contain it for it to spread rapidly to millions of people. Then any event where crowds could gather would be cancelled. The next couple of weeks are critical because the window to prevent such a pandemic will soon close.

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 18:24]

Saint22 would be the nightmare super spreader.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 22:11 - Feb 26 with 2117 viewsBison

Will it stop Liverpool? on 20:03 - Feb 26 by Occasional_Showers

I am currently within 500 yards of at least 2. corona victims as in Sheffield near the Hallamshire hospital. Speaking to a Chinese guy today and the real death rate out there is 4% he reckons and they under stating by a factor of 10 the actual infections.

If you have just read this post go wash your hands as I just sneezed on the screen.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 04:15 - Feb 27 with 2057 viewsdirk_doone

Viruses can stay with you until you die. Some, your body can keep under control; others it can't. Herpes and HIV are examples of viruses the body struggles to contain.

Japanese woman tests positive for coronavirus again

A Japanese woman who was treated for coronavirus and then recovered has now tested positive again, say local media reports quoting government officials.

The woman is reportedly a tour guide in her 40s, from the city of Osaka.
She first tested positive in late January but was discharged from hospital after recovering on 1 February. She later developed a sore throat and chest pains and then tested positive again.

This is the first case in Japan where a patient has tested positive after being discharged.
However, there have been reports of patients in China testing positive again.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 9:20]

Will it stop Liverpool? on 05:01 - Feb 27 with 2025 viewsMarcus_y

Will it stop Liverpool? on 15:03 - Feb 26 by Waylander

"5G tinkers with the construction of the oxygen molecule"

Utter nonsense.

I could post several links, but will let you learn for yourself. Clue: 60 GHz is the frequency at which oxygen molecules oscillate

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Will it stop Liverpool? on 07:08 - Feb 27 with 1994 viewsBuenosSaint

Will it stop Liverpool? on 05:01 - Feb 27 by Marcus_y

I could post several links, but will let you learn for yourself. Clue: 60 GHz is the frequency at which oxygen molecules oscillate

I'm with you on this. A lot of research on health / WiFi has been suppressed and won't get funded.

Poll: The Long Future

Will it stop Liverpool? on 07:38 - Feb 27 with 1969 viewsKennington

Will it stop Liverpool? on 04:15 - Feb 27 by dirk_doone

Viruses can stay with you until you die. Some, your body can keep under control; others it can't. Herpes and HIV are examples of viruses the body struggles to contain.

Japanese woman tests positive for coronavirus again

A Japanese woman who was treated for coronavirus and then recovered has now tested positive again, say local media reports quoting government officials.

The woman is reportedly a tour guide in her 40s, from the city of Osaka.
She first tested positive in late January but was discharged from hospital after recovering on 1 February. She later developed a sore throat and chest pains and then tested positive again.

This is the first case in Japan where a patient has tested positive after being discharged.
However, there have been reports of patients in China testing positive again.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 9:20]

Not true, most viruses can be cleared by a healthy immune system and will leave no trace. HIV however can only be suppressed. Herpes can be treated so you’re right there’s isn’t a cure for that either. But both are extreme examples and misleading in the wider discussion on how the body and medicine cures viruses. The most common virus people get is a cold. Another example is the chicken pox virus that after having it once will more often than not make the person immune to it, as the body has developed its own antibodies.

I don’t really understand your second point other than it probably shows a lack of sensitivity in the actual tests.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 8:00]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 07:55 - Feb 27 with 1956 viewssaint22

Will it stop Liverpool? on 21:14 - Feb 26 by Occasional_Showers

Saint22 would be the nightmare super spreader.

Whereas you alone in your bedsit will self contain
Will it stop Liverpool? on 08:00 - Feb 27 with 1947 viewsHeisenberg

I could post several links confirming that 9/11 was an inside job, Elvis lives and there were 75,000 at Fratton Park last week. Doesn't mean they are true though. Conspiracy theory nonsense.

Will it stop Liverpool? on 08:00 - Feb 27 with 1947 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Will it stop Liverpool? on 20:03 - Feb 26 by Occasional_Showers

Yes it is; I get a flu jab every year to not get the most common strains of flu. I do that (for free) as I have bronchiectasis and am high risk. A lung virus with no vaccine (yet) is a nightmare for people like me.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Will it stop Liverpool? on 08:21 - Feb 27 with 1929 viewsWaylander

Don't bullshit this group with your fake science. I have a PhD in Chemistry and know far more about oxygen molecules than you do
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024