Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incredible Saints fans let down again 18:09 - Mar 7 with 2768 viewsSaintsforeverj

I hope an article will appear about the outstanding support given to the players today, with non stop singing from the Saints fans in the second half. Fans were literally on their feet supporting the team.

Nothing like a good old defensive error to spoil our day as per usual. So we gave our undivided support and our reward - one terrible tackle and a Valery shocker despite the crowd loudly shouting MAN ON. So we can't blame the fans this time. Yet again, let down by the dopy defence.

I hope we will follow Liverpool's blue print and spend 80 million on a defender.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 18:14]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 18:37 - Mar 7 with 2250 viewsNumber_58

Agreed. The support in that second half was phenomenal.... until 90 minutes when half the crowd f*cked off home leaving swathes of empty seats. Absolutely baffling.
Incredible Saints fans let down again on 18:42 - Mar 7 with 2238 viewsSaintsforeverj

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 18:37 - Mar 7 by Number_58

Agreed. The support in that second half was phenomenal.... until 90 minutes when half the crowd f*cked off home leaving swathes of empty seats. Absolutely baffling.

I don't blame fans for leaving after Valery did that stupid mistake. We gave the team great support only for Valery to reward us with that dreadful error. The fans then started to leave. I don't blame them for that - we were let down once again.

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 18:51 - Mar 7 with 2215 viewskingslandstand1

Excellent support, though why did PEH have to try and gee the crowd up for that corner inthe 90th minute?
Incredible Saints fans let down again on 18:59 - Mar 7 with 2195 viewsKennington

But if the administrator of this forum can’t blame the paying public who have little or no baring on a game that is normally won by the team with the better players, then who can be found to blame?

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 18:59 - Mar 7 with 2193 viewsBicester_North

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 18:51 - Mar 7 by kingslandstand1

Excellent support, though why did PEH have to try and gee the crowd up for that corner inthe 90th minute?

Because he’s a cringeworthy prick and has form for it.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 19:12 - Mar 7 with 2136 viewsBuggalugs

Yes, excellent support in second half, the best it’s been at St Mary’s for some time.

The Itchen North/Northam pincer movement on the away fans worked a treat and completely drowned them out. Home kop my arse...

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 19:16 - Mar 7 with 2133 viewsSaintsforeverj

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 18:59 - Mar 7 by Kennington

But if the administrator of this forum can’t blame the paying public who have little or no baring on a game that is normally won by the team with the better players, then who can be found to blame?

I'm sure the defence will be blamed for another error and rightly so, yet we can't blame the owners for not addressing the terrible defence that we have had for 3 years. We just had a transfer window to address the terrible defence, yet the club decided not to. I wonder who we could blame?

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 19:18 - Mar 7 with 2129 viewsdirk_doone

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 18:42 - Mar 7 by Saintsforeverj

I don't blame fans for leaving after Valery did that stupid mistake. We gave the team great support only for Valery to reward us with that dreadful error. The fans then started to leave. I don't blame them for that - we were let down once again.

Yes, after all that effort from the crowd and the rest of our players, there was a massive feeling of being let down by Valery, and he nearly gave 2 more goals away with similar sloppy defending after that. It just felt like he threw it all away. Good effort from the rest of our players though. At least they didn't cave in like they did against Leicester, after going down to 10 men so early.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 19:26 - Mar 7 with 2115 viewsthis_charming_man

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 19:18 - Mar 7 by dirk_doone

Yes, after all that effort from the crowd and the rest of our players, there was a massive feeling of being let down by Valery, and he nearly gave 2 more goals away with similar sloppy defending after that. It just felt like he threw it all away. Good effort from the rest of our players though. At least they didn't cave in like they did against Leicester, after going down to 10 men so early.

Second half perhaps but first half was awful, a couple of bad misses, a goal ruled out for offside and a great treble save, we could easily have been 3 or 4 down at half time

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 19:31 - Mar 7 with 2097 viewsBuggalugs

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 19:18 - Mar 7 by dirk_doone

Yep, all that effort thrown away by one player...such a shame.

I’m going to firmly lay the blame at Saint22’s door for this defeat as he’s been demanding Valery plays for the last 3 months.

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 19:35 - Mar 7 with 2083 viewseuasabioscummer

Today was a decent day.

Forget the result,

fans got behind the team..

This was the special part.

Up the fuacking saints mush
Incredible Saints fans let down again on 11:34 - Mar 8 with 1797 viewsNumber_58

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 18:42 - Mar 7 by Saintsforeverj

I don't think Valery did that on purpose mate. The team battled really hard in the second half and it was a shame the fans couldn't have kept their great vocal support going to the very end when we could still have nicked a late goal with the crowd right behind the team. It's no surprise we hardly ever score late winners or equalisers at home when the closing stages of matches are played out against a backdrop of empty seats and people heading for the exits.
Incredible Saints fans let down again on 12:00 - Mar 8 with 1756 viewsSaintsforeverj

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 11:34 - Mar 8 by Number_58

I don't think Valery did that on purpose mate. The team battled really hard in the second half and it was a shame the fans couldn't have kept their great vocal support going to the very end when we could still have nicked a late goal with the crowd right behind the team. It's no surprise we hardly ever score late winners or equalisers at home when the closing stages of matches are played out against a backdrop of empty seats and people heading for the exits.

Valery like the rest of the team should concentrate more. Our own manager called our defending a joke at West Ham. Do you agree with him? I certainly do. In other words ours defenders need to concentrate more / work harder.

When our defending is a joke game after game, fans get a little bit fed up with it, especially when the support was excellent yesterday. Excellent support and the defending was still a joke, that's the point. Do you not think the players ever deserve any criticism? Our own manager called them a joke for a start. And he's right in my view. They keep throwing away games.

As for people leaving having any impact on the team, well Anfield was empty with 5 minutes to go, as was the Emirates yesterday, plus very quiet - they both won? We got behind the team brilliantly, only to lose?
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 12:06]

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 14:33 - Mar 8 with 1669 viewsNumber_58

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 12:00 - Mar 8 by Saintsforeverj

Valery like the rest of the team should concentrate more. Our own manager called our defending a joke at West Ham. Do you agree with him? I certainly do. In other words ours defenders need to concentrate more / work harder.

When our defending is a joke game after game, fans get a little bit fed up with it, especially when the support was excellent yesterday. Excellent support and the defending was still a joke, that's the point. Do you not think the players ever deserve any criticism? Our own manager called them a joke for a start. And he's right in my view. They keep throwing away games.

As for people leaving having any impact on the team, well Anfield was empty with 5 minutes to go, as was the Emirates yesterday, plus very quiet - they both won? We got behind the team brilliantly, only to lose?
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 12:06]

When did I say our players don't deserve criticism? My point has always been that fans streaming out of the ground early can only have a detrimental effect on the chances of any team pulling off a late winner or equaliser. It just kills the atmosphere. Have you ever heard a player say "We were struggling there but fortunately all our fans went home and without their support we were able to pull off a remarkable comeback"?
Incredible Saints fans let down again on 14:44 - Mar 8 with 1654 viewsSaintsforeverj

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 14:33 - Mar 8 by Number_58

When did I say our players don't deserve criticism? My point has always been that fans streaming out of the ground early can only have a detrimental effect on the chances of any team pulling off a late winner or equaliser. It just kills the atmosphere. Have you ever heard a player say "We were struggling there but fortunately all our fans went home and without their support we were able to pull off a remarkable comeback"?

"When did I say our players don't deserve criticism?"
You said Valery didn't do it on purpose (excusing him for such a bad error). Maybe true but you could just call him out for another bad error that cost us the game. You could call our defence a joke like our manager did and say it as it is. They (the whole defence) are a joke and have been for a while. Boufal was a joke for guiding the ball with his arm in the penalty box, when we have VAR to check! A lot of our players are just stupid.

I stay to the end of games and don't like people leaving when it is a close game. I personally wouldn't want to miss a last minute goal. But the point is that it doesn't make any difference otherwise Liverpool and Arsenal would have conceded yesterday and on many occasions as their grounds were half empty by the end. When we were 2 1 up at Arsenal, their ground was empty yet they equalised? Well they equalised because our defence is cr@p.Good team = you win games. The crowd leaving doesn't make any difference does it, otherwise Arsenal wouldn't have equalised against us in their empty stadium! They were also singing for their manager to be sacked. The atmosphere was toxic yet they scored? Meanwhile at St Mary's our fans were magnificent and we still lost? Put a good team on the pitch and you win games.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 14:56]

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 15:31 - Mar 8 with 1598 viewsNumber_58

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 14:44 - Mar 8 by Saintsforeverj

"When did I say our players don't deserve criticism?"
You said Valery didn't do it on purpose (excusing him for such a bad error). Maybe true but you could just call him out for another bad error that cost us the game. You could call our defence a joke like our manager did and say it as it is. They (the whole defence) are a joke and have been for a while. Boufal was a joke for guiding the ball with his arm in the penalty box, when we have VAR to check! A lot of our players are just stupid.

I stay to the end of games and don't like people leaving when it is a close game. I personally wouldn't want to miss a last minute goal. But the point is that it doesn't make any difference otherwise Liverpool and Arsenal would have conceded yesterday and on many occasions as their grounds were half empty by the end. When we were 2 1 up at Arsenal, their ground was empty yet they equalised? Well they equalised because our defence is cr@p.Good team = you win games. The crowd leaving doesn't make any difference does it, otherwise Arsenal wouldn't have equalised against us in their empty stadium! They were also singing for their manager to be sacked. The atmosphere was toxic yet they scored? Meanwhile at St Mary's our fans were magnificent and we still lost? Put a good team on the pitch and you win games.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 14:56]

Not easy arguing with you, is it mush. I didn't say Valery didn't make a bad mistake, I said he didn't do it on purpose. Bit of a difference.
Why do you continually compare us to other clubs? Who gives a f*ck what the fans at the Emirates do? Why should how they support their team justify our fans streaming out before the end of a really close game? As for the Liverpool comparison, it didn't look half empty to me. And besides, if any team were capable of holding on to a lead, even in front of one man and his dog, it ought to be Liverpool. We, on the other hand, were down to 10 men, dead on our feet and needed every set of lungs behind us in those dying minutes.
Having myself been through multiple relegations, financial disasters and seen some absolutely awful players during those times, I dread to think how some of our current fans are going react when we come up against another genuine crisis in the future.
Incredible Saints fans let down again on 16:05 - Mar 8 with 1562 viewsSaintsforeverj

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 15:31 - Mar 8 by Number_58

Not easy arguing with you, is it mush. I didn't say Valery didn't make a bad mistake, I said he didn't do it on purpose. Bit of a difference.
Why do you continually compare us to other clubs? Who gives a f*ck what the fans at the Emirates do? Why should how they support their team justify our fans streaming out before the end of a really close game? As for the Liverpool comparison, it didn't look half empty to me. And besides, if any team were capable of holding on to a lead, even in front of one man and his dog, it ought to be Liverpool. We, on the other hand, were down to 10 men, dead on our feet and needed every set of lungs behind us in those dying minutes.
Having myself been through multiple relegations, financial disasters and seen some absolutely awful players during those times, I dread to think how some of our current fans are going react when we come up against another genuine crisis in the future.

The point of this is that we have some of the best fans around and too many try to put them down. I was there since the Alan Ball days so have been through plenty of highs and lows. Instead of pointing out that a few left, why not celebrate how great the fans were and how yet again they were let down by a poor defence, not addressed over 4 years of transfer windows. In other words moan at Gao, not the long sufferering fans who get behind the team more than teams higher in the league with many more trophies on the board.

If any club's fans have the right to moan a bit and leave early, it's the club with the worst home record in the league. Understand that fans might get a bit fed up.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 16:11]

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 16:15 - Mar 8 with 1541 viewsTheMoog

There was a good sustained period of chanting in the second half that even got the The Chapel clapping along but I thought it was poor generally. The Northam were non existent in the first half. On the whole, far from ‘incredible’.

Standby to standby

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 17:08 - Mar 8 with 1493 viewsBuggalugs

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 16:05 - Mar 8 by Saintsforeverj

The point of this is that we have some of the best fans around and too many try to put them down. I was there since the Alan Ball days so have been through plenty of highs and lows. Instead of pointing out that a few left, why not celebrate how great the fans were and how yet again they were let down by a poor defence, not addressed over 4 years of transfer windows. In other words moan at Gao, not the long sufferering fans who get behind the team more than teams higher in the league with many more trophies on the board.

If any club's fans have the right to moan a bit and leave early, it's the club with the worst home record in the league. Understand that fans might get a bit fed up.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 16:11]

We really don’t mate...our fans are pretty crap in general and I think you’re getting a bit carried away about our great support.

Yes, for 20 mins or so in the 2nd half the whole ground rallied and got behind the team and it did feel like a bit of a turning point for us as it hasn’t been like that at St Mary’s for some time. Yet as soon as they scored, everyone shut up and loads fvcked off, so normal service resumed.

Yes it was gutting and of course it knocks the stuffing out of you when yet another defensive fvckup costs us, but that’s when that united front is needed more than ever. We all know our squad is weak as piss and it doesn’t look like that’s going to change for some time, so there’s no point using that as an excuse for those that spend all game moaning then fvck off with 10 minutes to go when there’s still all to play for.

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 17:28 - Mar 8 with 1465 viewsSaintsforeverj

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 17:08 - Mar 8 by Buggalugs

We really don’t mate...our fans are pretty crap in general and I think you’re getting a bit carried away about our great support.

Yes, for 20 mins or so in the 2nd half the whole ground rallied and got behind the team and it did feel like a bit of a turning point for us as it hasn’t been like that at St Mary’s for some time. Yet as soon as they scored, everyone shut up and loads fvcked off, so normal service resumed.

Yes it was gutting and of course it knocks the stuffing out of you when yet another defensive fvckup costs us, but that’s when that united front is needed more than ever. We all know our squad is weak as piss and it doesn’t look like that’s going to change for some time, so there’s no point using that as an excuse for those that spend all game moaning then fvck off with 10 minutes to go when there’s still all to play for.

Well I disagree that our fans are cr@p in general. Why do think that? So after a 9 nil defeat, a terrible owner and the worse home record in the league, our fans moan a bit? We were much louder at 0 0 yesterday than West Ham were last week at 3 1 in what was a huge game for them. It was silent the Olympic stadium. The Emirates is a library. Anfield was quiet when we played there. You have to make comparisons. Who do you think has good fans then? West Ham fans were protesting after spending 150 million on the team. Arsenal fans wanted their manager out as they were only 8th. Are they good fans?

If we were in the top 4 with a good team, I'm sure our fans would be excellent, much better than the current teams in the top 4, that's for sure.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 17:33]

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 18:45 - Mar 8 with 1387 viewsBuggalugs

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 17:28 - Mar 8 by Saintsforeverj

Well I disagree that our fans are cr@p in general. Why do think that? So after a 9 nil defeat, a terrible owner and the worse home record in the league, our fans moan a bit? We were much louder at 0 0 yesterday than West Ham were last week at 3 1 in what was a huge game for them. It was silent the Olympic stadium. The Emirates is a library. Anfield was quiet when we played there. You have to make comparisons. Who do you think has good fans then? West Ham fans were protesting after spending 150 million on the team. Arsenal fans wanted their manager out as they were only 8th. Are they good fans?

If we were in the top 4 with a good team, I'm sure our fans would be excellent, much better than the current teams in the top 4, that's for sure.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 17:33]

I go to enough games to draw my own conclusions. Yes, of course I’m generalising, but in my opinion, as a fan base, the actual backing we give the team is often poor. Anyone can get excited and sing when they’re winning and brushing the opposition aside with ease, but when we’re struggling (so most of the time), we have a tendency to moan rather than encourage.

Having said that, I’ve long since accepted it as a by-product of modern football as most Premier League grounds are sterile places a lot of the time. The “greatest league in the world” does that to most clubs, especially the also rans, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it or kid myself our support is unreal.

If you think otherwise, good for you...like I said, just my opinion.

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 18:54 - Mar 8 with 1370 viewsWoodrow_Wilson

The level of support has declined since we left the Dell and it’s the same with all new grounds. Football was a game for working people to have a drink before the match, vent their spleen in the ground and support the team.
Incredible Saints fans let down again on 19:07 - Mar 8 with 1343 viewssaint22

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 18:51 - Mar 7 by kingslandstand1

Yeah he should gee up his passing a little more rather than worry about the crowd noise
That 'cross' he it to Long near the end when he had more time than Rolex was diabolical
Incredible Saints fans let down again on 19:31 - Mar 8 with 1314 viewsSaintsforeverj

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 18:45 - Mar 8 by Buggalugs

I go to enough games to draw my own conclusions. Yes, of course I’m generalising, but in my opinion, as a fan base, the actual backing we give the team is often poor. Anyone can get excited and sing when they’re winning and brushing the opposition aside with ease, but when we’re struggling (so most of the time), we have a tendency to moan rather than encourage.

Having said that, I’ve long since accepted it as a by-product of modern football as most Premier League grounds are sterile places a lot of the time. The “greatest league in the world” does that to most clubs, especially the also rans, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it or kid myself our support is unreal.

If you think otherwise, good for you...like I said, just my opinion.

I don't think the support is unreal, but our support is as good as most in the PL. You say our fans tend to moan rather than encourage. You may be right but losing 9 nil, under investment in the team, the very worst home record in the league might explain some of the moans? They are not moaning without just cause are they?

Like I said other fans moan a lot more than us, when they have spent more money and are higher up the league.
Considering what we put up with (losing 9 nil, winning 6 home games in 2 years etc) is more than most put up with), I don't think our fans are too bad at all.

But of course, you are entitled to your opinion that the fans of the team you support are cr@p. I disagree. With the rubbish we put up with, we are louder and more loyal than most. Promotion day at St Mary's, Dellhurst Park, Semi final celebrations at Anfield, the Cardiff final with a wall of yellow staying right to the end even in defeat, bring back fond memories of excellent support for me.

Give us something to cheer, a trophy to celebrate, we would be as good as any.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 19:49]

Incredible Saints fans let down again on 23:04 - Mar 8 with 1209 viewsMattFinish

Personally I don't think the team let the fans down. We had some bad luck but we invested £60m less tan Newcastle this season. Go figure
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024