Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus ☣️ 01:07 - Mar 8 with 9632 viewsPubeface

Anyone got it ?
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 1:39]

Poll: Favourite Cheese ?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 06:57 - Mar 8 with 3654 viewsOccasional_Showers

I had severe diarrhoea the week before last. I’d gone on a high fibre diet consisting of eating a lot of fruit. I put it down to this. Who knows, and I suspect the vast majority who do contract it will never be diagnosed.

On separate, but related note I stocked up on toilet rolls from Costco yesterday. It was surreal. Everyone was buying them. I also stocked up on anti bacterial floor wipes. I use them at work to wash my hands anyway. A bit strong for the purpose but I find they don’t act as an irritant on your hands although I did once have a wipe round by bollocks and ended up calling 111 for assistance. Sanitiser and hand wipes completely empty on the shelves.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:07 - Mar 8 with 3681 viewsIngskneeslide

The geniuses bulk-buying hand sanitiser are a sad indictment of our me, me, me society and will actually prolong the virus rather than stop it.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:08 - Mar 8 with 3677 viewsBuggalugs

Coronavirus ☣️ on 06:57 - Mar 8 by Occasional_Showers

I had severe diarrhoea the week before last. I’d gone on a high fibre diet consisting of eating a lot of fruit. I put it down to this. Who knows, and I suspect the vast majority who do contract it will never be diagnosed.

On separate, but related note I stocked up on toilet rolls from Costco yesterday. It was surreal. Everyone was buying them. I also stocked up on anti bacterial floor wipes. I use them at work to wash my hands anyway. A bit strong for the purpose but I find they don’t act as an irritant on your hands although I did once have a wipe round by bollocks and ended up calling 111 for assistance. Sanitiser and hand wipes completely empty on the shelves.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:15 - Mar 8 with 3632 viewsOccasional_Showers

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:07 - Mar 8 by Ingskneeslide

The geniuses bulk-buying hand sanitiser are a sad indictment of our me, me, me society and will actually prolong the virus rather than stop it.

People were also racing for the bottled water. Again I buy that anyway for work, so got a crate as per usual, but I really don’t see the rationale behind stockpiling it. It’s like toilet rolls people are just buying it because other people are buying it. Conversely it’s being reported sales of Corona beer have been decimated.

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:22 - Mar 8 with 3658 viewsIngskneeslide

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:15 - Mar 8 by Occasional_Showers

People were also racing for the bottled water. Again I buy that anyway for work, so got a crate as per usual, but I really don’t see the rationale behind stockpiling it. It’s like toilet rolls people are just buying it because other people are buying it. Conversely it’s being reported sales of Corona beer have been decimated.

I don’t hold out much hope for some kind of ‘Blitz spirit’ if things do turn into a genuine crisis. Hope your arse gravy issue has cleared up now OS
Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:32 - Mar 8 with 3607 viewsOccasional_Showers

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:22 - Mar 8 by Ingskneeslide

I don’t hold out much hope for some kind of ‘Blitz spirit’ if things do turn into a genuine crisis. Hope your arse gravy issue has cleared up now OS

I’m much better thanks xxx

It does seem like a storm is on the way, and I do think the symptoms and general discomfort of the illness are being down played so as to quell panic. From what I’m reading when it does go ballistic it’s going to all happen over a short period around Easter. I hope everyone I know gets through it. In the absence of any effective medicine all we can do is undertake to care for our elderly relatives. Above all make them eat, even if they don’t want to, because to feed a cold is to starve a fever.

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:56 - Mar 8 with 3593 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Anyone bulk buying anything is a c*nt. I went to Waitrose yesterday to do a normal weekend shop for sunday lunch stuff and other things we're running low on - toilet rolls gone, kitchen rolls gone, paracetamols gone, anything branded at Dettol, also gone. People are weird.

Everyone commented how it was weird, so just who are these selfish idiots bulk buying everything?

What about the old people or less able to go to the shop more frequently as they can't carry much home? How will they wipe their backsides now?

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Coronavirus ☣️ on 08:01 - Mar 8 with 3546 viewsOccasional_Showers

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:56 - Mar 8 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Anyone bulk buying anything is a c*nt. I went to Waitrose yesterday to do a normal weekend shop for sunday lunch stuff and other things we're running low on - toilet rolls gone, kitchen rolls gone, paracetamols gone, anything branded at Dettol, also gone. People are weird.

Everyone commented how it was weird, so just who are these selfish idiots bulk buying everything?

What about the old people or less able to go to the shop more frequently as they can't carry much home? How will they wipe their backsides now?

I’ve got enough toilet rolls for a siege. You snooze you lose.

Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus ☣️ on 08:39 - Mar 8 with 3543 viewsKennington

It’s not that weird, it’s simply human psychology that is hard wired into us. Humans think, shît this virus is coming and I’d better do something. But what to do? Might as well buy bog roll as that’s an essential, unless you’re from Pompey and shît in an outhouse and wipe with leaves. By actually doing something helps calm the nerves. Basically human brains on one level are not that bright.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 09:13 - Mar 8 with 3504 viewsMushty

Coronavirus ☣️ on 08:01 - Mar 8 by Occasional_Showers

I’ve got enough toilet rolls for a siege. You snooze you lose.

Walking out of Asda yesterday they had a rack full of freebie newspapers, I grabbed the lot, you've got to think ahead
Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:10 - Mar 8 with 3461 viewsdarthvader

Had flu symtoms for 10+ days , and on chest now but feeling marginally better had a dodgy tum for a few days too but thats all ok now . Worst flu like thing ive had for decades but i think its a coincidence that ive had this the same time as corona been happening .
Did go through some tissues and toilet roll . But not enough to rush out and get 90 rolls of it .

keep the faith coyr

Coronavirus ☣️ (n/t) on 10:17 - Mar 8 with 3449 viewsDellHero

Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:10 - Mar 8 by darthvader

Had flu symtoms for 10+ days , and on chest now but feeling marginally better had a dodgy tum for a few days too but thats all ok now . Worst flu like thing ive had for decades but i think its a coincidence that ive had this the same time as corona been happening .
Did go through some tissues and toilet roll . But not enough to rush out and get 90 rolls of it .

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:34]
Coronavirus ☣️ (n/t) on 10:24 - Mar 8 with 3438 viewsDellHero

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:15 - Mar 8 by Occasional_Showers

Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:36 - Mar 8 with 3419 viewskernow

Felt all week like death warmed up but being outdoors with no close contact and self employed you just keep going.

Worst flu ever was shortly after being vaccinated against it three winters back. Thought it would kill me. Have refused all flu jab offers since.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:42 - Mar 8 with 3377 viewsOccasional_Showers

Coronavirus ☣️ (n/t) on 10:24 - Mar 8 by DellHero

You ought to stock pile a few extra brides for when the next one dumps you.

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:26 - Mar 8 with 3366 views1885_SFC

I was listening to the the first British bloke to get the virus and get over it on LBC radio yesterday. Very interesting (and somewhat scary) interview...

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/matt-frei/watch-first-uk-survivor-of-coro

Old School is Cool

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:38 - Mar 8 with 3357 viewsdarthvader

Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:36 - Mar 8 by kernow

Felt all week like death warmed up but being outdoors with no close contact and self employed you just keep going.

Worst flu ever was shortly after being vaccinated against it three winters back. Thought it would kill me. Have refused all flu jab offers since.

Same mate , im self employed also , fresh air helped and when got home from work , shower and bed , ready for the next day . I kept away from people . Last weekend just rested ..
I was considering getting a jab next winter but ive heard bad things .

keep the faith coyr

Coronavirus ☣️ (n/t) on 11:45 - Mar 8 with 3335 viewsDellHero

Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:42 - Mar 8 by Occasional_Showers

You ought to stock pile a few extra brides for when the next one dumps you.

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:35]
Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:46 - Mar 8 with 3334 viewsdirk_doone

Is it any wonder that toilet rolls are particularly prized items Down Under?

Aussie women fighting over a pack of toilet rolls

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2020/03/coronavirus-two-australian-women-ch

Aussie Queen of Toilet Rolls has completely filled her home with more than 2,000 packs of them and now sits in regal splendour in her throne room:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-06/haidee-janetzki-sits-on-a-throne-made-of-

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Coronavirus ☣️ (n/t) on 11:47 - Mar 8 with 3329 viewsDellHero

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:46 - Mar 8 by dirk_doone

Is it any wonder that toilet rolls are particularly prized items Down Under?

Aussie women fighting over a pack of toilet rolls

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2020/03/coronavirus-two-australian-women-ch

Aussie Queen of Toilet Rolls has completely filled her home with more than 2,000 packs of them and now sits in regal splendour in her throne room:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-06/haidee-janetzki-sits-on-a-throne-made-of-

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:48 - Mar 8 with 3299 viewsOccasional_Showers

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:26 - Mar 8 by 1885_SFC

I was listening to the the first British bloke to get the virus and get over it on LBC radio yesterday. Very interesting (and somewhat scary) interview...

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/matt-frei/watch-first-uk-survivor-of-coro

I gave up smoking 21 months ago. In light of how this infection kills off the cilia in your lungs, which are essentially hairy looking things which act as a filter to stop infection, stopping smoking was a good thing. In smokers that protection is already severely damaged so covid19 essentially enters an already weakended and vulnerable organ.

I’m already on vitamin d3 4000 IU, and lots of fruit and fruit juice. If and when you get this virus my battle plan is to continue eating and drinking as normal to ward off the inevitable bronchial infection turning to pneumonia.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 11:55]

Coronavirus ☣️ (n/t) on 11:50 - Mar 8 with 3319 viewsDellHero

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:48 - Mar 8 by Occasional_Showers

I gave up smoking 21 months ago. In light of how this infection kills off the cilia in your lungs, which are essentially hairy looking things which act as a filter to stop infection, stopping smoking was a good thing. In smokers that protection is already severely damaged so covid19 essentially enters an already weakended and vulnerable organ.

I’m already on vitamin d3 4000 IU, and lots of fruit and fruit juice. If and when you get this virus my battle plan is to continue eating and drinking as normal to ward off the inevitable bronchial infection turning to pneumonia.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 11:55]

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:57 - Mar 8 with 3279 viewsOccasional_Showers

Coronavirus ☣️ (n/t) on 11:50 - Mar 8 by DellHero

What are you going on about you pouting weirdo?

Coronavirus ☣️ (n/t) on 12:20 - Mar 8 with 3288 viewsDellHero

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:57 - Mar 8 by Occasional_Showers

What are you going on about you pouting weirdo?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 12:58 - Mar 8 with 3255 viewssolent_toffee

I’m currently in Alsreford at the Watercress line about to go in the Flying Scotsman (an I’ll thought out Christmas present from the in-laws).Given the demographic of my fellow passengers, I’d be amazed if I haven’t got it by the morning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024