Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? 16:50 - Mar 13 with 1378 viewsDorsetIan

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 16:54 - Mar 13 with 1361 viewsthis_charming_man

Had we gone down in 2018 it would have been a disaster. As it is, we are in a worse position now than when he arrived,

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 19:11 - Mar 13 with 1285 viewsdirk_doone

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 16:54 - Mar 13 by this_charming_man

Had we gone down in 2018 it would have been a disaster. As it is, we are in a worse position now than when he arrived,

To sum up, he's just someone who borrowed £210 million which went straight into Kat's bank account. Apart from that, he might just as well never have existed as far as the football club is concerned. It struggles on as if there were no owner at all.

This is in marked contrast to the proactive owners at ambitious clubs like Leicester and Wolves.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 23:14 - Mar 13 with 1204 viewsCenturion

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 19:11 - Mar 13 by dirk_doone

To sum up, he's just someone who borrowed £210 million which went straight into Kat's bank account. Apart from that, he might just as well never have existed as far as the football club is concerned. It struggles on as if there were no owner at all.

This is in marked contrast to the proactive owners at ambitious clubs like Leicester and Wolves.

When you put it like that, sounds awful.

Let's hope we can sell to a good owner...
How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 23:38 - Mar 13 with 1189 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s a miracle we haven’t been relegated under him, and he should kiss Ralph’s shoes every day.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 07:41 - Mar 14 with 1136 viewsTripleNiemi

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 23:38 - Mar 13 by PatfromPoole

It’s a miracle we haven’t been relegated under him, and he should kiss Ralph’s shoes every day.

Another miracle will be if Ralph is still with us next season........

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 08:22 - Mar 14 with 1117 viewsIngskneeslide

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 19:11 - Mar 13 by dirk_doone

Nick pretty much admitted to this in his article but somehow managed to see it as a positive. Are our standards really that low that we should be thankful for a ghost owner like Gao just because there are worse owners out there?
How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 08:47 - Mar 14 with 1097 viewsDorsetIan

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 08:22 - Mar 14 by Ingskneeslide

Nick pretty much admitted to this in his article but somehow managed to see it as a positive. Are our standards really that low that we should be thankful for a ghost owner like Gao just because there are worse owners out there?

Think it’s more the case that Nick has painted himself into a corner re Gao. He has been so critical of those on here who have raised concerns about Gao, that he has to continue to try to put a positive spin on him, no matter how mad that now seems.

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 08:56 - Mar 14 with 1090 viewsOccasional_Showers

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 08:47 - Mar 14 by DorsetIan

Think it’s more the case that Nick has painted himself into a corner re Gao. He has been so critical of those on here who have raised concerns about Gao, that he has to continue to try to put a positive spin on him, no matter how mad that now seems.

It all stems from Fat Kat ousting Nicola Cortese. After that she could do no wrong.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Login to get fewer ads

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 10:19 - Mar 15 with 971 viewsSaintNick

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 08:47 - Mar 14 by DorsetIan

I disagree that I have painted myself into a corner, all I have done with him is been open and not condemned him for something he hasn't done.

I have never claimed that he is the perfect owner I have only ever said that he is not the worst, at time of writing 40% said he was an mitigating disaster, that is knee jerk reaction at its best. We are still in the Premier League and we are improving on last season, so whatever you feel about Gao it is not an unmitigating disaster.

Yes it could be a disappointment given we hoped he would put in a lot of money, but where is the disaster.

We all saw the accounts a few days ago he is nt taking money out and we have had to deal with issues over the last two seasons with poor signings and the financial constraints that has put us under.

So how mad does what seem ? Explain yourself where you think we are a mitigating disaster , Dirk's only case for the prosecution is that he is not proactive like Wolves or Leicester, that doesn't take into account the different situations at those clubs to us, pro active to Dirk is based on one thing spending money and as I have pointed out owners never give you the money they just loan it to you.

So if anyone is painted into a corner it is you Ian, explain to me why it is an unmitigating disaster that we are sat in mid table in the Premier League

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 11:14 - Mar 15 with 938 viewsMytchettSaint

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 10:19 - Mar 15 by SaintNick

I disagree that I have painted myself into a corner, all I have done with him is been open and not condemned him for something he hasn't done.

I have never claimed that he is the perfect owner I have only ever said that he is not the worst, at time of writing 40% said he was an mitigating disaster, that is knee jerk reaction at its best. We are still in the Premier League and we are improving on last season, so whatever you feel about Gao it is not an unmitigating disaster.

Yes it could be a disappointment given we hoped he would put in a lot of money, but where is the disaster.

We all saw the accounts a few days ago he is nt taking money out and we have had to deal with issues over the last two seasons with poor signings and the financial constraints that has put us under.

So how mad does what seem ? Explain yourself where you think we are a mitigating disaster , Dirk's only case for the prosecution is that he is not proactive like Wolves or Leicester, that doesn't take into account the different situations at those clubs to us, pro active to Dirk is based on one thing spending money and as I have pointed out owners never give you the money they just loan it to you.

So if anyone is painted into a corner it is you Ian, explain to me why it is an unmitigating disaster that we are sat in mid table in the Premier League

Perhaps some people can see what is coming down the tracks if we persist on this course..

I don’t think we’re a mitigating disaster yet but what do you think this summer will bring? Investment in the squad to build on and improve areas where everyone knows we’re weak or stagnation or even possibly worse?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 12:18 - Mar 15 with 909 viewsgrumpy

'sat in mid table in the Premier League'

We are 14th,7 points from the drop zone and have lost 4 out of our last 5 games

Our squad is too week for the Premiership,you can tell that from our form when we get injuries to first team players.
Our academy in my opinion is not anywhere near as good as it was.

' pro active to Dirk is based on one thing spending money'

I don't think Dirk is saying that at all,its about how we have spent it.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 12:26]
How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 12:36 - Mar 15 with 892 viewsthis_charming_man

One thing that is for definite is the mantra for the last 4 year or so that we are a well run club has been show up as a load of bo11ocks.

The money wasted has been insane. Even Kruger earning the best part of £750k and getting a £92k pay rise whilst working part time is incredible.

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 12:53 - Mar 15 with 876 viewsgrumpy

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 12:36 - Mar 15 by this_charming_man

One thing that is for definite is the mantra for the last 4 year or so that we are a well run club has been show up as a load of bo11ocks.

The money wasted has been insane. Even Kruger earning the best part of £750k and getting a £92k pay rise whilst working part time is incredible.

How much did Les Reed get when he was sacked?
How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 13:32 - Mar 15 with 849 viewsthis_charming_man

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 12:53 - Mar 15 by grumpy

How much did Les Reed get when he was sacked?

£350k pay off

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? (n/t) on 14:01 - Mar 15 with 827 viewsDellHero

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 12:36 - Mar 15 by this_charming_man

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:38]
How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 17:59 - Mar 15 with 766 viewsDorsetIan

As it happens, my vote was for ‚On balance, a disappointment‘ and I agree with TCM that it would have been a disaster had we gone down, but we haven‘t.

I posted the poll to see what everyone thinks and my view seems to be the majority one - albeit, it’s only a small sample.

I do think that for you to continue to treat Gao as entirely neutral, is mad. His ridiculous sponsorship deal, and the fact that he clearly has no money (can’t even pay for his shares, and now wants to sell) are enough to allow us to reach a negative opinion about him, without getting criticism from you. You are the one out on a limb on this one.

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 18:35 - Mar 15 with 746 viewsthis_charming_man

How do you rate Gao's period of ownership? on 17:59 - Mar 15 by DorsetIan

As it happens, my vote was for ‚On balance, a disappointment‘ and I agree with TCM that it would have been a disaster had we gone down, but we haven‘t.

I posted the poll to see what everyone thinks and my view seems to be the majority one - albeit, it’s only a small sample.

I do think that for you to continue to treat Gao as entirely neutral, is mad. His ridiculous sponsorship deal, and the fact that he clearly has no money (can’t even pay for his shares, and now wants to sell) are enough to allow us to reach a negative opinion about him, without getting criticism from you. You are the one out on a limb on this one.

My vote was the same as yours, not a disaster but I think Dirk has got it spot on that for all the impact he’s had he might as well not exist. He certainly hadn’t had a positive impact and there is no
Doubt we are in a worse position than when he arrived

Despite the claims about wanting owners to throw tens of millions in I don’t see that at all, what I do see is the club owners being little more than a Chinese version of southamptons leisure holdings
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 18:37]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024