Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc 12:28 - Mar 23 with 10767 viewsBrierls

I think Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets can now be classified as essentials. Even more sore when the inevitable decision is made to put the country into full lockdown. So, what are people's recommendations...

Sports Documentaries
Comedy
Action
Easy Watching

I've started watching Chicago Fire in the 'Easy Watching' category. It's not exactly 'deep' but it's entertaining enough. That will spin off into Chicago PD no dount, so I'll have a fair stack of episodes to get through.

I'll be getting back into House of Cards and Designated Survivor.

Breaking Bad was superb; anybody who hasn't watched that should give it a go. I couldn't get into The Wire.

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 12:33 - Mar 23 with 5733 viewsaleanddale

Breaking bad is excellent.

Game of thrones for those who have not watched it.

I would highly recommend Chernobyl if there are people out there that have not watched it then do so it’s bloody brilliant drama tv.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 12:33 - Mar 23 with 5741 viewskel

Unbelievable on Netflix was decent, but I’ve got a poor concentration span when it comes to tv stuff so I can’t really recommend anything else at the moment. I was happy to see iPlayer put the full lot of Spooks on there last week.

You’ve still got half a bottle of JD at mine by the way if things get desperate.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 12:40 - Mar 23 with 5722 viewsBrierls

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 12:33 - Mar 23 by kel

Unbelievable on Netflix was decent, but I’ve got a poor concentration span when it comes to tv stuff so I can’t really recommend anything else at the moment. I was happy to see iPlayer put the full lot of Spooks on there last week.

You’ve still got half a bottle of JD at mine by the way if things get desperate.

That's very honest of you, that'll be worth about £500 on the black market in a few weeks.

I know what you mean about concentration span, that's why I'm binging on Chicago Fire! Old school Spooks was ace.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 12:41 - Mar 23 with 5719 viewsBrierls

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 12:33 - Mar 23 by aleanddale

Breaking bad is excellent.

Game of thrones for those who have not watched it.

I would highly recommend Chernobyl if there are people out there that have not watched it then do so it’s bloody brilliant drama tv.

Good shout on Chernobyl, I didn't watch the final episode.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 12:51 - Mar 23 with 5693 viewsKenBoon

The Widescreen & HD remastered Baywatch on Amazon Prime. All nine series (the Hawaii ones don't count). It took me a year but I managed to watch them all. I am very proud of that achievement.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 13:37 - Mar 23 with 5636 viewsSuddenLad

The Fall

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 13:48 - Mar 23 with 5620 viewselectricblue

The Wire and the Shield are dated now...
Chicago PD is ok..

Bates Motel is worth watching and person of interest.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 14:27 - Mar 23 with 5587 viewsrichfoad32

The US Office on Amazon Prime. I was sceptical, as I thought it would be an unfunny ripoff of the British original, but I actually really enjoyed it.

Also, regardless of what you think of American sports, The Battered Bastards of Baseball is a great watch on Netflix.
Login to get fewer ads

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 14:58 - Mar 23 with 5553 viewsupthedale

Looking forward to watching The English Game on Netflix, just not had chance yet. Anyone seen that yet?

I'll take that Breaking Bad recommendation I think!

I've enjoyed The Stranger, Bodyguard, Peaky Blinders and Line of Duty....sounds like a lot when I list it like that!
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 15:31 - Mar 23 with 5500 viewsaleanddale

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 14:58 - Mar 23 by upthedale

Looking forward to watching The English Game on Netflix, just not had chance yet. Anyone seen that yet?

I'll take that Breaking Bad recommendation I think!

I've enjoyed The Stranger, Bodyguard, Peaky Blinders and Line of Duty....sounds like a lot when I list it like that!

Several episodes ( Breaking bad ) drift a bit BUT in general its excellent and the ending pretty good too.

I really enjoyed it and whilst the odd episode is a little slow, overall its a must watch i think.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 16:08 - Mar 23 with 5455 viewsReedy

Would recommend:

Designated survivor - Netflix, just started season 2 and is a great watch.
Narcos - Netflix, just finished the 3 series in Columbia, a superb series, going to start Mexico during the next few days.
Sunderland till I die - Netflix, fly on the wall documentary about their season in the championship (series 2 comes out on 1st April)
Supersonic - Netflix, 2 hour film about oasis and is superb.
Prison break - Netflix, for anyone who hasn’t seen it!!
Line of duty, Netflix, originally BBC, one of the best series ever in my opinion.

This is football - Amazon, if you can take it with no football being on!! Six different episodes with six different stories, all equally moving.
Every all or nothing series - the series with Manchester City is the most well known one, but they’ve done a few in America, but they’ve recently done one with the Brazilian national team and the Australian cricket team.
Jack Ryan - Amazon, action packed following a CIA agent on some interesting missions round the world.

There was also a two hour film on Diego maradonna on Saturday on Channel 4, which should be with a watch.

Hopefully that helps someone get through some hours of isolation!!!

Blog: The FA Cup

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 17:43 - Mar 23 with 5376 viewsChaffRAFC

Watched the Diego Maradona documentary on C4, that was very good.

"You" on Netflix, first season was very good.

"Sunderland till I Die" returns to Netflix next week and it's on the League One season so we'll no doubt feature at some point. Looking forward to that.

That F1 documentary is also really good but watching it now might sting because we can't watch the new season.

On Sky Atlantic, Westworld, if you've not seen it, it's fantastic. Third season started on Monday.

Also watching Sopranos again, if anyone hasn't seen it, do so. It's brilliant, from start to finish.

Films wise, I watched Captain Philips for the first time the other night on the missus' recommendation and what a recommendation it was. Outstanding film.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 18:00 - Mar 23 with 5350 viewsrafc1984

Homeland (American)
The unforgotten (British)
The stranger (British)
Safe (British)
The bodyguard (british)
Bancroft (British)
Spooks (british)
Spotless (British)
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 18:32 - Mar 23 with 5304 viewsAtThePeake

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 17:43 - Mar 23 by ChaffRAFC

Watched the Diego Maradona documentary on C4, that was very good.

"You" on Netflix, first season was very good.

"Sunderland till I Die" returns to Netflix next week and it's on the League One season so we'll no doubt feature at some point. Looking forward to that.

That F1 documentary is also really good but watching it now might sting because we can't watch the new season.

On Sky Atlantic, Westworld, if you've not seen it, it's fantastic. Third season started on Monday.

Also watching Sopranos again, if anyone hasn't seen it, do so. It's brilliant, from start to finish.

Films wise, I watched Captain Philips for the first time the other night on the missus' recommendation and what a recommendation it was. Outstanding film.

Sopranos is the one. Can't believe it took me so long to watch it but did so about a year ago and already considering re-watching it. Breaking Bad is the only other series that has got near to it for me. Dexter is okay too, but hit and miss (two brilliant series, the rest quite average).

I watch more US sitcoms than drama series and would recommend the US Office, Parks & Recreation, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Community from those.

Someone mentioned the Aussie cricket team All or Nothing. I'm not sure it's actually part of the All or Nothing series, but it's a good watch regardless. Changed my opinion on some of their players as a result of it, and doubled down on my opinion of others! Amazon Prime have also just added all of the official World Cup films which are likely to become my Saturday afternoon viewing in the next few weeks.

Tangled up in blue.

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 18:43 - Mar 23 with 5279 viewsChaffRAFC

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 18:32 - Mar 23 by AtThePeake

Sopranos is the one. Can't believe it took me so long to watch it but did so about a year ago and already considering re-watching it. Breaking Bad is the only other series that has got near to it for me. Dexter is okay too, but hit and miss (two brilliant series, the rest quite average).

I watch more US sitcoms than drama series and would recommend the US Office, Parks & Recreation, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Community from those.

Someone mentioned the Aussie cricket team All or Nothing. I'm not sure it's actually part of the All or Nothing series, but it's a good watch regardless. Changed my opinion on some of their players as a result of it, and doubled down on my opinion of others! Amazon Prime have also just added all of the official World Cup films which are likely to become my Saturday afternoon viewing in the next few weeks.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia!

Now there is a shout!

Absolutely watching this from the start again, like Friends but a million times better and funnier!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 19:19 - Mar 23 with 5232 viewsJames1980

Sopranos
Justified
Man in the high castle
Curb your enthusiasm

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 19:41 - Mar 23 with 5202 viewsShun

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 18:43 - Mar 23 by ChaffRAFC

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia!

Now there is a shout!

Absolutely watching this from the start again, like Friends but a million times better and funnier!

It’s probably slightly funnier, but not even close to being in the same league, never mind better! Friends is a comedy drama, beloved by everybody because viewers cared for 6 people and their stories. It’s Always Sunny is about a group of highly unlikeable bellends - funny to laugh at but highly irritating after more than a couple of episodes!
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 19:49 - Mar 23 with 5191 viewsAtThePeake

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 19:41 - Mar 23 by Shun

It’s probably slightly funnier, but not even close to being in the same league, never mind better! Friends is a comedy drama, beloved by everybody because viewers cared for 6 people and their stories. It’s Always Sunny is about a group of highly unlikeable bellends - funny to laugh at but highly irritating after more than a couple of episodes!

I think time hasn't been kind to Friends. Not because it doesn't hold up, but because I think it's success and Seinfeld's before it spawned a bunch of 'comedy' shows that could get away with not being very funny but get by simply because they've adopted a similar tone and dynamic to Friends (I'm looking at you, Big Bang Theory). As such, a lot of people now dislike Friends but more due to what happened as a result of it's success than the show itself.

Tangled up in blue.

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 20:07 - Mar 23 with 5168 viewsdeeplishblue

Not been mentioned but I thought happy valley with sarah Lancashire was very good.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 20:56 - Mar 23 with 5135 viewsdingdangblue

The Boys on Amazon prime is superb (and very funny).
Inside Number 9. (BBC)
Obviously Breaking Bad and Peaky Blinders.
Better call Saul is decent too.

And the superb Detectorists also on BBC is wonderful.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 21:15 - Mar 23 with 5122 viewsBlueMessiah

Would totally agree about Breaking Bad, struggled a bit with Better Call Saul but maybe gave up too soon.
Ozark is very good with season 3 due to start at weekend
Wayward Pines, Sinner and The Night Of also worth a watch.

Comedy-wise Curb takes some beating with season 10 new out. Modern Family quite funny and the brilliant Family Guy.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 21:37 - Mar 23 with 5100 views100notout

Was a latecomer to Peaky Blinders but can thoroughly recommend it .

I've watched the first four series on Netflix but the 5th doesn't seem to be available yet and I can;t find it on BBC iplay either - anyone any ideas where I might get it?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 21:41 - Mar 23 with 5096 viewsnordenblue

"One of us" on Netflix is quite decent and pretty quick moving, struggle with box set type stuff as never get chance to watch tele for long enough to get gripped.
Stranger,already mentioned was pretty good too and filmed locally.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 22:12 - Mar 23 with 5069 viewsdeeplishblue

Is "not going out" any good? 🤔

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 22:44 - Mar 23 with 5041 viewsjoecooke

This country on iplayer is brilliant.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024