Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Totalitarian tiptoe 20:08 - Mar 24 with 444 viewsROTTWEILERS

Today, Boris - the clot - tells people how to order their personal relationships.

Tomorrow phone lines to grass up your neighbour / enemy.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Totalitarian tiptoe on 20:19 - Mar 24 with 435 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I already grassed you up Rotts. There didn't seem any point in waiting.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Totalitarian tiptoe on 20:23 - Mar 24 with 433 viewsROTTWEILERS

Totalitarian tiptoe on 20:19 - Mar 24 by basilrobbiereborn

I already grassed you up Rotts. There didn't seem any point in waiting.

But you live in London and I, Cleveleys.....

Oh.

Totalitarian tiptoe on 20:36 - Mar 24 with 426 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Totalitarian tiptoe on 20:23 - Mar 24 by ROTTWEILERS

But you live in London and I, Cleveleys.....

Oh.

I'm "ex-Government" Rotts. Allegedly.

And in case anyone thinks this is just about you, I'm also looking into the matter of Lala's Baps. There is a worrying tendency towards social recklessness and general criminality on this forum and I have been asked to make some recommendations as to the appropriate response. I can't say more at the moment.

Totalitarian tiptoe on 21:21 - Mar 24 with 412 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Totalitarian tiptoe on 20:36 - Mar 24 by basilrobbiereborn

I'm "ex-Government" Rotts. Allegedly.

And in case anyone thinks this is just about you, I'm also looking into the matter of Lala's Baps. There is a worrying tendency towards social recklessness and general criminality on this forum and I have been asked to make some recommendations as to the appropriate response. I can't say more at the moment.

[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 21:28]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Totalitarian tiptoe on 03:26 - Mar 25 with 397 viewsspell_chekker

Totalitarian tiptoe on 21:21 - Mar 24 by BringBackTheRedRoom

[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 21:28]

Those baps were made by a masterbaker.

Goodnight.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Totalitarian tiptoe on 06:55 - Mar 25 with 377 viewsspudgun

Totalitarian tiptoe on 03:26 - Mar 25 by spell_chekker

Goodnight.

"By Timothy!"

© Paul Temple.

Actually, I`m quite relaxed about a little totalitarianism at the moment...
Totalitarian tiptoe on 08:29 - Mar 25 with 363 viewsLala

Totalitarian tiptoe on 06:55 - Mar 25 by spudgun

"By Timothy!"

© Paul Temple.

Actually, I`m quite relaxed about a little totalitarianism at the moment...

The baps are well hidden today, you’ll never prove it.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Totalitarian tiptoe on 08:37 - Mar 25 with 360 viewsROTTWEILERS

Totalitarian tiptoe on 03:26 - Mar 25 by spell_chekker

Goodnight.

The BBC resembles a wartime propaganda machine and the One Show makes me want to puke.

Where are the reports detailing the hardship caused by this erosion of civil liberties? There is real suffering going on in this town right now and it isn't abstract or "two weeks behind Italy".

One of my service users nearly died yesterday, caused in part through reduced visits from the community nursing team. That is just one example out of three very near misses I could give you in the first week. I'm sure my colleagues could provide similar examples but as our IT systems don't work (from home), we can't record or share them.

Just as I suspected, the camaraderie and 'Blitz spirit' that so many baby boomers cream their knickers over is far, far outweighed by the actual hardship being experienced in this type of scenario.

Apologies to Robbie and spell who were trying to bring a bit of levity into the convo.

We all want to fight the virus but not at any cost whatsoever. Remember, an unjust law is no law at all.

Peace and love brothers and sisters ✊

Login to get fewer ads

Totalitarian tiptoe on 09:02 - Mar 25 with 349 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Totalitarian tiptoe on 08:37 - Mar 25 by ROTTWEILERS

The BBC resembles a wartime propaganda machine and the One Show makes me want to puke.

Where are the reports detailing the hardship caused by this erosion of civil liberties? There is real suffering going on in this town right now and it isn't abstract or "two weeks behind Italy".

One of my service users nearly died yesterday, caused in part through reduced visits from the community nursing team. That is just one example out of three very near misses I could give you in the first week. I'm sure my colleagues could provide similar examples but as our IT systems don't work (from home), we can't record or share them.

Just as I suspected, the camaraderie and 'Blitz spirit' that so many baby boomers cream their knickers over is far, far outweighed by the actual hardship being experienced in this type of scenario.

Apologies to Robbie and spell who were trying to bring a bit of levity into the convo.

We all want to fight the virus but not at any cost whatsoever. Remember, an unjust law is no law at all.

Peace and love brothers and sisters ✊

Rotts

Agree with you, there are quite a few things from the emergency laws to the financial bailouts I could rant on about for hours about.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Totalitarian tiptoe on 12:03 - Mar 25 with 337 viewsspell_chekker

Totalitarian tiptoe on 09:02 - Mar 25 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Rotts

Agree with you, there are quite a few things from the emergency laws to the financial bailouts I could rant on about for hours about.

As far as the lockdown is concerned, nobody really knows whether it will work or not.

It's not something that's been practised in modern times.

The last time it was done here was in Marseille in the 19th century for a cholora epidemic.

All this and nobody knows if the measures employed will be effective.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Totalitarian tiptoe on 12:25 - Mar 25 with 330 viewsROTTWEILERS

Totalitarian tiptoe on 12:03 - Mar 25 by spell_chekker

As far as the lockdown is concerned, nobody really knows whether it will work or not.

It's not something that's been practised in modern times.

The last time it was done here was in Marseille in the 19th century for a cholora epidemic.

All this and nobody knows if the measures employed will be effective.

Exactly spell, whereas there is loads of data on the impact of a recession. For each 0.1% the economy contracts, there is a measurable cost to life. I'm not saying we should roll over and succumb to the virus, just that any decision made considers the adverse affects too. It's no good saving 400,000 from the virus if it costs 500,000 lives and makes 60 million people utterly miserable in the process.

Anyway, apologies again for the rant, it's been a rough few days. My next thread will be more upbeat, I promise.

Totalitarian tiptoe on 12:33 - Mar 25 with 322 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Totalitarian tiptoe on 12:25 - Mar 25 by ROTTWEILERS

Exactly spell, whereas there is loads of data on the impact of a recession. For each 0.1% the economy contracts, there is a measurable cost to life. I'm not saying we should roll over and succumb to the virus, just that any decision made considers the adverse affects too. It's no good saving 400,000 from the virus if it costs 500,000 lives and makes 60 million people utterly miserable in the process.

Anyway, apologies again for the rant, it's been a rough few days. My next thread will be more upbeat, I promise.

"It's no good saving 400,000 from the virus if it costs 500,000 lives and makes 60 million people utterly miserable in the process."

Put as baldly as that, you seem to have a point. However :

1) I'd argue that "defence of the realm" isn't just about armed aggression - it applies to this too

2) I think that there is a moral obligation to try to help the 400,000, regardless of any long-term economic imperatives ; which you can address later anyway

3) as for making 60 million miserable ; well, morale is important. But so is educating people on the real costs of the technology, products and infrastructure needed to maintain a fully functioning health service. We've worshipped at the altar of low taxation for so long that we have completely lost sight of the risk inherent in it.

Totalitarian tiptoe on 12:49 - Mar 25 with 317 viewsROTTWEILERS

Totalitarian tiptoe on 12:33 - Mar 25 by basilrobbiereborn

"It's no good saving 400,000 from the virus if it costs 500,000 lives and makes 60 million people utterly miserable in the process."

Put as baldly as that, you seem to have a point. However :

1) I'd argue that "defence of the realm" isn't just about armed aggression - it applies to this too

2) I think that there is a moral obligation to try to help the 400,000, regardless of any long-term economic imperatives ; which you can address later anyway

3) as for making 60 million miserable ; well, morale is important. But so is educating people on the real costs of the technology, products and infrastructure needed to maintain a fully functioning health service. We've worshipped at the altar of low taxation for so long that we have completely lost sight of the risk inherent in it.

1) agree
2) agree. A legal obligation too via ECHR. I think there is a specific convention that relates to older adults.
3) agree

Totalitarian tiptoe on 14:27 - Mar 25 with 291 viewsspell_chekker

Totalitarian tiptoe on 12:49 - Mar 25 by ROTTWEILERS

1) agree
2) agree. A legal obligation too via ECHR. I think there is a specific convention that relates to older adults.
3) agree

It'd seem that nobody, inclding the experts, really know what to do for the best.

You can only hope that your democratically elected government is acting on the best advice possible in a way that sincerely takes into account the UK and its citizens and is not being influenced by other factors.

Having sais that. Now that lockdown UK had been deemed as the best way to proceed at, the government will be hung, drawn, and quartered for it's late / delayed action if perception of the situation unacceptable.

Totalitarian tiptoe on 14:28 - Mar 25 with 290 viewsspell_chekker

P.S.

Has anyone read anything about this so called cure "chloroquine"?

Is it a load of fake BS?

Totalitarian tiptoe on 14:57 - Mar 25 with 279 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Totalitarian tiptoe on 14:27 - Mar 25 by spell_chekker

It'd seem that nobody, inclding the experts, really know what to do for the best.

You can only hope that your democratically elected government is acting on the best advice possible in a way that sincerely takes into account the UK and its citizens and is not being influenced by other factors.

Having sais that. Now that lockdown UK had been deemed as the best way to proceed at, the government will be hung, drawn, and quartered for it's late / delayed action if perception of the situation unacceptable.

All Governments have a Pandemic Plan chekks. When I was at GOL we had a number of emergency plans, of which that was one.

The problem with such plans is that none of them ever cater for quite the scenario you end up facing, and the way in which information and evidence presents itself is rarely optimal. I suspect that is the case both ways here.

So far, the Government response has been high on impact (financial, social) but quite low on visibility (by which I mean the Army aren't on the streets in huge numbers). That may change if the crisis lasts appreciably longer than is being estimated.

One thing no-one has talked about much is how this is displacing normal types of criminality and how they will evolve. Put another way, there is a sub-class, often drug-dependent, who live on the back of shoplifting, begging and opportunistic crime. They won't have gone away, but that doesn't mean that they aren't around or that their need to offend isn't still acute. Just perhaps more difficult to do.

Totalitarian tiptoe on 16:08 - Mar 25 with 263 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Totalitarian tiptoe on 14:57 - Mar 25 by basilrobbiereborn

All Governments have a Pandemic Plan chekks. When I was at GOL we had a number of emergency plans, of which that was one.

The problem with such plans is that none of them ever cater for quite the scenario you end up facing, and the way in which information and evidence presents itself is rarely optimal. I suspect that is the case both ways here.

So far, the Government response has been high on impact (financial, social) but quite low on visibility (by which I mean the Army aren't on the streets in huge numbers). That may change if the crisis lasts appreciably longer than is being estimated.

One thing no-one has talked about much is how this is displacing normal types of criminality and how they will evolve. Put another way, there is a sub-class, often drug-dependent, who live on the back of shoplifting, begging and opportunistic crime. They won't have gone away, but that doesn't mean that they aren't around or that their need to offend isn't still acute. Just perhaps more difficult to do.

"Put another way, there is a sub-class, often drug-dependent who live on the back of begging and opportunistic crime."

Yup, quite a chunk of the financial sector will be throwing parties all over the world. 2nd time in 12 years unlimited free money, watch the price of super yachts, Rembrandts etc.... rocket over the next few years.

Totalitarian tiptoe on 16:13 - Mar 25 with 259 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Totalitarian tiptoe on 16:08 - Mar 25 by BringBackTheRedRoom

"Put another way, there is a sub-class, often drug-dependent who live on the back of begging and opportunistic crime."

Yup, quite a chunk of the financial sector will be throwing parties all over the world. 2nd time in 12 years unlimited free money, watch the price of super yachts, Rembrandts etc.... rocket over the next few years.

Totalitarian tiptoe on 05:20 - Mar 26 with 226 viewsspell_chekker

Totalitarian tiptoe on 16:13 - Mar 25 by basilrobbiereborn

Interesting comments about the druggie + criminal sub classes.

It's a serious situation as I'm sure they won't take these new circumstances lying down.

I was thinking about, and somewhat touched upon, the subject last week:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/blackpool/forum/256085/spare-a-thought-fo

Totalitarian tiptoe on 06:03 - Mar 26 with 225 viewsspell_chekker

To judge the government on their corona virus policy I'd, for the moment, take Italy as a point of reference.

If, eventually, the UK fares worse than Italy then the PM and his cabinate should be taken out and shot. The contrary if statistics are not as bad as ltaly's.

Italy went into lockdown on 11th March. It's possible to say that their number of deaths peaked and stabalised 9 days later on the 20th with between 600 and 700 deaths per day.

6 days later, This plateau is still continuing with the number of deaths yesterday, the 25th, being recorded as at 683.

Totalitarian tiptoe on 08:23 - Mar 26 with 211 viewsROTTWEILERS

Totalitarian tiptoe on 05:20 - Mar 26 by spell_chekker

Interesting comments about the druggie + criminal sub classes.

It's a serious situation as I'm sure they won't take these new circumstances lying down.

I was thinking about, and somewhat touched upon, the subject last week:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/blackpool/forum/256085/spare-a-thought-fo

Spell.

Being in daily telephone contact with at least 4-5 people who most people would label druggies, I feel qualified to comment. Not very revelatory, but it appears to be 'business as usual'. Those who are very chaotic; misusers of services, antisocial and lack agency - continue to do so. I've got a couple that are opportunistically maximising this situation to their benefit. Being a nuisance in town or at the Vic, for example.

Those with protective factors; positive social capital, increased structure/occupation and an ability to regulate themselves somewhat - are faring slightly better. Staying at home, abiding by the lockdown, courteous and understanding of the situation.

Same as the changes evident in most people in society really.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024