Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. 12:10 - Apr 4 with 6877 viewsBison

The new leader of the Labour Party , everyone happy about it ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 12:24 - Apr 5 with 1303 viewsthissceptredsaint

Well it's not done the Conservatives any harm has it and is he 'upper class'?

I wouldn't want him to be prime minister. George Osbourne and Peter Mandelson support him. Not a ringing endorsement for trustworthiness
Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 12:29 - Apr 5 with 1289 viewsOccasional_Showers

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 12:24 - Apr 5 by thissceptredsaint

Well it's not done the Conservatives any harm has it and is he 'upper class'?

I wouldn't want him to be prime minister. George Osbourne and Peter Mandelson support him. Not a ringing endorsement for trustworthiness

How many people grew up on a council estate and knew someone called “Jeremy”?

I think he is a threat to the Conservatives, but a lot will depend on the shadow cabinet. Making Angela Rayner - a thoroughly obnoxious woman - his deputy was a massive error of judgement.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 12:49 - Apr 5 with 1284 viewsgrumpy

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 12:29 - Apr 5 by Occasional_Showers

How many people grew up on a council estate and knew someone called “Jeremy”?

I think he is a threat to the Conservatives, but a lot will depend on the shadow cabinet. Making Angela Rayner - a thoroughly obnoxious woman - his deputy was a massive error of judgement.

Did Starmer choose her tho?
I thought it was put out to a vote like the leader.
Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 13:03 - Apr 5 with 1269 viewsBison

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 12:49 - Apr 5 by grumpy

Did Starmer choose her tho?
I thought it was put out to a vote like the leader.

All 3 candidates also said whoever won they would give jobs to the other 2 in the shadow cabinet. So Becky 10 out of 10 Long- Corbyn will still be rolled out for the cameras , I quite liked the other one though.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 13:40 - Apr 5 with 1251 viewsCapt_Koons

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 11:41 - Apr 5 by JaySaint

yeah, one thing Labour have nailed, it is being in touch with the poor. As they elect yet another upper class, publicly educated, southern white man

I think you're confused when you say publicly educated.
And the son of a tool smith doesn't sound upper class to me. Go away and think about it for a while

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 15:54 - Apr 5 with 1223 viewsJaySaint

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 13:40 - Apr 5 by Capt_Koons

I think you're confused when you say publicly educated.
And the son of a tool smith doesn't sound upper class to me. Go away and think about it for a while

He grew up in Surrey and went to a fee paying school.

I like him but lets not pretend Labour are any different to the other parties in terms of 'diversity' at the top

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 17:44 - Apr 5 with 1183 viewsCapt_Koons

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 15:54 - Apr 5 by JaySaint

He grew up in Surrey and went to a fee paying school.

I like him but lets not pretend Labour are any different to the other parties in terms of 'diversity' at the top

No he didn't go to a fee paying school. He passed his 11 plus and went to the local grammar school. His dad was a tool maker his mother was a nurse.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 17:52 - Apr 5 with 1171 viewsOccasional_Showers

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 17:44 - Apr 5 by Capt_Koons

No he didn't go to a fee paying school. He passed his 11 plus and went to the local grammar school. His dad was a tool maker his mother was a nurse.

He is an intelligent chap. The issue isn’t him, it’s the idiots that he will need to include in his cabinet to try to keep the Corbynite fanatics happy that will put off voters. That said we are in very unpredictable times so I could be wrong even on that if we move from a pandemic to a second Great Depression. If people become desperate the extremes on both sides always do better.

Login to get fewer ads

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 17:54 - Apr 5 with 1169 viewsJaySaint

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 17:44 - Apr 5 by Capt_Koons

sorry, it converted to a fee paying school whilst there!

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 17:56 - Apr 5 with 1160 viewsCapt_Koons

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 17:54 - Apr 5 by JaySaint

sorry, it converted to a fee paying school whilst there!

No it didn't.

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 18:05 - Apr 5 with 1146 viewsJaySaint

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 17:56 - Apr 5 by Capt_Koons

No it didn't.

oh..

"He passed the 11-plus examination and gained entry to Reigate Grammar School, then a voluntary aided state school, although it converted to an independent fee-paying grammar school in 1976 while he was there"

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 18:19 - Apr 5 with 1129 viewsgrumpy

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 18:05 - Apr 5 by JaySaint

oh..

"He passed the 11-plus examination and gained entry to Reigate Grammar School, then a voluntary aided state school, although it converted to an independent fee-paying grammar school in 1976 while he was there"

I don't get what point you are trying to make.
Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 18:55 - Apr 5 with 1097 viewsHappy_Jack

Apparently Colin Firth's character in the soppy film Love Actually was based on him.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 19:13 - Apr 5 with 1075 viewsBillyBlanco

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 18:55 - Apr 5 by Happy_Jack

Apparently Colin Firth's character in the soppy film Love Actually was based on him.

I've been very impressed by him over the last couple of years.
About time for a politician with serious gravitas.
Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 20:26 - Apr 5 with 1052 viewsthis_charming_man

Is it true he was the CPS lawyer who in 2009 decided there was insufficient evidence to charge jimmy Saville?

He was definitely involved in the review 3 years later

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20068621
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 20:28]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 21:17 - Apr 5 with 1019 viewskernow

There was insufficient evidence at that time.
Probably the right call, given his training and experience in the law.
Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 21:48 - Apr 5 with 1001 viewsMr_Happy

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 20:26 - Apr 5 by this_charming_man

Is it true he was the CPS lawyer who in 2009 decided there was insufficient evidence to charge jimmy Saville?

He was definitely involved in the review 3 years later

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20068621
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 20:28]

At least he didn't give him a knighthood.

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 22:22 - Apr 5 with 981 viewsthis_charming_man

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 21:17 - Apr 5 by kernow

There was insufficient evidence at that time.
Probably the right call, given his training and experience in the law.

Yes he was head of the CPS from July 2008 to November 2013. So didn’t convict one of Britains biggest paedos.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 22:23 - Apr 5 with 974 viewsOccasional_Showers

The new shadow chancellor looks like a scruffy mad cat woman.

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 12:17 - Apr 12 with 867 viewsSadoldgit

An excellent choice if you are not a Tory supporter. I worked under a number of DPPs whilst working for the CPS and he was by far the best. Most of them would pitch up to your office once or twice during their tenure and talk at you for an hour, then bugger off. He would ask questions about issues we may have and go away and do something about them if he could. Many politicians just like the sound of their own voices. As a QC he is used to gathering information and asking pertinent questions. PMs question time should improve although whether he will get anymore out ofJohnson than anyone else can is questionable. Anyway, I think he will turn Labour into an electable party and will make a decent PM in a few year’s time.
Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 13:22 - Apr 12 with 839 viewsgrumpy

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 12:17 - Apr 12 by Sadoldgit

An excellent choice if you are not a Tory supporter. I worked under a number of DPPs whilst working for the CPS and he was by far the best. Most of them would pitch up to your office once or twice during their tenure and talk at you for an hour, then bugger off. He would ask questions about issues we may have and go away and do something about them if he could. Many politicians just like the sound of their own voices. As a QC he is used to gathering information and asking pertinent questions. PMs question time should improve although whether he will get anymore out ofJohnson than anyone else can is questionable. Anyway, I think he will turn Labour into an electable party and will make a decent PM in a few year’s time.

He has gathered a very strong shadow cabinet round him.
Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 14:01 - Apr 12 with 833 views1885_SFC

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 13:22 - Apr 12 by grumpy

He has gathered a very strong shadow cabinet round him.

One that will be a "shadow" cabinet for many, many years.

They've learnt nothing. Not one single member of his cabinet voted 'leave'.

Typical Labour. Always looking back - never forward.

Old School is Cool

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 15:28 - Apr 12 with 802 viewsDorsetIan

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 14:01 - Apr 12 by 1885_SFC

One that will be a "shadow" cabinet for many, many years.

They've learnt nothing. Not one single member of his cabinet voted 'leave'.

Typical Labour. Always looking back - never forward.

Seriously, you think anyone will give a monkeys about Brexit when all this is over?

The world will be desperately trying to rebuild international trade and what will we be doing - standing firm on a ‘no deal’ exit? Somehow, I don’t think so.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 15:40 - Apr 12 with 792 viewsJaySaint

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 15:28 - Apr 12 by DorsetIan

Seriously, you think anyone will give a monkeys about Brexit when all this is over?

The world will be desperately trying to rebuild international trade and what will we be doing - standing firm on a ‘no deal’ exit? Somehow, I don’t think so.

I see he nailed the selection for the Shadow Minister for Equality...

eye right on the ball there!
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 15:41]

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 16:18 - Apr 12 with 770 viewsgrumpy

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 15:40 - Apr 12 by JaySaint

I see he nailed the selection for the Shadow Minister for Equality...

eye right on the ball there!
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 15:41]

and what exactly do mean by that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024