Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 21:32 - Apr 4 with 1128 viewskingslandstand1

Good to see the best club in the world looking after their non playing staff as they pay their playing staff £150k a week!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52165826

For once I'm agreeing with Carragher and some other ex players and Georgie Bingham

No subject on 22:26 - Apr 4 with 1081 viewsSaintsforeverj

Liverpool fc are a disgrace. One of the richest clubs in the world ask tax payers to pay their staff, whilst they pay their players 200k plus a week.

People wonder why they are hated. Man utd meanwhile take a totally different approach, so shows how greedy Liverpool are. But we know what they are like don't we, from when they illegally tapped up VD and how their fans cheat other fans by taking their tickets.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 22:34]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

No subject on 22:41 - Apr 4 with 1058 viewskingslandstand1

No subject on 22:26 - Apr 4 by Saintsforeverj

Liverpool fc are a disgrace. One of the richest clubs in the world ask tax payers to pay their staff, whilst they pay their players 200k plus a week.

People wonder why they are hated. Man utd meanwhile take a totally different approach, so shows how greedy Liverpool are. But we know what they are like don't we, from when they illegally tapped up VD and how their fans cheat other fans by taking their tickets.

The whole football world will be viewed differently when this mess is all over. I think attendances may be down as people will vote with their feet as there is such a sour taste in the mouths at the moment
But having said that, will I renew my ST next season whenever that may be? Yes I probably will as it's in my DNA to follow Saints but there will always from now be that nagging feeling that I should not have done so and have turned a bind eye
Yes, we only know what's happened by what we read in the press but it just comes across that they are all sh1ts. They're not, but they will all be tarred with that same brush. the one good thing that would help though is for them to get rid of that cooont Taylor as head of the PFA
No subject on 22:54 - Apr 4 with 1052 viewsSaintsforeverj

No subject on 22:41 - Apr 4 by kingslandstand1

The whole football world will be viewed differently when this mess is all over. I think attendances may be down as people will vote with their feet as there is such a sour taste in the mouths at the moment
But having said that, will I renew my ST next season whenever that may be? Yes I probably will as it's in my DNA to follow Saints but there will always from now be that nagging feeling that I should not have done so and have turned a bind eye
Yes, we only know what's happened by what we read in the press but it just comes across that they are all sh1ts. They're not, but they will all be tarred with that same brush. the one good thing that would help though is for them to get rid of that cooont Taylor as head of the PFA

There are some decent people like Eddie Howe, Potter and a few others but you could just guess what Liverpool's response would be. And on the whole, most PL players live in a different world. They kiss the badge, then look for the biggest pay cheque.

As for Saints, well I think they will have to seriously reduce season ticket prices. On the whole, it's been another depressing season at St Mary's and we know since the latest financial loss that there won't be investment in the team. Coupled with the football response during this virus crisis, I think season ticket sales will be right down across football but Saints especially.

You could be right. Things might change. Fans have had enough.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 23:01]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

No subject on 07:38 - Apr 5 with 973 viewssaintwizzler

Liverpool and Tottenham’s actions confirmed what I’ve thought about the state of professional football for a while. A bit more grass roots for me next season I think.

‘You’ll never walk alone’ sounds a bit hollow now.
An incredibly rich club owned by a billionaire taking public money in a crisis really is shabby behaviour.

Liverpool and Tottenham won’t be the only ones, that is for sure.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

No subject on 08:03 - Apr 5 with 958 viewsTheMoog

No subject on 07:38 - Apr 5 by saintwizzler

Liverpool and Tottenham’s actions confirmed what I’ve thought about the state of professional football for a while. A bit more grass roots for me next season I think.

‘You’ll never walk alone’ sounds a bit hollow now.
An incredibly rich club owned by a billionaire taking public money in a crisis really is shabby behaviour.

Liverpool and Tottenham won’t be the only ones, that is for sure.

Bromsgrove Sporting v Banbury United mush.

Standby to standby

No subject on 08:19 - Apr 5 with 941 viewsRednWight

While agreeing that big clubs can afford to pay their non playing staff rather than getting the taxpayer to do it I’m not sure players should take a pay cut
That will only help the clubs .
They must pay tax at the top rate so the cut in pay would be a huge loss to the inland revenue
Far better if the players union announced that all premier players were going to give a percentage of their pay after tax to local NHS trusts, care home staff etc.

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

No subject on 08:24 - Apr 5 with 931 viewsthis_charming_man

http://sportwitness.co.uk/shankly-liverpool-ceo-tells-spanish-media-club-special

What would shankly do?

Guess he’d let the tax payer pick up the bill for their staff whilst the club post £42m profits a few weeks earlier

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

No subject on 08:25 - Apr 5 with 931 viewsHeisenberg

No subject on 08:19 - Apr 5 by RednWight

While agreeing that big clubs can afford to pay their non playing staff rather than getting the taxpayer to do it I’m not sure players should take a pay cut
They must pay tax at the top rate so the cut in pay would be a huge loss to the inland revenue
Far better if the players union announced that all premier players were going to give a percentage of their pay after tax to local NHS trusts, care home staff etc.

Believe me these pricks will have their money tied up in all sorts of tax avoidance schemes. I'm finished with it all. I will always love Saints but I won't be spending any of my money on football after this.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Login to get fewer ads

No subject on 08:36 - Apr 5 with 914 viewsOccasional_Showers

No subject on 08:19 - Apr 5 by RednWight

I agree. Also multinationals getting the govt to pay the wages of stood down staff is to be expected. For me the issue has always been what happens next, i.e salaries, bonuses, gifts of shares to executives. These big companies should be made to pay back that money, but not to the detriment of our ability to compete in a global economy. And this is the problem, it’s a balance between taxation and multinationals simply moving parts of their operation to lower tax countries. After the pandemic phase of this crisis only one country is coming out of it smelling of roses - fookin China. The rest of us are fooked. So what I think needs to happen is that we a) unite in the west to fight China like we fought Soviet Communism. b) encompass into this strategy an agreement to align our taxation of businesses so no one big country has a significant advantage over another. Defeating China will mean sacrifices, but I think it’s something we cannot afford not to do.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 8:39]

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

No subject on 08:36 - Apr 5 with 916 viewsthis_charming_man

To be fair a lot of their fans are p1ssed off about it too

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345137.0

No subject on 09:40 - Apr 5 with 857 viewssolent_toffee

No subject on 22:26 - Apr 4 by Saintsforeverj

The furlough was brought in to stop companies from going to the wall during this crisis. To take advantage of this is disgusting. On the other hand, the way players are being hammered by the government and media is also out of order. Players should not be forced to take a pay cut, if they want to contribute to the NHS or whatever charity at this time, it’s entirely up to them. A lot of them are doing so without blowing smoke up their own arses. Yes players are extremely well paid, but so are many other professions, but they aren’t being vilified during this time.
No subject on 09:48 - Apr 5 with 847 viewsthis_charming_man

No subject on 09:40 - Apr 5 by solent_toffee

The furlough was brought in to stop companies from going to the wall during this crisis. To take advantage of this is disgusting. On the other hand, the way players are being hammered by the government and media is also out of order. Players should not be forced to take a pay cut, if they want to contribute to the NHS or whatever charity at this time, it’s entirely up to them. A lot of them are doing so without blowing smoke up their own arses. Yes players are extremely well paid, but so are many other professions, but they aren’t being vilified during this time.

Last seasons two champions league finalists are One of the first to take advantage between them they made over £100m profit last year. disgraceful, along with Newcastle the government are subsidicing three of the worlds richest clubs.

No subject on 10:48 - Apr 5 with 792 viewsBicester_North

No subject on 09:40 - Apr 5 by solent_toffee

The Premier League as a collective should’ve organised a big contribution, with clubs, players and the premier league itself.

As they didn’t, they’ve shown themselves to be the scum of the earth. The players are mostly robot mug c*nts that can’t make a cup of tea.

Why any normal person will continue going to premier league matches after this f*ck knows.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

No subject on 10:53 - Apr 5 with 779 viewsRednWight

No subject on 08:36 - Apr 5 by Occasional_Showers

I agree. Also multinationals getting the govt to pay the wages of stood down staff is to be expected. For me the issue has always been what happens next, i.e salaries, bonuses, gifts of shares to executives. These big companies should be made to pay back that money, but not to the detriment of our ability to compete in a global economy. And this is the problem, it’s a balance between taxation and multinationals simply moving parts of their operation to lower tax countries. After the pandemic phase of this crisis only one country is coming out of it smelling of roses - fookin China. The rest of us are fooked. So what I think needs to happen is that we a) unite in the west to fight China like we fought Soviet Communism. b) encompass into this strategy an agreement to align our taxation of businesses so no one big country has a significant advantage over another. Defeating China will mean sacrifices, but I think it’s something we cannot afford not to do.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 8:39]

If we all as individuals stop buying anything made in China it may make them take a look at their activities

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

No subject on 10:57 - Apr 5 with 765 viewssaintwizzler

No subject on 10:48 - Apr 5 by Bicester_North

The Premier League as a collective should’ve organised a big contribution, with clubs, players and the premier league itself.

As they didn’t, they’ve shown themselves to be the scum of the earth. The players are mostly robot mug c*nts that can’t make a cup of tea.

Why any normal person will continue going to premier league matches after this f*ck knows.

https://vm.tiktok.com/tHn5vF/

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

No subject on 11:41 - Apr 5 with 727 viewsBicester_North

No subject on 10:57 - Apr 5 by saintwizzler

https://vm.tiktok.com/tHn5vF/

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

No subject on 11:46 - Apr 5 with 715 viewskingslandstand1

No subject on 10:53 - Apr 5 by RednWight

If we all as individuals stop buying anything made in China it may make them take a look at their activities

Doesn't leave us much else to buy then ......
But great idea in principle if only it would work
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024