Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Hancock 09:41 - Apr 5 with 7631 viewsOccasional_Showers

Politics aside I think he’s a very capable and decent chap.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Matt Hancock on 22:10 - Apr 6 with 980 viewsDorsetIan

Matt Hancock on 20:03 - Apr 6 by Occasional_Showers

This is what they’re like. During ww2 they would have been rounded up, but these days we simply have to accept their right to be unpatriotic and to sow division at a time when national unity is so important. Thankfully these strange far left fanatics are rare creatures, but what they lack in numbers they make up for with multi logins and a insatiable desire to turn us into a Marxist state.

Another sensible call for the crisis not to be politicised has you reaching once again for your McCarthy era handbook.

You are obsessed and slightly mad - do you have any insight at all about yourself?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Matt Hancock on 10:10 - Apr 7 with 920 viewsSadoldgit

Matt Hancock on 20:03 - Apr 6 by Occasional_Showers

This is what they’re like. During ww2 they would have been rounded up, but these days we simply have to accept their right to be unpatriotic and to sow division at a time when national unity is so important. Thankfully these strange far left fanatics are rare creatures, but what they lack in numbers they make up for with multi logins and a insatiable desire to turn us into a Marxist state.

Interesting that you use the language of the far right. “Rounded up” indeed. No doubt you would have had all Remain voters rounded up and shot. You cannot help but politicaluse the situation. The government have made decisions which have potentially cost lives not saved lives. The government have run down public services to an extent that when we need them most, the infrastructure is not there. The opposition have a duty to “speak truth to power.” If things are not being handled correctly then the government need to be questioned. Just because we have a pandemic it doesn’t mean that we know have a dictatorship. For all the political rhetoric spouted by the government, this is not a war. This a very different set of serious circumstances and it needs to be handled as such. The government have a difficult job but they are not and should not be immune to criticism when they make mistakes or don’t answer questions except to quote production figures when front line staff are dying. It doesn’t seem to bother you that people are expected to go to work everyday and risk their lives. People’s if you were one of the NHS staff or care workers you would have a different perspective. But then you might find yourself “rounded up.”
Matt Hancock on 11:00 - Apr 7 with 898 viewsOccasional_Showers

Matt Hancock on 10:10 - Apr 7 by Sadoldgit

Interesting that you use the language of the far right. “Rounded up” indeed. No doubt you would have had all Remain voters rounded up and shot. You cannot help but politicaluse the situation. The government have made decisions which have potentially cost lives not saved lives. The government have run down public services to an extent that when we need them most, the infrastructure is not there. The opposition have a duty to “speak truth to power.” If things are not being handled correctly then the government need to be questioned. Just because we have a pandemic it doesn’t mean that we know have a dictatorship. For all the political rhetoric spouted by the government, this is not a war. This a very different set of serious circumstances and it needs to be handled as such. The government have a difficult job but they are not and should not be immune to criticism when they make mistakes or don’t answer questions except to quote production figures when front line staff are dying. It doesn’t seem to bother you that people are expected to go to work everyday and risk their lives. People’s if you were one of the NHS staff or care workers you would have a different perspective. But then you might find yourself “rounded up.”

At least it takes your mind off boring us all to death with your weird obsession with Caroline Flack.

Matt Hancock on 12:04 - Apr 7 with 873 viewsSadoldgit

Matt Hancock on 11:00 - Apr 7 by Occasional_Showers

At least it takes your mind off boring us all to death with your weird obsession with Caroline Flack.

Remind us how long ago I posed here about her? Nice attempt at diversion but you and your type are clearly happy to doff your caps to those playing fast and loose with other people’s lives. More news today about health workers dying of COVID-19 but hey, let’s round up all those who are calling for the people who are trying to keep us alive to be properly protected.
Matt Hancock on 13:48 - Apr 7 with 855 viewsGasGiant

Matt Hancock on 10:10 - Apr 7 by Sadoldgit

There's a lot of sense in what you say SoG, but "rounded up" a far right phrase? WHere do you get that from? If anything it belongs behind the Iron Curtain in the old Stalinist Soviet Union. I don't think anyone has been "rounded up" in the UK since the Tolpuddle Martyrs.
Matt Hancock on 14:28 - Apr 7 with 843 viewsOccasional_Showers

Matt Hancock on 12:04 - Apr 7 by Sadoldgit

Remind us how long ago I posed here about her? Nice attempt at diversion but you and your type are clearly happy to doff your caps to those playing fast and loose with other people’s lives. More news today about health workers dying of COVID-19 but hey, let’s round up all those who are calling for the people who are trying to keep us alive to be properly protected.

Diversion, don’t be silly, it’s more having a little giggle at someone who takes himself far too seriously.

Matt Hancock on 14:28 - Apr 7 with 843 viewsDorsetIan

Matt Hancock on 13:48 - Apr 7 by GasGiant

There's a lot of sense in what you say SoG, but "rounded up" a far right phrase? WHere do you get that from? If anything it belongs behind the Iron Curtain in the old Stalinist Soviet Union. I don't think anyone has been "rounded up" in the UK since the Tolpuddle Martyrs.

"Rounding up" may not be exclusively an extreme right wing phenomena but the rounding up of 'left wing' protesters, which Ignatius was endorsing (and at the same time identifying EVERY voice of complaint as of the far left), is clearly a right wing activity.

But there isn't much point analysing what he says too deeply because the fella is clearly bonkers. Who in the 21st century harks back to the second world war as a paradigm for good politics? And these days you only really see this kind of unhinged obsession about the far left in those with crackpot far right views.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Matt Hancock on 18:02 - Apr 7 with 823 viewsGasGiant

Matt Hancock on 20:05 - Apr 6 by saint22

So you think that those in power are a respectable group who are doing a good job do you?

No Saint, their performance has not kept pace with events and in some things they have been really poor. I'm just as pissed off as everyone else when they make commitments e.g. to increase testing, and then nothing happens. But If it's beyond their control eg the tests are unreliable then they should say so rather than cover up errors in the daily briefings which have been evasive. But there is a world of difference between making poor choices and being victims of situations out of their control. If I had been in their shoes at the start I'd turn to expert epidemiologists and the Chief scientific officers and do what they advised. I am most angry at the failures of cosy quangos like Public Health England and the NHS Trust executives who should be doing the actual mobilisation and integration of testing laboratories etc but have done bugger all to exploit the testing capability that we already have. If I was a politician forced to stand and take the flak for their incompetence I'd be "somewhat annoyed".
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Hancock on 18:10 - Apr 7 with 819 viewsSadoldgit

Matt Hancock on 14:28 - Apr 7 by Occasional_Showers

Diversion, don’t be silly, it’s more having a little giggle at someone who takes himself far too seriously.

I’m not sure that someone taking their own life or a national pandemic which is costing thousands of lives are subjects worth a little giggle, but knock yourself out if it cheers you up.
Matt Hancock on 18:14 - Apr 7 with 815 viewsSadoldgit

Matt Hancock on 13:48 - Apr 7 by GasGiant

Fair point. Rounding up occurs in any extreme regime. OS seems to be of a far right persuasion so I was just thinking of it from a Nazi perspective when I responded to him.
Matt Hancock on 18:15 - Apr 7 with 812 viewsOccasional_Showers

Matt Hancock on 18:10 - Apr 7 by Sadoldgit

I’m not sure that someone taking their own life or a national pandemic which is costing thousands of lives are subjects worth a little giggle, but knock yourself out if it cheers you up.

Matt Hancock on 21:27 - Apr 7 with 775 viewsBazza

Matt Hancock on 18:02 - Apr 7 by GasGiant

No Saint, their performance has not kept pace with events and in some things they have been really poor. I'm just as pissed off as everyone else when they make commitments e.g. to increase testing, and then nothing happens. But If it's beyond their control eg the tests are unreliable then they should say so rather than cover up errors in the daily briefings which have been evasive. But there is a world of difference between making poor choices and being victims of situations out of their control. If I had been in their shoes at the start I'd turn to expert epidemiologists and the Chief scientific officers and do what they advised. I am most angry at the failures of cosy quangos like Public Health England and the NHS Trust executives who should be doing the actual mobilisation and integration of testing laboratories etc but have done bugger all to exploit the testing capability that we already have. If I was a politician forced to stand and take the flak for their incompetence I'd be "somewhat annoyed".

Spot on especially your comments about the failing quangos
Matt Hancock on 09:23 - Apr 16 with 734 viewsSadoldgit

Care home staff are crying out for PPE and better testing and what is Matt Hancock going to give them? A badge. Yes, a badge. I just hope that no one here has loved ones either in care or working in a care home.
Matt Hancock on 09:31 - Apr 16 with 724 viewsCapt_Koons

Matt Hancock on 09:23 - Apr 16 by Sadoldgit

Care home staff are crying out for PPE and better testing and what is Matt Hancock going to give them? A badge. Yes, a badge. I just hope that no one here has loved ones either in care or working in a care home.

And who had the useless Matt Hancock but in charge of PPE procurement? A hereditary Lord with no experience of procuring anything but did donate to Matt Hancocks failed leadership bid. You couldn't make it up .

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Matt Hancock on 09:58 - Apr 16 with 708 viewskernow

He's doing a great job. Following the Tory policy of social Darwinism to the letter.
How many covid19 related care home deaths have there been? We don't know do we.
Matt Hancock on 11:01 - Apr 16 with 681 viewsNumber_58

Matt Hancock on 09:23 - Apr 16 by Sadoldgit

My wife's a care worker and she was underwhelmed to say the least when Hancock showed off the green badge last night. As part of her work she has to collect shopping and prescriptions for the old folk she looks after (all within her allotted time slot for each client) and most shops have been brilliant and let her jump the queue once they see her uniform, but some supermarket staff have been utter bast*rds and refused to give her priority when they see she's 'only' a care worker and not a nurse, meaning she often doesn't have the time to queue up. If the government had recognised the importance of care workers weeks ago it would have made their jobs a lot easier and prevented a lot of resentment. Also, my mum's in a care home and the staff are brilliant but they're all so worried about the residents catching the virus and obviously about their own personal safety. They feel as though they've been neglected and totally left in the dark. I actually think the government has generally handled the crisis pretty well overall (and we should all thank God we don't have someone like Trump in charge) but they seem to have been misguided in certain areas and the odd admission that they've got a few things wrong would be appreciated by many in the health sector I'm sure.
Matt Hancock on 11:15 - Apr 16 with 673 viewsSadoldgit

Fortunately a number of journalists have been forcing the care home issue and have made sure that it is now on the Government’s agenda, which it clearly wasn’t before. Goodness knows what the real death toll is, but it is certainly much higher than the one reported daily. It is issues like this that show that despite what they say, we are not all in this together. Some are on their own. Thank goodness we still have people prepared to question those making the decisions.
Matt Hancock on 12:04 - Apr 16 with 660 viewsBazza

Matt Hancock on 11:15 - Apr 16 by Sadoldgit

Fortunately a number of journalists have been forcing the care home issue and have made sure that it is now on the Government’s agenda, which it clearly wasn’t before. Goodness knows what the real death toll is, but it is certainly much higher than the one reported daily. It is issues like this that show that despite what they say, we are not all in this together. Some are on their own. Thank goodness we still have people prepared to question those making the decisions.

Don't forget many care homes are privately owned so in the first instance their owners need to share a big chunk of criticism and get their supply logistics in order.
So far it appears that deaths from the virus in care homes have accounted for about 1.5% of their 'patients' but no doubt this number needs updating.
Matt Hancock on 12:35 - Apr 16 with 648 viewsJaySaint

Matt Hancock on 12:04 - Apr 16 by Bazza

Don't forget many care homes are privately owned so in the first instance their owners need to share a big chunk of criticism and get their supply logistics in order.
So far it appears that deaths from the virus in care homes have accounted for about 1.5% of their 'patients' but no doubt this number needs updating.

not only private, but charge an incredible amount of money.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Matt Hancock on 22:11 - Apr 16 with 616 viewsSadoldgit

Matt Hancock on 12:04 - Apr 16 by Bazza

Where do they get them from? If NHS staff can’t get the proper equipment in the right numbers how are they expected to?
Matt Hancock on 08:35 - Apr 17 with 566 viewsGasGiant

Matt Hancock on 11:01 - Apr 16 by Number_58

My wife's a care worker and she was underwhelmed to say the least when Hancock showed off the green badge last night. As part of her work she has to collect shopping and prescriptions for the old folk she looks after (all within her allotted time slot for each client) and most shops have been brilliant and let her jump the queue once they see her uniform, but some supermarket staff have been utter bast*rds and refused to give her priority when they see she's 'only' a care worker and not a nurse, meaning she often doesn't have the time to queue up. If the government had recognised the importance of care workers weeks ago it would have made their jobs a lot easier and prevented a lot of resentment. Also, my mum's in a care home and the staff are brilliant but they're all so worried about the residents catching the virus and obviously about their own personal safety. They feel as though they've been neglected and totally left in the dark. I actually think the government has generally handled the crisis pretty well overall (and we should all thank God we don't have someone like Trump in charge) but they seem to have been misguided in certain areas and the odd admission that they've got a few things wrong would be appreciated by many in the health sector I'm sure.

I for one applaud the efforts of your wife and the hidden army of care workers who at last are being mentioned in briefings, and I am sure everyone feels the same. My elderly father has dementia and has care workers who tend to his basic needs and these ladies have stuck to their jobs these last few weeks with no protection of any kind, without complaint and with thoughts only for the old ladies and men who rely on them. Well done and thank you to all of them.
Matt Hancock on 09:20 - Apr 17 with 552 viewshuelinsaint

Matt Hancock on 22:10 - Apr 6 by DorsetIan

Another sensible call for the crisis not to be politicised has you reaching once again for your McCarthy era handbook.

You are obsessed and slightly mad - do you have any insight at all about yourself?

He's a bit strange, i can imagine him in his bedroom salivating over the Tory manifesto
Matt Hancock on 18:05 - Apr 17 with 525 viewsMr_Happy

What a wonderful job he's doing.

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

Matt Hancock on 20:13 - Apr 17 with 494 views1885_SFC

Matt Hancock on 18:05 - Apr 17 by Mr_Happy

What a wonderful job he's doing.

Fake news...

Old School is Cool

Matt Hancock on 22:12 - Apr 17 with 467 viewsNumber_58

Matt Hancock on 08:35 - Apr 17 by GasGiant

I for one applaud the efforts of your wife and the hidden army of care workers who at last are being mentioned in briefings, and I am sure everyone feels the same. My elderly father has dementia and has care workers who tend to his basic needs and these ladies have stuck to their jobs these last few weeks with no protection of any kind, without complaint and with thoughts only for the old ladies and men who rely on them. Well done and thank you to all of them.

Thanks, I know that all the carers and care home workers really appreciate all the support from the public. Although I did think that the wife doing a lap of honour up and down the street last night was taking the pi*s a bit. (Only joking).
Anyway, the good news today was that the care company she works for has been told by the government that workers can now get a test if they think they may have the virus. The bad news is they will have to drive to Gatwick Airport to get it done. (Unfortunately, I'm not joking)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024