Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The British public solidly behind the government 15:03 - Apr 18 with 7369 viewsOccasional_Showers

In the interests of truth and accuracy 66% of the British public support the government. Once again the left are shown to be all mouth and are not representative of public opinion. I think this needs pointing out as they are currently in overdrive trying to sow division and lower morale in the NHS.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/04/17/support-governm

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

The British public solidly behind the government on 10:26 - Apr 19 with 1101 viewsdirk_doone

Whatever happened to that Russia report? When Cummings was sent from Moscow, we were told he had fallen out with the KGB but had he really?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7644195/Boris-Johnsons-adviser-Dominic-
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 10:28]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The British public solidly behind the government on 14:02 - Apr 19 with 1044 viewsSadoldgit

The British public solidly behind the government on 10:18 - Apr 19 by Occasional_Showers

Michael Gove explained all this and what he said made perfect sense. The government are doing a good job. The left wing fanaticism on display now running our country down is distasteful and some people are going to be taken in by it, but the overwhelming majority of people will see the good work that Boris and his government have done and will do what good patriotic people do in a crisis and rally round the flag.

🤣😂😅😷
The British public solidly behind the government on 14:16 - Apr 19 with 1036 viewsRednWight

The British public solidly behind the government on 10:18 - Apr 19 by Occasional_Showers

Michael Gove explained all this and what he said made perfect sense. The government are doing a good job. The left wing fanaticism on display now running our country down is distasteful and some people are going to be taken in by it, but the overwhelming majority of people will see the good work that Boris and his government have done and will do what good patriotic people do in a crisis and rally round the flag.

Absolutely
The left wing scum of the Mail and Times should be ashamed
Talking of Gove explaining things has he explained yet how his daughter got tested before countless nurses and doctors

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

The British public solidly behind the government on 14:19 - Apr 19 with 1034 viewsOccasional_Showers

The British public solidly behind the government on 14:02 - Apr 19 by Sadoldgit

🤣😂😅😷

The British public solidly behind the government on 14:28 - Apr 19 with 1028 viewsthis_charming_man

If only we were still in the EU

https://apple.news/A4OVYx8qqRt-C_Ib5rZnkAg

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

The British public solidly behind the government on 15:36 - Apr 19 with 1006 viewsgrumpy

The British public solidly behind the government on 14:28 - Apr 19 by this_charming_man

If only we were still in the EU

https://apple.news/A4OVYx8qqRt-C_Ib5rZnkAg

I don't think you read all that article.
The British public solidly behind the government on 15:48 - Apr 19 with 994 viewsdirk_doone

The British public solidly behind the government on 15:36 - Apr 19 by grumpy

“Europe has now become the world’s beating heart of solidarity.”

To be fair, many people now look up to Merkel rather than Trump as the leader of the western world. Germany has been incredibly generous, airlifting coronavirus patients in from neighbouring countries so they can be treated in German hospitals and donating respirators free of charge to UK hospitals.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The British public solidly behind the government on 19:27 - Apr 19 with 955 viewsSadoldgit

The British public solidly behind the government on 22:26 - Apr 18 by 1885_SFC

Right now - somewhere in Spain on a Spanish forum - there will be a 'sadoldgit' (triste viejo git)... and an equivalent 'sadoldgit' (triste vecchio idiota) on the Italian websites asking the exact same questions. There's probably a 'sadoldgit' (悲しい古いgit) on the Japanese forums tonight - especially in the Osaka region. Like you, and many others sadly, the have all failed to understand that this virus spread like wildfire and cannot get their heads around the fact that no matter how much government preparation the likes of Italy, Spain, France and the UK took - politics aside - it was never going to be enough for this highly contagious disease.

In Osaka tonight, by the way, the mayor has appealed for people to donate their raincoats, so they could be used as personal protective equipment (PPE) for health workers whom he said were being forced to fashion PPE out of rubbish bags.

And that - in modern 21st century ultra-high tech Japan. Who'd have thought eh?

Carry on (deliberately) missing the point.
Login to get fewer ads

The British public solidly behind the government on 19:35 - Apr 19 with 945 viewsthis_charming_man

The British public solidly behind the government on 15:36 - Apr 19 by grumpy

What did I miss?

The British public solidly behind the government on 19:37 - Apr 19 with 945 viewsSadoldgit

The British public solidly behind the government on 21:28 - Apr 18 by Occasional_Showers

Thanks. I’ve got the box set.

Explains everything.
The British public solidly behind the government on 19:43 - Apr 19 with 938 viewsOccasional_Showers

The British public solidly behind the government on 19:37 - Apr 19 by Sadoldgit

Explains everything.

The British public solidly behind the government on 20:01 - Apr 19 with 920 viewsHappy_Jack

The British public solidly behind the government on 19:43 - Apr 19 by Occasional_Showers

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

The British public solidly behind the government on 20:47 - Apr 19 with 897 viewsJaySaint

https://healthmedia.blog.gov.uk/2020/04/19/response-to-sunday-times-insight-arti

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

The British public solidly behind the government on 21:19 - Apr 19 with 878 viewsgrumpy

The British public solidly behind the government on 19:35 - Apr 19 by this_charming_man

What did I miss?

Read it all this time.
The British public solidly behind the government on 21:49 - Apr 19 with 856 viewsDorsetIan

The British public solidly behind the government on 20:47 - Apr 19 by JaySaint

https://healthmedia.blog.gov.uk/2020/04/19/response-to-sunday-times-insight-arti

Interesting. And shows that there are two sides to every story.

This is all going to have to be reviewed by a proper enquiry in which everybody being accused of something has an opportunity to explain their actions and defend themselves from criticism.

In my opinion, unless they discover a 'smoking gun', journalists should concentrate on what is happening now and leave the raking over the coals until later. There are plenty of current issues - PPE, care homes, disproportionate outcomes for different ethnic groups, exit strategy, why some other countries are doing better - that they can usefully investigate and ask questions about now.

Interesting though that The Sunday Time would publish such an overly anti-government article.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

The British public solidly behind the government on 21:57 - Apr 19 with 848 viewsthis_charming_man

The British public solidly behind the government on 21:19 - Apr 19 by grumpy

Read it all this time.

I did. What’s your point?

The British public solidly behind the government on 22:30 - Apr 19 with 824 views1885_SFC

The British public solidly behind the government on 19:27 - Apr 19 by Sadoldgit

Carry on (deliberately) missing the point.

What point is that?

Old School is Cool

The British public solidly behind the government on 23:19 - Apr 19 with 807 viewsSadoldgit

Death toll 19th April

Germany 4,586 with a population of over 70m

UK 16,060 with a population of over 60m

Wouldn’t it be very strange not to ask why there is such a big difference in the mortality rate?
The British public solidly behind the government on 00:22 - Apr 20 with 792 views1885_SFC

The British public solidly behind the government on 23:19 - Apr 19 by Sadoldgit

Death toll 19th April

Wouldn’t it be very strange not to ask why there is such a big difference in the mortality rate?

Death toll 19th April

New York State 13,869 with a population of 19.4 million

Italy 23,660 with a population of 60m

Spain 21,238 with a population of 47m

Hmmmmm nope. Still not getting your point.

Old School is Cool

The British public solidly behind the government on 00:29 - Apr 20 with 789 viewswashington_saint

The British public solidly behind the government on 23:19 - Apr 19 by Sadoldgit

Death toll 19th April

Way to use differing ways of counting to fit your agenda. In Germany, they only count Coronavirus deaths where someone actually died because of it as opposed to with it (pre-existing conditions).
The British public solidly behind the government on 07:21 - Apr 20 with 747 viewsMr_Happy

The British public solidly behind the government on 00:29 - Apr 20 by washington_saint

Way to use differing ways of counting to fit your agenda. In Germany, they only count Coronavirus deaths where someone actually died because of it as opposed to with it (pre-existing conditions).

Try and do some research, they are counting every person who dies with the virus as a death from the virus.
The big difference in Germany is early intervention, we only admit to hospital once critical.

[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 7:27]

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

The British public solidly behind the government (n/t) on 07:33 - Apr 20 with 740 viewsDellHero

The British public solidly behind the government on 21:17 - Apr 18 by Sadoldgit

Some information that the People’s Government haven’t told you that might help save your life.

Social distancing is given at 2 metres but the Covid-19 virus can travel up to 8 metres in water droplets from coughs and sneezes. If someone coughs or sneezes in an aisle in a supermarket the virus can travel over the top of the aisle into the next. The virus can hang around in a cloud of water droplets long after the person who coughed or sneezed has left the area. It would make sense to start wearing masks, but I guess we will need to wait a bit longer for the penny to drop with Matt.

[Post edited 9 May 2020 20:12]
The British public solidly behind the government on 16:11 - May 18 with 614 viewsSadoldgit

Only 39% have confidence in the government’s handling of the virus now yet not a peep from OS. In the interest of balance I am surprised that he hasn’t kept us all up to date with the figures. Too busy slagging off our teachers I guess.
The British public solidly behind the government on 16:12 - May 18 with 611 viewsBoris_

The British public solidly behind the government on 16:11 - May 18 by Sadoldgit

Only 39% have confidence in the government’s handling of the virus now yet not a peep from OS. In the interest of balance I am surprised that he hasn’t kept us all up to date with the figures. Too busy slagging off our teachers I guess.

You're not quoting newspaper figures, are you?

Poll: Claude Puel

The British public solidly behind the government on 16:47 - May 18 with 587 viewsSadoldgit

The British public solidly behind the government on 16:12 - May 18 by Boris_

You're not quoting newspaper figures, are you?

Where did Dune get his original figures from?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024