Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The British public solidly behind the government 15:03 - Apr 18 with 7366 viewsOccasional_Showers

In the interests of truth and accuracy 66% of the British public support the government. Once again the left are shown to be all mouth and are not representative of public opinion. I think this needs pointing out as they are currently in overdrive trying to sow division and lower morale in the NHS.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/04/17/support-governm

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

The British public solidly behind the government on 16:57 - May 18 with 946 viewsSadoldgit

A poll by YouGov last week (as reported by the Murdoch owned Sky News) shows that 49% think that the government are handling the virus badly.

49%

Oh dear!

No wonder it is hammer the teachers time. Anything to deflect from bad news.
The British public solidly behind the government on 17:27 - May 18 with 930 viewssaint22

The British public solidly behind the government on 17:37 - Apr 18 by Occasional_Showers

He’s married to Mary on gogglebox. They watch and pass judgement on tv programmes as a couple.

the fact you watch a show about people who watch tv tells me everything i already knew about your pathetic life
The British public solidly behind the government on 10:20 - May 19 with 814 viewsRon11

The British public solidly behind the government on 21:19 - Apr 18 by Sadoldgit

I quite like Giles. Do you remember Alf Garnett? You remind me of him.

Reminds me of old man Steptoe.
Oh wait...he plays for Leicester
The British public solidly behind the government on 10:37 - May 19 with 792 viewsSadoldgit

Little surprise really that the figures of support have dropped so much. Hancock has been dreadful, the mixed messages appalling and Johnson’s unique method of leading from the back has backfired big time. We elect these people to make decisions on our behalf and trust them to do the right thing. Whatever your political stance, the handing of the care home situation alone has been a total mess and probably should involve a criminal investigation. There is now a shameful effort by some on the Internet and in the media to deflect from the current car crash by blaming teachers for, quite rightly, seeking assurances about the safety of pupils and themselves when returning to work. To label teachers workshy and lazy is precisely why so many people hate Tory ideology. They clearly have no shame and have now taken to attacking their own (the middle classes). We are now shutting our borders to the very people who help keep this country running under normal circumstances. What a mess.
The British public solidly behind the government on 10:47 - May 19 with 788 viewsJaySaint

The British public solidly behind the government on 10:37 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

Little surprise really that the figures of support have dropped so much. Hancock has been dreadful, the mixed messages appalling and Johnson’s unique method of leading from the back has backfired big time. We elect these people to make decisions on our behalf and trust them to do the right thing. Whatever your political stance, the handing of the care home situation alone has been a total mess and probably should involve a criminal investigation. There is now a shameful effort by some on the Internet and in the media to deflect from the current car crash by blaming teachers for, quite rightly, seeking assurances about the safety of pupils and themselves when returning to work. To label teachers workshy and lazy is precisely why so many people hate Tory ideology. They clearly have no shame and have now taken to attacking their own (the middle classes). We are now shutting our borders to the very people who help keep this country running under normal circumstances. What a mess.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

The British public solidly behind the government on 11:03 - May 19 with 778 viewsSadoldgit

The British public solidly behind the government on 10:47 - May 19 by JaySaint

I think the fact that you think this is funny just underlines my point.
The British public solidly behind the government on 11:47 - May 19 with 773 viewsJaySaint

The British public solidly behind the government on 11:03 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

I think the fact that you think this is funny just underlines my point.

I believe that apart from Saint22, no one on here takes you remotely seriously.

Bit like the other place, so I believe

The British public solidly behind the government on 11:58 - May 19 with 767 viewsOccasional_Showers

God are you still fookin moaning.

Login to get fewer ads

The British public solidly behind the government on 12:05 - May 19 with 753 viewsDorsetIan

The British public solidly behind the government on 11:58 - May 19 by Occasional_Showers

What were you doing when you started a thread suggesting we should boo teachers?

I presume that that wasn't 'moaning' even though it sounded a lot like it to me.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

The British public solidly behind the government on 12:28 - May 19 with 748 viewsSadoldgit

The British public solidly behind the government on 11:47 - May 19 by JaySaint

I believe that apart from Saint22, no one on here takes you remotely seriously.

Bit like the other place, so I believe

Keep it up Jay, you dig yourself deeper every time you post.
The British public solidly behind the government on 12:49 - May 19 with 743 viewssaint22

The British public solidly behind the government on 11:58 - May 19 by Occasional_Showers

Classic response from a Trump/Farage/Boris fan when hit by facts
The British public solidly behind the government on 13:07 - May 19 with 722 viewsDorsetIan

I think that part of the problem is that instead of just getting on with controlling the virus, the govt has always had half an eye on how everything will 'spin'.

So, knowing that they weren't trusted on the NHS, they threw all their resources and messaging into the 'protect the NHS' side of things, which they by and large achieved, but in doing so so they completely dropped the ball on ramping up testing, track and trace and, particularly, what was happening in care homes.

The deaths in care home have then kept us in lockdown longer than should otherwise have been necessary but now they simply have to get us out of lockdown because the health risks of keeping us in are starting to outweigh the risks of coming out.

So they are probably bringing us out too soon, and therefore people are rightly worried and they haven't had a chance to get everything properly prepared. To make sure that the govt can't be blamed for that, they have presented a confused and muddy exit strategy that is vague enough that they can deny responsibility if it doesn't go well.

For what it's worth, my suspicion is that the early scientific advice they received was poor, so they were on the back foot from the beginning. But the fact that they are hard-wired not to tell the truth has just made everything worse.

Hopefully, the numbers of cases and deaths will now continue to fall and there won't be another 'spike'. If there is, they will do well to keep that dissatisfaction rating at only 49%.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 13:10]

The British public solidly behind the government on 13:20 - May 19 with 717 viewsSadoldgit

A second wave would be disastrous and would take us all the way back to square one, which is why I don’t blame the teachers, or anybody else, for being cautious in returning to work. To be called workshy and lazy because you don’t want to be hooked up to a ventilator, or worse still, end up dead, is appalling.

Re options, I understand that they were given several options initially but chose to go down the herd immunity route initially. Fortunately they did a u-turn when they realised it could lead to 500,000 deaths.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 13:29]
The British public solidly behind the government on 13:36 - May 19 with 710 viewsJaySaint

The British public solidly behind the government on 13:20 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

A second wave would be disastrous and would take us all the way back to square one, which is why I don’t blame the teachers, or anybody else, for being cautious in returning to work. To be called workshy and lazy because you don’t want to be hooked up to a ventilator, or worse still, end up dead, is appalling.

Re options, I understand that they were given several options initially but chose to go down the herd immunity route initially. Fortunately they did a u-turn when they realised it could lead to 500,000 deaths.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 13:29]

you are right,

we should encourage police, doctors, nurses, firefighters, armed forces people.
to all go home and self isolate

The British public solidly behind the government on 13:45 - May 19 with 694 viewsDorsetIan

The British public solidly behind the government on 13:36 - May 19 by JaySaint

you are right,

Or, like others countries have done, we should offer a clear strategy on how to exit lockdown...

'stay at home, don't stay at home, walk, don't take public transport, take public transport, touch you ear with your elbow, whistle, stand on you head, eat a banana, go to the park, don't go to Spain, stay alert, stay tuned, tune in, drop out...

The British public solidly behind the government on 13:45 - May 19 with 700 viewsBoris_

you are right,

Don't forget delivery drivers, shop workers, warehouse workers, care workers, council workers etc... they should all go home and hide from the virus as well.

People genuinely think there is going to be a second wave? Just another excuse for people not to go back to work, the chance of a 2nd wave as big/bigger than the first is almost impossible unless we go back to normal next week with no social distancing, which we aren't going to do.

More irrational worrying and crying from sadoldgit ( who is clearly a current/former teacher as he has such a bee in his bonnet about it )

Are all teachers Liverpool fans btw? They appear to have very similar personalities.

Poll: Claude Puel

The British public solidly behind the government on 13:49 - May 19 with 694 viewsSadoldgit

you are right,

Did they government close the schools? Did the government tell essential services to go and hide? You seem to have forgotten logic in your rush to slur a large and important section of our workforce.
The British public solidly behind the government on 14:41 - May 19 with 674 viewsOccasional_Showers

The British public solidly behind the government on 12:49 - May 19 by saint22

Classic response from a Trump/Farage/Boris fan when hit by facts

What facts Benji? It was just the usual dreary soggy ramble.

The British public solidly behind the government on 14:58 - May 19 with 659 viewsSadoldgit

The British public solidly behind the government on 14:41 - May 19 by Occasional_Showers

What facts Benji? It was just the usual dreary soggy ramble.

Do you think that your constant Tory Fanboy ramblings are any less dreary Dune? There is something about the way that people like yours and Trump’s brains work that suggests certain parallels in your thought processes. There is a book in there somewhere. When under the cosh, don’t deal with reasoned argument and facts, just resort to childish retorts and the playground mentality. It’s something that Johnson does as well. Can you see a picture building here Dune?
The British public solidly behind the government on 15:02 - May 19 with 660 viewsBoris_

The British public solidly behind the government on 13:49 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

Did they government close the schools? Did the government tell essential services to go and hide? You seem to have forgotten logic in your rush to slur a large and important section of our workforce.

The government are trying to open the schools, not close them?

The British public solidly behind the government on 15:37 - May 19 with 642 viewsSadoldgit

The British public solidly behind the government on 15:02 - May 19 by Boris_

The government are trying to open the schools, not close them?

The government closed them originally, not the teachers or their unions.
The British public solidly behind the government on 15:40 - May 19 with 641 viewsBoris_

The British public solidly behind the government on 15:37 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

The government closed them originally, not the teachers or their unions.

You're very selective in your arguments aren't you?

The British public solidly behind the government on 15:54 - May 19 with 628 viewsSadoldgit

The British public solidly behind the government on 15:40 - May 19 by Boris_

You're very selective in your arguments aren't you?

Not at all. You would have us believe that teachers are workshy and lazy. The simple fact is that they didn’t chose to close the schools down. They were instructed to do so. Many of them will open again soon but not the likes of Eton, the public schools no doubt completely populated by workshy and lazy teachers?
The British public solidly behind the government on 16:12 - May 19 with 624 viewsBoris_

The British public solidly behind the government on 15:54 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

Not at all. You would have us believe that teachers are workshy and lazy. The simple fact is that they didn’t chose to close the schools down. They were instructed to do so. Many of them will open again soon but not the likes of Eton, the public schools no doubt completely populated by workshy and lazy teachers?

Oh no, I have repeated myself ( your selective hearing won't acknowledge it ) on many an occasion that I don't think ALL teachers are work shy.

The simple fact is they are being instructed to open now.

As for the likes of Eton, would you like me to point out the massive differences between a £15,000 a term private school and a state school?

The British public solidly behind the government on 16:37 - May 19 with 604 viewsSadoldgit

The British public solidly behind the government on 16:12 - May 19 by Boris_

Oh no, I have repeated myself ( your selective hearing won't acknowledge it ) on many an occasion that I don't think ALL teachers are work shy.

The simple fact is they are being instructed to open now.

As for the likes of Eton, would you like me to point out the massive differences between a £15,000 a term private school and a state school?

Apart from the money, yes please. Are you saying that poor people’s lives are expendable but if you can afford the fees your life is worth greater consideration? As for workshy and lazy teachers, although you haven’t met them and have no idea what they do, have been asked to do and maybe cannot do due to certain circumstances, you have obviously decided that a large amount are. You have also decided that they must be lazy and workshy because some of them wZnt assurances about the safety of their pupils and themselves before returning to work. This dispute the fact that MPs are not returning to work because they can’t sociially distance themselves either. Although you have zero qualifications you know for a fact that it totally safe for children, teachers and the parents who do the school runs to go back to normal. Anyone not doing so is workshy and lazy. Not once have you accepted that perhaps some people are not convinced of the timing and are worried about their safety or that of their pupils. We still don’t know if children can transfer the virus to their teachers, parents or, god forbid, elderly grandparents. We were late in locking down and closing schools, why is it such a problem for us to delay opening schools until we have more data on the safety, and how to do it properly, from other countries who have just started opening schools again? This government seem to have a real problem with siting down with people and agreeing on a way forward. Perhaps it is a Cummings thing? If they want to move forward with the confidence of the country, apart from the odd few people who think it is wise to follow their directives blindly (because that has worked out so well so far) perhaps they should sit down and try and get a consensus for a way forward? Firing out directives with their appalling track record so far really isn’t wise.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024