Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tough read 12:04 - Apr 19 with 14071 viewssaint22

This tells you how mistakes have cost lives and futures

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/18/how-did-britain-get-its-response-t
Tough read on 10:25 - Apr 24 with 598 viewshuelinsaint

Tough read on 09:48 - Apr 24 by Occasional_Showers

Labour has been found to be “institutionally anti Semitic”, do you not understand what that means?

Where?
Tough read on 10:26 - Apr 24 with 597 viewshuelinsaint

Tough read on 10:15 - Apr 24 by Occasional_Showers

Our testing capability is currently 50000 and it is being ramped up much more. If we reach 100k in a week or two weeks into May a reasonable person would conclude that Matt Hancock has delivered on his target. He might miss it by a few days but without that target and without his drive to reach that target i doubt we would have got there as quickly as we will. Once again people like you are craving for the government to fail while the government are clearly delivering.

I see you got the Ramping up memo FFS
Tough read on 10:34 - Apr 24 with 582 viewssaint22

Tough read on 10:15 - Apr 24 by Occasional_Showers

Our testing capability is currently 50000 and it is being ramped up much more. If we reach 100k in a week or two weeks into May a reasonable person would conclude that Matt Hancock has delivered on his target. He might miss it by a few days but without that target and without his drive to reach that target i doubt we would have got there as quickly as we will. Once again people like you are craving for the government to fail while the government are clearly delivering.

what drugs do you take?
Tough read on 10:49 - Apr 24 with 565 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 10:05 - Apr 24 by Sadoldgit

You don’t seem to be able the grasp the purpose of management or a chain of command. The person at the top is ultimately responsible in ensuring that things get done and get done properly. Not only is that not happening in many cases, but Hancock is not being honest about what is happening. He has been telling us what he thinks we want to hear. For example, his testing target is something that he has made up because he thinks it sounds impressive. He is a very weak cabinet minister because he is a very poor manager. I still can’t understand why you spend so much time and effort defending him as you are not a Tory apparently 😉

You don’t seem to grasp the difference between being a manager and leader

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Tough read on 10:55 - Apr 24 with 556 viewsSadoldgit

Why would anyone want the Government to fail when failure costs lives. I want them to be competent. I want them to be honest. I want to be able to trust them. So far I can’t tick any of these boxes. There is nothing wrong with having a target if it is based on the needs of a situation and is achievable. Clearly there is a need. Given the performance so far whether it is achievable is debatable. If you reread my earlier post my problem is not the target itself, it is the fact that he has not taken professional advice and apparently plucked it out of thin air. We kept getting told that we we are fighting a war. Thank god we are not with people like Hancock in charge of key decision making. He constantly sets himself up to fail. Do you not see this OS? Over promising does nobody any favours if you constantly under deliver, more so when lives are at stake.
Tough read on 10:59 - Apr 24 with 552 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 10:55 - Apr 24 by Sadoldgit

Why would anyone want the Government to fail when failure costs lives. I want them to be competent. I want them to be honest. I want to be able to trust them. So far I can’t tick any of these boxes. There is nothing wrong with having a target if it is based on the needs of a situation and is achievable. Clearly there is a need. Given the performance so far whether it is achievable is debatable. If you reread my earlier post my problem is not the target itself, it is the fact that he has not taken professional advice and apparently plucked it out of thin air. We kept getting told that we we are fighting a war. Thank god we are not with people like Hancock in charge of key decision making. He constantly sets himself up to fail. Do you not see this OS? Over promising does nobody any favours if you constantly under deliver, more so when lives are at stake.

Which paper told you that view?

Tough read on 11:02 - Apr 24 with 548 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 10:59 - Apr 24 by this_charming_man

Which paper told you that view?

Why do you keep defending the indefensible?
Tough read on 11:13 - Apr 24 with 540 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 10:55 - Apr 24 by Sadoldgit

If we are upto 100k tests a week or two into May a reasonable person would think Matt Hancock met his target. These are unprecedented times, and this government is clearly rising to the challenge.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Login to get fewer ads

Tough read on 12:06 - Apr 24 with 529 viewshuelinsaint

Tough read on 11:13 - Apr 24 by Occasional_Showers

If we are upto 100k tests a week or two into May a reasonable person would think Matt Hancock met his target. These are unprecedented times, and this government is clearly rising to the challenge.

Where was the Labour Party found to be institutionally racist?
Tough read on 12:23 - Apr 24 with 526 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 12:06 - Apr 24 by huelinsaint

Where was the Labour Party found to be institutionally racist?

Sadly there seems now to be a correlation between pro-Palestinians and ant-Semitism. It is entirely possible to support the Palestinian position without hating Jews.

Also anti-Semitism is a complete no-no in Political parties but you barely hear a peep from those detractors about Islamophobia in politcal parties. Why is that? Not ok to hate Jews, ok to hate Muslims?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 12:28]
Tough read on 12:49 - Apr 24 with 517 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 11:02 - Apr 24 by Sadoldgit

Why do you keep defending the indefensible?

im not defending, i'm asking you which paper gave you your opinion today.

Tough read on 12:50 - Apr 24 with 515 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 12:23 - Apr 24 by Sadoldgit

Sadly there seems now to be a correlation between pro-Palestinians and ant-Semitism. It is entirely possible to support the Palestinian position without hating Jews.

Also anti-Semitism is a complete no-no in Political parties but you barely hear a peep from those detractors about Islamophobia in politcal parties. Why is that? Not ok to hate Jews, ok to hate Muslims?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 12:28]

Corbyn said Hamas and Hezbullah are his friends, would you say they hate Jews or are just pro Plestinian?

Tough read on 14:04 - Apr 24 with 475 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Tough read on 10:30 - Apr 21 by Sadoldgit

The Guardian is a liberal paper and the only title to be truly independent. It is owned by the Scott Trust. The Trust’s main aim is to choose editors that will ensure the newspaper continues in the same way and is not tied to any political party. It will lean more towards left leaning politics because it is a social rather than financial leading newspaper but it was critical of Corbyn and is not the left biased paper some would have you believe. The Mirror is the only mainstream newspaper that supports Labour. In various surveys The Guardian comes out as one of the least (politically) biased media source.

I used to like the fact that the Guardian was owned by a trust. Sadly your comment about them being owned by a trust is 12 years out of date. You need to check out the many journalists that now don't feel that they have an independent voice within the paper.

It is now a limited company, and as such has slowly but surely changed since 2008.
https://www.jonathan-cook.net/blog/2015-03-03/hsbc-and-the-sham-of-guardians-sco

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Tough read on 14:32 - Apr 24 with 462 viewsDorsetIan

Tough read on 12:50 - Apr 24 by this_charming_man

Corbyn said Hamas and Hezbullah are his friends, would you say they hate Jews or are just pro Plestinian?

Corbyn publicly regretted called them 'friends' but I take the point that he was less choosy about who he associated with than most. And most people, of course, object to the association because of the terrorist links.

The Anti-Defamation League believes that both organisations are anti-semitic. https://www.adl.org/ I am happy to listen to what they have to say - their position on the Labour Party seems pretty measured.

Their site also has stuff on how to identify anti-semitic tropes, if taking a bit of time to explore that isn't too weird for you.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Tough read on 14:42 - Apr 24 with 452 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 14:04 - Apr 24 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I used to like the fact that the Guardian was owned by a trust. Sadly your comment about them being owned by a trust is 12 years out of date. You need to check out the many journalists that now don't feel that they have an independent voice within the paper.

It is now a limited company, and as such has slowly but surely changed since 2008.
https://www.jonathan-cook.net/blog/2015-03-03/hsbc-and-the-sham-of-guardians-sco

I left The Guardian 20 years ago so wasn’t aware of the change. Apparently the constitution and aims are still the same and the profits are ploughed back into the journalism rather than paid to shareholders.
Tough read on 14:45 - Apr 24 with 443 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 12:50 - Apr 24 by this_charming_man

Many of Corbyns harshest critics say he is not anti-Semitic. Are you saying otherwise? If so, evidence please.
Tough read on 14:47 - Apr 24 with 438 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Tough read on 14:42 - Apr 24 by Sadoldgit

I left The Guardian 20 years ago so wasn’t aware of the change. Apparently the constitution and aims are still the same and the profits are ploughed back into the journalism rather than paid to shareholders.

That's what they would say though. the proof is in the reading, and to my mind the paper has lurched more to the left, and doesn't haven't as balanced view over subjects that it used to.

Tough read on 14:48 - Apr 24 with 440 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 12:49 - Apr 24 by this_charming_man

im not defending, i'm asking you which paper gave you your opinion today.

You are. You have done consistently. Regarding views. How do you form yours? Do you just decide that you don’t like someone on an Internet forum and go after them no matter what your own view is?
Tough read on 14:50 - Apr 24 with 435 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 14:45 - Apr 24 by Sadoldgit

Many of Corbyns harshest critics say he is not anti-Semitic. Are you saying otherwise? If so, evidence please.

I didnt ask you that i ask you what you think of Hamas and Hezbullah

Tough read on 14:51 - Apr 24 with 434 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 14:47 - Apr 24 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

That's what they would say though. the proof is in the reading, and to my mind the paper has lurched more to the left, and doesn't haven't as balanced view over subjects that it used to.

Yet I have a friend with very leftish views and he says it is too right for his liking. There are some left wing columnists but there are also still many liberal writers who have been there for years. The Guardian gave Corbyn a hard time too.
Tough read on 14:53 - Apr 24 with 429 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 14:50 - Apr 24 by this_charming_man

I didnt ask you that i ask you what you think of Hamas and Hezbullah

What does it matter what I think about them? We are not talking about me. If you want me to believe that Jeremy Corbyn is an anti- Semite you will need to provide some evidence.
Tough read on 14:56 - Apr 24 with 423 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Tough read on 14:51 - Apr 24 by Sadoldgit

Yet I have a friend with very leftish views and he says it is too right for his liking. There are some left wing columnists but there are also still many liberal writers who have been there for years. The Guardian gave Corbyn a hard time too.

Yes, but reading the article attached above, you only need to see the external input to realise that anti Semitism was an easy stick to beat Corbyn and discredit him. Bear in mind that only a week before the last election the chief Rabbi stated that Corbyn was amti-semitic despite much evidence against it.

Corbyn was never going to fall in line with the establishment, and thus was attacked with whatever sticks would cause the most damage, Anti-Semitism was the stick.

Tough read on 15:00 - Apr 24 with 417 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 14:53 - Apr 24 by Sadoldgit

What does it matter what I think about them? We are not talking about me. If you want me to believe that Jeremy Corbyn is an anti- Semite you will need to provide some evidence.

because you said you can be pro palistine but not anti jew. I asked you what your view of Corbyns friends, Hamas and HEzbullah are, it's okay if you dont want to admit they are anti jew, but just say that.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 15:01]

Tough read on 15:13 - Apr 24 with 402 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Tough read on 15:00 - Apr 24 by this_charming_man

because you said you can be pro palistine but not anti jew. I asked you what your view of Corbyns friends, Hamas and HEzbullah are, it's okay if you dont want to admit they are anti jew, but just say that.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 15:01]

Palestine has lost 85% of its territory since 1948 and hundreds of thousands of its people have been killed at an minimum 8:1 ratio versus Israel. Why wouldn't most Palestinians be anti Israel?

Tough read on 15:36 - Apr 24 with 390 viewssaint22

Tough read on 11:13 - Apr 24 by Occasional_Showers

we should be at this now though shouldn't we?
fail to prepare
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024