Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tough read 12:04 - Apr 19 with 14117 viewssaint22

This tells you how mistakes have cost lives and futures

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/18/how-did-britain-get-its-response-t
Tough read on 18:01 - Apr 25 with 866 viewsOccasional_Showers

“The domination of the world by hooknosed men wielding power and money? There is more than a visual connection in this mural to antisemitism — the messaging is full-blown Nazi”

And Corbyn defended it...

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Tough read on 18:41 - Apr 25 with 830 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 18:01 - Apr 25 by Occasional_Showers

“The domination of the world by hooknosed men wielding power and money? There is more than a visual connection in this mural to antisemitism — the messaging is full-blown Nazi”

And Corbyn defended it...

Context?
Tough read on 19:23 - Apr 25 with 812 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 18:41 - Apr 25 by Sadoldgit

Context?

You obviously have something to say, go ahead and give your defence of the old commie.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 19:24]

Tough read on 19:32 - Apr 25 with 801 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 19:23 - Apr 25 by Occasional_Showers

You obviously have something to say, go ahead and give your defence of the old commie.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 19:24]

No, I vaguely remember the accusation but I can’t remember the context. He obviously didn’t say it himself. Did hit the like button or something?
Tough read on 19:55 - Apr 25 with 772 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 17:47 - Apr 25 by Sadoldgit

Exactly, so for the umpteenth time, where is the evidence that Corbyn is an anti-Semite?

Fook me, you’ve got some neck asking for me to answer you when you avoided answering my question as least 6 times. I didn’t think it’d be possible for you to show yourself up more than you did on mongweb, I was mistaken, it really is some achievement.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Tough read on 20:00 - Apr 25 with 760 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 19:32 - Apr 25 by Sadoldgit

No, I vaguely remember the accusation but I can’t remember the context. He obviously didn’t say it himself. Did hit the like button or something?

In a Facebook post in 2012, Corbyn offered his backing to Los Angeles-based street artist Mear One, whose mural, featuring several known antisemitic tropes, was due to be removed after complaints.

Mear One said on his Facebook page: “Tomorrow they want to buff my mural Freedom of Expression. London Calling, Public art.”

Corbyn replied: “Why? You are in good company. Rockerfeller [sic] destroyed Diego Viera’s [sic] mural because it includes a picture of Lenin.”

Tough read on 20:15 - Apr 25 with 751 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 19:55 - Apr 25 by this_charming_man

Fook me, you’ve got some neck asking for me to answer you when you avoided answering my question as least 6 times. I didn’t think it’d be possible for you to show yourself up more than you did on mongweb, I was mistaken, it really is some achievement.

So no evidence then ok.
Tough read on 20:18 - Apr 25 with 744 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 20:00 - Apr 25 by Occasional_Showers

In a Facebook post in 2012, Corbyn offered his backing to Los Angeles-based street artist Mear One, whose mural, featuring several known antisemitic tropes, was due to be removed after complaints.

Mear One said on his Facebook page: “Tomorrow they want to buff my mural Freedom of Expression. London Calling, Public art.”

Corbyn replied: “Why? You are in good company. Rockerfeller [sic] destroyed Diego Viera’s [sic] mural because it includes a picture of Lenin.”

So that makes him an anti- Semite?

Tell me, why do people get their knickers in a twist over Corbyn and Jews but few people bat an eyelid at Johnson’s Islamophic and racist comments?
Login to get fewer ads

Tough read on 20:23 - Apr 25 with 737 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 20:18 - Apr 25 by Sadoldgit

So that makes him an anti- Semite?

Tell me, why do people get their knickers in a twist over Corbyn and Jews but few people bat an eyelid at Johnson’s Islamophic and racist comments?

Do you, like the Guardian columnist, believe the image Corbyn defended was anti Semitic?

[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 20:25]

Tough read on 20:57 - Apr 25 with 709 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 19:55 - Apr 25 by this_charming_man

For clarity, are you also a poster on Saints Web and have you read every thread where you suggest that I embarrassed myself?

I don’t believe that I did. I gave some opinions and reasons for those opinions and some of the resident trolls and WUMs decided to misrepresent my points to score cheap points, a tactic that you often use here by the way.

I didn’t get any grief from those whom I consider “normal” posters. People who may not agree with me but don’t have a problem with someone arguing their own position.

If you want to convince that Corbyn is an anti-Semite, provide actual proof rather than using that to get personal digs in. In know it is the way of these places, but surely we should aspire for something better?
Tough read on 21:19 - Apr 25 with 686 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 20:23 - Apr 25 by Occasional_Showers

Do you, like the Guardian columnist, believe the image Corbyn defended was anti Semitic?

[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 20:25]

Who was the columnist? A number of them were anti Corbyn. From what I read I wouldn’t say that the comment proves that he is anti-Semitic. I haven’t seen the mural.

I am not a member of the Labour Party. I voted Tory in the 70’s, probably because my parents did and I was too lazy to take any interest. When I realised what a terrible person Thatcher was I needed to find another party. The LibDems seemed to be a good fit so they had my vote up to the point that Clegg allowed Cameron into Downing Street. They lost my vote then and I haven’t seen anything since to win it back. For the last 2 elections I have voted Labour, mainly tactically. My kids are all big Corbyn fans (students) and through them I have taken more of an interest in Corbyn. I never thought he was a good choice as leader but I do think he is a decent person and one of the few politicians with principles. The right wing media have made it their business to vilify him from day 1. They succeeded. He is not perfect, none of us are, but it could be many years after his passing before he is finally given a fair hearing. Sorry, it’s a bit boring, but I just wanted you to know that I am not a dyed in the wool lifelong Leftie.
Tough read on 21:23 - Apr 25 with 683 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 20:57 - Apr 25 by Sadoldgit

For clarity, are you also a poster on Saints Web and have you read every thread where you suggest that I embarrassed myself?

I don’t believe that I did. I gave some opinions and reasons for those opinions and some of the resident trolls and WUMs decided to misrepresent my points to score cheap points, a tactic that you often use here by the way.

I didn’t get any grief from those whom I consider “normal” posters. People who may not agree with me but don’t have a problem with someone arguing their own position.

If you want to convince that Corbyn is an anti-Semite, provide actual proof rather than using that to get personal digs in. In know it is the way of these places, but surely we should aspire for something better?

What “tactic” to score “cheap points” have I used? I don’t see anyone handing out points on this forum

I asked you a question a number of times, you swerved it then demand I answer you. That isn’t giving opinions, reasons for opinions or misrepresented any views. You didn’t give any. Then started bleating because I didn’t answer you. Do actually you understand how debate works? You answer questions not swerve them then demand others answer yours. I haven’t misrepresented your opinions because you haven’t given any, just a few cut and pastes from newspapers.

Tough read on 21:49 - Apr 25 with 667 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 21:19 - Apr 25 by Sadoldgit

Who was the columnist? A number of them were anti Corbyn. From what I read I wouldn’t say that the comment proves that he is anti-Semitic. I haven’t seen the mural.

I am not a member of the Labour Party. I voted Tory in the 70’s, probably because my parents did and I was too lazy to take any interest. When I realised what a terrible person Thatcher was I needed to find another party. The LibDems seemed to be a good fit so they had my vote up to the point that Clegg allowed Cameron into Downing Street. They lost my vote then and I haven’t seen anything since to win it back. For the last 2 elections I have voted Labour, mainly tactically. My kids are all big Corbyn fans (students) and through them I have taken more of an interest in Corbyn. I never thought he was a good choice as leader but I do think he is a decent person and one of the few politicians with principles. The right wing media have made it their business to vilify him from day 1. They succeeded. He is not perfect, none of us are, but it could be many years after his passing before he is finally given a fair hearing. Sorry, it’s a bit boring, but I just wanted you to know that I am not a dyed in the wool lifelong Leftie.

It’s this image which is clearly anti Semitic.

Even to a casual observer it’s clearly anti Jewish propaganda, but Corbyn wasn’t a casual observer, he is a man who has devoted his life to Palestinian causes etc so he knew exactly what this mural was. It’s Nazi propaganda and he liked what he saw.

The question is does defending an anti Semitic Nazi image make Corbyn an anti semite/Nazi?

That’s up for debate but I don’t think any mp that defends such imaginary is fit to be a member of Parliament.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 21:56]

Tough read on 22:08 - Apr 25 with 640 viewsOccasional_Showers

Id also challenge you on the point of him being a decent person.

Would a decent man do this to his girlfriend?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6686639/Jeremy-Corbyn-drove-friends-fla

I’m sorry but you’re wrong about Corbyn, he is an obnoxious little weasel. I’m no fan of Diane Abbott but to do that to any woman is despicable.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 22:10]

Tough read on 22:08 - Apr 25 with 638 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 21:49 - Apr 25 by Occasional_Showers

Even to a casual observer it’s clearly anti Jewish propaganda, but Corbyn wasn’t a casual observer, he is a man who has devoted his life to Palestinian causes etc so he knew exactly what this mural was. It’s Nazi propaganda and he liked what he saw.

The question is does defending an anti Semitic Nazi image make Corbyn an anti semite/Nazi?

That’s up for debate but I don’t think any mp that defends such imaginary is fit to be a member of Parliament.

What about someone who says that Muslim women look like letter boxes?
Tough read on 22:12 - Apr 25 with 630 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 22:08 - Apr 25 by Sadoldgit

What about someone who says that Muslim women look like letter boxes?

Let’s not move on to that yet. Do you think that image is anti Semitic?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 22:12]

Tough read on 22:13 - Apr 25 with 626 views1885_SFC

I remember a couple of years ago when Benjamin Netanyahu released a statement via his official Twitter account criticising the Labour leader. “The laying of a wreath by Jeremy Corbyn on the graves of the terrorist who perpetrated the Munich massacre and his comparison of Israel to the Nazis deserves unequivocal condemnation from everyone — left, right and everything in between,” the Israeli prime minister wrote.

How much more proof do you need that the tramp is an anti-semetic?

Old School is Cool

Tough read on 22:15 - Apr 25 with 620 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 22:08 - Apr 25 by Occasional_Showers

Id also challenge you on the point of him being a decent person.

Would a decent man do this to his girlfriend?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6686639/Jeremy-Corbyn-drove-friends-fla

I’m sorry but you’re wrong about Corbyn, he is an obnoxious little weasel. I’m no fan of Diane Abbott but to do that to any woman is despicable.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 22:10]

Johnson’s record with women isn’t great is it. How do you feel about that.?JFK was a great president but not good in the way he used women. I didn’t say he was perfect but he wanted peace and he wanted people to be treated equally. As politicians go I wish there more like him.
Tough read on 22:24 - Apr 25 with 608 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 22:15 - Apr 25 by Sadoldgit

Johnson’s record with women isn’t great is it. How do you feel about that.?JFK was a great president but not good in the way he used women. I didn’t say he was perfect but he wanted peace and he wanted people to be treated equally. As politicians go I wish there more like him.

Should a member of Parliament defend anti Semitic imagery?

Tough read on 00:26 - Apr 26 with 561 viewsDorsetIan

I appreciate that subtlety and nuance are not your strong point, but, while the mural contained anti-semitic imagery, it was nothing like ‚Nazi Propaganda‘.

For a start, not all the individuals pictured are Jewish. Secondly, Nazi propaganda was for more violent - the sort of ‚vermin‘ type stuff that you favour - thirdly, Nazi propaganda targeted the extreme left, which again your stuff (but not this mural) copies.

Corbyn‘s ‚crime‘ in relation to this mural was to instinctively support a left wing artist, without taking enough attention in relation to the detail. He himself acknowledged that he had been wrong to oppose its removal, and agreed that the imagery was anti-Semitic.

Anyone interested can read about it here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_for_Humanity

One irony for me is that Corbyn said his error was because he was supporting free speech, which is exactly the excuse given by TCM for not calling out your Nazi style propaganda on here.

Your banging on and on and on and on about Corbyn and anti-semitism is pure deflection. If you were genuinely offended and appalled by anti-semitism, you would want to stay a million miles from anything even remotely resembling Nazi style tropes, rather than embracing them quite so lasciviously, as you do.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Tough read on 09:23 - Apr 26 with 505 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 22:13 - Apr 25 by 1885_SFC

I remember a couple of years ago when Benjamin Netanyahu released a statement via his official Twitter account criticising the Labour leader. “The laying of a wreath by Jeremy Corbyn on the graves of the terrorist who perpetrated the Munich massacre and his comparison of Israel to the Nazis deserves unequivocal condemnation from everyone — left, right and everything in between,” the Israeli prime minister wrote.

How much more proof do you need that the tramp is an anti-semetic?

If you were trying to prove that Corbyn was anti-Semitic in court you wouldn’t even get into the court room with this. So far all we have had is stuff based on the front pages of the Mail, Express and Sun. TCM is trying to show that Corbyn’s “friends” comment makes him an anti-Semite. He has since said that he regrets making that comment and has clarified his use of it. It is no secret that he is pro-Palestinian but that doesn’t make him an anti-Semite. If it did, many of us on here would be too. Thing is, as Ian says, this is all deflection. This thread started off life being about Covid-19 and the way the government have been dealing with it. With the death toll over 20,000 and still many issues to sort out, all we are talking about is if the ex leader of the Labour Party is anti-Semitic. Corbyn is guilty of political naivety but they have a new leader now so let’s get back to this government and the pandemic.
Tough read on 09:41 - Apr 26 with 492 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 09:23 - Apr 26 by Sadoldgit

If you were trying to prove that Corbyn was anti-Semitic in court you wouldn’t even get into the court room with this. So far all we have had is stuff based on the front pages of the Mail, Express and Sun. TCM is trying to show that Corbyn’s “friends” comment makes him an anti-Semite. He has since said that he regrets making that comment and has clarified his use of it. It is no secret that he is pro-Palestinian but that doesn’t make him an anti-Semite. If it did, many of us on here would be too. Thing is, as Ian says, this is all deflection. This thread started off life being about Covid-19 and the way the government have been dealing with it. With the death toll over 20,000 and still many issues to sort out, all we are talking about is if the ex leader of the Labour Party is anti-Semitic. Corbyn is guilty of political naivety but they have a new leader now so let’s get back to this government and the pandemic.

Given your track record on Ched Evans and Geoffrey Boycott I don’t think you’re in any position to preach to anyone.

Tough read on 09:54 - Apr 26 with 479 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 00:26 - Apr 26 by DorsetIan

I appreciate that subtlety and nuance are not your strong point, but, while the mural contained anti-semitic imagery, it was nothing like ‚Nazi Propaganda‘.

For a start, not all the individuals pictured are Jewish. Secondly, Nazi propaganda was for more violent - the sort of ‚vermin‘ type stuff that you favour - thirdly, Nazi propaganda targeted the extreme left, which again your stuff (but not this mural) copies.

Corbyn‘s ‚crime‘ in relation to this mural was to instinctively support a left wing artist, without taking enough attention in relation to the detail. He himself acknowledged that he had been wrong to oppose its removal, and agreed that the imagery was anti-Semitic.

Anyone interested can read about it here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_for_Humanity

One irony for me is that Corbyn said his error was because he was supporting free speech, which is exactly the excuse given by TCM for not calling out your Nazi style propaganda on here.

Your banging on and on and on and on about Corbyn and anti-semitism is pure deflection. If you were genuinely offended and appalled by anti-semitism, you would want to stay a million miles from anything even remotely resembling Nazi style tropes, rather than embracing them quite so lasciviously, as you do.

So he didn’t get the mural and admitted he was wrong to oppose its removal, he admitted he regretted calling anti semantic terror groups his friends. He couldn’t remember if he laid a wreath on a terrorists grave. He doesn’t get much right when it comes to the subject does he? Funny that.

Tough read on 10:13 - Apr 26 with 465 views1885_SFC

Tough read on 09:23 - Apr 26 by Sadoldgit

Not the Mail, Express or Sun - but Corbyn's personal favourite rag and in his own words:

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/a-98de-palestine-united-1
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 10:13]

Old School is Cool

Tough read on 10:48 - Apr 26 with 449 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 09:54 - Apr 26 by this_charming_man

So he didn’t get the mural and admitted he was wrong to oppose its removal, he admitted he regretted calling anti semantic terror groups his friends. He couldn’t remember if he laid a wreath on a terrorists grave. He doesn’t get much right when it comes to the subject does he? Funny that.

Hardly proof that he is an anti-Semite is it? You are going to have to do better. I am also interested to know what Corbyn’s feelings about Jewish people have to do with the government’s handling of the pandemic?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024