Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tough read 12:04 - Apr 19 with 14080 viewssaint22

This tells you how mistakes have cost lives and futures

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/18/how-did-britain-get-its-response-t
Tough read on 09:16 - Apr 21 with 544 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 09:04 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

reported where?

Don’t worry, it wasn’t in The Guardian. It was in the Tory supporting Daily Mail.
Tough read on 09:33 - Apr 21 with 531 viewsJaySaint

Tough read on 16:15 - Apr 20 by DorsetIan

The Guardian too biased for you?

How about The Daily Mail? Their front page today was 'Betrayal of Our Bravest'. Bloody lefties.

Yes, the Guardian is heavily biased.

amazing if anyone thinks otherwise

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Tough read on 09:34 - Apr 21 with 526 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 09:16 - Apr 21 by Sadoldgit

Don’t worry, it wasn’t in The Guardian. It was in the Tory supporting Daily Mail.

Dont you know we should not believe a word the "Daily Fail" says as it is a lying scumbag of a newspaper. Or does that only apply when it's something you dont want to believe?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Tough read on 09:37 - Apr 21 with 514 viewsDorsetIan

Tough read on 09:33 - Apr 21 by JaySaint

Apart from the Morning Star, it is the only even vaguely left leaning paper in the country but its journalists are excellent, so dismissing what they write without even reading it is silly.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Tough read on 09:37 - Apr 21 with 511 viewsJaySaint

Tough read on 09:34 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

Dont you know we should not believe a word the "Daily Fail" says as it is a lying scumbag of a newspaper. Or does that only apply when it's something you dont want to believe?

The 'fail' et al were lying dirt-rags in te Brexit campaign...who championed the little englander..

now, these papers are to be believed and we should have being buying British all along.

amazing what a few months can do.

Tough read on 09:43 - Apr 21 with 499 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 09:37 - Apr 21 by JaySaint

The 'fail' et al were lying dirt-rags in te Brexit campaign...who championed the little englander..

now, these papers are to be believed and we should have being buying British all along.

amazing what a few months can do.

Makes you laugh doesn't it, the DAILY FAIL IS A RACIST LYING SCUM PAPER. Yet now it's something they want to believe, LOOK! LOOK! LOOK AT WHAT THE DAILY MAIL IS SAYING, ITS ALL TRUE.

He's as blind as he can be, just sees what he wants to see......

Tough read on 09:46 - Apr 21 with 491 viewsJaySaint

Tough read on 09:43 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

Makes you laugh doesn't it, the DAILY FAIL IS A RACIST LYING SCUM PAPER. Yet now it's something they want to believe, LOOK! LOOK! LOOK AT WHAT THE DAILY MAIL IS SAYING, ITS ALL TRUE.

the current howls of "WHY WERE WE NOT MAKING OUR OWN......." from the FBPE types is hilariously tragic.

it was they who branded ANYONE with that train of thought as a "racist little Englander" only a few months ago.....

very strange world in the minds of the deluded left wing elite.

Tough read on 09:59 - Apr 21 with 480 viewshuelinsaint

I think his point is that if the usually fawning cap doffing Mail are questioning the government's dreadful handling of this crisis,there must be something afoot.
It doesn't mean the Daily Mail is suddenly his favourite paper,It's still shite
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 10:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Tough read on 10:15 - Apr 21 with 469 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 09:59 - Apr 21 by huelinsaint

I think his point is that if the usually fawning cap doffing Mail are questioning the government's dreadful handling of this crisis,there must be something afoot.

Spot on.
Tough read on 10:22 - Apr 21 with 464 viewsVagina_Dentata

I know you’ve repeatedly proven this to be impossible, but please do try and engage your brain before adding to the discussion. We’re in a global crisis. Mindlessly typing in capital letters your imagined thoughts of “lefties” adds nothing and only serves to continue to politicise a time when we all need to come together.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Tough read on 10:30 - Apr 21 with 454 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 09:33 - Apr 21 by JaySaint

The Guardian is a liberal paper and the only title to be truly independent. It is owned by the Scott Trust. The Trust’s main aim is to choose editors that will ensure the newspaper continues in the same way and is not tied to any political party. It will lean more towards left leaning politics because it is a social rather than financial leading newspaper but it was critical of Corbyn and is not the left biased paper some would have you believe. The Mirror is the only mainstream newspaper that supports Labour. In various surveys The Guardian comes out as one of the least (politically) biased media source.
Tough read on 10:41 - Apr 21 with 444 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 10:22 - Apr 21 by Vagina_Dentata

I know you’ve repeatedly proven this to be impossible, but please do try and engage your brain before adding to the discussion. We’re in a global crisis. Mindlessly typing in capital letters your imagined thoughts of “lefties” adds nothing and only serves to continue to politicise a time when we all need to come together.

If you read my other posts on this topic on other threads you'll find i completely agree with you. What is amusing is the self righteous indignation of some and the way they'll pick and chose what they want to believe across a whole range of sources, some of which they've actively criticised for years but now quoting them due to a couple of articles that fit their own agenda.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 10:44]

Tough read on 10:42 - Apr 21 with 443 viewsSadoldgit

Boris will be getting worried. Many of the media outlets usually blindly following Tory doctrine are beginning to turn on his government. It comes to something when the Daily Mail curries their party. Apparently Murdoch is looking to ditch Johnson in favour of Gove (Jesus, what a choice) although the Barclay brothers are in favour of sticking with Johnson for now. The Sunday Times have already fired a broadside but if The Sun starts to fun anti Johnson stories he is in the sh*t. Murdoch sees himself as a kingmaker/breaker and God knows there is enough material to bury Johnson. If Johnson has any sense he will get rid of Hancock and replace him with an old established big hitter and safe pair of hands - a Ken Clarke perhaps. Trouble is he got rid of any half decent colleagues in his Brexit coup. Even his ever faithful adviser Cummings seems to be floundering. I don’t know if karma is a thing or not, but it does seem odd that the USA and UK vote in leaders based on strong nationalistic jingoism and the world turns to sh*t soon after.
Tough read on 10:43 - Apr 21 with 443 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 09:59 - Apr 21 by huelinsaint

And my point is for years anyone who read the "Daily Fail" is thick racist scum reading a lying paper, surely if it was that reprehensible then they wouldn't be paying any attention to it?

Tough read on 11:24 - Apr 21 with 422 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 10:43 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

And my point is for years anyone who read the "Daily Fail" is thick racist scum reading a lying paper, surely if it was that reprehensible then they wouldn't be paying any attention to it?

But people do pay attention to it. And to The Sun. And to The Express. But you are (deliberately it would appear) deflecting from the point. A staunchly right leaning newspaper is attacking the very party it campaigned so hard for to be elected. That is the point. For those blinkered individuals on here who swallow the daily party political broadcasts that we should have faith in this government and they are doing the best job possible, their own mouthpieces are questioning them. I don’t expect our own resident Alf Garnett to get the point, but I thought you had a bit more savvy about you.
Tough read on 11:26 - Apr 21 with 419 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 11:24 - Apr 21 by Sadoldgit

But people do pay attention to it. And to The Sun. And to The Express. But you are (deliberately it would appear) deflecting from the point. A staunchly right leaning newspaper is attacking the very party it campaigned so hard for to be elected. That is the point. For those blinkered individuals on here who swallow the daily party political broadcasts that we should have faith in this government and they are doing the best job possible, their own mouthpieces are questioning them. I don’t expect our own resident Alf Garnett to get the point, but I thought you had a bit more savvy about you.

The same paper that evey one on here has told us for years is full of lies and we should completely disregard? Why isn't this article a lie too?

Tough read on 11:28 - Apr 21 with 418 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 11:26 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

The same paper that evey one on here has told us for years is full of lies and we should completely disregard? Why isn't this article a lie too?

It really doesn’t matter. It’s the fact that the Mail is attacking its own party. Dear God.
Tough read on 11:32 - Apr 21 with 417 viewsSadoldgit

So, now from Murdoch’s very own SKY news. The story we were fed about PPE on its way from Turkey last week was apparently bullocks. The Turks weren’t even asked about until Sunday, the day it was supposed to arrive. Now before TCM goes on one of his deflection exercises, this may or may not be true. What is interesting is that Murdoch is attacking the very party his business empire has spent years getting elected.
Tough read on 12:32 - Apr 21 with 396 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 11:28 - Apr 21 by Sadoldgit

It really doesn’t matter. It’s the fact that the Mail is attacking its own party. Dear God.

Why should we now take that story as the truth when we've been told that it does nothing but lie, lie again?

Tough read on 12:35 - Apr 21 with 392 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 11:32 - Apr 21 by Sadoldgit

So, now from Murdoch’s very own SKY news. The story we were fed about PPE on its way from Turkey last week was apparently bullocks. The Turks weren’t even asked about until Sunday, the day it was supposed to arrive. Now before TCM goes on one of his deflection exercises, this may or may not be true. What is interesting is that Murdoch is attacking the very party his business empire has spent years getting elected.

Believing the words of a company run by a phone tapping Trump support now. WOW just WOW
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 12:38]

Tough read on 12:41 - Apr 21 with 379 viewsDorsetIan

Tough read on 11:26 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

As others on here have ably explained that my point was to highlight the fact that EVEN the Daily Mail is criticising the government. I wasn't posting an article from The Daily Mail saying look everyone isn't this great. I was responding to a poster who was dismissing what The Guardian had written out of hand and offering him something less biased (from his perspective) to read.

I wouldn't wipe my @rse with the Daily Mail, even in these times of shortage.

I still don't believe that anyone should be piling in in relation to decisions made earlier but with Sky, Piers Morgan, The Times, The Daily Telegraph, and The Mail all joining the ruck, the idea that all the criticism is down to 'vile extremist lefties' is looking pretty flimsy.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Tough read on 12:42 - Apr 21 with 375 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 12:35 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

Believing the words of a company run by a phone tapping Trump support now. WOW just WOW
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 12:38]

Tell me, why do you deliberately keep missing the point?
Tough read on 12:49 - Apr 21 with 367 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 10:41 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

If you read my other posts on this topic on other threads you'll find i completely agree with you. What is amusing is the self righteous indignation of some and the way they'll pick and chose what they want to believe across a whole range of sources, some of which they've actively criticised for years but now quoting them due to a couple of articles that fit their own agenda.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 10:44]

You really can’t be that thick, can you?

I will say it one more time (apart from the fact that these stories are also being carried by other news outlets too). The whole point is that previous staunch supporters of this party who have spent acres of newsprint and airtime working to get this party elected, are now strongly criticising them on a daily basis. Previously they have gone out of their way to cover up or misrepresent the cabinet’s actions, but not now.

It really isn’t a difficult thing to grasp.
Tough read on 13:02 - Apr 21 with 359 viewsJaySaint

Tough read on 12:49 - Apr 21 by Sadoldgit

You really can’t be that thick, can you?

I will say it one more time (apart from the fact that these stories are also being carried by other news outlets too). The whole point is that previous staunch supporters of this party who have spent acres of newsprint and airtime working to get this party elected, are now strongly criticising them on a daily basis. Previously they have gone out of their way to cover up or misrepresent the cabinet’s actions, but not now.

It really isn’t a difficult thing to grasp.

any chance you can bore-off back to saintsweb so we can discuss biscuits and fit birds.

thanks

Tough read on 13:12 - Apr 21 with 352 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 13:02 - Apr 21 by JaySaint

any chance you can bore-off back to saintsweb so we can discuss biscuits and fit birds.

thanks

I’m not stopping you discussing anything you want. Perhaps avoid threads that don’t involve biscuits or birds?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024