Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tough read 12:04 - Apr 19 with 14112 viewssaint22

This tells you how mistakes have cost lives and futures

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/18/how-did-britain-get-its-response-t
Tough read on 13:20 - Apr 21 with 742 viewsBazza

Tough read on 07:23 - Apr 21 by saint22

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/20/boris-johnson-sunday-times

This is the guardian reporting on the Times article that had the tories in a panic

Face it Boris is literally not fit for purpose

Polly Toynbee has always been full of left wing, remain, anti Johnson bias and in numerous TV appearances has been unable to analyse current events. Hard to image this is an unbiased report
Tough read on 13:26 - Apr 21 with 739 views1885_SFC

Tough read on 13:20 - Apr 21 by Bazza

Polly Toynbee has always been full of left wing, remain, anti Johnson bias and in numerous TV appearances has been unable to analyse current events. Hard to image this is an unbiased report

Quite:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/21/labour-manifesto-election-

Old School is Cool

Tough read on 13:31 - Apr 21 with 732 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 12:49 - Apr 21 by Sadoldgit

You really can’t be that thick, can you?

I will say it one more time (apart from the fact that these stories are also being carried by other news outlets too). The whole point is that previous staunch supporters of this party who have spent acres of newsprint and airtime working to get this party elected, are now strongly criticising them on a daily basis. Previously they have gone out of their way to cover up or misrepresent the cabinet’s actions, but not now.

It really isn’t a difficult thing to grasp.

Oh i get it, Newspapers that have built a reputation on lies, deceit and racism are now to be believed because they've printed something you agree with.

This was a great article dont you think and 100% fact

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1043717/One-whites-claim-victims-racism

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Tough read on 13:48 - Apr 21 with 717 viewsDorsetIan

Tough read on 12:49 - Apr 21 by Sadoldgit

You really can’t be that thick, can you?

I will say it one more time (apart from the fact that these stories are also being carried by other news outlets too). The whole point is that previous staunch supporters of this party who have spent acres of newsprint and airtime working to get this party elected, are now strongly criticising them on a daily basis. Previously they have gone out of their way to cover up or misrepresent the cabinet’s actions, but not now.

It really isn’t a difficult thing to grasp.

You can overestimate some people. It seems it's harder to grasp than might be imagined.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 13:48]

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Tough read on 13:53 - Apr 21 with 694 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 13:02 - Apr 21 by JaySaint

any chance you can bore-off back to saintsweb so we can discuss biscuits and fit birds.

thanks

Does Franks Cousin still post on there? It must a barrel of laughs with they both get into their stride.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Tough read on 14:00 - Apr 21 with 708 viewsMr_Happy

Tough read on 13:31 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

Oh i get it, Newspapers that have built a reputation on lies, deceit and racism are now to be believed because they've printed something you agree with.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1043717/One-whites-claim-victims-racism

'Oh i get it, Newspapers that have built a reputation on lies, deceit and racism are now to be believed because they've printed something you agree with.'

It's not what he was saying, if you'd stopped for a minute and analysed what he was saying you would have realised he was trying to tell you that Jonathon Harmsworth has turned on the Tory government an hitherto unheard of scenario, unprecedented in fact.

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

Tough read on 14:33 - Apr 21 with 695 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 13:53 - Apr 21 by Occasional_Showers

Does Franks Cousin still post on there? It must a barrel of laughs with they both get into their stride.

Not sure what happened to him, he disapeared shortly after his drink problems were exposed.

Tough read on 14:45 - Apr 21 with 686 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 14:00 - Apr 21 by Mr_Happy

'Oh i get it, Newspapers that have built a reputation on lies, deceit and racism are now to be believed because they've printed something you agree with.'

It's not what he was saying, if you'd stopped for a minute and analysed what he was saying you would have realised he was trying to tell you that Jonathon Harmsworth has turned on the Tory government an hitherto unheard of scenario, unprecedented in fact.

I know what he's saying, i'm just not sure why anyone would even look at the Daily Mail or treat anything they say with any credence given we've been repeatedly told they are liars and racists. I wouldn't go to a EDL rally to check if Tommy Robinson still hated muslims.

Login to get fewer ads

Tough read on 14:48 - Apr 21 with 684 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 13:31 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

Ok. You win. I give up. Others can see it but it is either too difficult a concept for you to grasp or you are deliberately being obtuse. Either way it isn’t worth the effort.
Tough read on 14:53 - Apr 21 with 680 viewsDorsetIan

If I say 'bloody hell, even Guido Carrillo would have scored that' I am not in any way endorsing him as a striker.

Tough read on 15:14 - Apr 21 with 664 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 14:45 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

I know what he's saying, i'm just not sure why anyone would even look at the Daily Mail or treat anything they say with any credence given we've been repeatedly told they are liars and racists. I wouldn't go to a EDL rally to check if Tommy Robinson still hated muslims.

But if someone told you that Tommy no longer hated Muslims, that would come as a shock? Yes?
Tough read on 15:30 - Apr 21 with 642 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 14:33 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

Not sure what happened to him, he disapeared shortly after his drink problems were exposed.

Was he the club historian or am I mixing him up with another member of the groovy gang?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Tough read on 15:41 - Apr 21 with 650 viewsMr_Happy

Tough read on 14:45 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

You don't even need to look at the Mail or any other paper to see what's going on, the BBC link all of it using twitter in various articles.
It seems the media are trying to drive the narrative and the government are not liking it.

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

Tough read on 16:15 - Apr 21 with 629 viewshuelinsaint

Tough read on 11:26 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

The same paper that evey one on here has told us for years is full of lies and we should completely disregard? Why isn't this article a lie too?

Because the Daily Mail wouldn't lie to mess things up for a tory government,why would they?
Tough read on 16:19 - Apr 21 with 628 viewshuelinsaint

Tough read on 12:32 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

Why should we now take that story as the truth when we've been told that it does nothing but lie, lie again?

Let it go mush
Tough read on 21:39 - Apr 21 with 572 viewsinthebox

Tough read on 08:28 - Apr 22 with 527 viewsJaySaint

The media continue to have a mare

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/phe-response-to-a-sun-newspaper-column?fbclid

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Tough read on 08:39 - Apr 22 with 522 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 08:28 - Apr 22 by JaySaint

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/phe-response-to-a-sun-newspaper-column?fbclid

more fake news.

Tough read on 09:02 - Apr 22 with 511 viewshuelinsaint

I saw this bit from the government's rebuttal page( quite unprececdented I will say ) that says as below

“PHE failed to build stocks of personal protective equipment – including masks, gowns and gloves – despite a 2016 test run showing these were a priority”

GOVERNMENT RESPONSE

PHE is not responsible for determining what stock is held in the pandemic stockpile. We are responsible for developing the UK guidance on PPE and advising how to keep clinicians safe. The DHSC is responsible for the procurement of PPE on behalf of the NHS, not PHE.

So the department for Heath and Social Care were responsible then? That's the government at fault then? Why put out a rebuttal that just puts the blame from one government department to another. They'll be like rats in a sack in the next couple of weeks trying to shift the blame.
Tough read on 09:07 - Apr 22 with 510 viewshuelinsaint

Tough read on 09:02 - Apr 22 by huelinsaint

I saw this bit from the government's rebuttal page( quite unprececdented I will say ) that says as below

“PHE failed to build stocks of personal protective equipment – including masks, gowns and gloves – despite a 2016 test run showing these were a priority”

GOVERNMENT RESPONSE

PHE is not responsible for determining what stock is held in the pandemic stockpile. We are responsible for developing the UK guidance on PPE and advising how to keep clinicians safe. The DHSC is responsible for the procurement of PPE on behalf of the NHS, not PHE.

So the department for Heath and Social Care were responsible then? That's the government at fault then? Why put out a rebuttal that just puts the blame from one government department to another. They'll be like rats in a sack in the next couple of weeks trying to shift the blame.

To be honest I think they messed up more by blaming the DHSC because that's closer to the actual government than Public Health England which is a quango
Tough read on 09:31 - Apr 22 with 502 viewsSadoldgit

I thought that you were only interested in biscuits and fit birds? Seems odd they you are allowed to bore on this subject but you don’t want me to.

Anyway.

It’s good to see most of the media being responsible and asking the questions that need to be asked. Thousands of lives are at stake and it serves no purpose just to swallow Government spin. What is clear is that we did not learn lesson of the other countries soon enough and the slowness to react cost is in terms of higher mortality rates. There is still an issue with PPE, lack of testing and contact tracing. Still no proper advice and guidance about wearing face masks. Being in unchartered waters you do expect mistakes to be made, but you also expect people in power to learn from those mistakes and to rectify them quickly. When the history of this pandemic is written, don’t expect our leaders to come out of this with any glory. The sad thing is that so many people are still blinkered when it comes to the handling of this pandemic so far. It is almost like they feel like, having voted this lot in, they have to ignore everything that is happening and back the government no matter what. Take your blinkers off and listen to what the people in hospitals, in care homes, in any position of risk is saying. The Trump approach of dismissing criticism as fake news is a busted flush. Perhaps as those who support the government’s handling of the situation so far no matter what start to lose loved ones, they see what the rest of us are seeing. A shambles.
Tough read on 09:38 - Apr 22 with 499 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 09:31 - Apr 22 by Sadoldgit

I thought that you were only interested in biscuits and fit birds? Seems odd they you are allowed to bore on this subject but you don’t want me to.

Anyway.

It’s good to see most of the media being responsible and asking the questions that need to be asked. Thousands of lives are at stake and it serves no purpose just to swallow Government spin. What is clear is that we did not learn lesson of the other countries soon enough and the slowness to react cost is in terms of higher mortality rates. There is still an issue with PPE, lack of testing and contact tracing. Still no proper advice and guidance about wearing face masks. Being in unchartered waters you do expect mistakes to be made, but you also expect people in power to learn from those mistakes and to rectify them quickly. When the history of this pandemic is written, don’t expect our leaders to come out of this with any glory. The sad thing is that so many people are still blinkered when it comes to the handling of this pandemic so far. It is almost like they feel like, having voted this lot in, they have to ignore everything that is happening and back the government no matter what. Take your blinkers off and listen to what the people in hospitals, in care homes, in any position of risk is saying. The Trump approach of dismissing criticism as fake news is a busted flush. Perhaps as those who support the government’s handling of the situation so far no matter what start to lose loved ones, they see what the rest of us are seeing. A shambles.

"Perhaps as those who support the government’s handling of the situation so far no matter what start to lose loved ones"

Who are these people you speak of?

Tough read on 10:30 - Apr 22 with 479 viewsDorsetIan

Tough read on 09:31 - Apr 22 by Sadoldgit

Anyway.

Personally, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a 'shambles' - the peak of the outbreak has been managed and the health service has not been overrun, so credit is due for that - but my wife is with you (she is threatening me with a subscription to The Telegraph because she thinks I am too supportive of the govt) .

But what you say about the blinkered supporters of 'the people's government' and their inability to acknowledge that everything is far from perfect, is absolutely spot on. Likewise, that he 'fake news' cry is a busted flush. But Alf Garnett and his friends with still resort to every trick in the book when they haven't got a proper answer.

The PPE issue is going to decline in importance as the number of cases and the demand for it falls but I think the care homes issue is going to be the thing that will really stick, and I don't think we know the half of that yet.

Tough read on 10:41 - Apr 22 with 473 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 10:30 - Apr 22 by DorsetIan

Personally, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a 'shambles' - the peak of the outbreak has been managed and the health service has not been overrun, so credit is due for that - but my wife is with you (she is threatening me with a subscription to The Telegraph because she thinks I am too supportive of the govt) .

But what you say about the blinkered supporters of 'the people's government' and their inability to acknowledge that everything is far from perfect, is absolutely spot on. Likewise, that he 'fake news' cry is a busted flush. But Alf Garnett and his friends with still resort to every trick in the book when they haven't got a proper answer.

The PPE issue is going to decline in importance as the number of cases and the demand for it falls but I think the care homes issue is going to be the thing that will really stick, and I don't think we know the half of that yet.

Again, who are the people with an inability to acknowledge everything is far from perfect?

Tough read on 10:41 - Apr 22 with 473 viewsSadoldgit

Boris Johnson is fond of telling us about his heroes, Churchill and Pericles for example. Another is Larry Vaughn. Who he you ask? Larry is the mayor of Amity who taught to keep the beaches open despite a great deal of evidence that a very large shark was gradually chomping it’s was through holidaymakers I’m the film Jaws. Probably explains are great deal about his early response to the
outbreak of Covid-19.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024