Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tough read 12:04 - Apr 19 with 14075 viewssaint22

This tells you how mistakes have cost lives and futures

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/18/how-did-britain-get-its-response-t
Tough read on 00:16 - Apr 23 with 752 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 22:56 - Apr 22 by this_charming_man

Bad news sells at the best of times.

You’d have thought that in these times emergency powers could have been issued to prevent the far left from spreading fear. It undermines the national effort. PPE has not run out and PPE will not run out, it’s a complete non event. The fanatical left are simply looking for something to complain about because the Government are handling the crisis so well. It’s actually an endorsement of this governments brilliance that all the left can complain about is a PPE shortage that doesn’t exist.

Hospitals BUILT
ppe DELIVERED
workers FURLOUGHED
vaccine COMING

This Conservative Landslide Majority government was elected by the people and it delivering for the people. At times of crisis throughout our history it’s the Conservatives that have steered us through the storms and under Boris the Cured we have a warrior who will lead us to a triumphant victory over this terrible plague.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 0:37]

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Tough read on 00:54 - Apr 23 with 742 viewsDorsetIan

Tough read on 00:16 - Apr 23 by Occasional_Showers

You’d have thought that in these times emergency powers could have been issued to prevent the far left from spreading fear. It undermines the national effort. PPE has not run out and PPE will not run out, it’s a complete non event. The fanatical left are simply looking for something to complain about because the Government are handling the crisis so well. It’s actually an endorsement of this governments brilliance that all the left can complain about is a PPE shortage that doesn’t exist.

Hospitals BUILT
ppe DELIVERED
workers FURLOUGHED
vaccine COMING

This Conservative Landslide Majority government was elected by the people and it delivering for the people. At times of crisis throughout our history it’s the Conservatives that have steered us through the storms and under Boris the Cured we have a warrior who will lead us to a triumphant victory over this terrible plague.

OK Dr Goebbels, I think that’s enough crazed ranting for one day.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 0:54]

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Tough read on 08:44 - Apr 23 with 687 viewshuelinsaint

Tough read on 00:16 - Apr 23 by Occasional_Showers

Hospitals BUILT
ppe DELIVERED
workers FURLOUGHED
vaccine COMING

You're strange mush,even weirder than when you were Dune
Tough read on 08:47 - Apr 23 with 683 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 08:44 - Apr 23 by huelinsaint

Dont you think it's amazing feat that they've built a number of temporary hospitals all over the country in a matter of weeks.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Tough read on 08:51 - Apr 23 with 666 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 08:44 - Apr 23 by huelinsaint

Two replies, not one that contradicts what I said. No hospital has run out of PPE. It’s just fake news from the despicable left. A complete non story.

The headline should read ... NHS MIGHT RUN OUT OF PPE BUT THEY HAVEN'T SO FAR

And tomorrow’s headline should read .... NHS MIGHT HAVE RAN OUT OF PPE BUT THEY DIDN'T
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 8:56]

Tough read on 09:02 - Apr 23 with 661 viewsJaySaint

Why is there ranting (by the loony left/FBPE) of not joining the EU ventilator / PPE scheme....?
despite said scheme not providing a single thing!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Tough read on 09:10 - Apr 23 with 656 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 09:02 - Apr 23 by JaySaint

Why is there ranting (by the loony left/FBPE) of not joining the EU ventilator / PPE scheme....?
despite said scheme not providing a single thing!

Did you see that guy ranting on twitter that he worked for a manufacuturing company that had offered to make ventilators for hospitals and no one came back to him? The government were LYING and they DONT WANT VENTILATORS got tens of thousands of likes and retweets

Two things here

i checkedhis twitter profile and company out, he was an anti brexit, corbyn loyalist and Anti Tory for one, before this all his tweets had been praising labour and slagging off the tories/brexit

Secondly and more importantly, his company isn't currently an approved supplier to the government and dont make ventilators. So the government give him an order for 1,000 ventilators. Can you imagine the public outcry that the government are using dodgy ventiators bought on the cheap from an inexperienced and unapproved supplier and if they dont work they could cost lives.

It's mental that so many people dont actually think things through.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 9:20]

Tough read on 10:02 - Apr 23 with 639 viewsBison

Tough read on 09:10 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

Did you see that guy ranting on twitter that he worked for a manufacuturing company that had offered to make ventilators for hospitals and no one came back to him? The government were LYING and they DONT WANT VENTILATORS got tens of thousands of likes and retweets

Two things here

i checkedhis twitter profile and company out, he was an anti brexit, corbyn loyalist and Anti Tory for one, before this all his tweets had been praising labour and slagging off the tories/brexit

Secondly and more importantly, his company isn't currently an approved supplier to the government and dont make ventilators. So the government give him an order for 1,000 ventilators. Can you imagine the public outcry that the government are using dodgy ventiators bought on the cheap from an inexperienced and unapproved supplier and if they dont work they could cost lives.

It's mental that so many people dont actually think things through.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 9:20]

All these companies not getting a response from the government when they have offered to supply PPE , what a disgrace , why didn't the government use these good willed companies ?

Well maybe when they checked companies house a fair proportion of these companies had been in existence for less than a week .

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Login to get fewer ads

Tough read on 10:14 - Apr 23 with 616 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 10:02 - Apr 23 by Bison

All these companies not getting a response from the government when they have offered to supply PPE , what a disgrace , why didn't the government use these good willed companies ?

Well maybe when they checked companies house a fair proportion of these companies had been in existence for less than a week .

Didn’t the dyson ventilators turn out to be useless?

The ones produced by the F1 engineers were the ones that worked.

Tough read on 10:15 - Apr 23 with 628 viewsSadoldgit

Hysterical post time, to keep TCM happy. Matt Hancock was advised not to talk about PPE supplies until they actually arrived. Makes sense, yes? He decided to ignore that advice and subsequently made himself look silly when the stocks didn’t arrive. The daily testing target of 100,000 is a figure that he has apparently made up and may not be achievable. This did not come from advice from experts. How we supposed to have confidence in this man whose main aim seems to be if he talks a good game no one will actually notice if he doesn’t deliver. Keir Starmer will make mincemeat of these people.
Tough read on 10:53 - Apr 23 with 609 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 10:15 - Apr 23 by Sadoldgit

Hysterical post time, to keep TCM happy. Matt Hancock was advised not to talk about PPE supplies until they actually arrived. Makes sense, yes? He decided to ignore that advice and subsequently made himself look silly when the stocks didn’t arrive. The daily testing target of 100,000 is a figure that he has apparently made up and may not be achievable. This did not come from advice from experts. How we supposed to have confidence in this man whose main aim seems to be if he talks a good game no one will actually notice if he doesn’t deliver. Keir Starmer will make mincemeat of these people.

maybe they should start handcuffing people and dragging them down to testing stations to force people to be tested.

Tough read on 10:56 - Apr 23 with 608 viewsGasGiant

Tough read on 10:15 - Apr 23 by Sadoldgit

I agree that pre-announcing something is always a recipe to get egg on your face. In this case though as in others in this crisis the mouthpiece at the top is the Aunt Sally but not the direct cause. His crime is one of overoptimism, naivete, and probably hubris as well, but it also exposes a whole pyramid of incompetence beneath him. The machinery that runs the NHS is massive - a lot of it only exists to plan for disasters like this, and that machinery has failed. WHy are you - and the person who wrote the article that you fauned over - so obsessed with only attacking the mouthpiece at the top, and comletely ignoring all those well paid officials and executives who had no other job but to handle some small part of the overall logistics exercise and yet failed to do so? If you want to get an idea of how many people are involved, look at the graphic contained in this article and remember the names of all the Quangos paid for by our taxes. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/military-appalled-by-planning-fiasco-over-nhs By the way, It's easy for any opposition leader to "make mincement" out of any minister, which makes me wonder why Jeremy Corbyn missed so many open goals during his tenure, so go easy on the hero worship.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 10:57]
Tough read on 11:15 - Apr 23 with 597 viewsDorsetIan

Tough read on 08:51 - Apr 23 by Occasional_Showers

Two replies, not one that contradicts what I said. No hospital has run out of PPE. It’s just fake news from the despicable left. A complete non story.

The headline should read ... NHS MIGHT RUN OUT OF PPE BUT THEY HAVEN'T SO FAR

And tomorrow’s headline should read .... NHS MIGHT HAVE RAN OUT OF PPE BUT THEY DIDN'T
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 8:56]

You're playing a game. You think it's funny or entertaining to write stuff in a ridiculous propagandist style.

It's not and you're not even very good at it (completely transparent, terribly repetitive, boring catchphrases...).

On the basis that it's clearly an adolescent attempt at propaganda, why would anyone take the content seriously?

All I will say is shame on you for suggesting that you are on the side of NHS front line staff when you are using their complaints about inadequate PPE to present a political agenda you don't even believe in.

Tough read on 11:26 - Apr 23 with 587 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 10:56 - Apr 23 by GasGiant

I agree that pre-announcing something is always a recipe to get egg on your face. In this case though as in others in this crisis the mouthpiece at the top is the Aunt Sally but not the direct cause. His crime is one of overoptimism, naivete, and probably hubris as well, but it also exposes a whole pyramid of incompetence beneath him. The machinery that runs the NHS is massive - a lot of it only exists to plan for disasters like this, and that machinery has failed. WHy are you - and the person who wrote the article that you fauned over - so obsessed with only attacking the mouthpiece at the top, and comletely ignoring all those well paid officials and executives who had no other job but to handle some small part of the overall logistics exercise and yet failed to do so? If you want to get an idea of how many people are involved, look at the graphic contained in this article and remember the names of all the Quangos paid for by our taxes. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/military-appalled-by-planning-fiasco-over-nhs By the way, It's easy for any opposition leader to "make mincement" out of any minister, which makes me wonder why Jeremy Corbyn missed so many open goals during his tenure, so go easy on the hero worship.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 10:57]

Because the buck stops with Matt Hancock. It is his responsibility to sort it out. You are probably old enough to remember when ministers used to take responsibility for their departments and would resign when things went wrong, often not their fault. Responsibility. Instead of talking things up and pretending they are better than they are, he should use his energy in dealing with the problems directly and getting a better grip on what the issues are. When I was a manager I was paid to make sure people did what they were supposed to do, to deal with if they weren’t and to identify and fix problems. Not to bullshit and bluster. If people lower down the food chain are telling him one thing and he is saying something else, shouldn’t he face responsibility for that?
Tough read on 11:37 - Apr 23 with 581 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 11:26 - Apr 23 by Sadoldgit

Because the buck stops with Matt Hancock. It is his responsibility to sort it out. You are probably old enough to remember when ministers used to take responsibility for their departments and would resign when things went wrong, often not their fault. Responsibility. Instead of talking things up and pretending they are better than they are, he should use his energy in dealing with the problems directly and getting a better grip on what the issues are. When I was a manager I was paid to make sure people did what they were supposed to do, to deal with if they weren’t and to identify and fix problems. Not to bullshit and bluster. If people lower down the food chain are telling him one thing and he is saying something else, shouldn’t he face responsibility for that?

What were you manager of? BTW a good manager doesn't make sure people do what they should be doing and fix problems.

I think one of your best arguements was when you were telling the government that should be closing schools, then when they did moaning that New York and other European cities had managed to keep schools open and crack on. Im not sure you actually believe anything you say.

Tough read on 11:56 - Apr 23 with 562 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 11:37 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

What were you manager of? BTW a good manager doesn't make sure people do what they should be doing and fix problems.

I think one of your best arguements was when you were telling the government that should be closing schools, then when they did moaning that New York and other European cities had managed to keep schools open and crack on. Im not sure you actually believe anything you say.

Really? What is a manager supposed to do then? And perhaps you can explain what Hancock has done or is doing that makes him immune to criticism.

I have been a manager at both The Guardian and the Crown Prosecution Service.
Tough read on 11:58 - Apr 23 with 560 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 11:56 - Apr 23 by Sadoldgit

Really? What is a manager supposed to do then? And perhaps you can explain what Hancock has done or is doing that makes him immune to criticism.

I have been a manager at both The Guardian and the Crown Prosecution Service.

When did i ever say he was immune from criticism?

If you dont know what the role of a good manager is then it suggests you weren't a good one.

Tough read on 12:07 - Apr 23 with 552 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 11:58 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

When did i ever say he was immune from criticism?

If you dont know what the role of a good manager is then it suggests you weren't a good one.

I’ve told you what I think a manager should do and you disagreed so I am asking you why?

BTW when I talked about fixing problems I mean ensuring that they are fixed.

As for Hancock, for someone who is supposedly neutral you are very defensive of him and the Government.

It isn’t just me criticising him you know. It is quite widespread.
Tough read on 12:52 - Apr 23 with 533 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 12:07 - Apr 23 by Sadoldgit

I’ve told you what I think a manager should do and you disagreed so I am asking you why?

BTW when I talked about fixing problems I mean ensuring that they are fixed.

As for Hancock, for someone who is supposedly neutral you are very defensive of him and the Government.

It isn’t just me criticising him you know. It is quite widespread.

The widespread criticism seems to centre around a lot of ranting on twitter and sensationalist headlines repeated verbatim by the hard of thinking.

Tough read on 13:03 - Apr 23 with 526 viewsDorsetIan

Tough read on 12:52 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

The widespread criticism seems to centre around a lot of ranting on twitter and sensationalist headlines repeated verbatim by the hard of thinking.

That is absolute nonsense. Possibly the most stupid thing you have ever posted on here.

Criticism is coming from many different quarters. Scientists, medics, experienced respected journalists working for newspapers of many different political persuasions.

The people who are 'hard of thinking' are the ones shouting 'fake news' at everything.

Tough read on 13:16 - Apr 23 with 498 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 12:52 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

A thinly veiled dig at “Ian”.

Tough read on 13:22 - Apr 23 with 501 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 13:03 - Apr 23 by DorsetIan

That is absolute nonsense. Possibly the most stupid thing you have ever posted on here.

Criticism is coming from many different quarters. Scientists, medics, experienced respected journalists working for newspapers of many different political persuasions.

The people who are 'hard of thinking' are the ones shouting 'fake news' at everything.

Okay "Ian" you keeping spending all day googling "Cornavirus bad news reports" and i'll carry on taking a more balanced view.

Tough read on 13:23 - Apr 23 with 498 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 13:16 - Apr 23 by Occasional_Showers

A thinly veiled dig at “Ian”.

Ian and Soggy appear to be trying to be the Corbyn and Abbot of mongboards.

Tough read on 13:32 - Apr 23 with 492 viewsGasGiant

Tough read on 11:26 - Apr 23 by Sadoldgit

Yes agreed. When the dust settles he will be accountable and will lose his post, and maybe his reputation depending on findings, But the key there is the difference between responsibility and accountability. Various Civil servants and NHS managers will be responsible for smaller failures that emerge only as numbers o a graph. We may feel satisfaction when the minister falls on his sword but the competence of many Quangos in the pyramid remains a major unresolved issue.
Tough read on 13:45 - Apr 23 with 475 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 13:23 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

Ian and Soggy appear to be trying to be the Corbyn and Abbot of mongboards.

Father and Son take on the world.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024